Author Topic: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great  (Read 16518 times)

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
Not Olympia but I don't know why this guy didn't go farther:  

I agree, he looks great.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
another victim of the blind judges on that day!!.. aron came in 12th after many guys who were clearly worse than him!!.. he should have been in the top 8 or 6!!..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2010, 11:38:43 PM »
another victim of the blind judges on that day!!.. aron came in 12th after many guys who were clearly worse than him!!.. he should have been in the top 8 or 6!!..

He's tenure with the WBF fucked him, like others.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »

That's Aaron Baker. So flaming, you get burnt if you go within 10 feet of him.

He enjoys long walks on the beach, and plowing men up the ass.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:28 AM »

crazy separation on that arm.. :o

johnny1

• Getbig IV
Re: 94 O
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2010, 02:32:49 AM »
He looked like a little boy next to Yates. Only pose he came close to beating Doz was in the FDB and that was in the prejudging. All other poses, Yates blew him and everyone else away, both in the prejudging as well as the finals, in which he looked a lot better.

And Shawn himself said he was happy with 2nd place after the contest, which is what he deserved, all said and done.
Shawn was 9/10 Excellent in his Presentation, his posing, stage presence, transitions were Excellent, for those that have been around awhile you would remember that shawns back was once seen as a WEAK POINT when he won the Nationals in 1987 his Conditioning in his Back was seen as something he REALLY needed to bring up if he was to do well in the Pro ranks...as can be seen here his Back was as GREAT as he was EVER going to get it........ :o :o :o

was shawn ever going to beat Yates?... ??? ??? ???....IMO his best chance was Here in 94 where Yates had the Freshly torn Bicep and a little water retention,  and in 1996 when Yates was somewhat Depleted, could he have Beaten Yates?....Probably not IMO 2 Completely Different Structures and the Bottom line Unfortunately For Shawn IMO was Like Haney before Yates They Just Flat-out DOMINATED him with there Massive Size, Presence,and given they both outweighed shawn by 40-50lbs there Conditioning was Outstanding given there size Difference next to him etc

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2010, 03:12:05 AM »
The real winner of the 1994 Olympia:

is there a special midget Mr O?

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:19 AM »
I honestly think Levrone shouldve won (not Yates' fault, but he couldnt train upper body for 6 weeks prior to the show)

oh sure, in one out of 20 poses all-arms-levrone looks better LOL

should have trained legs and backe not only 6weeks out (while yates wasn t able to train upper at all) ;)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:41 AM »

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 03:17:06 AM »

AB looked small and narrow next to almost all the other guys

don t just judge on those pics and belive for one second you know better than the judges as the other i-net pros do - it s not even funny

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »

don t just judge on those pics and belive for one second you know better than the judges as the other i-net pros do - it s not even funny

so according to you potrel cotrell looked big and wide next to almost all the other guys?!.. :-\

you are very funny :-X

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:27 AM »
so according to you potrel cotrell looked big and wide next to almost all the other guys?!.. :-\

you are very funny :-X

no - same as AB

(i wrote - almost...)

learn to read

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 03:50:08 AM »
Shawn was 9/10 Excellent in his Presentation, his posing, stage presence, transitions were Excellent, for those that have been around awhile you would remember that shawns back was once seen as a WEAK POINT when he won the Nationals in 1987 his Conditioning in his Back was seen as something he REALLY needed to bring up if he was to do well in the Pro ranks...as can be seen here his Back was as GREAT as he was EVER going to get it........ :o :o :o

was shawn ever going to beat Yates?... ??? ??? ???....IMO his best chance was Here in 94 where Yates had the Freshly torn Bicep and a little water retention,  and in 1996 when Yates was somewhat Depleted, could he have Beaten Yates?....Probably not IMO 2 Completely Different Structures and the Bottom line Unfortunately For Shawn IMO was Like Haney before Yates They Just Flat-out DOMINATED him with there Massive Size, Presence,and given they both outweighed shawn by 40-50lbs there Conditioning was Outstanding given there size Difference next to him etc

imo shawn deserved to beat  dorian in 1997 more than in 94 and 96!!.. in 94 and 96 i too still see dorian better than him but in 97 shawn and nasser and may be kevin too all were better than dorian!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 03:53:33 AM »
no - same as AB

(i wrote - almost...)

learn to read

what you wrote meant that aron didnt deserve a better position because he was small and narrow so i just gave you potrel cotrell as an example because he was smaller and narrower than aron and not as good shape wise but still came in 5th!!..

learn to have a point before posting any shit!!..

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »
i agree dorian dominated in 94,even with the torn bicep,96 was the closest ray,would ever be to dorian,only cause dorian was a little depleted.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 04:05:43 AM »
i agree dorian dominated in 94,even with the torn bicep,96 was the closest ray,would ever be to dorian,only cause dorian was a little depleted.

yes - dorian was great in 94, just the tan was off, but he had great mass and hardness

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 04:07:14 AM »
imo shawn deserved to beat  dorian in 1997 more than in 94 and 96!!.. in 94 and 96 i too still see dorian better than him but in 97 shawn and nasser and may be kevin too all were better than dorian!!..
1997 is the one Time the Title was there for the Taking..........it didnt happen, not for Shawn, Nasser, Kevin, Ronnie etc etc, Yes Dorian had the Badly torn Bicep, a Quad tear, Triceps tear in the FDB he looked Terrible....1 of the MANDATORY"S .............and he STILL WON his CONDITIONING @ 270lbs from both the Front and back was Very Good, Sherief i STILL dont buy into the Politics Issue however that's my opinion, the Judges made the call and History can not be changed.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 04:12:50 AM »
1997 is the one Time the Title was there for the Taking..........it didnt happen, not for Shawn, Nasser, Kevin, Ronnie etc etc, Yes Dorian had the Badly torn Bicep, a Quad tear, Triceps tear in the FDB he looked Terrible....1 of the MANDATORY"S .............and he STILL WON his CONDITIONING @ 270lbs from both the Front and back was Very Good, Sherief i STILL dont buy into the Politics Issue however that's my opinion, the Judges made the call and History can not be changed.

1997 was the only year of Yates' career where he looked bad.  He dominated all his other Olympia wins.

Shawn however looked great every year of his career.  '97 is the only year Shawn debatablely won.  Nasser and Levrone were smooth that year.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »

Levrone wins side chest pose in 94

Yates wins side chest in 1995

Shawn is winning the first shot.  :)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
He looked like a little boy next to Yates. Only pose he came close to beating Doz was in the FDB and that was in the prejudging. All other poses, Yates blew him and everyone else away, both in the prejudging as well as the finals, in which he looked a lot better.

And Shawn himself said he was happy with 2nd place after the contest, which is what he deserved, all said and done.

He looked like a little boy next to Yates in terms of size only...unfortunately that is what bodybuilding had become. Dorian won that year because judges were all for size and width and forgot about everything else that makes a complete bodybuilder.

In my opinion Shawn was the most complete bodybuilder in 94....physique, posing, presentation, everything. But bodybuilding had already become a mass game so...

I've read plenty of things Shawn said about this contest and believe me he was not happy about the outcome.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
He looked like a little boy next to Yates in terms of size only...unfortunately that is what bodybuilding had become. Dorian won that year because judges were all for size and width and forgot about everything else that makes a complete bodybuilder.

In my opinion Shawn was the most complete bodybuilder in 94....physique, posing, presentation, everything. But bodybuilding had already become a mass game so...

I've read plenty of things Shawn said about this contest and believe me he was not happy about the outcome.

Nope. Dorian had him beat on conditioning (maybe not during the prejudging, but definitely in the finals) and was just as good at posing and presentation, if not better than Shawn.

Shawn had a VERY weak FLS and RLS, both of which were Dorian's strong poses. Plus, he was narrow and had no thickness when seen from the side, which is the opposite of Dorian's case.

He didn't come anywhere near beating Dorian in that Olympia or any other. He had a slight advantage over Dorian in the FDB pose, but Dorian beat him by a much bigger margin in thickness and muscularity. Just because he was angry and outspoken about it (as were lots of others, like Paul Dillett) doesn't mean there was any truth to it.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2011, 06:09:25 AM »
oh sure, in one out of 20 poses all-arms-levrone looks better LOL

should have trained legs and backe not only 6weeks out (while yates wasn t able to train upper at all) ;)

levrone was about 12-15lbs lighter than Yates, and one inch shorter. So size wise, he was close to Dorian in 94.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »

levrone was about 12-15lbs lighter than Yates, and one inch shorter. So size wise, he was close to Dorian in 94.

The only time Levrone actually had the hard look Yates always had was in '92.  Too bad he had to play the size game.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »

Yeah, what's the criteria for being a judge anyway? Being some fag schmoe who is on the bankroll... ::)
Trans Milkshake.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
Nope. Dorian had him beat on conditioning (maybe not during the prejudging, but definitely in the finals) and was just as good at posing and presentation, if not better than Shawn.

Shawn had a VERY weak FLS and RLS, both of which were Dorian's strong poses. Plus, he was narrow and had no thickness when seen from the side, which is the opposite of Dorian's case.

He didn't come anywhere near beating Dorian in that Olympia or any other. He had a slight advantage over Dorian in the FDB pose, but Dorian beat him by a much bigger margin in thickness and muscularity. Just because he was angry and outspoken about it (as were lots of others, like Paul Dillett) doesn't mean there was any truth to it.

Come on bro, Dorian's posing was atrocious, unbelievably bad.

Shawn had a few weaker poses beyond question but so did Dorian. The issue of thickness is moot, Dorian was thick in all of the wrong places, bodybuilding should not be about rewarding blockyness.

The only clear flaw i can see with Shawn was his width (forgetting the fact that he was a midget)...
Trans Milkshake.