Author Topic: Matt C. update.  (Read 7375 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Matt C. update.
« on: January 19, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
Great news!!!

As some of you know, I took drastic measures in censoring my board in June as a result of someone I know being sued for posting copyright material on YouTube.  Check out thread #14583 on Bodybuilding Pro.com for more details.

That someone was my dad:

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuit.asp?ID=58416

http://www.expertulpc.com/tech/this-dmca-notice-got-runover-by-a-reindeer-18017775

The great news is, everything is 99% settled now!  I have still not gone over the terms of the case but as far as I know Dr. Elmo has 30 days to prove that my dad profited off the video as well as some other stipulations in order for my dad to have to pay.  Since my dad did not profit, it seems like it is impossible for anything more to come of this.  I do think my dad was being a little stubborn to pursue the matter.  I think he should have paid a token sum just to resolve it.

This is the reason why I have not been posting much on here since that time.  This is also the reason why I did not post the Wiggs interview.  I wanted to make sure I got permission from Bodybuilding.com to post it as well as go through some other details.  I really don't have the energy to deal with another lawsuit as this one was very trying on my mother.  Now that everything is resolved, I will be posting the Wiggs interview soon, if BB.com clears it.  ;D

This brings me up to the last point which is why I censored my board for the past seven months.  I did not want to deal with yet another lawsuit on my site because at the time I had more than one person threaten to take legal action over some of the posts on my board.  They were actually great posts but I simply didn't have the resources to deal with it at the time.  I guess I can now understand why pretty much every big board enacts some sort of censorship policy, even censoring good posts at times.

Now that I have two small children, things have changed.  I need to channel my resources and energy towards them and not board problems.  Lawsuits are truly not worth it.  Even if you win, you lose.

PS - Even though my board gets bashed a lot it gets a lot of traffic and to give me an incentive to get the Joomla template and forum skin up faster, FROM NOW UNTIL I GET MY SITE UPDATED ALL ADVERTISING WILL BE 100% FREE.  If anyone reading this is interested in a banner ad or some other ad, please let me know and I will put it up!  The site will look much better once the Joomla template and new skin is up.  8)  But for now anyone wishing to advertise can help themselves to a free ad or two.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: Matt C. update.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:02:20 AM »
Wow!!! Good info, I was on pins and needles about this issue.

STAY POSITIVE...AND YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »
 I've been worried sick about you Matt! Where did you go??? Good to see your AWESOME website is still up and running bro.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »

Really?  Well no need to still be stressed out, I told you everything is fine now.  ;D

The reason why I posted was just so people know that I didn't just decide to abandon getbig for no reason.  This was a very serious issue.

My dad's upload got hundreds of thousands of views and Dr. Elmo initially wanted $0.99 a view, the same price he would have made for downloads.  Maybe it's just me, but it's pretty serious when someone is trying to sue you for your life savings.

Here is the song:

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »

LOL...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:13:40 AM »
I've been worried sick about you Matt! Where did you go??? Good to see your AWESOME website is still up and running bro.

Hey thanks BlackFlagRedStar!!!

If you or anyone else has a banner ad that they want put on the forum or anywhere else on my site, let me know.  The board doesn't get a lot of posting members, but it does get a huge amount of views.  The "Posing Suits" thread #1941, gets over 1,000 views per day.  I am very grateful that this issue got resolved for my family and I am in the mood for giving to the people who have given to me over the years.

And yes, I will be at the Arnold covering the contest and expo and hopefully interviewing the man himself, Ron Avidan, when I am there!  Are there any other bodybuilding contests worth going to?  Obviously the Arnold and the Olympia, but what about any of the smaller shows?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »
discuss bigassjerseygirl from your board

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
discuss bigassjerseygirl from your board

Newmom?  She was always nice to me on the boards and I was sad to see some of her personal issues get aired.  I really didn't want to take sides and that is why I hate having the role of admin because invariably you are forced to take the side of one person or another.  In truth I wanted to be a neutral arbiter but it was virtually impossible to do that.

Ron gets 40,000 visitors per day on this site.  He has to deal with far more pressing matters than I had to deal with.  Ron also has children now.  I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with the role of forum admin while wanting to stay on good terms with members, bodybuilders, supplement company owners, and more.

I try to avoid the drama while possible.  I mainly want to use my site as a vehicle to produce honest supplement reviews and reviews for other products.  Sometimes people go overboard when it comes to board drama but overall I like getbig the most because if you can handle it on here, you can handle it on any board.

Also as critical as people are on here, you will learn your flaws.  When I posted my first supplement review on here it was obviously not very good but people were providing me with constructive criticism overall and I have now completed three reviews and they have gradually improved.  People also gave me tips as to how to improve the interviews I did at the Olympia.  I want to learn and I am happy to get this feedback.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 12:36:49 AM »
Newmom?  She was always nice to me on the boards and I was sad to see some of her personal issues get aired.  I really didn't want to take sides and that is why I hate having the role of admin because invariably you are forced to take the side of one person or another.  In truth I wanted to be a neutral arbiter but it was virtually impossible to do that.

Ron gets 40,000 visitors per day on this site.  He has to deal with far more pressing matters than I had to deal with.  Ron also has children now.  I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with the role of forum admin while wanting to stay on good terms with members, bodybuilders, supplement company owners, and more.

I try to avoid the drama while possible.  I mainly want to use my site as a vehicle to produce honest supplement reviews and reviews for other products.  Sometimes people go overboard when it comes to board drama but overall I like getbig the most because if you can handle it on here, you can handle it on any board.

Also as critical as people are on here, you will learn your flaws.  When I posted my first supplement review on here it was obviously not very good but people were providing me with constructive criticism overall and I have now completed three reviews and they have gradually improved.  People also gave me tips as to how to improve the interviews I did at the Olympia.  I want to learn and I am happy to get this feedback.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »

Alex?  Should I run away from getbig again if you start being mean to me and saying mean things to me?  Remember when you said my forum had so many banners on it that it looked like a Nascar?  Should I put a Nascar banner ad on my board?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Alex23

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 01:05:34 AM »
Alex?  Should I run away from getbig again if you start being mean to me and saying mean things to me?  Remember when you said my forum had so many banners on it that it looked like a Nascar?  Should I put a Nascar banner ad on my board?

You should put a cock in your mouth and move on yes.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »
You should put a cock in your mouth and move on yes.

Why do some people think I'm gay?  The haircut?  I got a new one!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 01:54:44 AM »

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:03 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »

straight up compton shit here.  in-laws on crenshaw and slauson must be rubbing off on your fat ass.  actually...the facial hair makes you look less sissy man.  it's kinda hot (no homo).  

just need matt c with his hitler bowl cut to make one of his undercover david duke responses about your peeps and their subsidized crack housing.  

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 03:46:22 AM »

Maybe it's your sexual attraction to men.

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »
matt sounding mature and grownup.  props!
I

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 04:42:10 AM »
I can rest easy now after reading the Matt C. update!  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 04:50:52 AM »
MattC's website almost get scuttled by his Da for posting up 'Grandma got run over by a Reindeer!?'  Epic Mensa-like thinking going on there. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 04:56:24 AM »
The legend continues.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »

Your favorite videos on your youtube account, that's why.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
Great news!!!

As some of you know, I took drastic measures in censoring my board in June as a result of someone I know being sued for posting copyright material on YouTube.  Check out thread #14583 on Bodybuilding Pro.com for more details.

That someone was my dad:

http://www.expertulpc.com/tech/this-dmca-notice-got-runover-by-a-reindeer-18017775

The great news is, everything is 99% settled now!  I have still not gone over the terms of the case but as far as I know Dr. Elmo has 30 days to prove that my dad profited off the video as well as some other stipulations in order for my dad to have to pay.  Since my dad did not profit, it seems like it is impossible for anything more to come of this.  I do think my dad was being a little stubborn to pursue the matter.  I think he should have paid a token sum just to resolve it.

This is the reason why I have not been posting much on here since that time.  This is also the reason why I did not post the Wiggs interview.  I wanted to make sure I got permission from Bodybuilding.com to post it as well as go through some other details.  I really don't have the energy to deal with another lawsuit as this one was very trying on my mother.  Now that everything is resolved, I will be posting the Wiggs interview soon, if BB.com clears it.  ;D

This brings me up to the last point which is why I censored my board for the past seven months.  I did not want to deal with yet another lawsuit on my site because at the time I had more than one person threaten to take legal action over some of the posts on my board.  They were actually great posts but I simply didn't have the resources to deal with it at the time.  I guess I can now understand why pretty much every big board enacts some sort of censorship policy, even censoring good posts at times.

Now that I have two small children, things have changed.  I need to channel my resources and energy towards them and not board problems.  Lawsuits are truly not worth it.  Even if you win, you lose.

PS - Even though my board gets bashed a lot it gets a lot of traffic and to give me an incentive to get the Joomla template and forum skin up faster, FROM NOW UNTIL I GET MY SITE UPDATED ALL ADVERTISING WILL BE 100% FREE.  If anyone reading this is interested in a banner ad or some other ad, please let me know and I will put it up!  The site will look much better once the Joomla template and new skin is up.  8)  But for now anyone wishing to advertise can help themselves to a free ad or two.  :)

I'm sorry to hear about that Matt, but he could have taken a lot of worry out of it by simply getting a consultation from an attorney.  There's no way one person who has a partial ownership of the song can sue solely for all royalties especially over some song that your dad made no money off of. 

A

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
Maybe it's your sexual attraction to men.

;D  ;D  ;D

I actually started working out to get girls around 10 years ago and I started my website only because I was into computer programming.  But the more closely I follow bodybuilding, the more gay I realize it is.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

matt sounding mature and grownup.  props!

Hey thanks lift 456!!!

I can rest easy now after reading the Matt C. update!  ;D

;D

MattC's website almost get scuttled by his Da for posting up 'Grandma got run over by a Reindeer!?'  Epic Mensa-like thinking going on there. 

At the time the lawsuit was literally for my parent's life savings.  I did not want my resources tied up in a separate suit if that's what it meant.  Ask Ron about lawsuits, even if you win you lose and they can cost into the tens of thousands of dollars to defend your case.

Your favorite videos on your youtube account, that's why.

;D  ;D  ;D

That's only to show it's clearly a bodybuilding channel.  And yes, I see the inherent gayness of it.  I might remove them soon.

I'm sorry to hear about that Matt, but he could have taken a lot of worry out of it by simply getting a consultation from an attorney.  There's no way one person who has a partial ownership of the song can sue solely for all royalties especially over some song that your dad made no money off of. 

In the future I will be sure to send you a PM on these matters.  Hopefully there are not very many more of them.

PS - What should I cover at the Arnold this year?  ???  An interview with Ron?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
How your quest of bumming Michael Kingsnorth going?
P

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »
Great news!!!

That someone was my dad:

racist post reported
follow the arrows