Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event  (Read 38460 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »

Oh yeah!! and where most of people gets their guns from? from their homes.

You know stupid parents or stupid fucks like you.

And just because is easy... do you really need to make it easier?

LMAO, you really have no clue bro...just b/c something is illegal doesnt mean it isnt readily available  ::)

drugs are illegal here in the US but I bet I could score some in less than 30 mins...

guns are illegal in japan but they have them

same with england...

educate yourself before you spout off

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »
Your own country contradicts your stupid fucking statements, Gracie.

"Although Brazil has 100 million fewer citizens than the United States, and more restrictive gun laws, there are 50% more gun deaths;[6] other sources indicate that homicide rates due to guns are approximately four times higher than the rate in the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Brazil

Nice work. So either restrictive gun laws are dumb or the average Brazilian is just stupider and more prone to gun violence than your average American.

Thanks for playing.
lol
educate yourself before you spout off

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2011, 10:35:45 AM »
I've never heard of armed gangs setting up road blocks on highways and then proceeding to rob every car on it at gunpoint here. Yet it's all too common in Brazil. Funny how mad you're getting now that I've pointed out that you're a hypocritical fucktard who lives in a dump of country.

America also doesn't have gigantic favelas where gangs rule over millions of people. Those favelas are pretty much autonomous city-states operating under their own rules within Brazil. Good government you've got there. ::)

And the average American doesn't have bullet-proof and bomb-proof cars. Why? Because we're not as backwards as Brazil, land of the corrupt is.  ;)

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Basically what im saying is ...poor people don't rob other people in America right? even the rich ones does. lol

Oh!! you don"t have favelas in America? oh! yeah they live in the projects and park trailers.

And who told you that the average Brazilian has a bullet-proof car?

Educate yourself dude.

By the way im not mad at all... you don't know me.
Gracie Rules

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

Basically what im saying is ...poor people don't rob other people in America right? even the rich ones does. lol

Oh!! you don"t have favelas in America? oh! yeah they live in the projects and park trailers.

And who told you that the average Brazilian has a bullet-proof car?

Educate yourself dude.

By the way im not mad at all... you don't know me.
no what youre saying is that you think gun control would change that and it wouldnt  ::)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2011, 10:39:42 AM »
Your own country contradicts your stupid fucking statements, Gracie.

"Although Brazil has 100 million fewer citizens than the United States, and more restrictive gun laws, there are 50% more gun deaths;[6] other sources indicate that homicide rates due to guns are approximately four times higher than the rate in the United States."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Brazil

Nice work. So either restrictive gun laws are dumb or the average Brazilian is just stupider and more prone to gun violence than your average American.

Thanks for playing.

Please show me the number of deaths like the one in Arizona.

Gracie Rules

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »

Please show me the number of deaths like the one in Arizona.

Don't bother trying to change your argument now.

But since you asked.

"Pedro Alcantara de Souza (d. 1st April 2010) was a Brazilian land reform activist operating in the state of Pará.[1] He was shot dead on April 1st, 2010.[1] Souza was a farmers' union president, and city councilor of Redenção. In 2008, 20 killings have been relate to land issues in the Amazon.[1]
De Souza was shot in the head five times by two men on motorcycles while he was riding his bicycle on the outskirts of the town of Belem.[2] The assassination occurred shortly after the trial of a man accused of masterminding the killing of another rain forest activist in 2005. The activist Dorothy Stang was an American nun was shot and killed in 2005.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Alcantara_de_Souza

"Celso Augusto Daniel (April 16, 1951- January 2002) was the mayor in 2002 for the third time (72% of votes) of the city of Santo André in São Paulo, Brazil, as a representative of the Workers' Party (PT). He was kidnapped and assassinated in the same year.

Celso Daniel was kidnapped on January 18, 2002 while leaving a restaurant late at night in the neighborhood of Jardins, in São Paulo. He left the restaurant in an armoured Pajero driven by his former body-guard Sérgio Gomes da Silva, nicknamed Sombra ("Shadow"). The car was followed by kidnappers in other cars, and near the number 393 of Rua Antônio Bezerra, in the neighborhood of Sacomã, the cars managed to block their path. Shots were fired against the tires and the glasses; Da Silva, who was the driver, said that at that moment the brakes and the transmission didn't work. According to him, the armed criminals opened the door of the car, grabbed the mayor and took him away, while he stayed in the area and remained unscathed.[citation needed]

On the morning of Sunday January 20, the body of Celso Daniel, with 11 gunshot wounds, was found in the Estrada das Cachoeiras in the neighborhood of Carmo in the city of Juquitiba, along the Régis Bittencourt Highway (BR-116)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celso_Daniel

If I didn't know any better, I'd say Brazil sounds like a lot Mexico right now.  :-X

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself. You are looking pretty stupid right now.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
Don't bother trying to change your argument now.

But since you asked.

"Pedro Alcantara de Souza (d. 1st April 2010) was a Brazilian land reform activist operating in the state of Pará.[1] He was shot dead on April 1st, 2010.[1] Souza was a farmers' union president, and city councilor of Redenção. In 2008, 20 killings have been relate to land issues in the Amazon.[1]
De Souza was shot in the head five times by two men on motorcycles while he was riding his bicycle on the outskirts of the town of Belem.[2] The assassination occurred shortly after the trial of a man accused of masterminding the killing of another rain forest activist in 2005. The activist Dorothy Stang was an American nun was shot and killed in 2005.[3]"

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself. You are looking pretty stupid right now.

I'm not changing the argument.

But do you mind to answer the question.

Please show me the number of deaths like the one in Arizona?

That's it  2 cases? lol that shit happens everyday in America.

Be careful you are about to get raped dude.

Gracie Rules

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

That's it  2 cases? lol that shit happens everyday in America.

Two? No. I stopped at two because I'm not going to waste time digging up the list of murdered Brazilian politicians. My point has already been proven in this thread and yours has already been refuted.

And major politicians are shot in the head every day in America? Shut up already, retard.

Fact is that Brazil has more restrictive gun laws in America, 100 million less people than American and yet they have more murders committed by gun than America. Again, thanks for playing.

Serious question, though. Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself on this board? Every topic you pop up in usually leads to you looking like an uneducated dipshit macaco.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:58 AM »

That's it  2 cases? lol that shit happens everyday in America.

from the wiki link

Some 39,000 people died in 2003 due to gun-related injuries nationwide.[2] In 2004, the number was 36,000.[1] Although Brazil has 100 million fewer citizens than the United States, and more restrictive gun laws, there are 50% more gun deaths;[6]

so you have 100 million less ppl than the US and have 50% more gun deaths with stricter laws...

::)

again educate yourself before you spout off

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
from the wiki link

Some 39,000 people died in 2003 due to gun-related injuries nationwide.[2] In 2004, the number was 36,000.[1] Although Brazil has 100 million fewer citizens than the United States, and more restrictive gun laws, there are 50% more gun deaths;[6]

so you have 100 million less ppl than the US and have 50% more gun deaths with stricter laws...

::)

again educate yourself before you spout off

But apparently American politicians are shot in the head at point blank range every day now! Watch out tony, you might get raped (something else that's also much more common in Brazil than here ;) ).

Purge_WTF

« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2011, 11:13:52 AM »
  I think it's safe to say that the half-term half-wit's presidential hopes have been dashed.

Keep the Congresswoman and the other victims in your prayers, for those who are inclined.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
But apparently American politicians are shot in the head at point blank range every day now! Watch out tony, you might get raped (something else that's also much more common in Brazil than here ;) ).

Well!! since you like wiki... check this out.

By the way i knew about a couple... but i didn't know it was so many attempts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots

Lincoln and Kennedy shot in the head America's favorite way to do it i guess ;D... wow!! the irony. lmfao

Have a nice day... sorry i have more important things to do... i need to take a shit.
Gracie Rules

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

Well!! since you like wiki... check this out.

By the way i knew about a couple... but i didn't know it was so many attempts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots

Lincoln and Kennedy shot in the head... wow!! the irony. lmfao
LMFAO so you cite 2 assasinations one from over a century ago and one from decades ago to back up your claim that this happens every day?

hahahaha

how about you address the fact that you have stricter gun laws, less ppl but more gun violence than the US?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
LMFAO so you cite 2 assasinations one from over a century ago and one from decades ago to back up your claim that this happens every day?

hahahaha

how about you address the fact that you have stricter gun laws, less ppl but more gun violence than the US?

dont try and argue with him...he comes from a sub par culture...

bench

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
Or venezuela for that matter.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #290 on: January 09, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: January 09, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
Arizona massacre suspect: 'I planned ahead'
CNN ^ | January 9, 2011 | CNN Wire Staff

CNN) -- The suspect in the weekend massacre in Arizona scrawled "my assassination" and "I planned ahead" on an envelope found in his home, according to court documents released Sunday.

The details were part of criminal complaint filed against 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner, the Tucson man now charged in Saturday's bloodbath at a supermarket where U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was hosting an open house for constituents. Investigators found a letter from the congresswoman in a safe at the house where Loughner lived with his parents, thanking him for attending a similar 2007 event, a federal agent's affidavit states.

"Also recovered in the safe was an envelope with handwriting on the envelope stating 'I planned ahead,' and 'my assassination' and the name 'Giffords,' along with what appears to be Loughner's signature," the affidavit states.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »
The unseemly rush to blame Sarah Palin, the Tea Party and Republicans for murder in Arizona
Daily Telegraph ^ | January 9, 2011 | Toby Harnden

Paul Krugman of the “New York Times” suggests darkly that Giffords was shot because she was “a Democrat who survived what was otherwise a GOP sweep in Arizona” and “violent acts are what happen when you create a climate of hate” (those reponsible for such a climate being, of course, Republicans).

[snip]

Jane Fonda pins it on Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and the Tea Party.

Even the local sheriff (a Democrat) has been getting in on the act. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik (a Democrat) said:

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

[snip]

what are the facts we know so far? From what we know about Loughner, he was a deeply disturbed young man who railed about literacy rates, spoke of flag burning and creating a new currency.

Former classmates talk of “nonsensical outbursts” and a person “on his own planet”. ....My colleague Jon Swaine has a summary here of the raving of a person who most people would judge to be a complete nutcase even if he hadn’t gone out and shot people.

Oh, and another former classmate said he was “left wing, quite liberal”. .................

[snip]

This is highly inconvenient for certain people on the Left so they ignore it. They would much prefer the shooter to have been a white male in his 50s, the description the sheriff gave of a second person of interest (we’ll see if such a person materialises) but they’ll still try to make hay with a weirdo like Loughner.

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.telegraph.co.uk ...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #293 on: January 09, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
386, I just think you should leave it alone.

David Gergen wrote a piece about this on CNN.com - stop with the fingerpointing that contributes to a toxic political climate.

I just know I ain't gonna be part of it for awhile at least.

Hopefully things will get back to normal as soon as possible.

And of course, Giffords recovers as well as she can.
As empty as paradise

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »

David Gergen wrote a piece about this on CNN.com - stop with the fingerpointing that contributes to a toxic political climate.

in that article did he mention examples?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »
Hedge - honestly - I had to shut off the TV because of how bad the coverage has been - with all these outlets speaking in almost unison blaming palin and the tea party.  Never have I seen such obvious brainwashing in as long as I can remember.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: January 09, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »

I think i found it, thats the first article from a main stream media that didnt mention palin...

thats a good article

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
Profile of suspect Jared Loughner: ‘I can't trust the current government’
MSNBC ^ | Jan. 8, 2011

"I can't trust the current government," and "I'm a sleepwalker," Jared Lee Loughner proclaimed in an Internet video before the shooting of a federal judge, congresswoman and others...

His rambling videos had already caused him trouble at school, scaring his community college into suspending him in September.

SNIP

Pima Community College...issued a statement identifying Loughner as the suspect. It said he was...suspended Sept. 29 for conduct violations. It said he agreed to withdrew from the college on Oct. 4.

...Loughner had five contacts with college police for disrupting classrooms and the library. It said he was prohibited from returning to the college.

SNIP

And The Republic reports that in mid-December, about the same time as the videos were posted, Loughner posted:

"WOW! I’m glad i didn’t kill myself. I’ll see you on National T.v.! This is foreshadow .... why doesn’t anyone talk to me?.."

and

"I don’t feel good: I’m ready to kill a police officer! I can say it."

In a profile online, he listed his favorite books: "Animal Farm," "Brave New World,"..."The Communist Manifesto," "Siddhartha," "The Old Man and the Sea," "Gulliver's Travels," "Mein Kampf,"...

A 22-year-old woman in Arizona, Caitie Parker, claimed on her Twitter feed that she went to high school and college with the gunman, and was in a band with him. She described his politics in the past as "left wing, quite liberal, & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy." She also described him as having a lot of friends "until he got alcohol poisoning in '06" and dropped out of school. "Mainly loner very philosophical."

Parker described the gunman meeting Rep. Gabrielle Giffords previously: "He was a political radical & met Giffords once before in '07, asked her a question & he told me she was 'stupid & unintelligent.'"

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.msn.com ...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #298 on: January 09, 2011, 06:07:42 PM »
Hedge - honestly - I had to shut off the TV because of how bad the coverage has been - with all these outlets speaking in almost unison blaming palin and the tea party.  Never have I seen such obvious brainwashing in as long as I can remember.  

I know you're not too crazy about his views on guns. ;D And whether he is right or not about that I can't say. I guess pro-gun activists wants gun control under certain circumstances.

But I guess his main issue is that there needs to be a little cooling down.

Gergen makes a point about how it used to be violent anti-Bush themes by lefties. And now it's anti-Obama by righties.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/09/gergen.pointing.fingers/index.html?hpt=C1

BTW, I saw Olbermann call for Beck and others to apologize. It may be true. They perhaps should apologize and do some soul searching.

But Olbermann showed that he didn't understand what this is all about since he didn't acknowledge his own part in whipping up a highly toxic political environment with his "Worst persons list" and shit like that.

It would've been kinda refreshing had Olbermann said "Hey, I'm gonna stop with my shit. That's what's in my power. What others do, what Beck, O'Reilly and those guys do, that's up to them. But I ain't doing this anymore"

But Olbermann didn't. Instead he pretended to be some kind of fucking saint. That's what's really bothering me.

JMO...
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »
Posted at 4:03 PM ET, 01/ 9/2011
Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails
By David A. Fahrenthold

In early June, Lynda Sorenson, 52, had gone back to community college in Tucson in hopes of getting back on the job market. One of her classes was a basic algebra class--and one of her classmates was Jared Loughner, now identified by authorities as the man who killed six people and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) in a shooting rampage Saturday. Sorenson's e-mails to friends from last summer, provided to the Washington Post, reveal her growing alarm at Loughner's strange and disruptive
behavior in class.

From June 1, the first day of class:
"One day down and nineteen to go. We do have one student in the class who was disruptive today, I'm not certain yet if he was on drugs (as one person surmised) or disturbed. He scares me a bit. The teacher tried to throw him out and he refused to go, so I talked to the teacher afterward. Hopefully he will be out of class very soon, and not come back with an automatic weapon."

From June 10:
"As for me, Thursday means the end to week two of algebra class. It seems to be going by quickly, but then I do have three weeks to go so we'll see how I feel by then. Class isn't dull as we have a seriously disturbed student in the class, and they are trying to figure out how to get rid of him before he does something bad, but on the other hand, until he does something bad, you can't do anything about him. Needless to say, I sit by
the door."

From June 14:
"We have a mentally unstable person in the class that scares the living crap out of me. He is one of those whose picture you see on the news, after he has come into class with an automatic weapon. Everyone interviewed would say, Yeah, he was in my math class and he was really weird. I sit by the door with my purse handy. If you see it on the news one night, know that I got out fast..."

The class's instructor, Ben McGahee, said in an interview Sunday that Loughner had been removed from class in its third or fourth week, because of repeated disruptions.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2011/01/jared-loughners-behavior-recor.html?hpid=topnews