Author Topic: Terrorist dont use gitmo as a big recruitment tool, 240  (Read 1303 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Terrorist dont use gitmo as a big recruitment tool, 240
« on: December 28, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »
I recall one of the biggest reasons of obama and 240 for wanting to close gitmo was that it was a big factor used to recruit new terrorists. As a matter of fact obama has stated that "Guantanamo is probably the number one recruitment tool that is used by these jihadist organizations."

that turns on to not be true...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gitmo-not-al-qaedas-number-one-recruitment-tool_524997.html

translations of 34 messages and interviews delivered by top al Qaeda leaders operating in Pakistan and Afghanistan (“Al Qaeda Central”), including Osama bin Laden and Ayman al Zawahiri, since January 2009. The translations were published online by the NEFA Foundation. Guantanamo is mentioned in only 3 of the 34 messages.

Guantanamo is mentioned a mere 7 times in the 34 messages we reviewed. (Again, all 7 of those references appear in just 3 of the 34 messages.)

By way of comparison, all of the following keywords are mentioned far more frequently: Israel/Israeli/Israelis (98 mentions), Jew/Jews (129), Zionist(s) (94), Palestine/Palestinian (200), Gaza (131), and Crusader(s) (322). (Note: Zionist is often paired with Crusader in al Qaeda’s rhetoric.)

Naturally, al Qaeda’s leaders also focus on the wars in Afghanistan (333 mentions) and Iraq (157). Pakistan (331),

seems like the basic fact of the matter is these douches are going to hate us no matter what...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Terrorist dont use gitmo as a big recruitment tool, 240
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
I have zero prob w gitmo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:10 PM »
Okay, let's get this straight.

Written essays from top members of the CFR - Americans who love the USA and spend their lives furthering american goals, say that the prison is definitely a recruiting tool:

John B. Bellinger III, Adjunct Senior Fellow for International and National Security Law, CFR; former legal adviser to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice

It has come to symbolize abuse of Muslim prisoners and serves as a powerful recruiting tool for al-Qaeda. It also undermines vital counterterrorism cooperation from our Western allies, who view the prison as inconsistent with their own and U.S. values. It has proved impossible to shake these unfair perceptions. It is unlikely that the United States will want to keep Guantanamo open for another fifty to sixty years (even if it holds some detainees that long), and President Obama should instead continue to press Congress and our allies to help close it in an orderly way.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/21247/should_guantanamo_bay_be_closed.html

HOWEVER,

A bunch of POS terrorists they interviewed said something different.

Soooooooooooo, let's ignore the shitload of American foreign policy experts who say it is being used as a recruiting tool.  Instead, let's listen into the phone calls of a handful of illiterate terrorists who have spent their lives hating israel.  Let's determine - since they bring up Israel more than they bring up the words "Gitmo", that all of the CFR experts are incorrect.

Yes.  Great idea!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 09:03:23 PM »
Condi Rice's right hand adviser doesn't know anything about terrorist motive.

However, a far-right US MEDIA PUBLICATION used select phone calls for keywords - THAT is where all the good analysis will come from.   

Sorry chaps, but I'm rolling with the CFR on this one.  They spend their lives studying these things and helping the US advance in the world.  Or, you have the jew-bashing phonetaps of some illiterate scumbag cave-dwelling terrorists - and you'd rather trust them?  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »
More people that believe GITMO is a terror recruiting tool....

So I'm guessing analysis of a few phone taps by an anti-obama Magazine is more accurate than the collective experience and knowledge of those in the top ranks of the CIA and FBI and NSA.  That's right - the MEDIA knows more about it than the entire US intelligence apparatus!!  holy crap, batman!!

"The result is a powerful recruitment tool for violent extremists ... and greater risk to the security of the Nation," argued experts from the top ranks of the CIA, FBI, NSA, National Security Council, Pentagon, Treasury and Justice Departments.

The ex-officials include Iraq WMD hunter David Kay, Bush's terror adviser Frank Cilluffo, CIA counterterror chief Paul Pillar, and CIA and FBI adviser John MacGaffin.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/01/28/2009-01-28_al_qaeda_suspect_held_in_us_for_7_years_.html#ixzz19TSpsEHE

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
Chief of the U.S. Military Admiral Mike Mullen and Sen Elect Rand Paul
More people who believe that GITMO is a recruiting tool.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2479203/posts

look, your article says it's not the #1 recruiting tool.  Okay, it may not be.  it might be #3 or #5, entirely possible.

But if it means ONE SINGLE ADDITIONAL dickhead decides to strap on a bomb and blow up our soldiers - then yes, it is a recruting tool.

Yes, they hate israel more than they hate gitmo.  They have to be able to hear about gitmo in the last 10 years, and most of these dopes have been told bad things about israel since birth.

SO yes - Gitmo might not be the TOP recruting tool - but the experts agree it's certainly one of the key recruting tools.  

you know my position, berserker, and it's probably more brutal than yours.  Announce we're releasing them all.  Then sink the boat.  Blame iran for sinking the boat.  Bomb iran.  two birds, one stone, baby.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
LMFAO melt down...

the analysis wasnt done by the weekly standard they just compiled the numbers is all...

facts are facts in only 3 or the 34 speeches and interviews of top al quida officials does gitmo come up...

sorry i see no facts from your side only opinions...

give me some facts please

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »
Gitmo is one of the recruiting tools used to get bad guys to blow themselves up.

True or false, tonymcninja?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »
look, your article says it's not the #1 recruiting tool.  Okay, it may not be.  it might be #3 or #5, entirely possible.

But if it means ONE SINGLE ADDITIONAL dickhead decides to strap on a bomb and blow up our soldiers - then yes, it is a recruting tool.

Yes, they hate israel more than they hate gitmo.  They have to be able to hear about gitmo in the last 10 years, and most of these dopes have been told bad things about israel since birth.

SO yes - Gitmo might not be the TOP recruting tool - but the experts agree it's certainly one of the key recruting tools.  

you know my position, berserker, and it's probably more brutal than yours.  Announce we're releasing them all.  Then sink the boat.  Blame iran for sinking the boat.  Bomb iran.  two birds, one stone, baby.
lol fact of the matter is even if we didnt have gitmo they would still hate us gitmo isnt making it any easier to recruit, I guess we should give in to all irans wants and cut all ties with isreal too?

those have a much more direct impact on recruitment according to the numbers than gitmo...

face it, gitmo plays a very minimal role in recruitment and plays a major role in obtaining intel and keeping would be terrorist and big time members of terrorist organizations out of the game...

if we closed it they would just use our jailing of these ppl as a horrible recruitment tool to replace gitmo

so lets just keep it open, ok  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:34:17 PM »
Gitmo is one of the recruiting tools used to get bad guys to blow themselves up.

True or false, tonymcninja?
the terrorist are going to hate us no matter what

if we moved them to a regular jail, the terrorist would use that as their last line of recruitment to replace gitmo

true or false, 240?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:38:01 PM »
LOL i scanned your cfr page, not one, not one single piece of evidence or incident that is linked to gitmo as a recruitment or any evidence to say that it is a major recruitment tool...

like i said you have any evidence?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
LOL i scanned your cfr page, not one, not one single piece of evidence or incident that is linked to gitmo as a recruitment or any evidence to say that it is a major recruitment tool...

like i said you have any evidence?

It is the opinions of the top FBI, CIA, NSA, and CFR officials that Gitmo is a recruiting tool.

So yes, I believe the word of the foremost experts in the world on this topic.  That's good enough for me - especially because most of the people quoted are military or republicans ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
the terrorist are going to hate us no matter what

if we moved them to a regular jail, the terrorist would use that as their last line of recruitment to replace gitmo

true or false, 240?
Bump

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
It is the opinions of the top FBI, CIA, NSA, and CFR officials that Gitmo is a recruiting tool.

So yes, I believe the word of the foremost experts in the world on this topic.  That's good enough for me - especially because most of the people quoted are military or republicans ;)

Hmmm...now those people and agencies are credible, but for 9/11 they're all a bunch of lying hacks.  Got it!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 06:49:05 AM »
Terrorists DO use Trump's speeches for recruitment tools, as Hilary predicted.

If two weeks ago I claimed it was currently raining when it was not, but today it does rain, does that make my original statement a prediction, one that was "right?" No, if you're honest about it. But maybe yes if you're ABC News, and instead of me talking about rain, it was Hillary Clinton talking about Donald Trump in ISIS recruitment videos. On today's Good Morning America, co-host Dan Harris suggested Hillary Clinton "may actually have been right" about Donald Trump turning up in ISIS videos. And during the subsequent segment, reporter Mary Bruce said Hillary "predicted" Trump "would...

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2016/01/02/abc-news-hillary-may-have-been-right%E2%80%94predicted-isis-would-use

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 07:21:32 AM »
I recall one of the biggest reasons of obama and 240 for wanting to close gitmo was that it was a big factor used to recruit new terrorists. As a matter of fact obama has stated that "Guantanamo is probably the number one recruitment tool that is used by these jihadist organizations."

that turns on to not be true...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gitmo-not-al-qaedas-number-one-recruitment-tool_524997.html

translations of 34 messages and interviews delivered by top al Qaeda leaders operating in Pakistan and Afghanistan (“Al Qaeda Central”), including Osama bin Laden and Ayman al Zawahiri, since January 2009. The translations were published online by the NEFA Foundation. Guantanamo is mentioned in only 3 of the 34 messages.

Guantanamo is mentioned a mere 7 times in the 34 messages we reviewed. (Again, all 7 of those references appear in just 3 of the 34 messages.)

By way of comparison, all of the following keywords are mentioned far more frequently: Israel/Israeli/Israelis (98 mentions), Jew/Jews (129), Zionist(s) (94), Palestine/Palestinian (200), Gaza (131), and Crusader(s) (322). (Note: Zionist is often paired with Crusader in al Qaeda’s rhetoric.)

Naturally, al Qaeda’s leaders also focus on the wars in Afghanistan (333 mentions) and Iraq (157). Pakistan (331),

seems like the basic fact of the matter is these douches are going to hate us no matter what...

It's nice of you to hold him in such high regard.