Author Topic: If you could live anywhere...where would it be?  (Read 16801 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: If you could live anywhere...where would it be?
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
Argentina or Uruguay

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2011, 12:49:27 PM »
and spain

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
When you look at how many people the US has and how many the Netherlands has, that's a pretty disturbingly high rate for them...point is, there is no Utopia, and if one found it---a normal person could not exist there.

For instance, I like a quiet, grassy place. Like the Southern US, time goes by slowly there, it's not fast paced at all, those from the city hate that, because they are used to a faster pace of life---going nowhere fast, which one of the reasons why New Yorkers tend to be most neurotic people of all.
A place that has a good mix of fast and slow and trees and other fauna is probably the best place to live. After all, drugs are merely a tool for escapism, non-reality is more attractive than reality---and the stresses within...ask the hookers in Amsterdam would they rather live there, or a place where they don't have to sell their cooter. We should take things from all perspectives

Netherlands is honestly that kind of place and so is most of north Europe too, but like you know there are many many things to consider and i wasn't necessarily speaking about Amsterdam, but Netherlands in general. I know i can be happy in many places, but somewhere where nothing ever happens gets real boring real fast, I've lived in the city for my whole life and when I've had enough i go visit relatives in the country side, but Netherlands seems to be the best place pros and cons FOR ME. Like I've said I've been to SO many places around the world (couldn't even remember all of them right off the bat), but whether it's Thailand, Spain, Greece, Sweden, Estonia, Portugal etc. they haven't left me feeling so mentally well. + in most of those places drugs are a bigger problem and hooker's worse, so even your point remains somewhat valid i found it to be untrue...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:07 PM »
have you been to Albany ?

stop complaing

there is like three major gay bars within a half mile radius in Downtown albany

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
LMAO. Phoenix is nothing special.

Arizona has some nice parts, but Phoenix is a sprawling mess.

As far as the USA goes, the West Coast is best.

I live in Scottsdale, great town.....It's a beautiful area and there is plenty to do, day or night. The people there are a cut above your typical Phonetician as well  .....but you are poor and shitty so you probably didn't spend too much time there. They would think you are an asshole, and they would be correct

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
stop complaing

the only 1 i know about is Oh Bar

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »
stop complaing

Hey Sal......I wouldn't know if there was a gay bar around the corner from my house.

Just sayin  :D ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
Hey Sal......I wouldn't know if there was a gay bar around the corner from my house.

Just sayin  :D ;D

well, when you look like me everyone tends to tell you where all the gay hot spots are

which is good to know cuz i know if i get really broke I know where I can get a job as a shot boy or some shit

oh, and i'm not saying that as a joke either- if I get broke enough I'll pull a "derek anthony"...

GWAR

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
I live in Scottsdale, great town.....It's a beautiful area and there is plenty to do, day or night. The people there are a cut above your typical Phonetician as well  .....but you are poor and shitty so you probably didn't spend too much time there. They would think you are an asshole, and they would be correct
;D

Robgun1

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
America! Because It's the Land of the free and the home of the brave  ;D

You live in OZ now, correct?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
have you been to Albany ?
No what is that like?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2011, 02:43:21 PM »
No what is that like?
yesterday, we had 6 inches of snow, now it is freezing and tomorrow it will be cold and gray. albany is mostly poor african americans now.  anybody with resources lives in the burbs.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »
yesterday, we had 6 inches of snow, now it is freezing and tomorrow it will be cold and gray. albany is mostly poor african americans now.  anybody with resources lives in the burbs.
Sounds rough bro time to move south.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »

whatever....crossgates makes up for all of that

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
Sounds rough bro time to move south.
i'm lucky in that i travel alot or i would consider moving out

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »
Netherlands is honestly that kind of place and so is most of north Europe too, but like you know there are many many things to consider and i wasn't necessarily speaking about Amsterdam, but Netherlands in general. I know i can be happy in many places, but somewhere where nothing ever happens gets real boring real fast, I've lived in the city for my whole life and when I've had enough i go visit relatives in the country side, but Netherlands seems to be the best place pros and cons FOR ME. Like I've said I've been to SO many places around the world (couldn't even remember all of them right off the bat), but whether it's Thailand, Spain, Greece, Sweden, Estonia, Portugal etc. they haven't left me feeling so mentally well. + in most of those places drugs are a bigger problem and hooker's worse, so even your point remains somewhat valid i found it to be untrue...
So, where would live, I'm talking about settling down and raising kids...and having a job? out of all the places
It's per 100 000 people per year, so no it is not a disturbingly high rate, and less than the US. Some faulty logic there bro ???
Just because weed is legal there doesn't mean its drug mayhem, in fact less people smoke there than in Norway for example, and not many people who do shrooms either. Hookers are pretty much everywhere in the world, and legalization is just 100 times better, your points are ridiculous tbh.

If a places has 3 million vs a places that has 300 mil, then the place with the lesser pop. really has the higher incidents.

Whether legalized or not, you didn't catch my point---the main reason why women are hookers are to either support themselves (family) or to spport a habit, prostitution is a woman's "hustle", just like drug dealing is a man's "hustle". Personally i think it should be legal no matter where you are, but in a extreme moralistic country like the US, you have the bible thumpers claiming that it breaks up families, etc....

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »
So, where would live, I'm talking about settling down and raising kids...and having a job? out of all the places

Yes.
If i met a good woman there and would get a decent job i would easily settle down in Netherlands (seems like dream), not necessarily in Amsterdam, even though that might be a real option. Honestly it's not the doomsday city people make it out to be. (Mostly the ones who haven't been there). Yes you can be high all day every day and fuck hookers if you choose to, but you can do that ANYWHERE.

Whether legalized or not, you didn't catch my point---the main reason why women are hookers are to either support themselves (family) or to spport a habit, prostitution is a woman's "hustle", just like drug dealing is a man's "hustle". Personally i think it should be legal no matter where you are, but in a extreme moralistic country like the US, you have the bible thumpers claiming that it breaks up families, etc....

I got your point.
I know that some or even most do it to support their families or to get money for drugs, etc. But there are also many that do it, because they CHOOSE to, weird as it sounds. When i was a bouncer i talked to some prostitutes and most weren't fucked up, most were like regular women... And in many ways they are regular women. Fact remains that if you are going to be a prostitute the Netherlands is hands down the "best" place for it. The girls are protected, they pay taxes, they get regular check ups and they even have a place in the Dutch Parliament. In many ways they are safer than some construction workers, for example. Prostitution can bring problems, but if some country has made it work, it's Netherlands. Of course no one should be forced to do anything they don't want, but the prostitutes i have spoken with in my time seemed quite content and at least at the moment when i spoke with them they weren't high. Also there's a MASSIVE difference in some runaway kid on smack living in the street's of Detroit than some ADULT woman doing it as "regular" job.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
Lol, I stay outside of Seattle. And yes, it's raining today. Or drizzling I should say. And the suicide rate keeps the population at a manageable number... ;D

Seriously though, the Pacific Northwest is a great place to be in general. The summers are fantastic. And this is definitely one of the most beautiful places on the planet for sure! Plenty of good looking women as well... :)

no doubt a unique part of the world up there...I look forward to hittin Seattle soon along with the surrounding areas..wouldn't mind takin the top off my jeep wrangler dropping a hit of acid and hitting the countryside up there one summer :D
DAWG

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2011, 06:09:20 PM »
 If money, a visa, and a job was not an issue. I'd live in:

A SoCal beach town.
 Colombia.
 Peru.
 Thailand in a smaller city.
 Small town in Northern India.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
Not when the 300mil place has a higher percentage/suicide RATE, sorry that is just wrong.
nope...it depends on high that rate is...a country with 300 mil has more people to drop, than a person with 3 mil, think f it as a war of attrition, who would run out of people first? Even if the rate of attrition is slightly higher for the 300 mil pop

If money, a visa, and a job was not an issue. I'd live in:

A SoCal beach town.
 Colombia.
 Peru.
 Thailand in a smaller city.
 Small town in Northern India.

If by those standards you gave...
Somewhere in the Rockies, or Appalachians, or the Swiss Alps---gotta mind the earth changes

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
nope...it depends on high that rate is...a country with 300 mil has more people to drop, than a person with 3 mil, think f it as a war of attrition, who would run out of people first? Even if the rate of attrition is slightly higher for the 300 mil pop

If by those standards you gave...
Somewhere in the Rockies, or Appalachians, or the Swiss Alps---gotta mind the earth changes

I already lived in the Rocky Mountains. It was alright but I didn't like it a whole lot. I've never thought about going back there, that's for sure.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24:37 PM »
mexico....or colombia...

bench

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:57 PM »
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
It does not mean you are more likely to be suicidal in the Netherlands. Sorry but that is wrong. A war scenario has nothing to do with it.
a death is a death, look not at the term war, but of "attrition". but I will say this, the suicide rate is higher in Washington State than in a state or country with the same number of people. Now what does that tell us? Well, you have to look at the environment as well. Places with heavy rain or snow have higher rates of suicide than places that are sunny. Places that have high drug usage have higher rates of suicide---people tend to use drugs to get away from stress, usually they have have stressful childhoods---their environment is fuck up---a happy environment and sunny climate would have less stressful factors, less durg usage and less suicides.  

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »
Why?
because they are awesome.....and you can do whatever the fuck you want...

bench