Author Topic: PBW adds Lee Thompson & Chad Nicholls to fill Bob's Spot  (Read 68400 times)

Insider X

• Getbig II
PBW adds Lee Thompson & Chad Nicholls to fill Bob's Spot
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
From Lee Thompson (via Twitter)

I have the great honor of attempting to fill the shoes of Bob Chic as the new Co-Host of Pro Bodybuilding Weekly! The 7th season and my first show with Dan and Chad Nichols next Monday night! Check us out www.Probodybuildingweekl y.com!

Edit from Ron from 240:

Just got word.  Sponsor conflicts finally caught up with Bob Chick.  Now a BSN spokesman (MuscleTech Rival) and long gone from Bodybuilding.com. Change was inevitable.  Best of Luck to Bob.  

Lee and Chad land the gig, will join Dan for new 3-Man Booth.  Good choices.  Chad knows the industry inside and out.  Been around the block. His seminars were pretty awesome a few years back.  The guy knows his shit.  Not as much of a company man as Bob.  So I guess thats a good thing.  And Thompson is a top dog insider.  Yep, change is good.  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Bob Chick out of PBW Radio - Lee Thompson In!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
Was Bob let go? Or did he just move on?

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »

Bob has his own new show in 2011 - the BSN video show - do tell us more on the new show!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
BHAHAHAHAHA  Good ole bubba,  perfect example of everything that is wrong with bodybuilding.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PBW adds Lee Thompson & Chad Nicholls to fill Bob's Spot
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:55 AM »

Just got word.  Sponsor conflicts finally caught up with Bob Chick.  Now a BSN spokesman (MuscleTech Rival) and long gone from Bodybuilding.com. Change was inevitable.  Best of Luck to Bob. 

Lee and Chad land the gig, will join Dan for new 3-Man Booth.  Good choices.  Chad knows the industry inside and out.  Been around the block. His seminars were pretty awesome a few years back.  The guy knows his shit.  Not as much of a company man as Bob.  So I guess thats a good thing.  And Thompson is a top dog insider.  Yep, change is good. 

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »

Just got word.  Sponsor conflicts finally caught up with Bob Chick.  Now a BSN spokesman (MuscleTech Rival) and long gone from Bodybuilding.com. Change was inevitable.  Best of Luck to Bob.  

Lee and Chad land the gig, will join Dan for new 3-Man Booth.  Good choices.  Chad knows the industry inside and out.  Been around the block. His seminars were pretty awesome a few years back.  The guy knows his shit.  Not as much of a company man as Bob.  So I guess thats a good thing.  And Thompson is a top dog insider.  Yep, change is good.  

Smells fishy. Bob Chic was on the show for months as a BSN spokesman and was no problem.

TexasBUBBA is back!

Enjoy your dish...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
This should be cool - first PBW show with the new crew is next Monday evening.  Will miss Bob, as he defiantely added some interesting elements to the radio show, and when he and Dan started, this was an original concept, and helped built it to the powerhouse it is today.  

And of course, will support Bob on whatever 'new' adventures is coming up from him.  

As for Chad Nichols and Lee Thompson - Lee is definately in tune with the industry and has his own style of making the show interesting.  Since Lee, obviously, cannot talk about anything regarding who will place at contests, Chad will be working on that.   Will be interesting also to hear Lee's commentary after the contest has taken place as too why someone placed the way they did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
I'm looking fwd to what the Chad will bring to the table.  Who peaked, who missed it, why... how so-and-so achieves suicidal conditioning.  And his year of working with Ronnie, Wheeler, and others...

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
If this is due to sponsor conflict, then that's a petty excuse.  Hopefully, Bob left because he wanted to. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:45 AM »

7th season??  Wow!  Congrats to Dan for hanging in there for so long and bringing what was once an unheard of concept to such great heights...and for finally dumping Bob (GETBIG!!)

;D

Just kidding - you both deserve tremendous credit and Bob, I wish you well as you move on to the next chapter of your post-competitive career.  Although I don't have any experience in live radio myself, I do know how tough it is to remain fresh and interesting year-after-year and oftentimes, a major change like this is good just to keep yourself from burning out.

I don't get to listen often, but I look forward to what Dan and his new crew will bring in 2011 and look forward to more dynamic discussions here on the boards about the topics you guys will be covering throughout the year.

All the best,
Tre' Scott
femflex.com
(no schmoe)

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
Why do you call it pro bodybuilding weekly when it's not even weekly?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »
This should be cool - first PBW show with the new crew is next Monday evening.  Will miss Bob, as he defiantely added some interesting elements to the radio show, and when he and Dan started, this was an original concept, and helped built it to the powerhouse it is today.  

And of course, will support Bob on whatever 'new' adventures is coming up from him.  

As for Chad Nichols and Lee Thompson - Lee is definately in tune with the industry and has his own style of making the show interesting.  Since Lee, obviously, cannot talk about anything regarding who will place at contests, Chad will be working on that.   Will be interesting also to hear Lee's commentary after the contest has taken place as too why someone placed the way they did.

Ron,

Mark my words, that show will turn into complete garbage in less than a year.  Even by combining the potential talent that is brought forth by Dan, Lee and Chad, you will not even have a toejam's worth of Bob's talent on that show.

Bob made that show what it was.  He is the only IFBB pro that is capable of MC'ing events, hosting talkshows, promoting movies, videos and all things media.

Big mistake..
"1"

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »
First, Bob will be missed. He was great on the show, but I know Bob has other big plans for the future!

Second, I think Lee Thompson is a great choice. Anyone who has heard Lee on OFF TOPIC Radio and PBW before knows Lee is great on the radio. Some people just have natural talent, and Lee is one of those people. Lee will add a whole new aspect by actually being able to tell the listeners what the judges were thinking and what they were looking for at shows. He can actually give us the judges perspective, firsthand.

I, for one, can't wait to hear what new things the 7th season of PBW will bring!
A

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 03:20:59 PM »
A few short years ago Lee was happily married with kids. He then adandons his family and starts banging ex figure pro Val Waugaman.

Fast forward a year and he's now married to another figure pro Stacey Thompson.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »
A few short years ago Lee was happily married with kids.

He then abandons the family and starts banging ex figure pro Val Waugaman.

Fast forward a year and he's now married to another figure pro Stacey Thompson.

I follow you chief..

In other words, what you're saying is that if he is unable to stay true to any one woman or family, he won't have the willpower to stay true to PBW..

Good deductive reasoning!

"1"

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
A few short years ago Lee was happily married with kids. He then adandons his family and starts banging ex figure pro Val Waugaman. Fast forward a year and he's now married to another figure pro Stacey Thompson.

this is just a tip of the iceburg of what bubba has been into

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
They already changed the Hosts information on PBW

http://probodybuildingweekly.com/hosts21.htm

A few short years ago Lee was happily married with kids. He then adandons his family and starts banging ex figure pro Val Waugaman. Fast forward a year and he's now married to another figure pro Stacey Thompson.

No way he abandoned his family, he is a loving father to his kids, and is quite devoted to them.  As for marriage, unfortuantely, 50% of all marriages in the US end up in divorce.  Lee just ended up on one side over the other.  As for Valerie, they were an item after they were separated, but that is private, so let's leave it at that.  Things didnt' work out with Valerie, and Lee enjoyed dating (why not), but eventually, he found Stacey, and they have been together for a while, and got married.

Lee excels in business, and as for PBW, he will do quite well this season, along with Chad.  First show - next Monday night.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

So, V-Dubs is single?? 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »

Who would you prefer to have on the show, Bob or Chad & Lee? 

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Its hard to believe they pulled the plugs on Bob.  

I hope he is able to use his talents to plugs himself in elsewhere on the radio.

Its a shame that sponsorship plugs has forced this change.

Perhaps there is a way for him to plugs BSN and return in the future.

Hopefully another radio show can plugs him in to their lineup.    

Then he could do plugs for other sponsors as well.  

Because Bobs plugs are top notch.

Nobody plugs like Bob Chick.

Nobody has plugs like Bob Chick.

Best plugs in the business.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
So, V-Dubs is single?? 
Waug was last seen cleaning floors in Ohio.

On an unrelated note...Lonnie Teper gets overlooked again...
Enjoy your dish...

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
Not to be a dick, but who actually listens to these shows?

I used to listen occasionally a couple years ago when heavy muscle radio and off topic were actually interesting but haven't bothered since they both turned to suck.
It's Hip to be Square!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
Not to be a dick, but who actually listens to these shows?

I used to listen occasionally a couple years ago when heavy muscle radio and off topic were actually interesting but haven't bothered since they both turned to suck.

Considering that there are now about 4-5 radio shows that are on, I would say at least 100 people :)

But PBW, being the first, and on a myriad of places, have a much, much higher audience because they have been like, as Stacy Thompson put it on Access Radio, the 'Beatles' of the bodybuilding radio shows.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »
Considering that there are now about 4-5 radio shows that are on, I would say at least 100 people :)

But PBW, being the first, and on a myriad of places, have a much, much higher audience because they have been like, as Stacy Thompson put it on Access Radio, the 'Beatles' of the bodybuilding radio shows.

Ron the consistent kiss ass.

Coming from a woman who didn't even know her husband had the job until Singer told her... not the most credible source to cite.

No one cares about "bodybuilding radio"... fact.

::)
Enjoy your dish...

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »
Who would you prefer to have on the show, Bob or Chad & Lee? 

Bob all the way, he's more entertaining and witty. Now, if Chad were to go into detail on his past and present clients that'd be a different story. Who wouldn't love to hear the details of Ronnie or Cormier's prep?