Author Topic: Conservatives...GIGANTIC Fiscal HYPOCRITES  (Read 2852 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Conservatives...GIGANTIC Fiscal HYPOCRITES
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
 ;)
Cenk Uygur (host of The Young Turks) on his weekly Daily Rant segment on the Dylan Ratigan show explains Republican hypocrisy on the budget and how he is one of the very few real fiscal conservatives left in America.

!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Conservatives...GIGANTIC Fiscal HYPOCRITES
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
lets make a bet benny...if in 2 years the reps have spent more than obama and the dems in the last 2 years ill delete my account, if they havent you delete yours

deal?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »
;)
Cenk Uygur (host of The Young Turks) on his weekly Daily Rant segment on the Dylan Ratigan show explains Republican hypocrisy on the budget and how he is one of the very few real fiscal conservatives left in America.

i have to agree with you on this. 

But be careful that you're not trying to justify the spending by the Democrats over the last couple of years by trying to say,

"Hey look, the Republicans spent a lot too!!!" 

Because the Bush administration didn't even come close to the amount of spending done by the Obama administration.  And it doesn't even look like they're done yet.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:52:12 PM »
;)

i always wondered why the Dems hated Bush so much because I never considered him a fiscally conservative president.  I actually thought Clinton was more fiscally conservative than Bush and wondered why the Republicans hated Clinton.

I'll tell you why.  people in this country only care about gays and abortion.  Everyone pretends that they care about other shit but they don't.  thats why we get nothing done.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
 How absurd.   Is he saying two wrongs make a right here?

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Benny, do you get your lies from these bimbos at CNN? This guy is not a fiscal conservative, he is a fiscal brokedown mess. Wanting to jack up taxes is not being fiscally conservative. This guy is only against tax cuts, he is not for cutting spending. The only reason he and the Dems were against the medicare D prescription benefit is because of the competition mechanism built in and the lack of price caps, which is what kept the program from being anywhere near as expensive as antipated. It is the only government entitlement program to cost less than antipated. All other entitlement programs have costed more. Ofcourse, that doesnt mean it was right to pass it, but it was passed because the Dems would have passed something far worse - like Obamacare. He was against one third of the Stimulus because that third was tax cuts. What a fucking surprise. Also, notice that he didnt include the other big spending by Democrats - Obamacare, the other stimulus packages, the rediculous and unprecendeted extenstion of unemployment benefits for 2 years. Ofcourse, the other thing that didnt get mentioned is the 25% increase in non defense discretionary spending.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
i always wondered why the Dems hated Bush so much because I never considered him a fiscally conservative president.  I actually thought Clinton was more fiscally conservative than Bush and wondered why the Republicans hated Clinton.

I'll tell you why.  people in this country only care about gays and abortion.  Everyone pretends that they care about other shit but they don't.  thats why we get nothing done.

The Dems didnt hate Bush for his spending, they hated him for his tax cuts. The Republicans hated Clinton because he was corrupt on the level of a third world dictator. Comparing Bush and Clinton on spending isnt a fair comparison beause the President doest not control spending. It is the House of Representatives.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »
The Dems didnt hate Bush for his spending, they hated him for his tax cuts. The Republicans hated Clinton because he was corrupt on the level of a third world dictator. Comparing Bush and Clinton on spending isnt a fair comparison beause the President doest not control spending. It is the House of Representatives.

So why are you blaming Obama then?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 07:07:15 AM »

Oh.  OK.  So whenever we talk about fiscal responsibility by the U.S. in order to gain control over our budget we should not be including the President of the FUCKING United States in that conversation?  OK.  Just wanted to clarify.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »
Oh.  OK.  So whenever we talk about fiscal responsibility by the U.S. in order to gain control over our budget we should not be including the President of the FUCKING United States in that conversation?  OK.  Just wanted to clarify.

Of course he should be "considered" but he doesn't hold the purse strings......  I think the Pres gets a lot of the same grief that a coach does in sports.....when the team plays well and wins, he gets the "thats his job" but when they lose it's "all his fault" when there is PLENTY of blame to go around...know what I mean?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »
Of course he should be "considered" but he doesn't hold the purse strings......  I think the Pres gets a lot of the same grief that a coach does in sports.....when the team plays well and wins, he gets the "thats his job" but when they lose it's "all his fault" when there is PLENTY of blame to go around...know what I mean?

No I don't.  I am the "president" of the company that I own.  I delegate responsibilties to my employees.  But I still take responsibility for their work.  I get to call myself that and pay myself more money because I assume that responsibility.  So again.  No I don't know what you mean.  When Clinton was in office, he is responsible for the fiscal responsibility of his cabinet.  Same with George Bush, same with Barack Obama.  Your argument is simply a way for ideologues to dismiss facts that interfere with their blind faith in their political party.  It's just as popular if not more than the old "they started it" argument.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »

$2.5 Tr USD in CUTS: Full list of 2011 budget cuts... (GOP)
USN | 01/20/11 | Self

Additional Program Eliminations/Spending Reforms

Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy. $445 million annual savings.

Save America's Treasures Program. $25 million annual savings.

International Fund for Ireland. $17 million annual savings.

Legal Services Corporation. $420 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Arts. $167.5 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Humanities. $167.5 million annual savings.

Hope VI Program. $250 million annual savings.

Amtrak Subsidies. $1.565 billion annual savings.

Eliminate duplicative education programs. H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.

U.S. Trade Development Agency. $55 million annual savings.

Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy. $20 million annual savings.

Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding. $47 million annual savings.

John C. Stennis Center Subsidy. $430,000 annual savings.

Community Development Fund. $4.5 billion annual savings.

Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid. $24 million annual savings.

Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half. $7.5 billion annual savings.

Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20%. $600 million annual savings.

Essential Air Service. $150 million annual savings.

Technology Innovation Program. $70 million annual savings.

Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program. $125 million annual savings.

Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization. $530 million annual savings.

Beach Replenishment. $95 million annual savings.

New Starts Transit. $2 billion annual savings.

Exchange Programs for Alaska, Natives Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts. $9 million annual savings.

Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants. $2.5 billion annual savings.

Title X Family Planning. $318 million annual savings.

Appalachian Regional Commission. $76 million annual savings.

Economic Development Administration. $293 million annual savings.

Programs under the National and Community Services Act. $1.15 billion annual savings.

Applied Research at Department of Energy. $1.27 billion annual savings.

FreedomCAR and Fuel Partnership. $200 million annual savings.

Energy Star Program. $52 million annual savings.

Economic Assistance to Egypt. $250 million annually.

U.S. Agency for International Development. $1.39 billion annual savings.

General Assistance to District of Columbia. $210 million annual savings.

Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. $150 million annual savings.

Presidential Campaign Fund. $775 million savings over ten years.

No funding for federal office space acquisition. $864 million annual savings.

End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.

Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act. More than $1 billion annually.

IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget. $1.8 billion savings over ten years.

Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees. $1 billion total savings.

Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees. $1.2 billion savings over ten years.

Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of. $15 billion total savings.

Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.

Eliminate Mohair Subsidies. $1 million annual savings.

Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. $12.5 million annual savings.

Eliminate Market Access Program. $200 million annual savings.

USDA Sugar Program. $14 million annual savings.

Subsidy to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). $93 million annual savings.

Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program. $56.2 million annual savings.

Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs. $900 million savings.

Ready to Learn TV Program. $27 million savings.

HUD Ph.D. Program.

Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.

TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »

TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

This makes me laugh.

2,500,000,000 a year?

2.5 Billion.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's a HUGE savings.

I promised I wouldn't post on this board again, but that's just ridiculous for anyone to speak about how great these new republicans are.

======

Edited... My math was off a place, but really... 2.5 billion is how much of the budget? About .25 percent?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
This makes me laugh.

2,500,000,000 a year?

2.5 Billion.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's a HUGE savings.

I promised I wouldn't post on this board again, but that's just ridiculous for anyone to speak about how great these new republicans are.

======

Edited... My math was off a place, but really... 2.5 billion is how much of the budget? About .25 percent?
lol as opposed to trillions ADDED, id say the net gain is pretty significant  ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:09 AM »
lol as opposed to trillions ADDED, id say the net gain is pretty significant  ;)

Actually, the way I read it, this is compared to what is already in plan... so not really.

Hell, even if it was compared to 700 billion a year (you know, just the military budget) it's nothing.

This is ridiculous... Once again, the repubs don't want to cut shit... they just want to pretend they did.

Cut 20% across the board then come back to me.

THEY AIN'T DOING SHIT TO CURB SPENDING.

If you don't see that Tony, then you're just a republican shill and that's all there is to it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Yeah, and and if they really did what some of us would like, the rest of the lefties would be rioting.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
Actually, the way I read it, this is compared to what is already in plan... so not really.

Hell, even if it was compared to 700 billion a year (you know, just the military budget) it's nothing.

This is ridiculous... Once again, the repubs don't want to cut shit... they just want to pretend they did.

Cut 20% across the board then come back to me.

THEY AIN'T DOING SHIT TO CURB SPENDING.

If you don't see that Tony, then you're just a republican shill and that's all there is to it.
I agree

but lets not tell ourselves that the net gain from saving 2.5 trillion to spending 10,20,30 trillion isnt a good net gain broham

and its less spending which is a step in the right direction

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 11:36:14 AM »
Yeah, and and if they really did what some of us would like, the rest of the lefties would be rioting.   

Fuck the lefties... Fuck the righties... I can't imagine that most people don't think it wouldn't be good.

I agree

but lets not tell ourselves that the net gain from saving 2.5 trillion to spending 10,20,30 trillion isnt a good net gain broham

and its less spending which is a step in the right direction
I'm not confusing the facts here... This isn't even talking about those things that we're talking about that cost 10,20,30 trillion... This is cutting 2.5 Billion from THOSE numbers too.

2.5 Billion a year from 1.5 Trillion a year makes it even worse.

We don't need a "step", we need a leap. Does this take into account getting out of Iraq? Because last I checked, that wasn't included in our normal budget line items.

This is simply a "talking point"... look, we tried to cut the budget.... Even though we didn't really cut shit from shit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
Fuck the lefties... Fuck the righties... I can't imagine that most people don't think it wouldn't be good.
I'm not confusing the facts here... This isn't even talking about those things that we're talking about that cost 10,20,30 trillion... This is cutting 2.5 Billion from THOSE numbers too.

2.5 Billion a year from 1.5 Trillion a year makes it even worse.

We don't need a "step", we need a leap. Does this take into account getting out of Iraq? Because last I checked, that wasn't included in our normal budget line items.

This is simply a "talking point"... look, we tried to cut the budget.... Even though we didn't really cut shit from shit.
I agree and im not sure about the iraq part i think last year there was talk about it being in there or something but im not sure...

like i said i agree with you but its a step and ill hold off judgement just yet seeing as theyve been in office for under a month right now

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
No I don't.  I am the "president" of the company that I own.  I delegate responsibilties to my employees.  But I still take responsibility for their work.  I get to call myself that and pay myself more money because I assume that responsibility.  So again.  No I don't know what you mean.  When Clinton was in office, he is responsible for the fiscal responsibility of his cabinet.  Same with George Bush, same with Barack Obama.  Your argument is simply a way for ideologues to dismiss facts that interfere with their blind faith in their political party.  It's just as popular if not more than the old "they started it" argument.

Uh, you are barking up the wrong tree there, chief...... and my analogy is perfect.  To act like the president, and only the president, is to be held accountable for the finances in Washington, is exactly what is wrong.  The public feels, hey we'll just vote in a new president if we don't like things, while ignoring some dolt they have re-elected 5 times and who does piss all for them.

By only holding the president alone accountable is absurd at best.  And your "president of a company" doesn't hold water.  President of a company hs final say in almost all mattesr.....the President of the US does not.  Its a shared responsibility among all those in Washington and they ALL should be held accountable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »
i have to agree with you on this. 

But be careful that you're not trying to justify the spending by the Democrats over the last couple of years by trying to say,

"Hey look, the Republicans spent a lot too!!!" 

Because the Bush administration didn't even come close to the amount of spending done by the Obama administration.  And it doesn't even look like they're done yet.

Agree.  I was going to say the same thing.