Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event  (Read 38452 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
interesting reading those e-mails. :o

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2011, 06:36:59 PM »
Suspect Fixated on Giffords
WSJ ^ | January 9, 2011 | JOHN R. EMSHWILLER, DEVLIN BARRETT and CHARLES FORELLE

Accused gunman Jared Lee Loughner appeared to have been long obsessed with U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

A safe at Mr. Loughner's home contained a form letter from Ms. Giffords' office thanking him for attending a 2007 "Congress on your Corner'' event in Tucson. The safe also held an envelope with handwritten notes, including the name of Ms. Giffords, as well as "I planned ahead," "My assassination," and what appeared to be Mr. Loughner's signature, according to an FBI affidavit.

Federal authorities charged Mr. Loughner on Sunday with two counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder and a count of attempting to assassinate a member of Congress, during a scheduled public appearance by Ms. Giffords here Saturday. More charges are expected, officials said, and Mr. Loughner, age 22, remains in federal custody.

Mr. Loughner had complained to a friend about how he was treated by the Arizona lawmaker during an event several years ago, which aggravated Mr. Loughner, according to the friend.

Authorities allege Mr. Loughner's anger exploded on Saturday. Shortly after 10 a.m., as U.S. District Court Judge John Roll greeted Ms. Giffords in front of a Safeway supermarket, authorities charged Mr. Loughner fired a Glock 9mm semiautomatic pistol into the back of her head. In the seconds that followed, say authorities, Mr. Loughner shot 19 others, six fatally, including the judge and a 9-year-old girl, before his gun jammed and he was wrestled to the ground.

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
.Suspect Fixated on Giffords
Accused Gunman Went to Congresswoman's Event in 2007; 'I Planned Ahead'.
Article

By JOHN R. EMSHWILLER, DEVLIN BARRETT and CHARLES FORELLE
TUCSON, Ariz.—Accused gunman Jared Lee Loughner appeared to have been long obsessed with U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

Arizona Daily Star/Associated Press

Witnesses and bystanders waited inside a police barrier in the parking lot of the Safeway grocery store where Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D., Ariz.) and others were shot Saturday.

.. Jared Lee Loughner, the man suspected of a shooting spree that killed a Federal Judge and critically wounded Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, had left a trail of online videos in which he railed against the government. WSJ's Neil Hickey reports.
.A safe at Mr. Loughner's home contained a form letter from Ms. Giffords' office thanking him for attending a 2007 "Congress on your Corner'' event in Tucson. The safe also held an envelope with handwritten notes, including the name of Ms. Giffords, as well as "I planned ahead," "My assassination," and what appeared to be Mr. Loughner's signature, according to an FBI affidavit.

Federal authorities charged Mr. Loughner on Sunday with two counts of murder, two counts of attempted murder and a count of attempting to assassinate a member of Congress, during a scheduled public appearance by Ms. Giffords here Saturday. More charges are expected, officials said, and Mr. Loughner, age 22, remains in federal custody.

Mr. Loughner had complained to a friend about how he was treated by the Arizona lawmaker during an event several years ago, which aggravated Mr. Loughner, according to the friend.

Authorities allege Mr. Loughner's anger exploded on Saturday. Shortly after 10 a.m., as U.S. District Court Judge John Roll greeted Ms. Giffords in front of a Safeway supermarket, authorities charged Mr. Loughner fired a Glock 9mm semiautomatic pistol into the back of her head. In the seconds that followed, say authorities, Mr. Loughner shot 19 others, six fatally, including the judge and a 9-year-old girl, before his gun jammed and he was wrestled to the ground.

Hospital officials said Sunday that Ms. Giffords had responded well to brain surgery, though she is still in critical condition. Four other patients who suffered critical wounds were moved out of intensive care.

Federal investigators are still gathering evidence to determine what prompted Mr. Loughner to carry out the attack. Investigators suspect Mr. Loughner acted alone, giving few signs of any violent intent.

Reuters

Man believed to be accused gunman Jared Loughner, top, from his MySpace page
.Interviews with people who knew Mr. Loughner suggest the shooting followed a slow unraveling in the life of a seemingly peaceful young man.

Mr. Loughner was a scrawny, average teenager with a mop of curly hair. He played saxophone at football games and jammed with a friend's garage band. In his freshman and sophomore years at Mountain View High School, Mr. Loughner flew under the radar.

"All he did was play video games and play music," said Tommy Marriotti, a high school friend. Mr. Marriotti said much of Mr. Loughner's free time was devoted to the school band. He wasn't especially political, Mr. Marriotti said, though he expressed frustration with the Bush Administration.

Christina Lunderberg, 21, a high school bandmate, said Mr. Loughner, as a saxophone player, "was really good and talented, and arrogant."

Alex Montanaro, who described himself as once having been one of "Jared's best friends" said his buddy was a good, smart kid who was close to his parents. "Throughout our time together all I saw was a normal, loving relationship," he said.

.But around the 10th grade, Mr. Loughner seemed to have "a mental downfall" following his break-up with a girlfriend, said Mr. Montanaro, who responded to questions via email.

Mr. Loughner started acting strangely, Mr. Montanaro said, and "his friends changed from people like us to more, drug oriented people I suppose." He quit playing saxophone and was eventually ignored by his old friends. "Jared really became an outcast," he said.

Friends say by his junior year Mr. Loughner used drugs, and his grades slumped. He didn't return for his senior year.

In 2007, the year he would have graduated from high school, Mr. Loughner was arrested in Pima County and charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to court records. His case was dismissed.

Mr. Loughner went "through a tagging phase" in 2009, said Mr. Montanaro, painting graffiti, using phrases from literature. He also would sit in unlocked cars, he said, until the night he was chased off by one car's apparent owner.

One of Mr. Loughner's ambitions was to be a writer, said Mr. Montanaro, and he shared his stories with friends. One short story was about a "reporter during the end of the world speaking with an angel," he recalled.

WSJ's White House Correspondent Jonathan Weisman explains the political context and ramifications of the shooting today of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords at a Tucson supermarket.

.Mr. Loughner later enrolled in classes at Pima Community College, where he became disruptive and unstable.

Math instructor Ben McGahee said Mr. Loughner's frequent off-topic outbursts during an algebra course last summer frightened other students. On his first test, Mr. Loughner wrote "Mayhem Fest!!!" in large letters, Mr. McGahee said.

Mr. McGahee said he tried to remove Mr. Loughner from class on several occasions, but college officials didn't agree.

.Pima College spokesman Paul Schwalbach said the school didn't notify law enforcement officials about Mr. Loughner because he didn't appear to be a threat.

"He said things that were strange and he was a handful in class but he didn't threaten any students," Mr. Schwalbach said. Mr. Loughner withdrew in October after the school decided to require him to take a mental health evaluation, he said.

In a series of videos posted on YouTube since the end of November, Mr. Loughner raged against the government and the Constitution and discussed "terrorism."

Mr. Montanaro said he last spoke to Mr. Loughner last May, when his friend talked about hunting for a job and getting in shape. Mr. Loughner "really wanted to join the military" to help obtain better work skills, said Mr. Montanaro. "He worked out for months getting fit" but was eventually turned down, Mr. Montanaro adds.

In one YouTube video Mr. Loughner posted online, he said he was an Army recruit at Military Entrance Processing Station in Phoenix. An Army spokesman confirmed that Mr. Loughner "attempted to enlist in the Army but was rejected for service."

A person familiar with the matter said he wasn't accepted because of a failed drug test.

Mr. Montanaro said his friend "was never really political," but "really tried to be philosophical." Mr. Loughner liked "contemplating the meaning of words and the origin of language," Mr. Montanaro said.

That interest might have triggered Mr. Loughner's first meeting with Ms. Giffords in 2007. Mr. Loughner said he asked the lawmaker, "How do you know words mean anything?" recalled Mr. Montanaro. He said Mr. Loughner was "aggravated" when Ms. Giffords, after pausing for a couple of seconds, "responded to him in Spanish and moved on with the meeting."

Officials said Saturday's shooting was captured on a surveillance video and showed Mr. Roll chatting with an aide to Ms. Giffords. Then Mr. Roll greeted Ms. Giffords as she was hit, according to people familiar with the matter.

The 9mm bullet went through the left side of her head, from back to front. The shooter then opened fire on the crowd.

..One woman who was wounded grabbed a magazine of bullets from the shooter as he tried to reload, authorities said. The attacker jammed a second magazine into the gun but it failed to fire and two men dragged him to the ground.

Mr. Montanaro recalled his friend developed "a hate for government and just how everything was systematic...He thought government controlled people too much."

"I really can't understand why Jared was so interested in Giffords," Mr. Montanaro said. "I imagine it was simply because she was the most accessible."

—Evan Pérez, Alexandra Berzon and Ann Zimmerman contributed to this article.
Write to Charles Forelle at charles.forelle@wsj.com, Ann Zimmerman at ann.zimmerman@wsj.com and Alexandra Berzon at alexandra.berzon@wsj.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »
kid was screwed up, no doubt.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:22 PM »
kid was screwed up, no doubt.
not according to tony.  an bb thinks CTrs on this forum are just like this sick fuck. ::) 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
not according to tony.  an bb thinks CTrs on this forum are just like this sick fuck. ::) 
post where i said he was sane hugo, youre a mod bro you should be above the idiocy of the likes of straw man...

what ive said is its a possibility that he is sane...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
post where i said he was sane hugo, youre a mod bro you should be above the idiocy of the likes of straw man...

what ive said is its a possibility that he is sane...

you seem to think he was just using logic.  seemed to me you were suggesting his extremely irrational and quite delutional rambling is just as likely to be sane as insane.  I can't see anything sane about this level of delutional thought.  sorry.  the dude is insane.  I don't think you need to be a doctor or take college coarses to see that lol...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: January 09, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »
you seem to think he was just using logic.  seemed to me you were suggesting his extremely irrational and quite delutional rambling is just as likely to be sane as insane.  I can't see anything sane about this level of delutional thought.  sorry.  the dude is insane.  I don't think you need to be a doctor or take college coarses to see that lol...
goodness gracious dude you and straw man are two peas in a pod bro...

I never said that makes him sane, what i was trying to do was show that it wasnt necissarily an in coherent mess of shit...

its nothing to get upset over or become passive aggressive over

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: January 09, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
goodness gracious dude you and straw man are two peas in a pod bro...

I never said that makes him sane, what i was trying to do was show that it wasnt necissarily an in coherent mess of shit...

its nothing to get upset over or become passive aggressive over
I'm not upset lol...  I'm just busting your balls over this because I think you're wrong.  I'm not going to meltdown, I promise ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #309 on: January 09, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
  an bb thinks CTrs on this forum are just like this sick fuck. ::) 

I think we all realized BB's ability to evaluate... based upon his 2008 presidential vote...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
It actually started with Clinton.  Some people really have trouble separating a person's political beliefs from the person. 

QFT!!!
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2011, 03:00:07 AM »
240 - you voted for bob barr, or at least claim to.   You are in no position to talk about anyones' 2008 vote.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:38 AM »
Boehner made a key address. Very neutral, moderate and balanced. Exactly what was needed.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2011/01/09/arizona.shooting.boehner.WCPO
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:52 AM »
QFT!!!

Aain, you and 240 need to take a history lesson. 

This ad is fro 1964.   

LBJ, who was a disaster as POTUS, ran this against Goldwater.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:48 AM »
Neuro, two wrongs don't make one right.

What I'm saying is that liberals lashing out against Palin is creating a potentially dangerous situation as well.

Right now everyone needs to calm the fuck down IMO and not stir up shit that will inspire loons on both sides to do anything stupid.

Eg, I saw on Fox Nation how some blogger there made some comment on Jane Fonda. And instantly had several replies about her deserving the capitol punishment.

That's insane.

As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:35 AM »
Update on Olbermann.

Actually he did apologize for his own crap - at least a minimal part of it. And acknowledge that he's gotta cut it out.

And apparently IS expected to drop Worst Person List. :o

http://www.allyourtv.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2408:keith-olbermann-expected-to-announce-he-is-dropping-worst-person-segment-on-mondays-countdown&catid=1:latest-news

At 4:40 (so you won't have to listen through the whole thing to Olby's horrible voice ;D)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40981503/ns/msnbc_tv-countdown_with_keith_olbermann/
As empty as paradise

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #317 on: January 10, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »

And I thought Gracie Jiu-jitsu was the stupidest poster on this board. You are a winner, nitwit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #318 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »

No, the CT nuts on this forum are not mass murderers.   ::)

My comments related to the use of this kid's ramblings to conclude he is crazy.  His ramblings are no more "crazy" than the faked moon landing conspiracy, the 911 conspiracy, etc.  If someone were to actually write out specifically how, for example, the faked moon and 911 conspiracy theories actually happened (including how we fooled the Smithsonian re the moon landing, how we faked plane crashes and disposed of bodies, shot a missile into the Pentagon, used holograms to fake the twin towers crashes, etc.), it would sound no more loony than this disturbed kid's musings.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »
And I thought Gracie Jiu-jitsu was the stupidest poster on this board. You are a winner, nitwit.

Skip thinks NT is Mons Venus.  I think I agree. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »
No, the CT nuts on this forum are not mass murderers.   ::)

My comments related to the use of this kid's ramblings to conclude he is crazy.  His ramblings are no more "crazy" than the faked moon landing conspiracy, the 911 conspiracy, etc.  If someone were to actually write out specifically how, for example, the faked moon and 911 conspiracy theories actually happened (including how we fooled the Smithsonian re the moon landing, how we faked plane crashes and disposed of bodies, shot a missile into the Pentagon, used holograms to fake the twin towers crashes, etc.), it would sound no more loony than this disturbed kid's musings.  
::) yes they are.  I don't believe in the moon landing CT and have argued here against those who think we didn't land on the moon.  But at least those people here were looking at things they didn't understand or looked wrong to them to question the moon landing.  They did provide things to look at and refute.  In none of Jared's delusions has he ever done that.  If you read through Jared's garbage, he uses completely disjointed logic making things up as he goes along.  There is nothing to refute and even everyone at ATS were left with nothing to say but "you're crazy."  He creates a complete delusion that is so removed from reality that it's pure delusional, not just misunderstanding or misuse of facts, but completely self created notions.  His ramblings are a thousand times more delusional than anyone here.  Those who believe we didn't land on the moon have a list of items they question.  Jared just pulled shit out of his assbrain that were pure WTF.

What is probably happening here is that you are using this nutsandwich in your own personal bias against anyone here who utters a CT.

Yea yea, I know, this is where you call me nuts, tell me to hide out in a cave, call me chicken little yea yea yea, I got it...  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: January 10, 2011, 10:04:44 AM »
Skip thinks NT is Mons Venus.  I think I agree. 
i can see that...he is a troll just the same and never backs up his statements

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: January 10, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »
::) yes they are.  I don't believe in the moon landing CT and have argued here against those who think we didn't land on the moon.  But at least those people here were looking at things they didn't understand or looked wrong to them to question the moon landing.  They did provide things to look at and refute.  In none of Jared's delusions has he ever done that.  If you read through Jared's garbage, he uses completely disjointed logic making things up as he goes along.  There is nothing to refute and even everyone at ATS were left with nothing to say but "you're crazy."  He creates a complete delusion that is so removed from reality that it's pure delusional, not just misunderstanding or misuse of facts, but completely self created notions.  His ramblings are a thousand times more delusional than anyone here.  Those who believe we didn't land on the moon have a list of items they question.  Jared just pulled shit out of his assbrain that were pure WTF.

What is probably happening here is that you are using this nutsandwich in your own personal bias against anyone here who utters a CT.

Yea yea, I know, this is where you call me nuts, tell me to hide out in a cave, call me chicken little yea yea yea, I got it...  ::)

I think you're missing my point.  When has anyone ever given a detailed explanation of how we faked the moon landing and how all of the governments and individuals participated?  I'm not talking about raising questions.  I mean detailing exactly how it happened. Same with the 911 stuff.  If those theories are given a blow-by-blow explanation, they would sound completely nuts. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
I think you're missing my point.  When has anyone ever given a detailed explanation of how we faked the moon landing and how all of the governments and individuals participated?  I'm not talking about raising questions.  I mean detailing exactly how it happened. Same with the 911 stuff.  If those theories are given a blow-by-blow explanation, they would sound completely nuts. 
When lol?  several times...  There's complete documentaries and many programs that have been posted with detailed explanation of how they think the moon landing was faked.  Just because you don't look at anything they write or post doesn't mean they didn't do it lololol...  I actually did watch and read everything they provided and there was a complete list of material one could actually look at and provide a real reply to on real things.  Nowhere does Jared do that.  All his proofs were just made up and he used his false logic to back it up. 

I mean when all of the CTrs over at ATS are telling the guy he's nuts or retarded, it's pretty clear that Jared went way lower than their standards.  Yet here you are saying they're all equally nuts in their ideas--WOW...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: January 10, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
Another thing....  Much of what Jared believed is completely unique to Jared.  There is nodody else who believes some of the shit he said.  Like that it's impossible for a person to survive in space.  He believes all shuttle's are unmanned and they use a green screens to fake astronaughts in space.  I'm pretty sure he's the only person in the world who thinks that's true, so don't tell me the CT stuff from others is just as crazy.