Author Topic: Obama's Leadership  (Read 66149 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama's Leadership
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »
Yes, your posts on the board demonstrate quite clearly that you don't take kindly to criticism of Obama.

I believe obama was born in Kenya.  I believe he shoud be impeached for fast & furious. 

I don't take kindly to people that believe obama is even legitimately in office.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2014, 11:05:40 AM »
I believe obama was born in Kenya.  I believe he shoud be impeached for fast & furious. 

I don't take kindly to people that believe obama is even legitimately in office.

And yet you kneepad for the man.  Daily.

James

« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:04 AM »
I believe obama was born in Kenya.  I believe he shoud be impeached for fast & furious.  

Fool that is your guy, you and your family voted Obama in, so stop pretending otherwise.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2014, 11:10:55 AM »
Where is option Fail today

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
Where is option Fail today

I think Option D will be popping in at some point to ask how many people have died in the U.S. from Ebola. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2014, 09:38:39 AM »
That's our president.   :-\

OBAMA FLASHBACK: 'I DON'T REALLY CARE TO BE PRESIDENT WITHOUT THE SENATE'

"I don't really care to be president without the Senate," Obama reportedly conceded in June.

Political analysts, and even some Democratic insiders, have long questioned whether President Barack Obama's frequent golf outings and extended vacations are further evidence that he has checked out on the presidency and is eager to hit the exits. In the wake of last night's Republican romp, Democrats' suspicions that Obama is as ready to return to civilian life as Republicans are to send him there may only grow.

Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) aggressively shielded Obama by holding up Senate bills that would have proven embarrassing defeats to a president at odds with members of his own Democratic Party.

Republicans are inclined to attribute Obama's waning desire to lead and manage America's affairs to a personality that seems at odds with the rigorous demands of executive leadership. And they point to Obama's own words.

When Barbara Walters asked him in 2011 what trait "you most deplore in yourself," Obama answered candidly. "Laziness," said Obama. "There is a deep down, underneath all the work that I do, I think there's a laziness in me. It's probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii and it's sunny outside, and sitting on the beach." 

The 2016 presidential election will take place in 734 days. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/05/FLASHBACK-Obama-I-Don-t-Really-Care-to-be-President-Without-the-Senate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »
 :D
That's our president.   :-\

OBAMA FLASHBACK: 'I DON'T REALLY CARE TO BE PRESIDENT WITHOUT THE SENATE'

"I don't really care to be president without the Senate," Obama reportedly conceded in June.

Political analysts, and even some Democratic insiders, have long questioned whether President Barack Obama's frequent golf outings and extended vacations are further evidence that he has checked out on the presidency and is eager to hit the exits. In the wake of last night's Republican romp, Democrats' suspicions that Obama is as ready to return to civilian life as Republicans are to send him there may only grow.

Outgoing Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) aggressively shielded Obama by holding up Senate bills that would have proven embarrassing defeats to a president at odds with members of his own Democratic Party.

Republicans are inclined to attribute Obama's waning desire to lead and manage America's affairs to a personality that seems at odds with the rigorous demands of executive leadership. And they point to Obama's own words.

When Barbara Walters asked him in 2011 what trait "you most deplore in yourself," Obama answered candidly. "Laziness," said Obama. "There is a deep down, underneath all the work that I do, I think there's a laziness in me. It's probably from, you know, growing up in Hawaii and it's sunny outside, and sitting on the beach." 

The 2016 presidential election will take place in 734 days. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/11/05/FLASHBACK-Obama-I-Don-t-Really-Care-to-be-President-Without-the-Senate

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »
Ouch.

Obama's reverse Midas touch: 'Everything he touched turned to crap'
BY BRIAN HUGHES | NOVEMBER 5, 2014

President Obama hardly had the golden touch in the few marquee political contests he got involved in ahead of the 2014 midterms.

Facing tough political headwinds, the president played a do-no-harm strategy, mostly sticking to events with Democratic governors in seemingly safe states.

It turns out that many of those contests weren’t so safe after all.

President Obama saw the Democratic gubernatorial candidates in Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Wisconsin and his home-state Illinois lose after personally stumping for them in the waning moments before Election Day.

Even the Democrat candidate in Massachusetts was unable to maintain the party’s control of the governor's mansion, although Obama didn’t personally intervene in the race. In Connecticut, Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy, who also embraced Obama on the eve of the midterms, appeared Wednesday morning to have barely held on in the reliably liberal state.

The lone good news for Obama: Democrats held a Michigan Senate seat and won the Pennsylvania gubernatorial race, the other two contests in which the president headlined events for candidates.

It’s a stunning rebuke for the White House, which is now left to confront a new reality in which Obama’s political power is at an all-time low. The question now becomes whether he adopts an even more confrontational tone with Republicans, taunting them with executive action, or moves to the middle on a variety of issues that could alienate his base.

Another “shellacking” in the midterms also confirmed Democratic fears that Obama was more effective at getting himself elected than other progressive candidates.

The president will address the loss of the Senate and his path forward in a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

And some Republicans could only crow about the White House’s misfortune.

“Couldn’t he have visited just a few more states?” quipped a senior House Republican aide. “Everything he touched turned to crap.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/everything-obama-touched-turned-to-crap/article/2555788

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2014, 07:56:25 AM »
I can't say I agree with the Chinese on much of anything but they are spot on with that last statement.

Given his party's miserable set of US mid-term election results President Barack Obama will, of course, have been bracing himself for plenty of harsh criticism.

But perhaps he would be surprised to hear that China's state-run media is joining in, with a blistering broadside describing his term in office as "insipid".

Even by the standards of the Global Times, a newspaper with close ties to the Communist Party and known for its strident editorials, the language is blunt.

With Mr Obama due to arrive in Beijing for an international summit in just a few days' time, the article describes him as a man who "dares to do nothing".

US society, it says, has grown tired of his "banality" and, as a result of the mid-terms, "the lame-duck president will be further crippled".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
So Much for the World Respecting Us; This Piece of Art in Russia Says Otherwise
November 3, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

Barack Obama and the Democrats stated over and over again that our country suffered in the area of respect around the world because of George W. Bush, who they degradingly referred to as a ‘Cowboy President’ because of his Texas accent and background. They said that the world no longer respected us, but claimed that under Obama that would change.

Obama told the country that he would raise the sea levels, get terrorists to like us by simply having a conversation with them, and all around make America be loved by the world. Forget being feared as the dominant world power, he would diminish that for he believes we have no business holding such a powerful role.
Six years into his presidency, chaos and terrorism in the world are out of control and it seems as though we have entered into another Cold War with Russia which had previously ended under Ronald Reagan when he made a bold demand regarding the Berlin Wall to Soviet Union president Mikhail Gorbachev. His words, “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!” were the beginning of the end of the ‘Evil Empire.” Under Obama, the chill of the Cold War looks to be returning.

Putin’s march across the Ukraine, despite Obama’s vague and not followed through threats, was a signal a massive level of disrespect towards Obama and America by Putin and Russia. Now, an art gallery entitled, “No Filter’ depicts just how little respect Putin has for Obama to the embarrassment of America

While the gallery shows Putin as a strong leader and Obama has a weakling in many a piece of art, one piece plays into the fact that Obama operates as a petulant child who has never been told no.

In this piece, a larger than life Putin is pictured with Barack Obama, with the body of a school boy, laid across his lap getting a spanking.

Do you think that looks like the world respects America under the Obama presidency?

The piece is called ‘Targeted Sanctions” and specifically takes a mocking swipe at American economic policy, sanctions, in response to Putin’s aggression in Ukraine.

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/11/03/so-much-for-the-world-respecting-us-this-piece-of-art-in-russia-says-otherwise/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2014, 12:45:11 PM »
And the sad part of is, Obama will probably be over there sometime next month playing kiss ass to the same group of people who have absolutely zero respect for him.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »
OP-

You should have put quotes around the word Leadership in the thread title.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
OP-

You should have put quotes around the word Leadership in the thread title.

True.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »
Why is the president in China on Veterans Day dressed like this?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2014, 04:29:05 PM »
Why is the president in China on Veterans Day dressed like this?

Getting on the good side of our new overlords.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »
Hagel Unchained: Departing Defense Secretary Fires Parting Shots in Interview Last Week
November 24, 2014

Departing Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel may have sealed his exit in this interview with Charlie Rose last week. Rose conducted the interview at the Pentagon.

In the interview, Hagel made two key points that serve as accusations that President Barack Obama is mismanaging the United States military and the ISIS threat.

Rose asked Hagel to elaborate on comments that he made in a speech at the Reagan Library last weekend. In that speech, Hagel said that America’s military capability, while still the best in the world, is being threatened.

Hagel re-iterated that to Rose, but also left viewers to wonder about the direction that President Obama is taking the military.

“I am worried about it, I am concerned about it, Chairman Dempsey is, the chiefs are, every leader of this institution,” Hagel said, including Pentagon leadership but leaving both President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden’s names out of his list of officials who are worried about the U.S. military’s declining capability. Hagel said that the Congress and the American people need to know what while the U.S. military remains the strongest, best trained and most motivated in the world, its lead is being threatened because of policies being implemented now.

Hagel went on to note that a good leader prepares their institution for future success, saying that “the main responsibility of any leader is to prepare your institution for the future. If you don’t do that, you’ve failed. I don’t care how good you are, how smart you are, any part of your job. If you don’t prepare your institution, you’ve failed.”

In the past couple of years, Hagel has warned that defense budget cuts implemented under President Obama were hurting readiness and capability. The “how smart you are” line may be a veiled shot at President Obama, who basks in a media image that he is a cerebral, professorial president.

In the same interview (video on the next page), Hagel also commented on the rise of ISIS and how it must be fought. Hagel charged that Obama’s handling of the ISIS threat is now indirectly assisting Syrian dictator Bashar Assad.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/11/24/hagel-unchained-departing-defense-secretary-fire-parting-shots-in-interview-last-week/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
Good grief.

Obama: 'I Spend Most of My Time Watching ESPN in the Morning'
Friday, 12 Dec 2014

President Barack Obama has made a shocking admission — he spends most of his mornings watching sports news on ESPN.

The commander in chief told Colin Cowherd on “The Herd” radio show that he finds the focus on politics on such channels as CNN, Fox News and MSNBC a little overwhelming, The Washington Free Beacon reported.

“Listen, I spend most of my time watching ESPN in the morning,” Obama said. “I get so much politics I don’t, you know, want to be inundated with a bunch of chatter about politics during the day.”

It was not clear whether Obama was sitting in front of the TV while he was supposedly running the country or whether ESPN was on in the background while he was actually working.

Two months ago, a report by the Government Accountability Institute, an investigative research organization, said the president went to only 42.1 percent of his intelligence meetings, known as the Presidential Daily Brief, or PDB.

Obama was appearing on “The Herd” on Friday morning as well as on “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest’s radio show to promote Obamacare, according to The Washington Examiner.

The president is hoping to encourage people to sign up with the health insurance exchanges by Dec. 15.

http://www.Newsmax.com/US/ESPN-The-Herd/2014/12/12/id/612708/#ixzz3LiArNYP5

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2014, 12:31:54 PM »
Not surprising

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:03 AM »
Jonathan Turley: 'Obama Doesn't Have License to Go It Alone'
Thursday, 18 Dec 2014
By Greg Richter

George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley is a longtime critic of what he terms executive overreach by President Barack Obama, but he told Fox News that his use now of "memoranda" pulls even further from James Madison’s idea of the separation of powers.

"We’re becoming even less formal," Turley said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity." "We’ve gone from presidential orders to memoranda, and we’re de-evolving in that sense away from what the framers wanted."

Turley said he voted for Obama and agrees with much of his agenda, but not with how he is instituting it. He has testified before Congress that the legislative branch is willingly giving up its power to the president by not challenging his overuse of executive orders on gun control, Obamacare, and now immigration.

USA Today examined Obama’s use of executive orders and executive memoranda, finding he actually has issued more memoranda than orders.

Obama has claimed he hasn’t used as many executive orders as previous presidents, which is true, but USA Today notes that the memoranda have the same force of law as do orders, making them essentially no different except in name.

When combined, Obama has issued more executive actions per year in office than any president since Jimmy Carter.

"We don’t have a license to go it alone in the United States," Turley told Fox’s Sean Hannity.

Turley warns that America is at a constitutional tipping point, facing a country where the president has far more power than the legislative or judicial branches.

"That’s what makes this so dangerous. We are dealing with what is becoming a different type of system," he said.

The framers of the Constitution believed the separation of powers would protect individual liberty, he said, and an imperial president could eventually erode personal freedoms.

He said lawsuits challenging Obama’s executive actions are one way to combat him. And Congress has power of the purse, but Obama has shown there are limits even to that, he said.

Obama ordered changes to healthcare unilaterally, and did not get appropriations to fund it, Turley noted, and, "The Libyan war was funded entirely out of discretionary funds."

http://www.Newsmax.com/Politics/orders-obama-memoranda-constitution/2014/12/18/id/613719/#ixzz3MHCLAIFa

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »
Does not surprise me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=562891.0

Criticism mounts over thin US presence at Paris rally, Kerry schedules France visit
Published January 12, 2015
FoxNews.com

Criticism mounted Monday over President Obama's muted response to Sunday's massive rally in Paris against Islamic terror, a historic show of unity that drew more than a million people, including more than 40 world leaders -- but none higher representing the U.S. than its ambassador to France -- as the White House continued to avoid calling last week's attacks an act of Islamic terror.

Secretary of State John Kerry dismissed the criticism as "quibbling," and announced a trip to the French capital later this week.

While the administration dispatched Attorney General Eric Holder and a top homeland security official to Paris for meetings over the weekend, the only U.S. official of note to attend Sunday's rally was Ambassador Jane Hartley.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Paris told Fox News that Holder did not attend Sunday's march because he was "not available at the time."

But on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., questioned the logic in even sending Holder for the Paris counterterrorism meetings, suggesting the president is not confronting the matter as Islamic terrorism.

"Last time I checked we're at war. I wouldn't send my attorney general if I were president to deal with Islamic radical terrorists. We're at war here," Graham said. "[Obama] thinks it's a crime out of control."

Speaking on CBS News, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., suggested he can understand how security may have played a role in the decision for Obama not to attend but said, "I think, in hindsight, I would hope they would do it differently" next time.

Others were tough on the administration's decision.

"Not an excuse in universe can explain why US failed to send to Paris a more visible rep. than Holder," tweeted Aaron David Miller, a former State Department official who now works at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, calling Obama, Kerry and Vice President Biden "MIAs."

James Stavridis, a retired Navy admiral who previously led U.S. European Command, also said on Twitter: "I wish our US President had gone to Paris to stand with our European allies."

Amid the criticism, Kerry, who is traveling on official business in India, rearranged his schedule to make it to Paris later in the week. He announced his plans at a press conference in the Indian city of Ahmedabad, where he had made a long-scheduled appearance at an international investment conference Sunday ahead of Obama's planned visit to that country later this month.

"I would have personally very much wanted to have been [in Paris]," Kerry said, "but couldn't do so because of the commitment that I had here and it is important to keep these kinds of commitments."

When asked about criticism directed at the Obama administration for not sending a high-ranking official to take part in the march, Kerry said, "I really think that this is sort of quibbling a little bit in the sense that our Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland was there and marched, our ambassador [to France Jane Hartley] was there and marched, many people from the embassy were there and marched."

Nuland attended a march in Washington.

A senior administration official stressed that Hartley attended the Paris march, and that Obama has shown U.S. solidarity with France by placing a call to their president, stopping by the French embassy and directing U.S. officials to work on helping the French in the wake of last week's terror attack.

The official also said "it is worth noting that the security requirements for both the President and VP can be distracting from events like this -- this event is not about us."

Kerry, at the news conference, said that U.S. officials, including himself and Obama, had been "deeply engaged" with French authorities almost immediately after the first attack occurred Wednesday and had offered intelligence assistance.

More than 40 world leaders -- press reports put the number at 44 -- along with more than a million ordinary French citizens, marched arm in arm through the streets of Paris Sunday to rally for unity and freedom of expression and to honor the 17 victims killed in three separate terror attacks last week.

Among the world leaders who did march, under heavy security, were French President Francois Hollande, British Prime Minister David Cameron, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

Shibley Telhami, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, tweeted, "What's missing in this picture? American leaders. Even Palestinian and Israeli leaders in front line of Paris march."

Democratic strategist Doug Schoen, in a column on FoxNews.com, said Obama has "morally abdicated his place as the leader of the free world." The decision to stay in Washington, Schoen wrote, "sent a clear message to the world: Obama just doesn't care."

He also lamented that Obama "is the only Western leader who has refused to call this attack Islamic terrorism, even though President Hollande has declared that France is it at war with radical Islam."

Kerry said he is going to France to reaffirm U.S. solidarity with America's oldest ally. He said as soon as he heard about the march, he asked his team what the earliest time was that he could go.

"That is why I am going there on the way home and to make it crystal clear how passionately we feel about the events that have taken place there," he said. "I don't think the people of France have any doubt about America's understanding about what happened, about our personal sense of loss and our deep commitment to the people of France in this moment of trial."

Kerry will arrive in Paris on Thursday after stops in Sofia, Bulgaria and Geneva, Switzerland. Kerry will be the highest-ranking U.S. official to visit France since the terrorist attacks on a French newspaper and a kosher supermarket. Authorities say one of those involved in the attacks pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group in a video. He and two other suspected extremists were killed during police raids.

Meanwhile, the White House said Sunday it will hold an international summit next month in Washington on thwarting violent extremism.

The summit is scheduled for Feb. 18 and will focus on domestic and international efforts to "prevent extremists and their supporters from radicalizing, recruiting and inspiring individuals and groups in the United States and abroad from committing acts of violence," the White House said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/12/kerry-announces-planned-paris-trip-says-criticism-for-missing-march-quibbling/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
Funny and sad at the same time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
Lead on Mr. President.

Obama spent more for dinner in Hawaii than his SOTU tax credit for families
BY PAUL BEDARD | JANUARY 20, 2015

President Obama's "two-earner" tax credit isn't such a big deal. AP Photo
Such a deal.

Among the highlights of President Obama’s State of the Union address plans to pull the American family out of economic plight is a $500 tax credit for two-earner families.

Here’s how the White House presented it in a fact sheet: “Provide a new, simple tax credit to two-earner families. The president will propose a new $500 second earner credit to help cover the additional costs faced by families in which both spouses work — benefiting 24 million couples.”

The provision is included in his effort “to help middle class families get ahead.” Like who? Administration officials said families earning up to $210,000 would get a piece of the tax credit. That is four-times the earning of the “typical” middle class income of $51,939 calculated by the Obama-supporting Center for American Progress.

There is an "intensity gap" in the abortion fight, and it favors young anti-abortion advocates.

It’s to pay for the added commuter and child care costs of two-earner families, but it wouldn’t cover much.

Take child day care. The just-out Child Care Aware of America’s 2014 report said the child care price for an infant can reach $14,508 a year or $279 a week.

At that rate, the $500 credit wouldn’t cover two weeks of infant care. For a four-year-old, the costs can reach $12,280, or $236 a week, meaning the credit would just cover two weeks of fees. The report is below.

Ditto for commuter costs. Take Columbus, Ohio, as the example. The Center for Neighborhood Technology’s “Affordability Index” puts the cost of “average annual transportation” at $14,001. That’s about $538 every two weeks, or more than enough to eat the president’s tax credit.

Put another way, the credit wouldn't even cover the tab for two at Hawaii's Vintage Cave restaurant where the president and first lady dined on New Year's Day. It costs $295 per person, and doesn't even include wine.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obamas-two-earner-tax-credit-wouldnt-cover-two-weeks-of-infant-care-or-commuter-costs/article/2558919

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »
Disrespecting one of our closest allies?  Brilliant leadership. 

Leak week: Obama team shows signs of strain as anonymous officials take gripes to media
Published October 31, 2014
FoxNews.com

Trouble-making personnel inside the Obama administration have taken to the press at a steady clip in recent days to badmouth senior officials, as well as a key American ally. And as President Obama enters his seventh year in office, the whispers and potshots are running the risk of undermining the once-cohesive image of the "no drama Obama" team.

Whether it's a few leaky apples or the sign of a larger morale problem is unclear. But several stories with sharp-edged quotes attributed to unnamed administration officials have culminated in an embarrassing week for the White House -- complete with plenty of backpedaling and clarifications to assert a polished narrative that all is well.

But the tarnish may be showing.

Frustrated officials have started to air their grievances on everything from the current relationship between the U.S. and Israel to the military response in Syria.

The latest batch of stories started on Monday, when The Atlantic magazine quoted an anonymous official describing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as a “chickenshit.” The comment follows weeks of heated exchanges between Netanyahu’s government and Washington over disputed settlement-building.

“The thing about Bibi is, he’s a chickenshit,” the official was quoted as saying.

The article caused a furor, as Republicans demanded accountability for the anonymous insult to America's ally. White House and State Department officials insisted the remark does not reflect the administration's views, and White House officials reportedly were calling lawmakers to hammer home that point.

Not everyone was buying the administration's contrite tone. Fox News contributor Judith Miller suggested that comment was "authorized," to "send a message to Israel."

But other comments clearly were not green-lighted by the White House. In the latest episode, ticked-off military officials told The Daily Beast they were frustrated by the tight constraints the White House is placing on them in the war against the Islamic State in Syria.

Disgruntled officers and civilian Pentagon leaders reportedly claimed that National Security Adviser Susan Rice, who is calling much of the shots on U.S. operations in Syria, is “obsessed with the tiniest of details” and referred to the process as “manic.”

The White House reportedly has instructed the military to keep the war contained within policy limits which include restrictions on which rebels can be trained to fight and what their roles will be in the field. The sources said Rice’s micro-managing of basic operational details is tying their hands and holding up progress.

Earlier, on Wednesday, The New York Times reported that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel also was a critic of the White House strategy in Syria. Hagel recently wrote a memo to Rice warning that the current strategy was too unfocused and didn’t clearly address U.S. intentions and how it relates to Syrian President Bashir al-Assad, the Times reported.

Hagel did not back off his comments on Thursday, saying, “We owe the president and we owe the National Security Council our best thinking on this. And it has to be honest and it has to be direct.”

The perception of a harmonious Cabinet was further dented following another claim in the Times article that officials routinely joked Secretary of State John Kerry is like the astronaut Sandra Bullock plays in the movie “Gravity,” and that he’s “somersaulting through space, un-tethered from the White House.”

The article seemed to suggest that Obama’s once tight-knit circle of confidants has come apart in recent months as more and more staff members resign or retire. Personnel shakeups have led some to question the effectiveness of the president’s crisis-management teams.

The comments prompted Earnest and White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough to come to Kerry’s defense. Sort of.

“Those of us working every day at [the] White House aren’t distracted by sometimes colorful, sometimes problematic, and in the case of Sandra Bullock, sometimes amusing comments,” Earnest told reporters.

McDonough also defended Obama’s chief diplomat, telling Bloomberg Television “that picture of Secretary Kerry is not what I witness.” He added that Obama and Kerry meet regularly and described the relationship as “very solid.”

McDonough also refuted rumors of a rift between Kerry and Rice, insisting they have a collaborative relationship.

Whether the administration is hunting down the officials quoted remains to be seen. Earnest gave no indication there would be a vigorous hunt for the official behind the Netanyahu dig.

The shots aren't just coming from inside the administration, either. On a lighter note, another influential figure badmouthed the president this week -- Michael Jordan.

When asked about the president’s golf game during a recent interview Jordan said, “I’ve never played with Obama, but I would.” He added, “I’d take him out. He’s a hack and I’d be all day playing with him … I never said he wasn’t a great politician. I’m just saying he’s a shi--y golfer.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/31/tough-week-for-obama-as-frustrated-officials-air-their-grievances-to-media/

Not surprised.

Netanyahu to address Congress on March 3, Obama not planning to meet with him
Published January 22, 2015
FoxNews.com

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will address Congress on March 3, House Speaker John Boehner announced Thursday -- though President Obama does not plan to meet with him.

The House speaker had invited Netanyahu to speak to lawmakers about the threat from Iran. The announcement caught the president off-guard, as the invitation was not cleared first with the Obama administration; such invitations typically are coordinated with the White House and State Department.

Asked Thursday about the visit, the White House said Obama would not meet with him, citing the country's upcoming elections. Spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said that in keeping with "long-standing practice and principle," the president does not meet with heads of state or candidates in close proximity to their elections.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., meanwhile, said it was inappropriate for Boehner to invite Netanyahu to address Congress in the shadow of that election and give the appearance of endorsing the prime minister. "If that's the purpose of Prime Minister Netanyahu's visit two weeks before his own election, right in the midst of our negotiations, I just don't think it's appropriate and helpful," Pelosi said.

But Boehner cast the invitation as part of Congress' effort to stay tough on Iran, as the Obama administration forges a possible nuclear deal with the country. Boehner on Wednesday denied any suggestion he was "poking [the White House] in the eye," though White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest noted the invitation was a breach in protocol.

Boehner originally asked Netanyahu to speak in February. His office now says the prime minister will address a joint session of Congress on March 3. A source told Fox News the Israeli leader requested the date be changed so he only would have to make one trip to the U.S. before Israeli elections; he also plans to attend an AIPAC conference in Washington at the time.

Boehner had announced the invitation a day after Obama delivered his State of the Union address, in which he threatened to veto a bill -- backed by Republicans and some Democrats -- to tee up more sanctions against Iran in case negotiations fail to curtail the country's nuclear enrichment program.

Obama warned the legislation would "all but guarantee that diplomacy fails."

But Boehner told members of the GOP House Conference on Wednesday morning they would not sit on the legislation. "Let's send a clear message to the White House -- and the world -- about our commitment to Israel and our allies," he said.

Boehner signaled he wants Netanyahu to explain the stakes of the debate to Congress.

The address would mark his third appearance before a joint session of Congress and his second during Boehner's speakership. His previous addresses were in July 1996 and May 2011.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/22/netanyahu-to-address-congress-on-march-3-boehner-says/?intcmp=trending

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »
Good job leader of the free world.

Netanyahu Gets a Congratulatory Call . . . From India’s PM
Posted on March 18, 2015, 11:32 am by Keith Koffler

Now this will be very interesting, to see how the White House handles Netanyahu’s win.

It’s their worst nightmare, of course. Not only did the hated Netanyahu cruise to victory, but he did it opposing President Obama’s key Middle East policies: a nuclear deal favorable to Iran and a two-state solution for Israel and the Palestinians.

Who will call first? Obama or Netanyahu? The answer is, apparently – the prime minister of India.

From Israel’s i24 News:

India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined the ranks of world leaders who congratulated Netanyahu on the victory, going one step further and delivering his message in Hebrew.

“מזל טוב ידידי Bibi @Netanyahu אני זוכר את פגישתנו הנעימה בניו יורק בספטמבר האחרון,” read the post on Modi’s official Twitter account; it translates as “Congratulations my dear friend Bibi, I remember our pleasant meeting in New York last September.”

Obama will probably call Netanyahu soon, because it will make him feel like he’s being big about things. And then he will freeze Netanyahu out as much as possible. Because if Obama thinks he can do U.S. affairs without Congress, certainly he thinks he can do the Middle East without Israel.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2015/03/18/netanyahu-congratulatory-call-indias-pm/