Author Topic: the face book addiction  (Read 6848 times)

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: the face book addiction
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
I have a facebook fan page. Buy a fucking painting - http://www.facebook.com/pages/JamesBoucherFineArt/319615256723?ref=mf

As I said, I'm really impressed with your work. Makes me want to start drawing again!

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 12:32:50 PM »
I used to be on FB all the time. I still go on fairly often, but just to check things out and make the odd wiseass comment or two.
Like a lot of things for me, the thrill runs it's course after awhile. I enjoy keeping in touch with friends, but don't obsess about it.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
I think getbig hates facebook, not because it's stupid and lame  ::), because it's not, it's super awesome.

getbiggers have a hard time representing themselves with pics, videos etc... in facebook it's normal... so all these goblin men and dwarf mutants that dwell here are afraid that place.

ofcourse I could be full of shit, what do I know.
;D laser like precision my friend

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
 :D "facebook is super awesome" lol

:-X

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
let me guess, you had 2000 mafia and farmwillve friends  ::)

what about 500 friends that you know from your school, parties, work, gym? in actual person?

lol, fail

422 friends currently. And I know 98% of them personally. From school and work mostly. And family. And I don't play any of those silly games...

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 04:27:26 PM »
I cant think of 10 people(let alone hundreds) I would care to stay in contact with that I don't already see on a daily/weekly basis....Really weird to put your whole life out there like that...And people have the nerve to bitch about big brother and or privacy...please...If your on facebook u have takin your privacy/anonymity and threw it out the window...
DAWG

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 04:35:32 PM »
I use those sites for business/exposure.. but I cant stand them.

A bunch of losers typing *status updates* about any little mundane happening in their worthless life.. or any moronic thought that enters their pea-brained head. As if anyone gives a shit.

Facebook makes me cringe.

C r i n g e . . .

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
I had one for 5 days or so. Then I realized I really don't give a shit about other ppl and their boring lives so I deleted it. If I care to really interact with my friends then I already have their phone number.

Once in awhile my wife shows me a picture or something on there. The status upates of "I had salad and a steak for dinner, yum" lol. I guess other ppl really care about that?  ::)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »
I met my gf through facebook.

She is my sisters friend started chatting etc.

So one good thing out of the past year and a half and countless other 500hrs wasted on it. It is handy though but sometimes you waste too much time.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »
its for stalking girls end of story.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2011, 06:05:08 PM »
 Yup. Facebook is for fucking losers.

Now, let me refresh my getbig window and see what new posts have been made in the last 60 seconds.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 06:06:50 PM »
:D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »

Went through it, then did a total withdrawal and have been in complete control ever since.

There will be no relapse.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 06:20:06 PM »
Went through it, then did a total withdrawal and have been in complete control ever since.

There will be no relapse.

far more muscle chicas looking for a schmoe---then there are the chicks on the LBL,

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »
I had no idea there were so many cage fighters in my area til I started up an account there.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 06:27:19 PM »
I had no idea there were so many cage fighters in my area til I started up an account there.

Nowadays cage fighting is like baseball, almost everybody does it. It's become completely mainstream.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
Facebook comments are golden.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2011, 01:00:57 AM »
It's a part of the lifestyle of the upcoming generation who are in their teens and 20s now. Conceptually, it's no different than Getbig, except it has the opposite kind of atmosphere where everyone is nice to each other (for most parts), since it's just people having online conversations with their friends and sharing stuff like pics and related interests.

As with Getbig and other forums, there are those who post trivial, mindless shit, but that's what it is for. The friend finder thing is a big plus for lots of people, since it lets them find people they've fallen out of touch with. It also allows businesses to easily interact with and engage their clientele and prospects for pretty much zero cost and little effort, and is a lot more effective than media advertising. Facebook is HUGE and here to stay.

I still love Getbig and prefer killing time here, though ;D I never post in FB.

Oh noes!  Mebbe I'm old!  ;D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »