Author Topic: Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings.  (Read 574 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings, replaced by Mike Gallagher
N.Y. Daily News ^ | 1/4/11 | David Hinkley

________________________ ________________________ ____

Glenn Beck may be one of the hottest talk show hosts in the country, but he apparently left New York's WOR cold.

WOR (710 AM), one of the city's two biggest talk radio stations, said this morning it is dropping Beck's syndicated show as of Jan. 17 and replacing him with a familiar New York name: Mike Gallagher.

"The reason is ratings," said WOR program director Scott Lakefield. "Somewhat to our surprise, the show wasn't getting what we wanted."

Beck, whose style is sometimes off-center and who hosted a well-publicized national rally in D.C. last year, has been seen as one of the rising conservative radio and TV talk stars.

The trade magazine Talkers ranked him No. 3 on its "Heavy Hundred" list last year, trailing only Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Gallagher was a long-time host on WABC (770 AM) before he moved to national syndication several years ago. WOR general manager Jerry Crowley praised Gallagher as a New Yorker who will comment more on local issues than Beck.

Gallagher's show will originate part of the time from WOR's studios, the station said.

Gallagher said it's a privilege to join a station like WOR, and that he looks forward to increasing "ratings and revenue."

Gallagher's arrival will shift WOR morning host John Gambling's hours to 6-10 a.m., with Gallagher heard 10 a.m.-noon. Lakefield said the 5-6 a.m. hour will be announced shortly.

WOR's move is certain to trigger speculation about where Beck could land next in New York, since his syndicators at Premiere do not want to lose an outlet in this market.

WABC has no vacancies at the moment, having recently hired Joe Crummey for the 10 a.m.-noon slot. WNYM (970 AM) is also a possibility.

________________________ ________________________ _

I have to say, even though i usually listen to Beck, his show really has gone down hill the last year.   

Its turned into rambling religious crap vs the old style focus on issues and events. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Glenn Beck dropped by New York's WOR radio station over poor ratings.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
Its turned into rambling religious crap vs the old style focus on issues and events. 

Agreed.

Haven't there been reports that his health is bad, vision, etc... ???

The religion thing really does take away from what he does best.  Accuse presidents of racism.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
Agreed.

Haven't there been reports that his health is bad, vision, etc... ???

The religion thing really does take away from what he does best.  Accuse presidents of racism.

When did he call bush racist?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »
lol; two wheels off was one thing but he has driven his rig off the highway just too many times.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:25:18 PM »
His whole religious schtick sucks.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:18:53 AM »
I honestly havent listened to him in a long time. But that is only because in San Antonio he is only on for 2 of the 3 hours. So I just listen to the full 3 hours of Gallagher. I dont like changing the channel. And everytime I do tune into his show, he isnt there. It's his substitute host.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »
His whole religious schtick sucks.

again, we agree.
so early in the year!
Usually it only happens twice.
That was fast.
 ;D
w