Author Topic: Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns  (Read 2165 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns
« on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:55 PM »
Reminds me of "Tiller the Baby Killer."  These were essentially late term abortions.   :-\

Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns
By the CNN Wire Staff
January 19, 2011

(CNN) -- A Philadelphia physician, Kermitt Gosnell, was charged Wednesday with murder and other offenses for allegedly causing the death of one of his female patients and killing viable babies in illegal, late term abortions, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams said.

The babies were born alive in the sixth, seventh and eighth months of pregnancy, but their spinal cords were allegedly severed with scissors, Williams said in a statement.

Nine other people who worked in the west Philadelphia medical office, including Gosnell's wife and sister-in-law, were also charged, Williams said. The practice, called the Women's Medical Society, served mostly low-income minority women for years, he said.

Williams' statement provided a grisly scenario of the shuttered abortion clinic: A search of the office last year by authorities found bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses scattered throughout the building. Jars contained the severed feet of babies and lined a shelf. Furniture and equipment was blood-stained, dusty and broken.

Gosnell, 69, is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist, Williams said.

Originally, Williams said, the clinic used another doctor as a consultant so it could receive a license to perform abortions in 1979.

Two primary state agencies, the Department of Health and the Department of State, have oversight, Williams said Wednesday at a news conference.

But a grand jury investigation found that health and licensing officials had received repeated reports about Gosnell's dangerous practices for two decades, but no action was ever taken, even after the agencies learned that women had died during routine abortions under Gosnell's care, Williams said in a statement.

"What the [grand] jury found most troubling is that neither of those agencies took the time to investigate, to observe, to view, to go to the clinic itself since 1993," Williams said in comments during the news conference.

"I am aware that abortion is a hot-button topic," Williams said in a statement. "But as District Attorney, my job is to carry out the law. A doctor who knowingly and systematically mistreats female patients, to the point that one of them dies in his so-called care, commits murder under the law.

"A doctor who cuts into the necks severing the spinal cords of living, breathing babies, who would survive with proper medical attention, is committing murder under the law," Williams added.

Gosnell is also accused of reusing unsanitary instruments; performing procedures in filthy rooms, including some having litter boxes and animals present during operations; and allowing unlicensed employees to perform operations and administer anesthesia, including a teenage high school student, Williams said in a statement.

Gosnell's wife, Pearl, 49, of Philadelphia is also facing charges of providing an abortion at 24 or more weeks, conspiracy and other related charges, Williams said in the statement. She has no medical license and is accused of performing illegal abortions at the clinic, Williams said.

Elizabeth Hampton, 51, of Philadelphia, who is Gosnell's sister-in-law, is facing hindering prosecution, perjury, false swearing and obstructing administration of law charges.

Law enforcement officers came upon "the medical abuses" while investigating tips that the doctor had been illegally selling thousands of prescriptions for OxyContin and other narcotics to "patients" that he never examined, Williams' statement said.

The doctor himself was seldom present, Williams' statement charged. In his absence, untrained, unsupervised workers, including the teenage girl, routinely injected sedatives into women undergoing illegal late-term abortions, Williams' statement alleged.

Among numerous charges, Gosnell is accused of third-degree murder in the death of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar, Williams said.

Mongar died on November 20, 2009, when she was overdosed with anesthetics prescribed by Gosnell, Williams said.

Gosnell is also facing seven murder charges in the deaths of infants allegedly killed after being born viable and alive during the sixth, seventh and eighth months of pregnancy in illegal, late term abortions, Williams said.

Gosnell is also charged with infanticide, conspiracy, abortion at 24 or more weeks of pregnancy, corpse abuse, theft, corruption of minors, solicitation and other related offenses, Williams said in the statement.
Seven other employees at the clinic were also charged, according to the statement:

Lynda Williams, 42, of Wilmington, Delaware, is also charged with third-degree murder in Mongar's death. Williams is accused of being an unlicensed worker who routinely performed illegal operations and administered anesthesia. She is also facing murder charges for the death of a viable baby born alive, abortion at 24 or more weeks and other related offenses.

Sherry West, 51, of Newark, Delaware, is charged with third-degree murder. She was allegedly an unlicensed worker at the clinic who routinely performed illegal operations and administered anesthesia. She is also facing a charge of providing an abortion at 24 or more weeks and other related offenses.

Adrienne Moton, 33, of Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, is charged with murder in the death of a viable baby born alive. She was allegedly an unlicensed worker at the clinic who routinely and illegally administered anesthesia to patients.

Steven Massof, 48, of Pittsburgh, is facing murder charges for the deaths of two viable babies born alive. Massof, a medical school graduate without a license or any certification, allegedly worked as a doctor at the clinic. He is also facing conspiracy and other related charges.

Eileen O'Neill, 54, of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, is a medical school graduate who allegedly worked as a doctor at the clinic without a license or certification. She is facing theft by deception, conspiracy, perjury and false swearing charges.

Tina Baldwin, 45, of Philadelphia, is facing racketeering, conspiracy and corruption of a minor charges. She was allegedly an unlicensed worker at the clinic who illegally administered anesthesia to patients and allowed her 15-year-old daughter to administer anesthesia to patients as well.

Office manager Maddline Joe, 53, of Philadelphia, is charged with conspiracy.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/pennsylvania.abortion.doctor/index.html?hpt=T1

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Philadelphia doctor accused of murdering patient, newborns
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Except this is nothing like Tiller as he didn't do anything illegal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »
I hope ths asshole get hit but a fast moving train.   

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
Except this is nothing like Tiller as he didn't do anything illegal
???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
???
What did he do that was illegal?
link to info about what crimes he was convicted of

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Revolting post straw. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »
Revolting post straw. 
in straw mans world, legality = morality...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Disgusting and revolting. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
Revolting post straw. 
What did Tiller do that was illegal?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
What did Tiller do that was illegal?

does your sense of morality come from the law straw?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
does your sense of morality come from the law straw?
When did I mention morality

Bum said this guy reminds him of Tiller

I said this guy is nothing like Tiller and that Tiller didn't break any laws

If you know of some crime that Tiller was convicted of then let's hear it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »
When did I mention morality

Bum said this guy reminds him of Tiller

I said this guy is nothing like Tiller and that Tiller didn't break any laws

If you know of some crime that Tiller was convicted of then let's hear it
lol color me shocked you didnt answer the question...

its a simple question straw, yes or no...

im not talking about tiller or this guy, im talking about you

newmom

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
I'm very pro choice. BUT not when the unborn child is 6 to 9 months along..HANG THE BASTARD, then get some rusty tweezers and peel his balls off

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
lol color me shocked you didnt answer the question...

its a simple question straw, yes or no...

im not talking about tiller or this guy, im talking about you

Bum said this guy was like Tiller

I said this guy is not like Tiller and that Tiller did not break any laws

That's all I said and no one who has criticised my statement has shown any link to laws that Tiller broke

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

I said this guy is not like Tiller and that Tiller did not break any laws

That's all I said and no one who has criticised my statement has shown any link to laws that Tiller broke
ANSWER THE FUKING QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does your sense of morality come from the law?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »
ANSWER THE FUKING QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does your sense of morality come from the law?

calm down spaz

my only reason in posting on this thread was to point out that this person/people are nothing like Tiller

Tiller performed legal abortions

this person is accused of performing illegal abortions, along with a whole bunch of other very disturbing accusations.

you're the one who went off on a tangent about legality and morality

If that's something that interests you then start a thread about it and if I find it interesting maybe I'll decide to post

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

goodness gracious just answer the question man

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »

Uh no, you said that.  He merely noted that it reminded him of Tiller because of the late term abortions.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
::) ::) ::)

goodness gracious just answer the question man

morals are personal

laws are not

some people think dancing is immoral

now answer my question

why do you make such stupid posts, completely off the topic at hand and unrelated to any comment I made on this thread?

in straw mans world, legality = morality...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »

Uh no, you said that.  He merely noted that it reminded him of Tiller because of the late term abortions.

I know and I pointed at that this guy is accused of many different things, including illegal late term abortions

Tiller performed legal abortions and didn't do (or not to my knowledge) any of the other things that this guy is accused of doing

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
morals are personal

laws are not

some people think dancing is immoral

now answer my question

why do you make such stupid posts, completely off the topic at hand and unrelated to any comment I made on this thread?

yes morals are personal but that doesnt mean TO YOU PERSONALLY that they dont come from the law

so please answer my question to YOU does legality mean morality?

b/c ive asked you multiple time in multiple threads and you never answer the question... ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
yes morals are personal but that doesnt mean TO YOU PERSONALLY that they dont come from the law

so please answer my question to YOU does legality mean morality?

b/c ive asked you multiple time in multiple threads and you never answer the question... ;)

I answered your question above

if you can't figure it out then I'll make it even easier (I thought you would want some nuance)

no, "legality does not mean morality"

can't you figure that out from what I wrote above?

now it's your turn to answer my question from above

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »
I answered your question above

if you can't figure it out then I'll make it even easier (I thought you would want some nuance)

no, "legality does not mean morality"

can't you figure that out from what I wrote above?

now it's your turn to answer my question from above

I could infer yes, but you could also infer that you do...

you made no mention of yourself in the previous post only a general statement about morals being personal...some ppl personally feel that morals come from the law...you didnt state whether you were one of them  ;)

and i answered it b/c ive asked you that question multiple times and you never answered it...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 07:26:19 PM »
I know and I pointed at that this guy is accused of many different things, including illegal late term abortions

Tiller performed legal abortions and didn't do (or not to my knowledge) any of the other things that this guy is accused of doing

WTF does that have to do with you making shit up?  BB didn't mention anything about the legal aspects, only that the late term abortions reminded him of Tiller.  And somehow you warped that into BB claiming this guy is "like" Tiller?

Tony,

Do you feel the rights of a fetus are greater than or equal to the rights of the mom?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

WTF does that have to do with you making shit up?  BB didn't mention anything about the legal aspects, only that the late term abortions reminded him of Tiller.  And somehow you warped that into BB claiming this guy is "like" Tiller?

Tony,

Do you feel the rights of a fetus are greater than or equal to the rights of the mom?

where did I make something up and attribute it to Bum?

I've looked at my posts and I don't see what you're talking about