Author Topic: COACH JIM CALDWELL  (Read 889 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
COACH JIM CALDWELL
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:44:14 PM »
I would like to hear the getbig take on this coaching genius.What possible reason could he have had for that time out? It doesn't really matter they would never make it very far anyway,with the back ups playing.Maybe Peyton should be coach and QB?

body88

Re: COACH JIM CALDWELL
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
There are many teams with alot of injuries. They had Reggie Wayne, Garcon and Addai last night.

I think Caldwell is an average coach.

Manning is a great player, one of the best ever, and one of my fav players. He gets to much credit for being a coach on the field. He's thrown a shitload of int's this year. ended the sb on one last year, he can't do it alone.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
Haha, and there's Body88 right on cue trying to minimize the Colts injuries. There isn't a team in the playoffs that's anywhere near as beat up as the Colts are. Maybe the Saints but that's about it.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
Sure the injuries are an excuse...not for all of it,but it certainly cost them.As far as having Reggie Wayne and Garcon,yeah they did,but the Jets just did a great job of covering them. Can't throw him the ball if he isn't open. :)

As far as injuries go they were playing with guys I've never even heard of...That one doof that hit the punter just signed on in NOVEMBER and BOB SANDERS has proven to be a complete waste...always hurt.

body88

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:28:28 PM »
Haha, and there's Body88 right on cue trying to minimize the Colts injuries. There isn't a team in the playoffs that's anywhere near as beat up as the Colts are. Maybe the Saints but that's about it.

GB packers.

List the colts injuries. Bet I can find several teams in the ballpark.

I've been consistent on injuries for years. It has nothing to do with the colts. Pay attention.

body88

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 04:29:29 PM »
Sure the injuries are an excuse...not for all of it,but it certainly cost them.As far as having Reggie Wayne and Garcon,yeah they did,but the Jets just did a great job of covering them. Can't throw him the ball if he isn't open. :)

As far as injuries go they were playing with guys I've never even heard of...That one doof that hit the punter just signed on in NOVEMBER and BOB SANDERS has proven to be a complete waste...always hurt.

I hear you, but everyone has injuries, and if your not the Patriots, no one has anything close to Manning.

This has nothing to do with the colts, I've felt the same about injuires for years.  It's part of the game my man!

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that Jim Caldwell is a great guy and probably a fine position coach/coordinator.  He was in this area at Wake Forest for several years (after having served as a coordinator under JoePa).  He did a lot of good for the team's overall development, but lack of on-field success led to his termination (althought the university made it clear that they had "no regrets" about having hired him). 
~

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 05:11:36 PM »
I do not think it made a difference in the outcome,but much has been said from pissed off fans around here of his decision to call time out at the end.Some have said he should be fired. I don't see the logic there,but I don't analyze football the way many here do.I just root for my home town team,that's all.