Author Topic: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great  (Read 16475 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: 94 O
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »

Come on bro, Dorian's posing was atrocious, unbelievably bad.

Shawn had a few weaker poses beyond question but so did Dorian. The issue of thickness is moot, Dorian was thick in all of the wrong places, bodybuilding should not be about rewarding blockyness.

The only clear flaw i can see with Shawn was his width (forgetting the fact that he was a midget)...
Dorians posing was bad?
LOL.
His routines may not have had a lot of artistic value, but Dorian was an EXCELLENT poser as far as actually hitting the poses correctly, and hiding his weakness.
Dorian was complete head to toe, thick as fuck back to front, his only weakness was his torn bi. You are the most biased poster Ive seen in quite a while, you come up with a lot of reasons to suit your argument that come out of no where.
There is a set judging criteria, believe it or not, and Dorian does match those better than shawn.
Muscular Bulk, Conditioning, Balance and propotion, posing.
Contrary to what all the Shawn nuthuggers like to say, Dorians balance and propotion is unmatched. No missing or overpowering bodyparts. Only flaw was his biceps. Thats it. And in the mandatory poses, (where his excellent posing showed), the ONLY pose he arguably lost is the FDB. Everyone else Dorian slaughtered.

FBD - Shawn
RDB - Dorian
RLS - Dorian
Side Tri- Dorian (one of the greatest ever)
Ab and Thigh (Dorian, superior width, thickness. His ab-thigh was epic)
Side Chest - Dorian (Shawn looked like a cardboard cutout when he turned sideways)
FLS - Dorian (best lat spread in history)

Unless you just hate Dorian from the get go, when you actually look at his mandatory poses, he was almost unmatched in his prime in EVERY mandatory except the FDB.
People always go on and on about the bodyparts. Bodyparts dont matter, its how the poses look, not "So and so has a better chest and arms so hes better".  ::)

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
Re: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
let's nasserise this thread ;D

"If this guy puts on more size, has a back transplant, puts the synth down AND matches my condition he may push me a little more!"

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
Re: 94 O
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
Dorians posing was bad?
LOL.
His routines may not have had a lot of artistic value, but Dorian was an EXCELLENT poser as far as actually hitting the poses correctly, and hiding his weakness.
Dorian was complete head to toe, thick as fuck back to front, his only weakness was his torn bi. You are the most biased poster Ive seen in quite a while, you come up with a lot of reasons to suit your argument that come out of no where.
There is a set judging criteria, believe it or not, and Dorian does match those better than shawn.
Muscular Bulk, Conditioning, Balance and propotion, posing.
Contrary to what all the Shawn nuthuggers like to say, Dorians balance and propotion is unmatched. No missing or overpowering bodyparts. Only flaw was his biceps. Thats it. And in the mandatory poses, (where his excellent posing showed), the ONLY pose he arguably lost is the FDB. Everyone else Dorian slaughtered.

FBD - Shawn
RDB - Dorian
RLS - Dorian
Side Tri- Dorian (one of the greatest ever)
Ab and Thigh (Dorian, superior width, thickness. His ab-thigh was epic)
Side Chest - Dorian (Shawn looked like a cardboard cutout when he turned sideways)
FLS - Dorian (best lat spread in history)

Unless you just hate Dorian from the get go, when you actually look at his mandatory poses, he was almost unmatched in his prime in EVERY mandatory except the FDB.
People always go on and on about the bodyparts. Bodyparts dont matter, its how the poses look, not "So and so has a better chest and arms so hes better".  ::)

Dorian was one of the worst posers ever. Completely mechanical, zero rythm, zero flow, he just looked awkward.

If you really think that Dorian had better balance or proportion than Shawn then so be it, i find it beyond implausible but each to their own. His biceps were terrible, his calves overpowered his quads, he had a very blocky waist, his gut was distended the majority of his career, lacked cuts in quads, chest was small relative to his size and so on. He had a lot more muscular bulk and generally edged conditioning i will concede.

Not a fan of his physique just as i'm not a fan of Ronnie's, they helped to derail the whole sport. Ideology is all wrong.

I know you are a massive fanboy and thats fine. Funny enough i have a lot of respect for him as a person, he was a guy that did things his own way and was a lot more grounded and intelligent than the majority of the other idiots of the time.
Trans Milkshake.

magicuser

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2011, 11:07:45 AM »

magicuser

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »
Was watching the 94 "O" and of course made me realize how Great the physiques of the 90's were. What a great lineup...

Wanted to post a few vids of my favorites that are never really talked about:

Therry Pastel - Best ABs ever...phenomenal arms as well

thierry quads n lates too big

Sonny Schmidt RIP

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »
Thierry had a pretty impressive track record for the most part

Grand Prix England - IFBB, 5th
Grand Prix France - IFBB, 5th
Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, 7th
Grand Prix Holland - IFBB, 8th
Grand Prix Spain (2) - IFBB, 7th
Grand Prix Spain - IFBB, 7th
Grand Prix Sweden - IFBB, 6th

Grand Prix France - IFBB, 3rd
Grand Prix Holland - IFBB, Winner
Night of Champions - IFBB, 9th

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 5th
Grand Prix Denmark - IFBB, 4th
Grand Prix England - IFBB, 6th
Grand Prix Finland - IFBB, 3rd
Grand Prix Italy - IFBB, 4th
Grand Prix Spain - IFBB, 4th
Grand Prix Switzerland - IFBB, 3rd
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 4th
Musclefest Grand Prix - IFBB, 2nd
Night of Champions - IFBB, 4th
Olympia - IFBB, 8th
Pittsburgh Pro Invitational - IFBB, 3rd

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 6th
Chicago Pro Invitational - IFBB, 2nd
Grand Prix England - IFBB, 6th
Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, 6th
Grand Prix Holland - IFBB, 3rd
Grand Prix Italy - IFBB, 6th
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 4th
Night of Champions - IFBB, 4th
Olympia - IFBB, 10th
Pittsburgh Pro Invitational - IFBB, 3rd

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 13th
Chicago Pro Invitational - IFBB, 11th
Grand Prix France (2) - IFBB, 2nd
Grand Prix France - IFBB, 6th
Grand Prix Germany - IFBB, 11th
Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB, 12th
Night of Champions - IFBB, Did not place
Pittsburgh Pro Invitational - IFBB, 10th

Arnold Classic - IFBB, 11th
Grand Prix France (2) - IFBB, 4th
Night of Champions - IFBB, 11th
Olympia - IFBB, 14th

Grand Prix Ukraine - IFBB, 6th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------