Author Topic: Planet Bigness  (Read 8604 times)

w8m8

Planet Bigness
« on: January 10, 2011, 03:35:39 PM »
What would be the publics reaction to a gym that was totally geared for BBer's and strongmen ONLY and they cropped up close to Planet Fitness centers .. and made commercials that made fun of unfit folks ?

No fatties allowed

No twinks allowed

No idiots who don't know what they're doing allowed

and absolutely NO dancercises under any circumstance !!!!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Planet Bigness
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »
What would be the publics reaction to a gym that was totally geared for BBer's and strongmen ONLY and they cropped up close to Planet Fitness centers .. and made commercials that made fun of unfit folks ?

Don't know what the public's reaction would be. Personally, I don't see a problem with a gym that wanted to gear itself towards BBer's and strongmen, ...but I think it more than passes the boundaries of decency & good taste to make fun of and/or publicly demean those who are unfit.

IMO, that kind of advertising would probably be more successful in attracting the immature, mean-spirited, callous, insensitive and tremendously insecure, than it would to attract overall BBer's and strongmen. Totally classless.
w

w8m8

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:26:07 AM »
Don't know what the public's reaction would be. Personally, I don't see a problem with a gym that wanted to gear itself towards BBer's and strongmen, ...but I think it more than passes the boundaries of decency & good taste to make fun of and/or publicly demean those who are unfit.

IMO, that kind of advertising would probably be more successful in attracting the immature, mean-spirited, callous, insensitive and tremendously insecure, than it would to attract overall BBer's and strongmen. Totally classless.

Great ... do you think that Planet Fitness has been doing that with their representation of BBer's in their adverts ?

The music alone with the  dumb dumb dumb singing and showing the lifter out the back door ?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:44:52 AM »
rofl  did they have a pie off camera to make her run that fast?

w8m8

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
LOL ... I hope she doesn't have downstairs neighbors

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:19 AM »

Great ... do you think that Planet Fitness has been doing that with their representation of BBer's in their adverts ?

The music alone with the  dumb dumb dumb singing and showing the lifter out the back door ?

Can't and won't comment on Planet Fitness.
It is an American franchise whose facilities & advertisements I'm not familiar with, as I am located in Canada
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:49:10 AM »
rofl  did they have a pie off camera to make her run that fast?

nope, They told her Migs was behind her with a bag of cheetos.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 06:01:47 AM »
Can't and won't comment on Planet Fitness.
It is an American franchise whose facilities & advertisements I'm not familiar with, as I am located in Canada
lol youve never seen a planet fitness commercial on here?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:34 AM »
lol youve never seen a planet fitness commercial on here?

nope
w

newmom

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »

No fatties allowed

Of course people would be pissed, because MOST people hate to see themselves as overweight or obese. They delude themselves into thinking they're "happy" at being big or it doesn't bother them. I'd bet women would be the first up to be pissed about it. Which is odd, because some of them go to "curves" and don't want men there (not that men want to go there). Funny, just had a conversation the other day about this. I said if I had the money, I'd open a gym along the lines of serious workouts and strongman shit in the gym.

w8m8

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »
Funny, just had a conversation the other day about this.

Someone told me that KFC should try advertising that they don't allow customers to wear baseball caps sideways and no baggy saggy pants exposing underwear .. if anyone uses the drivethru and has rap on their radio they will be told to get to the back of the line

Wonder if that would be on TV for long  8)

newmom

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 05:54:14 AM »
Someone told me that KFC should try advertising that they don't allow customers to wear baseball caps sideways and no baggy saggy pants exposing underwear .. if anyone uses the drivethru and has rap on their radio they will be told to get to the back of the line

Wonder if that would be on TV for long  8)

Cripes, of course someone would bitch. Planet Fitness, has a sign, no doo rags, headwear, bandanas and noone has yet to say anything to me.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
nope, They told her Migs was behind her with a bag of cheetos.

rofl

don't forget the diet coke though

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
w8m8 making a good case here.

w8m8

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
w8m8 making a good case here.

Thanks boonasty ... this just seems so bias and demeaning I find it disgusting ... Planet Fitness has a retarded PR department .... it's probably ran by some lame ass rich schmoe that got turned down by a muscle bear for a private session  >:(

for jag