Author Topic: Would you go?  (Read 2401 times)

theonlyone

Would you go?
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »
 Meanwhile in Russia.

theonlyone

Re: Would you go?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:47 PM »
 :-*

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:50:53 AM »
I could do it, but it sure in hell wouldn't be my favorite activity... I've been through as cold before... How is this religious?

theonlyone

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:20:59 AM »
I could do it, but it sure in hell wouldn't be my favorite activity... I've been through as cold before... How is this religious?

We do it just one time in the year. If you're an orthodox Christian and live in Russia you swim like this in January. Refreshing, reviving!!! ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:00:12 AM »
We do it just one time in the year. If you're an orthodox Christian and live in Russia you swim like this in January. Refreshing, reviving!!! ;)
what does jumping into cold water have to do with Christ? Is that like a form of self punishment to suffer like Christ or something?

theonlyone

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »
 Fedor ;)

theonlyone

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »
what does jumping into cold water have to do with Christ? Is that like a form of self flagellation to suffer like Christ or something?

What does jumping into warm water in the warm room have to do in the Mormon church? ;)
 It's called Крещенские купания/Kreshenskie cupaniya = baptizing swimming whatever...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:13:35 AM »
What does jumping into warm water in the warm room have to do in the Mormon church? ;)
 It's called Крещенские купания/Kreshenskie cupaniya = baptizing swimming whatever...
hey, I was just asking.  I don't know.  If you just want to mock me for wondering how it relates to Christ, I can just piss off to a different thread....

theonlyone

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:25:22 AM »
hey, I was just asking.  I don't know.  If you just want to mock me for wondering how it relates to Christ, I can just piss off to a different thread....

Everything alright Hugo! You're a good man if you say you could do it. I have a Muslim friend who jumped like this!!! No doubt American could do it! For fun at least ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:48 AM »
Everything alright Hugo! You're a good man if you say you could do it. I have a Muslim friend who jumped like this!!! No doubt American could do it! For fun at least ;)
I gotta say, I don't think it would be fun and I wouldn't want to do it, but I would do it. When I was younger, I did dumb shit like that all the time but now that I'm older, not so much lol...  The worst I did cold wise was to walk about 20 miles in blizzard conditions.  That was a terrible experience.  If I had to choose between a minute or so in freezing water vs. hours of freezing my ass off, I'd go for the water for a few minutes.

But seriously, I still don't get what this has to do with Christ?  Do you know the story behind that?

theonlyone

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:58 AM »
I gotta say, I don't think it would be fun and I wouldn't want to do it, but I would do it. When I was younger, I did dumb shit like that all the time but now that I'm older, not so much lol...  The worst I did cold wise was to walk about 20 miles in blizzard conditions.  That was a terrible experience.  If I had to choose between a minute or so in freezing water vs. hours of freezing my ass off, I'd go for the water for a few minutes.

But seriously, I still don't get what this has to do with Christ?  Do you know the story behind that?

Quick dip in freezing water is fun!!! ;) Well if you'd come to Russia, I would force you to dip :-[. IF I'd come to America what interesting you would have offered me???

theonlyone

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
 Story behind that??? I'm not sure I would give you a legit answer)))

theonlyone

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
 Epiphany, also know as Theophany, is one of the Great Christian Feasts. The Russian Orthodox Church celebrates it on January 19 in line with the Julian calendar.

That is why you dip in water. Russians do it outdoors, blizzards or snow is quite irrelevant ::)

theonlyone

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
Worshipers to take Epiphany dip in Pacific

Russian Orthodox Christians in the remote Far Eastern port of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky will mark the Epiphany on Wednesday night by plunging in the Pacific Ocean, church officials said.

Believers will submerge themselves in Avacha Bay three times after the water is blessed during a church service.

The ceremony, which celebrates the baptism of Jesus Christ by John the Baptist in the River Jordan, will be carried out across Russia at midnight.