Author Topic: Nicole Nagrani's 2011 Arnold Blog  (Read 3181 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Nicole Nagrani's 2011 Arnold Blog
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »

From Hardbody.com, our sister site

http://www.hardbody.com/guy/

IFBB Bikini Pro Nicole Nagrani his lit up the competition scene and doing so before she’s 20 years old. She’s not only adorable but also wicked smart to boot. Nicole is in an accellerated Med program and was spotted studying hours before the 2010 Bikini Olympia contest. Nicole joins our ever growing list of guest bloggers for the 2011 Arnold. Check out what the bikini ball of energy has to say as she heads into the inaugural Bikini International.

I am so honored and extremely thrilled to be competing in the 2011 Arnold Classic Bikini International! I cannot even believe that I will be stepping up on the stage that I have always dreamed up. Since I’ve been little, my parents have always been very involved with fitness related activities so I was always exposed to this lifestyle. At the age of 14 I competed in my first figure and fitness competition in which I took home first place. After that I decided to stop competing for a while and just focus on school and my Mom took up the sport. In late 2009 I competed again in the teen figure division and at this point I knew I was hooked and wanted to keep training for shows. In 2010 I began competing in bikini for the first time because my father finally approved since I turned 18. From then on, my experience in the sport has been a complete whirlwind! I ended up turning pro with my mother and Team Universe and just a short week later I won the Tampa Pro! It was shocking but I was so grateful because my hard work was paying off. Then I competed in the first ever Bikini Olympia. Man, was that an amazing experience. I could not even comprehend the fact that I was actually competing in this show. My father had been taking trips to the Olympia for years but I never had the chance to tag along; I just ended up watching the video. My Mom and Dad already had tickets to the Olympia before I was even invited last year! Needless to say I had an awesome time and was ecstatic to be going home with my 3rd place medal. I topped off the year with the Ft. Lauderdale Cup and won my second Pro show! Not only had I kicked butt on stage, but I ended up with a 3.8 average in the Accelerated Med Program at Stetson University. 2010 was a great year for me on and off the stage. I cannot thank FMG, Bombshell Fitness Team, and my loving family enough for all of the love and support this year. I am so thankful for everyone.

So now… 2011. I can only hope to come close to having such an awesome year this year just like 2010. I just got back from a much-needed 10-day vacation with my family, and now I’m back with the eye of the tiger!!! Classes started today so not only do I have to get on top of my game in training for the Inaugural Bikini International, but I also have to focus on my grades. Balancing training and studying can definitely be hard sometimes, but it is so rewarding when it’s all said and done. Although it gets hectic, I feel like all of the training has actually helped me with the books by helping me to relax and not stress all of the time. It worked last semester; I hope it works this semester with a different course-load. All I want to do is approach this situation with optimism, work hard, put in my best effort, and hope for the best outcome. For me, I’m still stuck in a dream as far as my success in this sport goes. All I want to do is come in the best I’ve ever looked each time I compete. It all begins this week so… ITS GAME TIME!!!

Also, I signed with MET-Rx yesterday, which was SOOOOO EXCCCTTTIIINNNGGG!!! I am so honored to join the MET-Rx team, and cannot wait to begin promoting these great products.

Congratulations to all of the competitors invited to this years Arnold Classic! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and is look forward to a great New Year!

Nicole ☺

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Nicole Nagrani's 2011 Arnold Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:21 AM »
Hardbody.com continues to build up...   Jan 17, 2011

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2011/01/17/nicole-nagrani-juggling-college-competing/

Nicole Nagrani – Juggling College & Competing

FBB Bikini Pro Nicole Nagrani is a full-time college student and she’s preparing for the Bikini International. While her classmates are hitting the frat house she’s headed to the gym. Check out what one of the IFBB’s rising stars has to say in her latest Arnold Blog.

So getting back on track from the holidays can always be hard. Not only is everyone trying to get back in shape and shed the pounds, but work and school start back up. A lot of people ask me… How do you manage to go to school full time and compete at a pro level?

Now, I know there are a lot of other competitors out there who struggle day to day trying to balance work, school, families, dieting, and training. And I also know that a lot of people don’t get any credit for all of this multi-tasking because people don’t know how hard it actually is. When you become a competitor you give up a lot of things because you become fully engulfed in a daily regime that you follow religiously. There’s no more going out partying, drinking, or eating bad foods. On top of that, you’re trying to prepare for a show and going to work or school! It can be sooooo tiring! And for a lot of people, they can’t understand why us, as competitors want to put ourselves through so much stress just to “look good”. NEWS FLASH!!! We do it because we want to. Don’t get me wrong, I’m tempted all the time as a college student to go out to the frat houses or out for a late night dining session, but hey I chose this sport and I know there are certain guidelines which must be followed to get the desired result. The majority of people don’t know what being a competitor entails so they just frown upon everything you do because they think you’re not being “normal”. Shoot I still get comments from my best friends like this, but I know that in the end when I’m standing on stage that it will all be worth it.

So…to all the competitors out there who are working hard and struggling trying to keep a balanced lifestyle between school, work, and home, I give you a lot of respect! Keep your head up and keep pushing through your day to day routines!