Author Topic: Congratulations, congressman-elect Lt. Col. Allen West.  (Read 2246 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Congratulations, congressman-elect Lt. Col. Allen West.
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »
Allen West lands a seat on Armed Services
The incoming congressman and retired lieutenant colonel has been appointed to the House Armed Services Committee, as well as the Small Business Committee.

"Congressman-elect West brings a lifetime of military experience to the committee,'' said incoming committee chair Rep. Buck McKeon. "His experience leading troops on the battlefield will benefit the committee, and the men and women of our Armed Forces, as we address the vital national security and defense issues of our nation."

West spent 22 years in the Army, including two tours in Iraq. He retired from the Army in 2004 with an honorable discharge after a 2003 incident in which he fired his gun near a suspect being questioned as West tried to obtain information about a planned attack on U.S. troops. He's said he did what he needed to protect his men and campaigned with various veterans groups during the campaign.

West said he was pleased to land on committees "important to the constituents of the 22nd District of Florida: "Protecting our troops and supporting America's small businesses are two of the most important objectives this Congress faces today," West said. "I believe my real life experiences in the military and representing a district built on the foundation of small businesses in South Florida, will provide me insight in these committees on Capitol Hill."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2010/12/allen-west-lands-a-seat-on-armed-services-.html#ixzz1AIS9BXo4

Every clip I've seen of this guy has been filled with nothing but intelligent and articulate speeches, WITHOUT the teleprompter the moron in the WH is so fond of. Very bright man with big things in his future.

Come at him, far-left scum.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Congratulations, congressman-elect Lt. Col. Allen West.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »
West spent 22 years in the Army, including two tours in Iraq. He retired from the Army in 2004 with an honorable discharge after a 2003 incident in which he fired his gun near a suspect being questioned as West tried to obtain information about a planned attack on U.S. troops. He's said he did what he needed to protect his men and campaigned with various veterans groups during the campaign.

________________________ ________________________ _-

Another fine soldier forced out of the military.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »

________________________ ________________________ _-

Another fine soldier forced out of the military.

Not surprising. Maybe for the better, though, as this guy can is definitely going to climb the ranks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
I've seen a couple of his interviews.  I like what I've heard.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »
I had never heard of this guy, and he's from my state.  I gotta read up on him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 06:49:49 PM »
didn't this guy claim he had a higher security clearance that the POTUS

I think he said a lot of other crazy shit on the campaign trail too

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:15 AM »
didn't this guy claim he had a higher security clearance that the POTUS

Yeah, which was foolish, but the good outweighs the bad with the guy.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »
Rep. Allen West decries ‘opportunism’ in wake of Arizona shooting; has no plans to change rhetoric

by George Bennett | January 11th, 2011

West
U.S. Rep. Allen West, R-Plantation, this morning criticized “political opportunism” in the wake of Saturday’s shooting of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and said he has no plans to tone down his own “stronger language.”

Within hours of the shooting that killed six and critically injured Giffords, some commentators placed the massacre in the context of the nation’s heated political climate and blamed the tea party movement, Sarah Palin and other conservatives although no public evidence has suggested accused gunman Jared Lee Loughner was associated with or sympathetic to any of them. Some critics pointed to West’s own words — such as saying citizens must be “well-informed and well-armed because this government that we have now is a tyrannical government” — as contributing to that climate.

West has rejected such criticism and accused those making it of trying to score political points.

“One of the concerns I do have is the political opportunism that has come out of this. That’s kind of deplorable and unconscionable what some people are doing. This is not the time to start looking for grandstanding and things of that nature,” West said on his way into a West Boca Chamber of Commerce breakfast at Boca Lago Country Club.

Asked if he had any regrets about his choice of words in the past, West said, “No I don’t, because I think when you look at the president saying don’t bring a knife to a gun fight and the fact that the president talked about if the Republicans were to win in the midterms we’re going to have hand-to-hand combat.”

He also said a blogger in Broward County had once said West should be skinned alive, so “I think there are some things that both sides need to be concerned about.”

West, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, has said his references to “bayonets” and military imagery are metaphorical — and he has no plans to stop using them.

“Now that I’ve been sworn into Congress I’m still the type of person that, if there are means by which I can inspire people, I will use historical references and metaphors, which is what I have done. But my background is, I am a tough guy and in tough times we have to use a little bit of stronger language when you start talking about the future legacy of my country,” West said.

“Look, I’m not anyone that anyone should be concerned about. I’m just an everyday guy.”

West told the breakfast that he’ll consider greater security at meetings with constituents, but “we cannot allow those events (in Arizona) to separate us from our constituents…..It’s not so much about my protection. It’s about your protection. I want to make sure that you can come out in a free and safe environment.”

West told reporters that he has a concealed weapons permit “and so when it’s appropriate I make sure that I take the necessary precautions. I’m not so much worried about my own protection, I’m worried about the protection of the constituents.”

West said he wasn’t armed at today’s event. At least two of West’s colleagues — Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and Heath Shuler, D-N.C. — have said they’ll consider arming themselves at constituent events.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2011/01/rep-allen-west-decries-opportunism-in-wake-of-arizona-shooting-has-no-plans-to-change-rhetoric/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »
Good Idea

Double Down

That's what Colber recommended

btw this one is good (Beck has a gem @ ~ the 4 minute mark)

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/370861/january-12-2011/the-word---life--liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-angriness?xrs=share_copy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
The far left HATES anyone that fights back and calls them out on their lies.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 12:53:32 PM »
The far left HATES anyone that fights back and calls them out on their lies.   

they do?

well least you don't hate anyone, especially not irrationally

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
they do?

well least you don't hate anyone, especially not irrationally

I loathe what the far left an left wing in general represents and stands for.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
I loathe what the far left an left wing in general represents and stands for.   

you do??