Author Topic: Schwarzenegger Considers A Return to Film !  (Read 1868 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Schwarzenegger Considers A Return to Film !
« on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
http://blogs.forbes.com/dorothypomerantz/2011/01/18/arnold-schwarzenegger-considers-a-return-to-film/

He didn’t necessarily win rave reviews as governor of California but now it looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger is getting ready to return to his old love: acting.

The Governator, who left office this year, had a small role in last year’s The Expendables where he appeared alongside his old Planet Hollywood buddies Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis. The film was a hit earning $275 million on an estimated budget of $80 million.

Slash Film reports today that Schwarzenegger told the Austrian website Krone that he has been reading scripts and is particularly interested in one about an older soldier who is ordered to kill a bunch of kids but instead saves them. Slash Film believes Schwarzenegger is referred to a script called With Wings as Eagles.
   Schwarzenegger also said he’d like to model his career on Clint Eastwood (also a former politician) and start to focus more on his acting instead of just action.

Older stars are seeing a resurgence in Hollywood these days. Summit Entertainment just commissioned a sequel to the movie Red which starred Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman. The film earned a respectable $165 million at the box office. And one of the hottest stars on TV, Betty White, just turned 89

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Schwarzenegger Considers A Return to Film !
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
pumping iron 2

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
Lol I love how he compares inselves to old guys that can actually act ::)

But no worries he`ll be 64 before his next film comes out. It`d be nice to see him in a few movies, like AVatar 2, expendables 2 etc. Another inglorious bastards type would be great two. 

But he won`t look good, more of a novelty than anything else.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »
http://blogs.forbes.com/dorothypomerantz/2011/01/18/arnold-schwarzenegger-considers-a-return-to-film/

He didn’t necessarily win rave reviews as governor of California but now it looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger is getting ready to return to his old love: acting.

The Governator, who left office this year, had a small role in last year’s The Expendables where he appeared alongside his old Planet Hollywood buddies Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis. The film was a hit earning $275 million on an estimated budget of $80 million.

Slash Film reports today that Schwarzenegger told the Austrian website Krone that he has been reading scripts and is particularly interested in one about an older soldier who is ordered to kill a bunch of kids but instead saves them. Slash Film believes Schwarzenegger is referred to a script called With Wings as Eagles.
  &guy also said he’d like to model his career on Clint Eastwood (also a former politician) and start to focus more on his acting instead of just action.

Older stars are seeing a resurgence in Hollywood these days. Summit Entertainment just commissioned a sequel to the movie Red which starred Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman. The film earned a respectable $165 million at the box office. And one of the hottest stars on TV, Betty White, just turned 89

For what??? He's done it all. What more is there to do? He's made million upon millions.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
Lol I love how he compares inselves to old guys that can actually act ::)

But...Arnold is an old guy who happens to act very well.

The reason he became so successful in his life (Olympia, Movies, Politics, Restaurants etc.) isn't because he was a smart man by way of pure intellect or even because he was a true actor, the likes of Anthony Hopkins or Tom Hanks.  He became successful because he is able to ACT the part that is necessary for all these roles, add to that his overconfident, dare I say cocky, ways.

Arnold is the type of guy that if he applied for a job, on his resume he would place over a hundred skills desired for the job that he has no experience with, but after he is hired, he would pretend to know those skills and would either just pick them up as they are required of him or would coerce/bully a weaker individual in the workplace to do it for him.  

In the end, no one would know any better regarding his true potential, but what everyone does know is that he places a huge value on his personal worth.  A value that in his case has gotten him VERY far.

"1"

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
For what??? He's done it all. What more is there to do? He's made million upon millions.
Lol so making money is doing it all Lolz. He`s so overrated. He couldn`t act got lucky with the olympia, and can`t run a state apparently. Even his business side, wasn`t as much him as it was having good friends.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »

The reason he became so successful in his life (Olympia, Movies, Politics, Restaurants etc.) isn't because he was a smart man by way of pure intellect or even because he was a true actor, the likes of Anthony Hopkins or Tom Hanks.  He became successful because he is able to ACT the part that is necessary for all these roles, add to that his overconfident, dare I say cocky, ways.

Arnold is the type of guy that if he applied for a job, on his resume he would place over a hundred skills desired for the job that he has no experience with, but after he is hired, he would pretend to know those skills and would either just pick them up as they are required of him or would coerce/bully a weaker individual in the workplace to do it for him.  In the end, no one would know any better regarding his true potential, but what everyone does know is that he places a huge value on his personal worth.  A value that in his case has gotten him VERY far.

"1"
So, that's how he had that bricklayer business with Franco---he had coerced/bullied Franco into doing all the work...and then when Franco was seeing that chick (the one that ends up Stripping for God), Arnold had to get in on the act as well...that devil 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
Lol so making money is doing it all Lolz. He`s so overrated. He couldn`t act got lucky with the olympia, and can`t run a state apparently. Even his business side, wasn`t as much him as it was having good friends.

Hahaha,I'm sure you're doing much better in life, bwahahahahaha

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »

Arnold is the type of guy that if he applied for a job, on his resume he would place over a hundred skills desired for the job that he has no experience with, but after he is hired, he would pretend to know those skills and would either just pick them up as they are required of him or would coerce/bully a weaker individual in the workplace to do it for him.  

"1"
Lol pretty much agree, he`s a skilled manipulator nothing more.
But in america a person with no talent, but a big name can get very fucking far.

But don`t get it wrong he can`t act for shit, he`s fucking horrible, the only time he can even act is when he plays machines, and that no more acting than, using fake plates and calling yourself a weight lifter.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:10 AM »
Hahaha,I'm sure you're doing much better in life, bwahahahahaha

Lol I`m the only person more unstable here than fucking avesher.

But there are atleast some people with actual talent and skill that are way the fuck better than him.

Christian bale could out act Arnie any day of the week, but than again even I could out act, Arnie.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »

In the end, no one would know any better regarding his true potential, but what everyone does know is that he places a huge value on his personal worth.  A value that in his case has gotten him VERY far.

"1"

You = clever.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »

add to that his overconfident, dare I say cocky, ways.

"1"

Which is why I never understood how people have said that Dex disrespected Arnold when he won the Arnold Classic...when he sometimes displays the same cocky attitude...I think Arnold like people to play that aspect up...be cock, be nonchalant about it, "eff what you heard!"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
Lol I`m the only person more unstable here than fucking avesher.

But there are atleast some people with actual talent and skill that are way the fuck better than him.

Christian bale could out act Arnie any day of the week, but than again even I could out act, Arnie.
Fucking lawl.
I see someone let the pathetic socially retarded attention whore out of TO. Fucking shame.

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
arnold was cool governor

mooonbeam brown will obama up the state even more

epic fail

bailouts in future

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
Arnold will star in Triumph of the Will part 2 the american version which will lead to him being elected president where he will abolish term limits and rule forever

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
You = clever.

You're no intellectual slouch yourself, stud..

"1"

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
Let's hope Arnold stays out of politics and off the big screen. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »
Fucking lawl.
I see someone let the pathetic socially retarded attention whore out of TO. Fucking shame.
Your life will improve drastically if your a little more friendly, love thy neighbor jesus says, he's a good man you should try it out.

Saram

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 01:14:27 AM »
Arnold was a master manipulator and used people for his own good - that's a given. But that doesn't take away from his actuall accomplishments. 7 time Olympia winner, biggest action star of the 1980s. Governorship is debatable but he did well for a while.

He wasn't some dumb guy riding other people's coattails. He entered a role and did it well. Built the body. Learned how to be a top movie star. Learned how to run a state... albeit that was his worst role to date, it kept him in the limelight and added another notch to his belt.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 04:31:24 AM »
pumping iron 2

the better title would be "Pumping Iron 2, Granpa is back"

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 04:34:07 AM »

"1"

there is nothing wrong with that. it's called, eliminating the competition