Author Topic: Do the fucking 3d movies piss you off ?????  (Read 5277 times)

Stavios

Do the fucking 3d movies piss you off ?????
« on: January 17, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
Damn it I wanted to go see Green Hornet tonight, only to realise it's in 3D once again.... for no fucking reasons.

cartoons in 3D are ok...but damn I actually had a really bad time watching Saw 3D before it was useless and  badly done.

fuck that shit  >:(

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
Re: Do the fucking 3d movies piss you off ?????
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »
yes

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Damn it I wanted to go see Green Hornet tonight, only to realise it's in 3D once again.... for no fucking reasons.

cartoons in 3D are ok...but damn I actually had a really bad time watching Saw 3D before it was useless and  badly done.

fuck that shit  >:(

That was fucking horrible.  >:(

Friday the 13th part three in 3D was better then that shit.
D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
Yes, for most movies it just makes no sense.

I think there are two methods to create a 3D movie, one (the good and expensive one) is to shoot with special 3D cameras, the other is to create 3D effects later on the PC.

"Titans" was totally worthless in 3D, that was also made on the PC afterwards to follow the 3D hype.

3D doesn't make a bad movie good, but i think it can be fun, i liked Avatar a lot. A whole new cinema experience to me.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
That was fucking horrible.  >:(

Friday the 13th part three in 3D was better then that shit.
Well this shit only came out in the last year or so. Directors are gonna have to relearn their art to account for it.

Just think about filming something like an NFL game traditionaly you go for a overhead that show the whole field, yet with depth it's far better to go in with the action and take angles that a person playing the game can see.

For a century the whole idea was to imply depth through the use of angles, now depth must be amplified, while at the same time most camera angles are unnatural and take away from immersion. Don't worry in another 2 or 3 years there will be a movie that makes everyone love 3d forever.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
i like the 3D.....but i hate the damn glasses they give you...ruins the whole damn thing cause they are uncomfortable...

bench

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
jackass 3d was pretty sweet

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
Well this shit only came out in the last year or so. Directors are gonna have to relearn their art to account for it.

Just think about filming something like an NFL game traditionaly you go for a overhead that show the whole field, yet with depth it's far better to go in with the action and take angles that a person playing the game can see.

For a century the whole idea was to imply depth through the use of angles, now depth must be amplified, while at the same time most camera angles are unnatural and take away from immersion. Don't worry in another 2 or 3 years there will be a movie that makes everyone love 3d forever.

Great post!!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
jackass 3d was pretty sweet

3d cock and ass/shit shoots

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »
Only 3d movies i've seen so far are clash of the titans and jackass 3d... my bro saw avatar in 3d and said it was cool shit tho

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
3d cock and ass/shit shoots

yes, the wonders of modern cinematic technology on full display

roccoginge

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 06:35:37 PM »
3d=more $

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
I saw Avatar in Imax 3d and it was fucking AWESOME. As for everything else, i dunno

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:02 PM »
Only 3d movies i've seen so far are clash of the titans and jackass 3d... my bro saw avatar in 3d and said it was cool shit tho
Avatar was made for 3d unlike the others, so it actually makes sense, but I think people are way to focused about action when we think of 3d. In reality it's not the best way to do it, as all the action just leaves you with a headache.

A movie like No Country for old men, would work great in 3d, even those it's more of a drama. The idea using 3d to create immersion is where it's headed not more flashy lights.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »

Last year, huh??

I am pretty sure that Friday the 13th Part 3 came out in 1982. I am pretty sure that 1982 is not new technology.
D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »
Last year, huh??

I am pretty sure that Friday the 13th Part 3 came out in 1982. I am pretty sure that 1982 is not new technology.

Yes but that shit was a joke back then/could only be done in limited venues, the push for 3d tv's really changes things up.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
Yes but that shit was a joke back then/could only be done in limited venues, the push for 3d tv's really changes things up.

Actually it was pretty good and i saw it at a drive in back in 03-04'.
D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
Actually it was pretty good and i saw it at a drive in back in 03-04'.
Lol and I seen some lame dinosaur movie back 98, still wasn't common enough for major studios to look at it, and don't pretend like these were first class film directors,  they were shitty movies sold on a tech.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »
Lol and I seen some lame dinosaur movie back 98, still wasn't common enough for major studios to look at it, and don't pretend like these were first class film directors,  they were shitty movies sold on a tech.

::) ::) ::)

Friday the 13th had a Huge following after the first two and "Friday the 13th Part three" did very well in 1982 in 3D.
D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
::) ::) ::)

Friday the 13th had a Huge following after the first two and "Friday the 13th Part three" did very well in 1982 in 3D.
Woops goggled it was a directors favorite for years. ::)

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 09:54:16 PM »
I saw Resident Evil 3d and it kicked ass non-stop. They key is being super high when you go. Pick and choose what sounds good. Saw has been gay and played out since early 2000. It's never a good idea to see a new saw movie.   ;D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »
I saw Resident Evil 3d and it kicked ass non-stop. They key is being super high when you go. Pick and choose what sounds good. Saw has been gay and played out since early 2000. It's never a good idea to see a new saw movie.   ;D
Agree 3d by itself is nothing special but weed really does make it work. There's actually a large degree of neurological reasoning why weeds makes you better at absorbing new things.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »
Woops goggled it was a directors favorite for years. ::)

Sorry, i do not speak monkey.  ;D
D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 10:47:05 PM »
If it isn't sports, 3D is overrated.
A

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 10:58:36 PM »
From now on every movie released will be in shitty ass '3D' thank the hollywood hype machine and stupid soccer moms.