Author Topic: Teresa Anthony 2011 Arnold Blog  (Read 1742 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Teresa Anthony 2011 Arnold Blog
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »

Teresa Anthony’s Road to the 2011 Figure International

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2011/01/10/teresa-anthonys-road-to-the-2011-figure-international/

IFBB Figure Pro Teresa narrowly missed out on a top six spot at the 2010 Figure International. She kept at it and finished last season with two top three finishes in Houston and California. The pressure is off to qualify for the big dance but that’s months away. Teresa has her sights set on cracking a top spot at the Figure International. She shares her journey to the Figure International here on hardbody.com.

Picking up after roadblocks!!!!

Today marks 56 days until my very first Figure International, and I have to admit there are parts of me that is still in disbelief that I got the invite.  However, I am not dreaming, I am awake and thankful to get the opportunity to grace that big stage with a great group of ladies.  I have been dreaming about this day since 2008 and finally 2011, I have arrived.

In the midst of all my happiness a stomach virus put a slight roadblock in the my training/dieting the last few days.  As a competitor we tend to think we are super human and no illness can stop us from working out.  Well take it for me, that is not the case sometimes.  From Sunday through Tuesday I wasn’t able to train or eat much, I was dehydrated, losing weight by the minute and just plained pissed off that this happen before a show I have been secretly dreaming about for quite sometimes.   A voice in my mind kept telling me that being sick was going to put me behind on my training and that I wouldn’t enough time to tone up my lil ghetto booty. All this time extra time on my hands and my negative thoughts was driving me bananas.  After I snapped out of my insanity moment, I realize that I needed to rest and get better before I forced to train and possibly end up doing more damage.  It’s always amazing how one hustle in your plans can threaten your whole game plan.  There were a few positives to this stomach virus, I got a chance to get much needed sleep, more time off from work (and yes I have a day job) and oh my abs were ripped. 

Breaking news: I am alive and I made it though.  I returned back the gym on Wednesday pumped and ready to rock and roll…well my body said, slow down young Jedi, take this step easy.  I managed to get to the workout but I have admit my cardio was very tough.  I guess the virus did more damage to my body that I thought, but I am staying positive that I will be back to full strength by the weekend.   Ok folks back on the grind and will keep you posted on my progress.  I am feeling great and ready to make this happen.

Until next time…  Peace out.