Author Topic: Tebow looked good yesterday.  (Read 3282 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Tebow looked good yesterday.
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
I root for the guy and hope he does well.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Tebow looked good yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 02:42:37 PM »
I agree.  300yd passing day in his 2nd start, yeah I know it was the Texans, but still...I really hope he does well, too.  Class guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »
Agree.  Hope he succeeds. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAH you have all been hood winked...

I said before the game that no matter how tebow does in week 17 he will be the starter in  2011, B/C....

Houstons D will make him look so good that it will carry over into next season.

Tebow isnt anything special at all, horrible arm strength, his best strength is as a runner which is slightly better than sanchez only b/c he can take a harder hit.

I guess he is the starter next season but finishes as a back up...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:03:20 AM »

I said before the game that no matter how tebow does in week 17 he will be the starter in  2011, B/C....

Tebow isnt anything special at all, horrible arm strength, his best strength is as a runner which is slightly better than sanchez only b/c he can take a harder hit.

I just hope you Tebow haters keep fueling him ;D

Team Tebow!!! ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »
Tebow and the 'It' Factor

DENVER – It was my mother, of all people, who in the midst of her post-surgical convalescence in Florida, picked the Broncos to win Sunday, adding that Tim Tebow would find a way to not only win this game, but many more to come.

Her reasoning?

He has “it.”

That two-letter word seems to arise a great deal when it comes to evaluating young quarterbacks. Some have all the physical tools and background, but appear to lack that intangible quality; this is a criticism currently being laid at the feet of another 2010 draft pick, Carolina’s Jimmy Clausen.

Conversely, Tebow didn’t have the classic drop-back background, orthodox throwing style or recommended placement of the football that most successful pro quarterbacks possess. Everything he had was everything that wasn’t tangible: leadership, poise, persistence, grit, guile and diligence.

There are no statistics for these, which makes it difficult for a numbers guy like myself to grasp what Tebow brings, to understand “it.”

But his teammates had already witnessed this.

“THE GUY NEVER GIVES UP,” declared Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan after the game. “He’s keeping plays going. The more he gets a chance to play, the more confident he gets. You can see that as a defense. When you’ve got a guy making plays, he’ll run the ball and get you a first down with his feet and his arm, and he generates the sense of urgency around the team.”

Sometimes he has so much energy he has trouble spitting out the playcalls.

“He was pumped.  A couple of plays he tripped over his words,” running back Lance Ball said, “but that’s Tim.”

Even then, he was composed.

“He’s just got poise,” running back Correll Buckhalter said. “His first start against Oakland, you’ve kind of got a lot of things going all over the place, which is expected of a rookie quarterback. Today he was real poised, he ran the offense well and we rallied behind him.”

His final play (other than kneeldowns) — when he veered right, turned left and ran for the pylon and the game-winning touchdown, was an apt culmination.

“HE MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING,” proclaimed wide receiver Brandon Lloyd when asked about Tebow’s game-winning touchdown run.

“There’s a couple of things I look for out of a young quarterback, which are the same things I look for out of a veteran, which are keeping your poise, having confidence and giving players an opportunity to make plays on the ball,” Lloyd added. “That’s what he did today.”

It can’t be coached, cornerback Champ Bailey said.

“Any coach can try to take credit for it but that’s all God-given ability. And he goes out and gives it all he’s got,” Bailey said. “He’ll take off running. You cant teach that. It’s like what (Michael) Vick does.

“Who can actually teach that? That’s just something you’re given when you’re born.”

So, again, just what is “it” that Tebow has?

Perhaps we’re all about to find out.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/12/27/tebow-and-the-it-factor/

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »
i knew Hugo would be a happy man !!!  The physical mechanics of what is supposed to be a good NFL QB are way over-rated.....watch Rivers throw a ball and tell me that you HAVE to have great throwing mechanics to be a solid NFL QB.  Most important factor is leadership, and Tebow has a ton of it.  Can't teach it, some people have it do and others don't.  And he will only improve as he learns to read defenses, learns the offense, etc... and one of the key things is he is willing to put in the time and do whatever is asked of him. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 07:31:42 AM »
Tebow and the 'It' Factor

DENVER – It was my mother, of all people, who in the midst of her post-surgical convalescence in Florida, picked the Broncos to win Sunday, adding that Tim Tebow would find a way to not only win this game, but many more to come.

Her reasoning?

He has “it.”

That two-letter word seems to arise a great deal when it comes to evaluating young quarterbacks. Some have all the physical tools and background, but appear to lack that intangible quality; this is a criticism currently being laid at the feet of another 2010 draft pick, Carolina’s Jimmy Clausen.

Conversely, Tebow didn’t have the classic drop-back background, orthodox throwing style or recommended placement of the football that most successful pro quarterbacks possess. Everything he had was everything that wasn’t tangible: leadership, poise, persistence, grit, guile and diligence.

There are no statistics for these, which makes it difficult for a numbers guy like myself to grasp what Tebow brings, to understand “it.”

But his teammates had already witnessed this.

“THE GUY NEVER GIVES UP,” declared Broncos linebacker Mario Haggan after the game. “He’s keeping plays going. The more he gets a chance to play, the more confident he gets. You can see that as a defense. When you’ve got a guy making plays, he’ll run the ball and get you a first down with his feet and his arm, and he generates the sense of urgency around the team.”

Sometimes he has so much energy he has trouble spitting out the playcalls.

“He was pumped.  A couple of plays he tripped over his words,” running back Lance Ball said, “but that’s Tim.”

Even then, he was composed.

“He’s just got poise,” running back Correll Buckhalter said. “His first start against Oakland, you’ve kind of got a lot of things going all over the place, which is expected of a rookie quarterback. Today he was real poised, he ran the offense well and we rallied behind him.”

His final play (other than kneeldowns) — when he veered right, turned left and ran for the pylon and the game-winning touchdown, was an apt culmination.

“HE MADE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING,” proclaimed wide receiver Brandon Lloyd when asked about Tebow’s game-winning touchdown run.

“There’s a couple of things I look for out of a young quarterback, which are the same things I look for out of a veteran, which are keeping your poise, having confidence and giving players an opportunity to make plays on the ball,” Lloyd added. “That’s what he did today.”

It can’t be coached, cornerback Champ Bailey said.

“Any coach can try to take credit for it but that’s all God-given ability. And he goes out and gives it all he’s got,” Bailey said. “He’ll take off running. You cant teach that. It’s like what (Michael) Vick does.

“Who can actually teach that? That’s just something you’re given when you’re born.”

So, again, just what is “it” that Tebow has?

Perhaps we’re all about to find out.

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/12/27/tebow-and-the-it-factor/
LOL sounds like the words of a giddy school girl enamoured with tebow but couldnt give you one legit reason why he is going to be a good qb

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 07:32:48 AM »
i knew Hugo would be a happy man !!!  The physical mechanics of what is supposed to be a good NFL QB are way over-rated.....watch Rivers throw a ball and tell me that you HAVE to have great throwing mechanics to be a solid NFL QB.  Most important factor is leadership, and Tebow has a ton of it.  Can't teach it, some people have it do and others don't.  And he will only improve as he learns to read defenses, learns the offense, etc... and one of the key things is he is willing to put in the time and do whatever is asked of him. 
I agree with that, it will be interesting to see how he does

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 07:33:28 AM »
have fun with kubiak hugo, shoot if you want you can have schaub too

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »
have fun with kubiak hugo, shoot if you want you can have schaub too
You guys didn't fire him did you?  I was on the Texans forum the other day and it looks like everyone wants him gone but I got the impression in the media that he's getting another year.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »
I didnt watch the game but in mcdaniels system any qb can look good.

Never been a tebow hater, in-fact i root for the guy on other sports forums because people flat out want to see the guy fall on his face. Most likely because of the media slurpage he received.

But he was a terrible pick in the first round.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
I agree with that, it will be interesting to see how he does
look at it from a Broncos fan perspective.  We've just watched a very long streak with a team that just gives up as soon as they're down and a quarterback that despite his skills, has no ability to motivate the team and doesn't seem to give a shit or know how to motivate a comeback.  We're hungry for a leader that doesn't give up and you can bitch all day long about Tebow but you'll never be able to say he gave up.  We really need that right now.  Will we be superbowl material anytime soon?  Maybe not but exciting football just returned to Denver with Tebow and that psyches the shit out me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »
You guys didn't fire him did you?  I was on the Texans forum the other day and it looks like everyone wants him gone but I got the impression in the media that he's getting another year.
I wouldnt be surprised if he did get another year, thats right in line with the david carr lets make sure he really does suck philosophy of managing  ::)

There are going to be alot of coaches flying around this off season including possibly cowher and gruden. I think if we have the chance to get one of those guys or even fisher if he chooses to leave the titans we will jump at the chance.

I dont see them firing him without a coach in mind to replace him though

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »
look at it from a Broncos fan perspective.  We've just watched a very long streak with a team that just gives up as soon as they're down and a quarterback that despite his skills, has no ability to motivate the team and doesn't seem to give a shit or know how to motivate a comeback.  We're hungry for a leader that doesn't give up and you can bitch all day long about Tebow but you'll never be able to say he gave up.  We really need that right now.  Will we be superbowl material anytime soon?  Maybe not but exciting football just returned to Denver with Tebow and that psyches the shit out me.
I totally agree with you, he puts asses in seats thats for sure

but ive said it many many times, ill take a ugly win over a pretty loss anyday of the week...

to me its about winning...i think orton gives you guys the best chance of winning.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »
The future is Tebow. Orton will be holding a clipboard next season.

He's exciting but he better remember to slide on occassion. NFL defenders are bigger, faster, and hit a lot harder than the opponents he ran over in college.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:08 AM »
The future is Tebow. Orton will be holding a clipboard next season.

He's exciting but he better remember to slide on occassion. NFL defenders are bigger, faster, and hit a lot harder than the opponents he ran over in college.
I agree tebow is the future, imho though orton gives them a better chance to win ball games...

I yea he will learn sooner or later, cushing gave him a nice little welcome which i cant seem to find on youtube

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:20 AM »

A QB doesn't need great arm strength to be a good, or even great, QB.  Accuracy is much more important.  Poise, mobility, intelligence, work ethic are all vital too.  I think Tebow has those qualities.  Plus he's a winner.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »
I agree tebow is the future, imho though orton gives them a better chance to win ball games...

I yea he will learn sooner or later, cushing gave him a nice little welcome which i cant seem to find on youtube
I don't think Orton gives us the better chance at winning for the reasons I stated above.  He has no ability to rally the team or motivate them in any way.  As soon as we get 10 points behind, the team is sitting there with their heads hanging and Orton just stands there like all he has to do is his job and go home.  Right now Orton is a better QB than Tebow, but that's NOT the most important thing for a franchise that is at the lowest point of their history.  Tebow is exactly what this team needs.  His mechanics will improve, and you can already see some improvement.  What gives us the best chance at winning is a team that believes they can win and won't give up.  Orton just doesn't have that in him at all...

And I think Tebow is going to be a great QB despite all the complaints.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
His teamates respect and like him.

body88

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 09:06:22 PM »
I was one of he guys calling for him to be drafted in the first round... he's a great leader and he's a winner.

He is not a good passing QB, though. Orton is better.