Author Topic: Nicole Wilkin's 2011 Arnold Blog  (Read 1663 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Nicole Wilkin's 2011 Arnold Blog
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »
From Hardbody.com...

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2011/01/11/defending-figure-international-champ-nicole-wilkins-road-to-the-arnold/

The 2010 Figure International Champ, Nicole Wilkins joins us for our Hardbody Arnold Guest Blogs. The defending champ will share her journey from snowy and cold Michigan. Follow along as she lets you in on what’s happening in her world as she prepares for her title defense.

Crazy to think it is that time already! It’s hard to believe that this is going to be my 9th time attending the Arnold Sports Festival and my fourth time on the Arnold Classic stage! I still remember attending my first Arnold weekend nine years ago. I was so star struck walking around the expo, taking pictures with girls who were my heroes. It’s what convinced me to enter my first fitness contest that year.

Now, I am honored to be on that invite list once again representing the best in the world. Being a Midwest girl, the show is close my home in Michigan, so it is really nice that most of my friends, family and clients can all be in attendance since it is just a short drive away.

As for my prep.. so far so good! I am feeling strong, focused, healthy and pumped to get back onstage. After years of prepping for shows I almost become robotic. As a type A busy body, I love structure – getting up, doing cardio, training clients, lifting, working with online clients, cardio, sleep (oh and eating a few times in between  ). The hardest part of the whole thing for me and for most of the other competitors, I’m sure – is the mental aspect. Knowing that there are days when you are going to feel spot on and fired up and other days when you feel less than your best and even question yourself.

Prepping for this show it is always the most challenging for me due to the cold Michigan weather, holiday parties, and my birthday (which is shared with the lovely Ms. Stern  ). But those things are just part of the game.

People sometimes ask me if it’s hard to stay on track during those times, or if I’m annoyed or upset that I can’t eat what they’re eating or drink what they’re drinking. Truth is, I’m not… nobody is making me do this. I’m doing it because it is something I love to do. I love training, I love competing, I love stepping on stage and knowing I’ve worked as hard as I possibly can to look my best. And as long as I’m following the plan, having fun, and doing what I’m supposed to do, I know everything will fall into place.

Until next time…

Check out Nicole’s Facebook Fan page where she does a great job of posting a variety of things. You can also follow her on twitter @NicoleMWilkins. Nicole has one of the best figure/fitness competitor, visit nicolewilkinslee.com to learn more about the defending champ.