Author Topic: About this, our "Girly Board"? ButterBean? Princess L? Laura? Hello Ron?  (Read 11108 times)

newmom

Re: About this, our "Girly Board"? ButterBean? Princess L? Laura? Hello Ron?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
I think the board is fine as is but that's my opinion. The men who post here mostly like Migs, Powerpack, Toxic, Calvin, Chaos, Bench,  (okay he can be crass but does so to be funny) and TonyMC, they are pleasant and nice. I have yet see them be rude.

Glad your back Linda

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 04:27:11 PM »
huh??? who said anything about that?

w8m8, stella/bb, medford(although she doesnt post much), rip, newmoms, L, laura, you

thats 7 and others have come and gone...

sorry Linda again what youre asking for to me goes against getbig, you might as well be asking to change the whole culture of getbig...
jagson and sammie(if she isnt a gimmick)

newmom

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
jagson and sammie(if she isnt a gimmick)

Sammie isnt a gimmick

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
Sammie isnt a gimmick
yea im not to sure just yet

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »

w8m8, medford(although she doesnt post much),

xL

that leaves -2 women on our Girly board

joking ya?  either that or I'm guessing?  Perhaps they're both blonde gorgeous fit agile and sensible clever funny and wonderful bodybuilders totally female every inch.
Blokey quote:  I'll need pix

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
yea im not to sure just yet

Sammie's just now blown it on another board:  asked whether I'm hot and no woman would talk like that, so I now suppose she is in fact a bloke attempting to be incognito.

That's another -1

We forgot lovely Judi Jag or whatever her new name is nowadays.  She's a real woman for sure.  Never ever has she been treated well either.  Maybe she's another -1

think that leaves Stella and Laura & Mike and Princess and lovely newmom
and Ron

I failed maths but I make that:
3 or 4 women left

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
Sammie's just now blown it on another board:  asked whether I'm hot and no woman would talk like that, so I now suppose she is in fact a bloke attempting to be incognito.

That's another -1

We forgot lovely Judi Jag or whatever her new name is nowadays.  She's a real woman for sure.  Never ever has she been treated well either.  Maybe she's another -1

think that leaves Stella and Laura & Mike and Princess
and Ron

I make that:
3 women left
LOL hun you get what you give and jag is not the nicest...

rip and newmomma dont count in your real women poll?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 05:51:55 PM »
sorry, I just praised newmom and forgot rip,

they're both fab.

So we have 5 or 6 maybe 7 women and how many 000's of men lusting after us?  Being rude and condoning, obnoxious and crude?

Lovely sweet little real girlie board, it's great innit?
Name again those 10 men who are polite and nice here?

madly xL

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
you didnt answer my question?

I dont see many if any unprovoked attacks on this board and if they do occur they are dealt with promptly.

i think what you see as unprovoked attacks may be at times just someone giving another a good olf fashioned ribbing, nothing meant to be mean but just to make fun in a everyone laughs kinda way.

the women that post here all have special places in getbigs heart, they have paid their dues(some more than others) and are respected for it..

NOBODY gets welcomed nicely here LOL male or female...so i think what youre asking for goes against the very essence of getbig.

Good post
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »
You know what Linda?  It wouldn't matter one way or the other if this became women only.  There still wouldn't be any more women.  Most of the women who come around here either start off posting on the G & O and get scared off or they venture out of the women's area and the result is the same.  That and the fact that most girls don't have the tenacity and wherewithal to stick it out.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
WHERE DO I RANK? WHERE DO I RANK?(he yells wildly raising his hand)

I think thats whats special about this board, its honest communication for the most part between sexes

you can be open as long as your respectful and that goes for both women and men

word up hommie g money

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
I was here when the womens board was being refinangled. It sounded good and I was training to compete at the time and I looked forward to a forum where the issues that came up could be discussed. With other women.

When the usual list of male suspects signed up I didn't see the point. A hundred boards on Getbig but the blokes wanted in here too. It didn't seem right, but I am at a complete loss as to how it could be run fairly to all parties what with the Fifth Amendment and all. Then things got busy in real life and I wasn't here for a while.

And what the hey, the board is still here albeit a little quiet at times.

I'll try and post more when I can but it's not a woman's board if blokes are posting. It's just a more stringently moderated section of Getbig.

8)
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
So we have 5 or 6 maybe 7 women and how many 000's of men lusting after us

madly xL

Uh, I have yet to see a poster "lusting" after you, dear.

insanely
chaos
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
I was here when the womens board was being refinangled. It sounded good and I was training to compete at the time and I looked forward to a forum where the issues that came up could be discussed. With other women.

When the usual list of male suspects signed up I didn't see the point. A hundred boards on Getbig but the blokes wanted in here too. It didn't seem right, but I am at a complete loss as to how it could be run fairly to all parties what with the Fifth Amendment and all. Then things got busy in real life and I wasn't here for a while.

And what the hey, the board is still here albeit a little quiet at times.

I'll try and post more when I can but it's not a woman's board if blokes are posting. It's just a more stringently moderated section of Getbig.

8)
Thats because it is still GETBIG...

again men dont have a board all to themselves, women are allowed to post on any board they feel like. why is it that a board dedicated to more feminane topics and discussions isnt enough?

why must all males be banquished?

w8m8

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

again men dont have a board all to themselves, women are allowed to post on any board they feel like. why is it that a board dedicated to more feminane topics and discussions isnt enough?why must all males be banquished?

It's enough ... it's great the way it is ... it's a Bodybuilding website/forum .. if women need a have a haven where no men can be permitted then I'm not sure this type of environment is going to supply it ... I come here for the mix .. I don't like being confined / restricted and required to maintain a certain decorum .. I can when I have to .. but I come here for a good time

w8m8

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »

weird ... ummm yeah .. but not as weird as I feel replying to one of your posts

I remember being asked that by a girl here a long time ago in a pm .. and it freaked me the heck out .. I didn't come back for awhile

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »
weird ... ummm yeah .. but not as weird as I feel replying to one of your posts

I remember being asked that by a girl here a long time ago in a pm .. and it freaked me the heck out .. I didn't come back for awhile
Which girl asked you that? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

w8m8

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Which girl asked you that? :D

Sally's friend ...

chaos

• Getbig V
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »
Uh, I have yet to see a poster "lusting" after you, dear.

insanely
chaos
i second that....even with meds i might only be able to obtain a semi over that she beast...

bench

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2011, 11:04:18 PM »

again men dont have a board all to themselves, women are allowed to post on any board they feel like. why is it that a board dedicated to more feminane topics and discussions isnt enough?

why must all males be banquished?

Yeah it is still GETBIG.

When it was being discussed I got the impression of something different, is all. None of my friends are into BB and I don't talk to anyone at the gym, (I go after hours when its pretty much empty). I looked forward to a version of a Getbig board where it was women sass talking each other and hashing out working out issues. I'd like to see more ladies contributing because I would love to learn from them and contribute when I have something to say.

Your mileage may vary.

:)
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 05:09:00 AM »
I'm an Approved Male Poster!!  :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
Yeah it is still GETBIG.

When it was being discussed I got the impression of something different, is all. None of my friends are into BB and I don't talk to anyone at the gym, (I go after hours when its pretty much empty). I looked forward to a version of a Getbig board where it was women sass talking each other and hashing out working out issues. I'd like to see more ladies contributing because I would love to learn from them and contribute when I have something to say.

Your mileage may vary.

:)
ok i wasnt around when the discussion was going on so i dont know the ins and outs of that but i can definitely understand your other points and there are still many women here that can help with advice...

rip is both a power lifter and BB and does quite well at both, stella/bb either competes or has in the passed, L is quite knowledgable on nutrition, newmom also has alot of personal experience with weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle, and if you feel like you need to be sassed go disagree with 24kt/jag im sure she will belittle you until you fill fullfilled.

Also simply because we have XY chromosomes doesnt mean we cant give exercise advice to females many of us have had girlfriends/wives who we have helped get into shape or who worked out with us so we actually may have a different perspective that may help you IF we are given the chance to contribute.

newmom

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 07:33:44 AM »
ok i wasnt around when the discussion was going on so i dont know the ins and outs of that but i can definitely understand your other points and there are still many women here that can help with advice...

rip is both a power lifter and BB and does quite well at both, stella/bb either competes or has in the passed, L is quite knowledgable on nutrition, newmom also has alot of personal experience with weight loss and living a healthy lifestyle, and if you feel like you need to be sassed go disagree with 24kt/jag im sure she will belittle you until you fill fullfilled.

Also simply because we have XY chromosomes doesnt mean we cant give exercise advice to females many of us have had girlfriends/wives who we have helped get into shape or who worked out with us so we actually may have a different perspective that may help you IF we are given the chance to contribute.

Nicely put Tony (thank you by the way). Marcie I also understand what you mean, but this board, most male posters are NOT rude to the ladies here. MD has some great lady boards with some great posters and advice also. GB and MD are completely different boards but both can be beneficial and lots of laughs