Author Topic: Muslim husbands with multiple wives to get extra benefits in UK  (Read 1410 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Muslim husbands with multiple wives to get extra benefits in UK
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
And, lest some people think that this won't hit close to home anytime soon.....

I hate to say I told you so, but….c’mon folks, this one was so predictable…

The gay marriage issue has been a hotbed of controversy. Anyone who opposes same-sex marriage has been called a multitude of names by those who scream “equality” and “fairness.” I have been one of those people who opposes using the word “marriage” for same-sex unions, not because I don’t feel gays should be united and have equal rights, but because I can see the slippery slope.

You always have to look for the slippery slope.

It’s easy to see that once the term “marriage” can be used for anything other than what was intended for hundreds of years – a union of one man and one woman- that there would be others, specifically polygamists, who would jump on the bandwagon and demand their rights to marriage.

Why not? Once the foot is in the door, it takes but a shove to get it open.

Well, it seems that the door is about to be shoved open in Canada, where they began recognizing same-sex marriage in 2005. Five, short years later, the issue of polygamy- the issue that everyone who is pushing for gay marriage in the U.S. says “will never happen because THAT’S different”- is at the forefront of the Canadian courts.

It only took five years.

Zoe Duff, a Canadian polygamy activist- she’s the director of the Canadian Polyamory Advocacy Association- has taken this issue to court. Zoe has two male, common-law partners and is upset because the current Canadian laws don’t allow her to live her chosen lifestyle. She wants to officially be married to both of these men. The British Columbia Supreme Court has agreed to hear her case, with testimony scheduled to begin within a few weeks.

It’s expected to pass, if not this time, then the next......

This is all happening behind the scenes in our own country whether we want it to or not. Proposition 8 was supposed to allow the people of California to decide the gay marriage issue in their state. Once the votes were counted, the folks in California let it be known that they overwhelmingly wanted marriage to stay man-woman.

Yet, that didn’t seem to matter, did it?

One, lone judge, a gay man by the name of Judge Vaughn Walker, didn’t agree with the will of the people and overturned the vote- which means that this issue will end up going to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to decide. Californians have been taken out of the equation. The issue of marriage is now in the hands of a few justices, most of whom are extremely liberal.

Can this happen with polygamy? Well, look to Canada. The majority of Canadians certainly don’t condone polygamy, yet if you ask the Canadian “experts” on this issue, they will tell you that they fully expect polygamy to become legal. Not only that, they believe there is a “strong probability of Canada quickly becoming overrun with Muslims if Canada’s polygamy and bigamy laws are overturned.”

Doesn’t anyone think it’s strange that Muslims, people who actually stone gays to death in Sharia-complicit countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia, are helping to push the gay marriage issue in America? Is it because they suddenly have an affinity for the gays or is it a means to their own end of polygamy?

http://looktruenorth.com/family/marriage/14777-the-slippery-slope-of-gay-marriage-has-arrived.html

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »
>:(

Darn it!  Jesus said

But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’  ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’"  So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Mark 10:6-8

kcballer, why did you quote me without saying anything else?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Haha totally false account by that article.

The BC Attorney General asked the supreme court to rule on polygamy being a charter right for Canadians, as they had tried to prosecute polygamists and failed.  Both sides for and against are having their day or days in court so to say that pro-polygamy forces started that is completely and utterly false.  I spend a lot of time in Canada as i live in the PNW so i do follow and know what is going down.  From what i have read about this case, there is almost no chance of it being found legal. 

To say this is because of gay marriage is not only false but ridiculous. 

This is from a pretty liberal paper too and the angle they are taking is definitely against polygamy

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/polygamy+case+hears+tradition+monogamous+unions/4087160/story.html

Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »
Here is more as to why the article you posted was complete sh*t -

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Babies+often+tortured+fundamentalist+polygamists+Witness/4100427/story.html

Water torture of babies is one way some members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints instil fear of authority, a former member testified Wednesday.

“It’s quite common,” Carolyn Blackmore Jessop said.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Decriminalizing+polygamy+would+breach+Canadian+obligations/4071986/story.html

Abandon every hope...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »
_____________________________________________________________-

Unreal.  coming to the USA eventually.   

...and probably starting in Utah
w