Author Topic: During the Colorado Experiment  (Read 7767 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: During the Colorado Experiment
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
If my memory is correct Jones caught the flu toward the end of the so called Colorado experiment and he had to quit.  I will look for proof of this online.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »
cool story,,, sad too and thats y mike wasnt even close to winnin the o bc the only thing biggr then his mouth was his belly and now seems to be his recomended intake of drugs,,, thats y hit preex styl training has weight but the frequency and possibly volume is way off.... i nevr seen ppl get in bettershape stayin out of the gym,if that were the case every middleaged pencilneckpotbelly would hav a gr8 build off of 3x per wk espec if they weekend warrior on their sets so same thing wit guys that sauce,all things equal its gotta go to the guy that trains mor not less and of course doing mov rit staying injury free recovery etc
a guy that spends 20hrs a wk liftin for ten yrs will prob look better than a guy doin 10 hrs a wk per ten yrs... grantd they start with similar circumstances bdytypes weights etc, u get the point

Every pencil neck geek won't have a great build because they don't have the muscle/mind connection ;)

subseven

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »
Fair enough sub-7, cool nick by the way. But this ain't all about me and my twink 170 pound physique, I plan on getting back into the business of fitness training, and this also has to do with my business and money making ability as a fit trainer. You see, if I provide potential clients with a meaningful and productive product ie. helping them to achieve their goals very, very quickly then I will build a great rep for myself and make more and more cash. Yeah I know that many talk shit about fit trainers but that's their problem, not mine. So look at it this way, if my clients get great results then they will spread the word and I will get more and more clients, and more and more clients equals more and more cash for me. And what's wrong with trying to discover the truth?

This is an exceptionally honest answer and very well worded. Thank you very much.

Actually I train with very few sets (not 1 but close) and have read basically all that has ever been written on the subject. My take on the topic is as follows:

The owner of Master Trainer, (it is at: http://www.ageless-athletes.com/ ) published an article where a literature review was presented about one set vs multi-set training. Now, this was a long time ago and I used to subscribe to his printed version; hence, it may not be easy to locate on his site (but do look for it, perhaps you can purchase the article or the copy of the issue where it was published). But, long story short, of the dozen (or two dozen?) published papers on single vs multi set training, all but one or two showed either single sets to be equally effective or more effective.

Of course, none of these were done on bodybuilders, let alone juiced bbers. And I do not claim that someone who is ultra-serious about bbing train with only one set in all cases. But, for the middle aged guy going to the gym to look better, I am fairly confident that single sets will generally work as well as multi-sets and adherence to the protocol as well as injury risk will be lower. Hence, you will make more $$$

The critical issue is generating sufficient intensity to make single sets work. I really do not believe that one must go insane and come close to puking. In fact, I don't even think one has to go much beyond positive failure on most sets (maybe 1-2 forced reps thrown in at the end of some sessions, but not always). But people have to realize that they won't hurt themselves or get a heart attack if they push to positive failure, which is hard to communicate to some guys really.

Just my take on the topic, hope it was useful -at least somewhat

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Thanks oldtimer, and while you're at it, why not try and find some of Jones' writings on negative-only training. If I remember correctly he said that he made it up to a buck 80 doing negative-only training, and this was a year or two after the Colorado Experiment.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
dj181,

I don't post much here but read a lot, which unfortunately means that I am exposed to your bullshit a lot. You come across as an idiot who wants to desperately prove to himself that it is possible to build your dream physique without steroids. You have a huge fear that you will never look good as a result of your refusal (i.e. cowardice) not to roid up and are looking for the magic bullet, desperately.

I hope 2011 bring better luck to you, but in my opinion you are better of simply accepting what you look like and moving onto other endeavors in your life.

spot on.

The other thing that's annoying is that he posts some BS claims and will not accept anyone telling him different. If he can't do any better any more, he comes up with the usual bullshit like "post your pic".  ::)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
I'm not the one who says post your pic, that's panda and falcon territory, not mine. Also, I'm not that closed minded, and as I EASILY ADMITTED a clean diet can also give fantastic results, and that a dirty diet isn't better than a clean one. Come on man, you know that IF muscle growth happens, it happens rapidly and in spurts, or do you really believe that it occurs very gradually and in dribbles?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »
I'm not the one who says post your pic, that's panda and falcon territory, not mine. Also, I'm not that closed minded, and as I EASILY ADMITTED a clean diet can also give fantastic results, and that a dirty diet isn't better than a clean one]. Come on man, you know that IF muscle growth happens, it happens rapidly and in spurts, or do you really believe that it occurs very gradually and in dribbles?

I already wrote everything that has to be said on this topic.

Just STFU and come back in one year. Now the whole board knows what's on your mind as you have been spamming the same stupid topic in 5 new treads every day for a week.

DO it, don't talk about it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
Allright man, fair enough. So I will use che's calling me out thread for the proof that I actually DO IT.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:15 PM »
Hey Lion, Mentzer wasn't recomending trainining 3x a week in the mid 90s, he recomended training once every 5 to 7 days, and sometimes every 10 days to 2 weeks.

thats makes it even worse dj,,, i just dont see the body having enough time /frequency of gym hours to change homeostasis and keep changing it into a naturally muscularly developed body that can walk around day in day out with low bf while carrying considerable size.

heres an exampleas to y i think gym time is mor important than diet and or drugs in the long run...

two guys similar height, 115lbs etc typical story start liftining weight to getbig one guy aftr a month keeps liftin learns everything there is to know and keeps on everyday for 10yrs 6-7days per wk, othr guy starts saucin after a month and keeps on saucin for 10yr and learns everything about sauce,,, not so much bout diet and nothing bout training and doesnt hav good training frequency either maybe 4xper wk. now, obviously the guy that lifts weights everyday for 10yrs looks it,almost like he takes juice to but doesnt hav the arm size,although its close but beaten on vascualrity seperation and bodyweight 200 versus 230...
however aside from mor cut vasucalr thicker arms and legs there isnt really much difference at all,,,, except whn the guy stops juicing.

simply put is u dont get better at something by not doing it...
in most cases,,,
all things equal,,, training smart,inury etc., the person that spends more time training will beat all others.period.