Author Topic: Fearing tea party violence, four Arizona Republicans resign  (Read 831 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fearing tea party violence, four Arizona Republicans resign
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

By David Edwards
Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 -- 10:45 am

District Republican chairman: 'I don't want to take a bullet for anyone'

Fearing violence from tea party activists, Arizona Legislative District 20 Republican Chairman Anthony Miller and several others tendered their resignation this week following mass shootings that left six dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition.

Miller, a 43-year-old former campaign worker for Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), said that verbal attacks and blog posts from members of the tea party had him fearing for the safety of his family, according to a report in The Arizona Republic.

"Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home?" he wrote in an e-mail following the shootings. "So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."

Tea party members supporting J.D. Hayworth for senator in the midterm elections accused Miller, an African American, of being a "McCain's boy." One detractor had even made his hand into the shape of a gun and pointed it at Miller.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

District 20 Republican Secretary Sophia Johnson, first vice chairman Roger Dickinson, former district spokesman Jeff Kolb also followed Miller's lead and quit.

"This singular focus on 'getting' Anthony (Miller) was one of the main reasons I chose to resign," Kolb reportedly wrote to another party activist.

Arizona state Sen. John McComish, who had supported Miller as chairman, told the paper that this battle for local party leadership is more extreme than others he'd seen.

"It's too bad," McComish said. "He didn't deserve to be hounded out of office."

Kolb explained that Miller had been elected chairman even after Sheriff Joe Arpaio made a personal appearance for tea party candidate Thomas Morrissey.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Fearing tea party violence, four Arizona Republicans resign
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
seeing as the tea party had nothing to do with what happend saturday, citing them for stepping down seems very suspicious...

even if its true, its probably good that someone as guillable and ignorant as them arent going to be holding public office anymore...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
Updated: The sole black Republican Party district chairman in Arizona resigned from his post in the wake of Saturday's shooting, citing threats from the Tea Party faction and concerns for his family's safety, The Arizona Republic first reported.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
Sounds like a financial scandal is brewing.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:37 PM »

By David Edwards

Fearing violence from tea party activists, Arizona Legislative District 20 Republican Chairman Anthony Miller and several others tendered their resignation this week following mass shootings that left six dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition.

Miller, a 43-year-old former campaign worker for Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), said that verbal attacks and blog posts from members of the tea party had him fearing for the safety of his family, according to a report in The Arizona Republic."Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home?" he wrote in an e-mail following the shootings. "So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."

Tea party members supporting J.D. Hayworth for senator in the midterm elections accused Miller, an African American, of being a "McCain's boy." One detractor had even made his hand into the shape of a gun and pointed it at Miller.

"I wasn't going to resign but decided to quit after what happened Saturday," Miller said. "I love the Republican Party but I don't want to take a bullet for anyone."

District 20 Republican Secretary Sophia Johnson, first vice chairman Roger Dickinson, former district spokesman Jeff Kolb also followed Miller's lead and quit.

"This singular focus on 'getting' Anthony (Miller) was one of the main reasons I chose to resign," Kolb reportedly wrote to another party activist.

Arizona state Sen. John McComish, who had supported Miller as chairman, told the paper that this battle for local party leadership is more extreme than others he'd seen.

Kolb explained that Miller had been elected chairman even after Sheriff Joe Arpaio made a personal appearance for tea party candidate Thomas Morrissey.

didn't say it had anything to do with what happen saturday

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »
Sounds like a financial scandal is brewing.

facts, anything

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »

By David Edwards

Miller, a 43-year-old former campaign worker for Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), said that verbal attacks and blog posts from members of the tea party had him fearing for the safety of his family, according to a report in The Arizona Republic.

"Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home?" he wrote in an e-mail following the shootings. "So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."

really blacken?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
Where exactly is all this TEA Party violence? Maybe I missed it? Strange how when a grass roots movement appears the politicians panties get all in a bunch because someone dare to challenge the status quo.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Where exactly is all this TEA Party violence? Maybe I missed it? Strange how when a grass roots movement appears the politicians panties get all in a bunch because someone dare to challenge the status quo.

verbal attacks and blog posts   we probably wouldn't see much of that

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 04:16:06 PM »

verbal attacks and blog posts   we probably wouldn't see much of that

So what? See that shit all the time, but because its the TEA Party everyone is afraid of violence? What a bunch of bullshit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »
yea i missed it

No, you're a ritalin sniffing weasel of a troll that chose to ignore it.

Someone should really start cleaning up the posts of you and your countless gimmicks.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »
No, you're a ritalin sniffing weasel of a troll who chose to ignore it.

Someone should really start cleaning up the posts of you and your countless gimmicks.

:D :D :D still waiting for i hate muslims post

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »

By David Edwards

The Tea Party is commanded by extraterrestrials.[1]

Sources and References:

1. loco

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »

Sources and References:

1. loco

oooooooookkkkkkk ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »

Sources and References:

1. loco

I'd hate to see an MSNBC reporter come across this. We'd be hearing about it on Olbermann within the day. It is sourced, after all.  :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »
I'd hate to see an MSNBC reporter come across this. We'd be hearing about it on Olbermann within the day. It is sourced, after all.  :D

Of course it's sourced.  However, the article at the top of this thread isn't.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
Of course it's sourced.  However, the article at the top of this thread isn't.

;D

That goes without saying. He tried to get away with playing off a DailyKos article as having come from a right-wing site yesterday. He's a weasel.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
seeing as the tea party had nothing to do with what happend saturday, citing them for stepping down seems very suspicious...

even if its true, its probably good that someone as guillable and ignorant as them arent going to be holding public office anymore...

Yeah seemes weird the shooter did not have any connection to the Tea Party so... ???

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 06:10:18 AM »
No, you're a ritalin sniffing weasel of a troll that chose to ignore it.

will you request the same thing from 3333?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 06:12:54 AM »

And if we hear FOX report on it.. they would report "some say that there are resigning for more questionable reasons."

or maybe fox would say "there are many that beleive that they quit because of a scandal brewing"
who are those "some" and  "many" you ask.. the people in the Fox News building