Author Topic: Paul Orndorff has cancer!  (Read 1787 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Paul Orndorff has cancer!
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:41:53 AM »
Former WWE and WCW star Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed this afternoon on the SIRIUS pro wrestling talk show Busted Open that he has cancer.
Program host Reby Sky disclosed the news on her Twitter account, writing:

"Orndorff: "I wasn't a very good politican. I wonder if I should have played the game" in reference to money & Vince McMahon... after revealing he just found out he has cancer. This is almost too intense; studio on the verge of tears here."

Didn't say what type of cancer but hoping Paul has a full recovery.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Paul Orndorff has cancer!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:35:30 AM »
Former WWE and WCW star Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed this afternoon on the SIRIUS pro wrestling talk show Busted Open that he has cancer.
Program host Reby Sky disclosed the news on her Twitter account, writing:

"Orndorff: "I wasn't a very good politican. I wonder if I should have played the game" in reference to money & Vince McMahon... after revealing he just found out he has cancer. This is almost too intense; studio on the verge of tears here."

Didn't say what type of cancer but hoping Paul has a full recovery.
More on this story....

As noted earlier here on the website, Paul Orndorff announced on The Busted Open radio show that he’d just been diagnosed with cancer.

Orndorff was asked about never being WWF Champion, responding, “I was a rebel. I’m proud and I’m not proud of that. I let my work do my talking. I wasn’t a very good politician. I said what I thought. I did what I thought was right for me and my family. Were they the right thing? I don’t know. Were they the wrong thing? I don’t know. Am I rich? Hell no. I have cancer right now. I wished I had saved some of my money…but that’s just the way it is.”

When asked to elaborate, Orndorff said, “I don’t know, I’m going to the doctors and they’re doing things and I brought that up not for sympathy but because I don’t want it. I just found out. And I’m sitting here telling you all this stuff because I wonder if maybe I should have just played the game.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:34:15 AM »
Always thought Orndorff was a way under-rated guy.  Hope they caught the cancer early enough.......thoughts and prayers for him and his familly.

i have a really cool Orndorff story.  When i was very young he and Snuka had just come to the Mid-Atlantic area as a tagteam.  they eventually won the NWA tag titles, here, but this was before that.  Both were on a card in my hometown, but wrestling singles.  Both were faces.  During Snuka's match i was sitting on the very end of some basketball bleachers.  I looked over and Orndorff was standing beside me.  He leaned up on the end of the bleachers and just started talking to me.....i was shaking i was so excited...haha.  He was soooo nice and asked me if I liked Snuka and other things about the match.  I was so stunned, who knows what I said, but he stayed there talking to me for the entire match.  And then the next day at school I had some kids who saw me at the matches ask me if he was my father.   A corny story, I know, but to a young fan it was just amazing and something i feel bad for youngs fans today as they will never get that type of experieince.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:09:23 AM »
That's a great story!
It's also sad in a way, though, because it serves as a reminder that that era of wrestling (and maybe society, in general) is lost forever.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »
That's a great story!
It's also sad in a way, though, because it serves as a reminder that that era of wrestling (and maybe society, in general) is lost forever.

I totally agree.  My nephews watch wrestling to an extent, but their experiences are so different from what my brothers and I had.  Innocence is being lost at FAR too young of an age in the modern world.  Very sad.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 07:22:04 AM »
Always thought Orndorff was a way under-rated guy.  Hope they caught the cancer early enough.......thoughts and prayers for him and his familly.

i have a really cool Orndorff story.  When i was very young he and Snuka had just come to the Mid-Atlantic area as a tagteam.  they eventually won the NWA tag titles, here, but this was before that.  Both were on a card in my hometown, but wrestling singles.  Both were faces.  During Snuka's match i was sitting on the very end of some basketball bleachers.  I looked over and Orndorff was standing beside me.  He leaned up on the end of the bleachers and just started talking to me.....i was shaking i was so excited...haha.  He was soooo nice and asked me if I liked Snuka and other things about the match.  I was so stunned, who knows what I said, but he stayed there talking to me for the entire match.  And then the next day at school I had some kids who saw me at the matches ask me if he was my father.   A corny story, I know, but to a young fan it was just amazing and something i feel bad for youngs fans today as they will never get that type of experieince.
Nice! First time I saw Paul was when he wrestled Hogan in 1986 at our CNE outdoor arena in front of 68,000 strong. It was my first wrestling card and I was in awe of how huge and ripped Orndorff was. Just eyeboggling.