Author Topic: bert b and robbie alomar are in .  (Read 995 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
bert b and robbie alomar are in .
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
bert blyleven and roberto alomar made the hall of fame. all steroid users and suspected users denied. mcgwire falling more pct points down.
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: bert b and robbie alomar are in .
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »
Tim Raines needs to be elected.
Y

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Agree. Alomar should have gone in last year. Bert, you could have made a strong case either way. Larkin will go in next year, it's a pretty weak field in 2012..I would have voted Alomar, Blyleven, Larkin, Raines, Bagwell, McGwire, Palmerio, and a toss up between Dale Murphy and Dave Parker.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »
I agree with you on the steroid guys.  They should get in, and let the masses judge them by the era they played.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
just wonder if it's the drug issue with raines. when asked why he slides headfirst raines once said i don't want to wreck the coke in my back pocket.
F

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
I agree with you on the steroid guys.  They should get in, and let the masses judge them by the era they played.
It cracks me up that some guys didn't vote for Bagwell because he might have done steroids. Guess what? Alomar played in the "steroid" era, Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Andre Dawson and others did too, but you voted them in. I heard a stat on Raines that he was on base more times than Tony Gwynn. Dave Parker is criminally underrated. If you let Rice, Cepeda, and Perez in, you should Parker in as well.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:39:21 AM »
It cracks me up that some guys didn't vote for Bagwell because he might have done steroids. Guess what? Alomar played in the "steroid" era, Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Andre Dawson and others did too, but you voted them in. I heard a stat on Raines that he was on base more times than Tony Gwynn. Dave Parker is criminally underrated. If you let Rice, Cepeda, and Perez in, you should Parker in as well.

Over time, I think they'll get in.  Good or bad, these guys had major influence on the history of the game.  McGwire/Sosa DEFINED baseball for awhile and brought it back from the scrap heap.   Bond's numbers were absolutely ridiculous, drugs or not.  Plus, a personal pet peeve of mine is that only the good players get vilified, while crap players who used PEDs like Randy Velarde, Benito Santiago, etc. all skate.

Recent inductions to the HoF like Rice, Puckett etc. have really dumbed it down.  I'm not saying they were not great players, but the Hall to me is for the very best, and they were not.  Your point is correct, if they're in, why not Parker, etc..
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
Over time, I think they'll get in.  Good or bad, these guys had major influence on the history of the game.  McGwire/Sosa DEFINED baseball for awhile and brought it back from the scrap heap.   Bond's numbers were absolutely ridiculous, drugs or not.  Plus, a personal pet peeve of mine is that only the good players get vilified, while crap players who used PEDs like Randy Velarde, Benito Santiago, etc. all skate.

Recent inductions to the HoF like Rice, Puckett etc. have really dumbed it down.  I'm not saying they were not great players, but the Hall to me is for the very best, and they were not.  Your point is correct, if they're in, why not Parker, etc..
on puckett his career was cut short that was part of the consideration in his case. career similar to donny baseball who also was diminished due to back issues.but puckett's problem was going blind.
F