Author Topic: Obama's Leadership  (Read 66131 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama's Leadership
« Reply #300 on: November 24, 2015, 10:22:48 AM »
Not an effective way to build consensus with legislators.

Obama: Republicans Helping ISIS
Posted on November 23, 2015
by Keith Koffler

President Obama launched an attack on Republicans from foreign soil Sunday, saying during a stop in Malaysia that they were helping the enemy, ISIS.

“Prejudice and discrimination helps ISIL and undermines our national security,” Obama said during a press conference in Malaysia.

So while overseas, speaking to a foreign audience, Obama accuses fellow Americans of being racist and aiding the enemy. All because they want to protect the nation by stopping Syrian refugees – and the potential terrorists among them – from entering the United States, with the possible exception of Christians who are targeted for death and cannot easily be relocated in the region instead of here.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2015/11/23/obama-republicans-helping-isis/

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
Not an effective way to build consensus with legislators.

Obama: Republicans Helping ISIS
Posted on November 23, 2015
by Keith Koffler

President Obama launched an attack on Republicans from foreign soil Sunday, saying during a stop in Malaysia that they were helping the enemy, ISIS.

“Prejudice and discrimination helps ISIL and undermines our national security,” Obama said during a press conference in Malaysia.

So while overseas, speaking to a foreign audience, Obama accuses fellow Americans of being racist and aiding the enemy. All because they want to protect the nation by stopping Syrian refugees – and the potential terrorists among them – from entering the United States, with the possible exception of Christians who are targeted for death and cannot easily be relocated in the region instead of here.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2015/11/23/obama-republicans-helping-isis/

your statement about building consensus is laughable...the Republicans do not want "consensus" with Obama...they want him to fail..plain and simple....Obama realized that halfway through his first term......thats why he does things his way.....thats what you do when people refuse to work with you and are butthurt that you got elected in teh first place and then re-elected

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: November 27, 2015, 02:01:18 PM »
your statement about building consensus is laughable...the Republicans do not want "consensus" with Obama...they want him to fail..plain and simple....Obama realized that halfway through his first term......thats why he does things his way.....thats what you do when people refuse to work with you and are butthurt that you got elected in teh first place and then re-elected

False. He never tried to do anything to build consensus.  He failed to meet with Republicans on a regular basis to find common ground.  His approach has always been "my way or the highway."  Face it:  your Messiah is a terrible leader. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
False. He never tried to do anything to build consensus.  He failed to meet with Republicans on a regular basis to find common ground.  His approach has always been "my way or the highway."  Face it:  your Messiah is a terrible leader. 

I guess Mitch McConnell saying "my goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president" was him trying to build "consensus"....also with Obama there is:

5% unemployment
strongest financial markets EVER
Deficit reduced substantially SEVEN YEARS IN A ROW
Economy growing at much larger rate than the rest of the world except China
No major scandals in his inner circle

if that's being a bad leader then "thank you very much bad leader" 8)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2015, 04:57:54 PM »
I guess Mitch McConnell saying "my goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president" was him trying to build "consensus"....also with Obama there is:

5% unemployment

Not working with republicans has been a huge success for America.

Lets hope this trend continues.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2015, 06:11:50 PM »

5% unemployment

How many people out of the work force and underemployed?
Yeah wall street is doing great...
We're how much in debt again because of Barry.....what 13 trillion...yup doing great
Inner circle meaning him and chewy...sure I guess
The middle east and north Africa are on fire....Turkey is now shooting down Russian jets .....that are there because Obama capitulated in Iraq...please guy stop already
L

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2015, 09:29:02 AM »
Not working with republicans has been a huge success for America.

Lets hope this trend continues.

Awesome point....good job

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »

We're how much in debt again because of Barry.....what 13 trillion...yup doing great
The middle east and north Africa are on fire....Turkey is now shooting down Russian jets .....that are there because Obama capitulated in Iraq...please guy stop already

so what???????....the world has ALWAYS been on fire......since the days of the British empire and the Roman empire....and do you remember WW I and WWII???...I guess those wars were the fault of Woodrow Wilson and Roosevelt, right????....so that's Obama's fault????????.....people have ALWAYS been underemployed and out of the work force.......Debt has grown under all presidents in the modern age...and will keep growing after Obama leaves office.....it grew large under Repub presidents as well....

DESTROYED

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

Stop whining fag.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »
Mentioning Planned Parenthood in the same breath as the Paris terrorist attacks.  More lousy leadership.

Obama, While Speaking in Paris, on Planned Parenthood Shooting: ‘This Just Doesn’t Happen in Other Countries’
BY: David Rutz    
December 1, 2015

President Obama, while speaking Tuesday in a city struck by a massive terrorist attack less than three weeks ago, said of the Planned Parenthood shooting last week in Colorado that “this just doesn’t happen in other countries.”

“With respect to Planned Parenthood, obviously my heart goes out to those impacted,” Obama said during a press conference in Paris. “I mean, Nancy, I say this every time we’ve got one of these mass shootings. This just doesn’t happen in other countries. We are rightly determined to prevent terrorist attacks wherever they occur, whether in the United States or with friends and allies like France, and we devote enormous resources, and properly so, to rooting out networks and debilitating organizations like ISIL.”

Paris was struck by Islamic State militants on Nov. 13, when a series of coordinated attacks by the fanatical terrorists killed 130 people in the French capital.

In the United States, Obama said, the country had power to prevent the “regular process” of gun homicides, and that local governments and states would have to take more action to keep guns out of dangerous people’s hands. He then went on to defend Planned Parenthood as often being the “only organization” to provide health care for impoverished women.

“And with respect to Planned Parenthood, I think it’s clear, I’ve said it before, they provide health services to women all across the country,” Obama said. “Have for generations. In many cases, it’s the only organization that provides health services to impoverished women. I think it’s fair to have a legitimate, honest debate about abortion. I don’t think that’s something that is beyond the pale of our political discussion. I think it’s a serious, legitimate issue. How we talk about it, making sure we’re talking about it factually, accurately and not demonizing organizations like Planned Parenthood, I think is important.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-while-speaking-in-paris-on-planned-parenthood-shooting-this-just-doesnt-happen-in-other-countries/

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #310 on: December 01, 2015, 09:14:15 AM »
Stop whining fag.

Canada speaks...and nobody cares....go hug a moose.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2015, 09:38:45 AM »
Mentioning Planned Parenthood in the same breath as the Paris terrorist attacks.  

Are both terrorist acts?
we both commintted by zealots willing to use violence to make their beliefs heard?

Repubs were jumping all over each other to condemn the religion of someone killing frenchmen... but kill american docs and civilians, on american soil... and they're much slower to respond, and not a peep about religion.

both were terrorist attacks due to zealots.  

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
Are both terrorist acts?
we both commintted by zealots willing to use violence to make their beliefs heard?

Repubs were jumping all over each other to condemn the religion of someone killing frenchmen... but kill american docs and civilians, on american soil... and they're much slower to respond, and not a peep about religion.

both were terrorist attacks due to zealots.  

I have read nothing other than speculation as to what the PP shooters motive was. Either way he is an oxygen thief and should be perished ASAP
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2015, 10:09:08 AM »
I have read nothing other than speculation as to what the PP shooters motive was. Either way he is an oxygen thief and should be perished ASAP

yeah, i'm all for wasting the fcker.  But IMO, if he is yelling about baby parts while shooting, then we know his attacks were based on an anti-abortion beliefs.

he's using murder/violence to advance his political agenda... that's terrorism.

Small-minded people can try to say Paris was religious-based and this was not... let them.  Either way, it IS politically based.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 01, 2015, 10:38:46 AM »

Oxygen thief....nice term ;)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »
yeah, i'm all for wasting the fcker.  But IMO, if he is yelling about baby parts while shooting, then we know his attacks were based on an anti-abortion beliefs.

he's using murder/violence to advance his political agenda... that's terrorism.

Small-minded people can try to say Paris was religious-based and this was not... let them.  Either way, it IS politically based.

Maybe he had anti-abortion beliefs or he is just crazier than a shit house rat, the point being the political spin is out of control. Speculation being passed off as fact. The POTUS has already started in on the gun control argument, sorry but the 2nd amendment is the law of the land, and we simply have to accept the risk by expecting to live in an open free society.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: December 01, 2015, 10:59:05 AM »
Maybe he had anti-abortion beliefs or he is just crazier than a shit house rat, the point being the political spin is out of control. Speculation being passed off as fact. The POTUS has already started in on the gun control argument, sorry but the 2nd amendment is the law of the land, and we simply have to accept the risk by expecting to live in an open free society.

That's one of the primary problems with him:  speaking and drawing conclusions before the facts are in.  Reckless thing to do when you have the bully pulpit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: December 01, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
the same repubs that demanded muslim databases (because 15 out of 1 billion of them did an attack on paris) have been silent on christian databases, because one of one billion shot up an abortion clinic.

the same repubs that said we should only allow christian refugess haven't said we should only allow this or that. 

look, i'm all for attacking the fck out of groups for the shit they do... just be consistent.  Yes, maybe there SHOULD be a database for religious extremists that threaten abortion clinics?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: December 01, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »
the same repubs that demanded muslim databases (because 15 out of 1 billion of them did an attack on paris) have been silent on christian databases, because one of one billion shot up an abortion clinic.

the same repubs that said we should only allow christian refugess haven't said we should only allow this or that. 

look, i'm all for attacking the fck out of groups for the shit they do... just be consistent.  Yes, maybe there SHOULD be a database for religious extremists that threaten abortion clinics?

Aside from Mohammed being the prophet, next lynch pin to core of Islam is the expansion if Islam. That expansion is to be done by conversion first, subjugation second, and death of those that refuse either. Last time I read the bible I can't remember Christians being commanded to kill people who won't convert.

Islam has been spread by the sword since its inception, I see no reason to invite this nonsense into the US.

And .gov can take their databases and shove up their collective ass.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: December 01, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »
Last time I read the bible I can't remember Christians being commanded to kill people who won't convert.

some folks believe it is their duty to kill those who won't stop aborting.   

One could argue if the docs would convert, they'd stop aborting.

Either way, it's a-holes murdering people following the law, because they don't obey the same belief system as them.  When I hear repubs *outraged* that the shooter is being labeled anti-abortion, I'm annoyed.  They were happy to put 1 billion people in a database last week.  This week it's wrong to say what religion this man in?  Just be consistent.  Shit on them all, or don't.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: December 01, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
some folks believe it is their duty to kill those who won't stop aborting.   

One could argue if the docs would convert, they'd stop aborting.

Either way, it's a-holes murdering people following the law, because they don't obey the same belief system as them.  When I hear repubs *outraged* that the shooter is being labeled anti-abortion, I'm annoyed.  They were happy to put 1 billion people in a database last week.  This week it's wrong to say what religion this man in?  Just be consistent.  Shit on them all, or don't.

Well some folks should re-read the bible. The difference is what I stated above, on top of it the refugees are not American citizens, so fuck them as well.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2015, 04:40:24 PM »
 :-[

NYT Flushes Obama’s Damning ‘Cable TV’ Admission From Defensive San Bernardino Story
By Clay Waters
December 18, 2015

President Obama spoke off the record to news columnists, in a defensive response to Republican criticism that he has seemed passive and uninterested in the face of Islamic terrorist attacks and threats against the United States. In a news story about the meeting New York Times reporters Peter Baker and Gardiner Harris, who weren’t present, revealed this damning admission from the president:

In his meeting with the columnists, Mr. Obama indicated that he did not see enough cable television to fully appreciate the anxiety after the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, and made clear that he plans to step up his public arguments.

But that sentence was deleted from the updated version that appeared in Friday’s print edition. Mediaite’s Alex Griswold took us through the affair:

The President of the United States failed to understand that Americans were anxious after two major terrorist attacks in Western cities because he doesn’t watch TV? It’s an admission that opponents are sure to use to make the president seem out-of-touch at best, and unconcerned about a serious threat at worst.

Many politicos and journalists immediately saw the newsworthiness of the statement, especially after CNN’s Brian Stelter drew attention to it.

But just as the quote was beginning to make the rounds, it disappeared entirely from the the Times piece, without a correction or any indication that the piece had been updated.

. . .

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2015/12/18/nyt-flushes-obamas-damning-cable-television-admission-defensive-san#sthash.XJdho0PG.dpuf

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: December 18, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
:-[

NYT Flushes Obama’s Damning ‘Cable TV’ Admission From Defensive San Bernardino Story
By Clay Waters
December 18, 2015

President Obama spoke off the record to news columnists, in a defensive response to Republican criticism that he has seemed passive and uninterested in the face of Islamic terrorist attacks and threats against the United States. In a news story about the meeting New York Times reporters Peter Baker and Gardiner Harris, who weren’t present, revealed this damning admission from the president:

In his meeting with the columnists, Mr. Obama indicated that he did not see enough cable television to fully appreciate the anxiety after the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, and made clear that he plans to step up his public arguments.

But that sentence was deleted from the updated version that appeared in Friday’s print edition. Mediaite’s Alex Griswold took us through the affair:

The President of the United States failed to understand that Americans were anxious after two major terrorist attacks in Western cities because he doesn’t watch TV? It’s an admission that opponents are sure to use to make the president seem out-of-touch at best, and unconcerned about a serious threat at worst.

Many politicos and journalists immediately saw the newsworthiness of the statement, especially after CNN’s Brian Stelter drew attention to it.

But just as the quote was beginning to make the rounds, it disappeared entirely from the the Times piece, without a correction or any indication that the piece had been updated.

. . .

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2015/12/18/nyt-flushes-obamas-damning-cable-television-admission-defensive-san#sthash.XJdho0PG.dpuf

You're finally using credible sources...good job ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: December 18, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »
You're finally using credible sources...good job ;)

Why are you being dishonest? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2015, 08:33:07 AM »
In other words, you are too stupid to understand that ISIS isn't really that big of a threat.  A familiar refrain. 

Obama cites weak messaging, media saturation for Americans' ISIS fears
By Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer
Mon December 21, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

Honolulu (CNN) President Barack Obama acknowledged in an interview released Monday that his administration may have fumbled its anti-ISIS communications strategy, but he insisted the plan itself was working and suggested saturated media coverage of the group could be fueling terror fears in the United States.

In the past few weeks, the White House has sought to step up its messaging efforts on counterterrorism, scheduling a prime-time television address and visits to the Pentagon and National Counterterrorism Center in an attempt to better explain progress made against the Islamic State group.

But Obama conceded those efforts, prompted by an ISIS-inspired attack that killed 14 people in San Bernardino, California, came after inadequate efforts to relay the work of a U.S.-led coalition in combating ISIS.

"We haven't on a regular basis, I think, described all the work that we've been doing for more than a year now to defeat ISIL," Obama told NPR in an interview taped before he departed for his holiday vacation in Hawaii. He called the communications blunder a "legitimate criticism of what I've been doing and our administration has been doing."

But he also pinned Americans' renewed unease about terror attacks on U.S. soil to blanket media coverage of ISIS attacks. The November ISIS terrorist massacre in Paris, which left 130 people dead, led to "a saturation of news about the horrible attack there," Obama said in the interview.

"If you've been watching television for the last month, all you have been seeing, all you have been hearing about is these guys with masks or black flags who are potentially coming to get you," he said in the NPR interview. "So I understand why people are concerned about it."

"Look, the media is pursuing ratings," he added later. "This is a legitimate news story. I think that, you know, it's up to the media to make a determination about how they want to cover things."

Obama has come under fire from Republicans for his ISIS strategy, which they have labeled weak and ineffective. But even some Democrats, namely those lawmakers up for re-election next year, have privately worried that Obama has appeared flat-footed in responding to the terror rampages in France and California.

A public relations push to better explain his plan, which began with a rare Oval Office address at the beginning of December, came as Americans increasingly said in polls they doubted his ability to protect them from terrorist attacks.

But he's resisted calls to fundamentally alter his strategy against ISIS, which has relied on airstrikes and small numbers of special operations forces to take out key ISIS leaders. He's castigated GOP opponents of his plan for not laying out specifics of their own proposals and deemed what they have offered as untenable.

"If the suggestion is that we kill tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent Syrians and Iraqis, that is not who we are and that would be a strategy that would have enormous backlash against the United States. It would be terrible for our national security," he said in the interview.

He offered slight praise for one GOP candidate, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, for offering up specifics of a plan, which would include sending at least 10,000 U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS.

"Lindsey Graham one of the few who has been at least honest about suggesting: here is something I would do that the President is not doing. He doesn't just talk about being louder or sounding tougher in the process," he said.

Pushing back on Republicans
In speaking about ISIS, Obama has sought to push back against Republican plans to curb refugee entry into the United States and, in the case of Republican front-runner Donald Trump, ban all Muslims from coming into the country.

Those plans, Obama has claimed, only fuel jihadist recruiting propaganda and diminish the character of the United States. In the interview Monday, he said that candidates such as Trump were taking advantage of an angry segment of the populace for political gain.

"Blue-collar men have had a lot of trouble in this new economy, where they are no longer getting the same bargain that they got when they were going to a factory and able to support their families on a single paycheck," he said. "There is going to be potential anger, frustration, fear. Some of it justified, but just misdirected. I think somebody like Mr. Trump is taking advantage of that. That's what he's exploiting during the course of his campaign."

Obama said some opposition to his agenda could be fueled by ingrained resistance to an African-American commander in chief, citing "specific strains in the Republican Party that suggest that somehow I'm different, I'm Muslim, I'm disloyal to the country."

"In some ways, I may represent change that worries them," he said.

"I think if you are talking about the specific virulence of some of the opposition directed towards me, then, you know, that may be explained by the particulars of who I am," he added later.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/politics/barack-obama-isis-interview/index.html