Author Topic: PBW adds Lee Thompson & Chad Nicholls to fill Bob's Spot  (Read 68394 times)

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW adds Lee Thompson & Chad Nicholls to fill Bob's Spot
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
Bob all the way, he's more entertaining and witty. Now, if Chad were to go into detail on his past and present clients that'd be a different story. Who wouldn't love to hear the details of Ronnie or Cormier's prep?

My point was that Ron is spinning this as a positive change, but most listeners would prefer to have Bob on the show.  Bob's the Simon Cowell of PBW and replacing him with Lee & Chad will be a snooze fest. 

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »
My point was that Ron is spinning this as a positive change, but most listeners would prefer to have Bob on the show.  Bob's the Simon Cowell of PBW and replacing him with Lee & Chad will be a snooze fest. 

I agree to an extent. The stuff that we really would like to hear from Chad will never be said.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
Didnt Lee Thompson make some fitness slut smash him out so she can get a plastic trophy ? hahahhaha nice 'industry'...faker than Santa Claus' naughty or nice list ..
L

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
I only listened to the show because of Bobert....true story...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
rumour has it that Bob was forced to step down over a scandal involving exagerations of his true height

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
I agree to an extent. The stuff that we really would like to hear from Chad will never be said.

Exactly. I can almost hear the promo now.

"The good news is we have Chad Nicholls...who designed the Uber dose steroid cycles for guys like Flex Wheeler, Ronnie Coleman, Gunther Schlierkamp, Victor Martinez and many more. He could tell you the exact doses, stacks and last minute chemical preps used by the top Olympia champs..what diueretics they use..doses of insulin, IGF1, GH, thyroid meds, plasma expanders... The bad news is...... he won't be mentioning any of that stuff. Instead he'll be promoting some useless supplements . Enjoy!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »

Official Press Release is on this link

http://www.getbig.com/headlines/2011/01/17/pbw-announces-changes-for-2011/

Coming from a woman who didn't even know her husband had the job until Singer told her... not the most credible source to cite.

Nice rumor - but obviously, we heard otherwise, and kept it quiet. This was done in a day now. 

My point was that Ron is spinning this as a positive change, but most listeners would prefer to have Bob on the show. Bob's the Simon Cowell of PBW and replacing him with Lee & Chad will be a snooze fest.

Of course, why be a sourpuss on it, and be all negative on a change. Things happen, there were conflicts and differences, and now, we have two more industry people who have good knowledge.  We will see how interesting it is after a few episodes.

On an unrelated note...Lonnie Teper gets overlooked again...

Had lunch with Lonnie today at the 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant here near the Van Nuys airport, and the problem is simple.  Lonnie Teper is a college teacher for the past 20+ years, who during school season, works on Monday night, making it hard to be available on a 'live' committed radio show.  He has been offered a radio show before, and even now, since he knows so much about the industry, is on various radio shows commentating (just was on All Access on Monday).  Yes, some of us do have to be at work on Mondays.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:52 PM »
Will Lee Thompson actually be on the show or will it be his brother in law?

I liked Bob on the show so I doubt I will actually listen to the new version.  I must say that the choice in new hosts seems dubious at best.  I hope it's not just an ego project.

With all the new shows coming out this month....will have to be top notch or it will miss out on dozens of listeners.   ;D

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
Considering that there are now about 4-5 radio shows that are on, I would say at least 100 people :)

But PBW, being the first, and on a myriad of places, have a much, much higher audience because they have been like, as Stacy Thompson put it on Access Radio, the 'Beatles' of the bodybuilding radio shows.

ACCESS BODYBUILDING, Ron... Get it right!
A

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

Had lunch with Lonnie today at the 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant here near the Van Nuys airport, and the problem is simple.  Lonnie Teper is a college teacher for the past 20+ years, who during school season, works on Monday night, making it hard to be available on a 'live' committed radio show.  He has been offered a radio show before, and even now, since he knows so much about the industry, is on various radio shows commentating (just was on All Access on Monday).  Yes, some of us do have to be at work on Mondays.

Lonnie was GREAT on ACCESS BODYBUILDING this week! Talk about a funny, talented, heterosexual...
A

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 06:32:32 PM »
Things happen, there were conflicts and differences, and now, we have two more industry people who have good knowledge.  We will see how interesting it is after a few episodes.

Can you elaborate on the conflicts and differences?  Is it related to Bob having a BSN deal?  If so, it's embarrassing for Dan and PBW to cave into pressure from sponsors.  Lee Thompson isn't a good choice for host because he's an IFBB official.  He's not free to tell it like it is without compromising his position as a judge. 

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »
Can you elaborate on the conflicts and differences?  Is it related to Bob having a BSN deal?  If so, it's embarrassing for Dan and PBW to cave into pressure from sponsors.  Lee Thompson isn't a good choice for host because he's an IFBB official.  He's not free to tell it like it is without compromising his position as a judge. 

Lee explains all of this in the first 10 minutes...

http://www.rxmuscle.com/radio/AccessBB01-17-11.mp3
A

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
haha first bodybuilding.com...now his radio show...lets see how long bsn keeps the geezer around
w

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
So is Bob out of Olympia MC job?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »
Rob had a conflict of interest because he was the pro athletes rep and was critizing them during commentary of the Olympia, etc. That isn't being fair to the athletes.

As far as I am concerned, good riddance.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
He could be out as rep if he isn't careful..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
Rob had a conflict of interest because he was the pro athletes rep and was critizing them during commentary of the Olympia, etc. That isn't being fair to the athletes.

As far as I am concerned, good riddance.

Yeah...that would make sense...if it were 2005, you clueless old fuck

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
So is Bob out of Olympia MC job?

What does the Olympia have to do with PBW?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
Yeah...that would make sense...if it were 2005, you clueless old fuck
Ouch, someone is upset he took it with no lube today. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
Ouch, someone is upset he took it with no lube today. :-\

Why would you care how ImBasile takes it?

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
Team Bob 2011

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
Re: Rumor - Bob Chick Fired From PBW Radio!
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »
no way wud Bob be fired. he's actually pretty good on PBW.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
Does anyone remember the curse of PBW?

It was documented about during the shows first couple of seasons.  It was a long line of people connected or appearing on the show who were suddenly struck down by "bad luck".

Bob & Dan even talked about it on the show.  Craig Titus, Kelly Ryan, King Kamali, Dennis James, Ronnie Coleman, and Chris Cormier all suffered from extreme bad luck after appearing on the show.  I bet the list has even grown longer since 2006.

Peter McGough: You have a physique made for radio, Bob
Chick: Hey! How about that?

Bob: Ronnie Coleman is at a Black-eyed Peas restaurant passed out in a bowl of grits

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »

Peter McGough: You have a physique made for radio, BobChick: Hey! How about that?

Did Peter truly say that?

"1"

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
Appears Robert saw a sinking ship and jumped off. Meanwhile...Chad can explain to texasbubba how to properly use plasma expanders while squeaky solomon shits himself in disbelief...
Enjoy your dish...