Author Topic: About this, our "Girly Board"? ButterBean? Princess L? Laura? Hello Ron?  (Read 11082 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
You've a new poster who is asking whether you have a Female place?

Whether or not she's legit or a gimmick (99% of the initial response to her, here on the Girly Board is horrid)!

I still feel very strongly about the way in which this, our Girly Board is not appropriate.  It's awful.  

It simply doesn't work.

When we campaigned for it a few years ago, I thought we'd get just women and be able to forgo the ignorant rude men.  No, okay, men may post.  (Sarcasm, wit, a 180 perspective and humour welcome, perhaps, you've decided to allow men to rule.  I've tried so hard to accept that a Girly Board wouldn't work without everyone allowed.  But it doesn't work, the irritation level is massive, it's horrid.

I asked umpteen times whether you'd just allow female posters.
That isn't going to happen, which, I guess is fine.

So Ron? how about you only allow females to post new topics?  Think about it?  The daft men would go back to their other multiple boards maybe?  They've got hundreds.  We were given this one board "to be safe and unbashed".  Yeah right !

Instead it's mostly low-IQ tostesterone voyuer wanker rubbish

madly
xL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: About this, our "Girly Board"? ButterBean? Princess L? Laura? Hello Ron?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 10:12:56 AM »
You know what Linda?  At first I posted this in the wrong spot--like the main gossip and opinions part.  I think that's where most of the mean guy stuff came from.  It got moved over to the Women's section and then it was better.  So anyway, yeah, thanks for sticking up for me!! But I think a lot of those first few posts were from when I had it up in the wrong spot.  I threw myself to the wolves!! Haha

That's right it is a moved thread xxxLinda.

SammieGirl, you can have the option of me leaving the thread intact but I could move it to General (under Gossip and Opinions) or I could leave it here and clean it up by deleting a bunch of posts...whichever you want...let me know!

And Linda....since you ask for a women-only board every time you show up here once in a blue moon, how about you can have your own personal thread that you can ask that no men should post in it?  

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:36:45 AM »
I apologise profusely sTella/ButtBeen for upsetting you or whatever or causing more work for you

Think I'm being misunderstood again.  Whatever.  I ought to be used to it by now.

Look at:  It's a Girly Board and we must scroll/troll through much dross, it'd be nice to have a safe place, that's all

take care darlin'
Merry Everything and Happy Always
madly
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
That's right it is a moved thread xxxLinda.

SammieGirl, you can have the option of me leaving the thread intact but I could move it to General (under Gossip and Opinions) or I could leave it here and clean it up by deleting a bunch of posts...whichever you want...let me know!

And Linda....since you ask for a women-only board every time you show up here once in a blue moon, how about you can have your own personal thread that you can ask that no men should post in it?  

sTella/BB, I think you've confused us 'gimmicks'?

Which sadly makes me feel confused:  Surely gimmicks stand out immediately and die-hard www forum users will clock them in an instant?  

Maybe Ron works you too hard and you've not enough time to figure out or differentiate between posters (even though you only have like 15 women and they ought be made welcome?

Sorry again but:  Sammie asked whether she'd been moved.  I did not.  I never (dare not) go near the men's bits any more.  She's new here on our lovely Girly Board.

A decent polite fair Girly Board will never happen.  Disappointing but true.  But at least it's sometimes funny

xL

No wonder 50% of the women (that's like 7 in a week?) you enable or welcome to post here on Girly Getbig are mad.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
LOL sorry linda but alot of guys actually enjoy posting on this board as well for the same reason b/c its got females on it...sometimes yes even we with Y chromosomes need advice from the fairer sex ;)

this board is moderated quite well by stella and L if i may say so myself and absurd comments/threads are moved and their posters reprimanded if need be.

sorry you feel that simply having males post on this board is somehow offensive but if it makes you feel any better the men dont have a male only board either.

my words will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears simply b/c i have a Y chromosome dispite the legitimate points and statements ive made here...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »

sTella/BB, I think you've confused us 'gimmicks'?

Which sadly makes me feel confused:  Surely gimmicks stand out immediately and die-hard www forum users will clock them in an instant?  

Maybe Ron works you too hard and you've not enough time to figure out or differentiate between posters (even though you only have like 15 women and they ought be made welcome?

Sorry again but:  Sammie asked whether she'd been moved.  I did not.  I never (dare not) go near the men's bits any more.  She's new here on our lovely Girly Board.

A decent polite fair Girly Board will never happen.  Disappointing but true.  But at least it's sometimes funny

xL

No wonder 50% of the women (that's like 7 in a week?) you enable or welcome to post here on Girly Getbig are mad.

I don't think you and Sammie are the same person....but I did address both of you in the same post LOL

I'll try not to do that again ;D
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:00:39 PM »
dammit,I'm on the allowed to post list >:(

.....holy shit,I made a list awhile ago and didn't even know it :o 8)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 01:05:13 PM »
Kill the Girlie Board

If Calvin (who always seemed somewhat sensible, very shy, rather rude, perhaps young (isn't he in the Army) was recently banned, and he was one of the top 3% of polite male posters on the Girlie board what is the world coming to?

And why?

Guess I missed something.

Irregardless, you'll have to put up with the male posters until you find maybe 20+ women.  30 or 40 or even Fifty would be wonderful
xL

This is not, nor ever has been, a Female womanly girlie place.  Sad attempt. 

If you could even find 15-20 women to endorse GetBig GirlBoard (and I'll give you 3 weeks or a month!) I'll be surprised. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 01:18:46 PM »
Linda,

I’ve been trying to understand your concern regarding this board.  Over the years, it seems to have operated quite well.  I’m fairly confident the women we’ve ‘lost’ has not been directly related to this board.  That said, (I HATE that phrase) there’s probably room for improvement and/or changes.

What specifically do you have a problem with?  Just the fact that men are allowed to post here???  ‘Horrid’ is a very strong word, and perhaps you don’t intend it to be as strong as (I) am receiving it.  Maybe Stella and Laura have been quick to correct, but I really can’t recall any horrendous behavior that wasn’t dealt with in a timely fashion.  The men that post here are generally friendly, witty, respectful and kind.  

We do need to maintain some semblance of Getbig flavor, otherwise we may as well chug on over to mamby pamby land (sorry, you probably didn’t get that).  Sadly, we lost Original Sin last year who wasn’t afraid to speak her mind.  Meanwhile, “we’re” working on the rest, including you!  Don’t stay away for such long stretches  ;)
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
Kill the Girlie Board

If Calvin (who always seemed somewhat sensible, very shy, rather rude, perhaps young (isn't he in the Army) was recently banned, and he was one of the top 3% of polite male posters on the Girlie board what is the world coming to?

And why?

You did.  Clavin was never banned  ;)

Irregardless, you'll have to put up with the male posters until you find maybe 20+ women.  30 or 40 or even Fifty would be wonderful
xL

If you could even find 15-20 women to endorse GetBig GirlBoard (and I'll give you 3 weeks or a month!) I'll be surprised. 

You would be surprised how many female lurkers there are - apparently too shy to post.
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
Thanks I adore mamby pamby, though I thought that it had connotations of feathers and pink fur and niceness.

Girly things:  complete honesty without horridness (yes horrid is a nasty word and if you can't make a comment in a polite though funny way, don't say it.

Thanks Princess (Have you heard the new Brit joke?  this is going to run and run:  You say "You're not f**king Royalty" !

This is the funniest line I've heard for ages, or since yesterday.  You can use it any place any time

gimme a sec

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 01:31:50 PM »
Too shy to post?

They're scared off by the male hormones and lack of females.  Who welcomes any woman or treats her politely (or even remotely fairly?

I reiterate:  if there were a safe woman's place/board or even one lonely thread, you'd love it

xL

w8m8

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »

I reiterate:  if there were a safe woman's place/board or even one lonely thread, you'd love itxL

Brilliant idea !!!! we could name it Linda's thread  ;D

gawd I missed you  :-*

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
Kill the Girlie Board

And why?

xL

WHERE DO I RANK? WHERE DO I RANK?(he yells wildly raising his hand)

I think thats whats special about this board, its honest communication for the most part between sexes

you can be open as long as your respectful and that goes for both women and men

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
Brilliant idea !!!! we could name it Linda's thread  ;D

gawd I missed you  :-*

can you whack that 5* pink job on me please.  I want one badly now.

How do we join that club?

send me the gif, or put it up as my avatar please?  s'ok I got it,but can you now change it to XV or XX?

Round up 15 or 20 real women !

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »
WHERE DO I RANK? WHERE DO I RANK?(he yells wildly raising his hand)

Think they tried that originally when they instigated our Girly Board:  Men would apply then agree to be nice or uphold rules or whatever and mods would welcome them. I got excited when they invented the Girly Board, thinking it'd be nice.

Noone was denied and within a week or two every  bloke on Getbig had signed up to the Girly Board.  Within a month there wasn't a voyuer or who didn't peruse the Girly Board.  It was made seedy and rude within 3 hours of it's birth.  

Noone ever treated the 'Female Woman Girly safe (no unprovoked attacks board' in any way shape or form with respect.

w8m8

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
can you whack that 5* pink job on me please.  I want one badly now.

How do we join that club?

send me the gif, or put it up as my avatar please? 

Round up 15 or 20 real women !

xL

copy this ..

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/697fk316/tg.png

leave it set as a .png.. ( it remains perfect that way )

then paste the address into where the arrows show here :
under forum profile information in your profile

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
Think they tried that originally when they instigated our Girly Board:  Men would apply then agree to be nice or uphold rules or whatever and mods would welcome them. I got excited when they invented the Girly Board, thinking it'd be nice.

Noone was denied and within a week or two every sad bloke on Getbig had signed up to the Girly Board.  Within a month there wasn't a voyuer or wanker or short ugly bodybuilder who didn't peruse the Girly Board.  It was made seedy and rude within 3 hours of it's birth.  

Noone ever treated the 'Female Woman Girly safe (no unprovoked attacks board' in any way shape or form with respect.
you didnt answer my question?

I dont see many if any unprovoked attacks on this board and if they do occur they are dealt with promptly.

i think what you see as unprovoked attacks may be at times just someone giving another a good olf fashioned ribbing, nothing meant to be mean but just to make fun in a everyone laughs kinda way.

the women that post here all have special places in getbigs heart, they have paid their dues(some more than others) and are respected for it..

NOBODY gets welcomed nicely here LOL male or female...so i think what youre asking for goes against the very essence of getbig.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 03:18:43 PM »
I have an 11-year old purple iMac.  I never click links or spam,

this puter I've had since it's birth and I've loved for so very long might die on the spot.

madly
xL

don't trust anyone or anything. if it ain't broke don't fix it.  download nothing 'xcept your requests.

w8m8

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
I have an 11-year old purple iMac.  I never click links or spam,

this puter I've had since it's birth and I've loved for so very long might die on the spot.

madly
xL

don't trust anyone or anything. if it ain't broke don't fix it.  download nothing 'xcept your requests.

here's me thinking it was a request ... but whatever .. it's all good .. for YEARS you've wanted to know how to get an avatar ... if you can't comprehend those simplistic instructions .. then I am sorry I couldn't being any simpler for you .. lol

I can't wait to see you on a Monday  ;D

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
LOL sorry linda but alot of guys actually enjoy posting on this board as well for the same reason b/c its got females on it...sometimes yes even we with Y chromosomes need advice from the fairer sex ;)

the men dont have a male only board either.

my words will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears

I'd meant to get back to you and commiserate, but had decided you were another of the nice 3% of blokes who don't require or demand attention.

You've a big time male board, this is a Girls thread which sadly doesn't exist.
Give us your honest impression of our lovely Girlie Board?  Go on, tell us.  

I've decided I should ask every bloke who posts here if I've time.  Or better still, a mod ought.

You could do an anonymous poll and get maybe 500-thousand blokes voting there's no woman's board, 99-1 it's a man. maybe 99.9%

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 03:35:12 PM »
I'd meant to get back to you and commiserate, but had decided you were another of the nice 3% of blokes who don't require or demand attention.

You've a big time male board, this is a Girls thread which sadly doesn't exist.
Give us your honest impression of our lovely Girlie Board?  Go on, tell us.  

I've decided I should ask every bloke who posts here if I've time.  Or better still, a mod ought.

You could do an anonymous poll and get maybe 500-thousand blokes voting there's no woman's board, 99-1 it's a man. maybe 99.9%
well it depends on how you define "womens" board? if you define it as you see to want to do as a board where only women can post then no you dont have a womens board, BUT then again there are no boards on getbig that are strictly male boards either...ive seen women post on every single board on getbig

if you define it as a board for female topics moderated by strictly females then yes we do have a womens board.

I personally like this board, its probably the board i post in the most after politics and sports and when football is over it will move up to 2nd  ;D

I think its moderated quite well and the posters are 99% of the time very respectful and polite.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »
well it depends on how you define "womens" board? if you define it as you see to want to do as a board where only women can post then no you dont have a womens board, BUT then again there are no boards on getbig that are strictly male boards either...ive seen women post on every single board on getbig

if you define it as a board for female topics moderated by strictly females then yes we do have a womens board.

I personally like this board, its probably the board i post in the most after politics and sports and when football is over it will move up to 2nd  ;D

I think its moderated quite well and the posters are 99% of the time very respectful and polite.

I doubt I'll give up. 

Nevertheless, I'll query your 99% though and accept 51pc which I figure is the best you can expect...

madly xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
you didnt answer my question?

UNprovoked attacks may be at times just someone giving another a good olf fashioned ribbing, nothing meant to be mean but just to make fun in a everyone laughs kinda way.

what unprovocative?  you lot all just lust.  

What women?  there are maybe 3.

not including me.

sTella changes her name.  thats +1 and -1.
Laura Lee allows Mike to post in her name.  that's -3

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
what unprovocative?  you lot all just lust. 

What women?  there are maybe 3.

not including me.

sTella changes her name.  thats +1 and -1.
Laura Lee allows Mike to post in her name.  that's -3
huh??? who said anything about that?

w8m8, stella/bb, medford(although she doesnt post much), rip, newmoms, L, laura, you

thats 7 and others have come and gone...

sorry Linda again what youre asking for to me goes against getbig, you might as well be asking to change the whole culture of getbig...