Author Topic: 1999 Arnold Classic  (Read 11993 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 1999 Arnold Classic
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
Oh brother you can't hide your bias and love towards the black even if you tried.  When Nasser fans say he was chastised by judges people cry "how could he have placed well in many shows then?!" yet now you're blatantly claiming that Shawn Ray was chastised by judges lol.  And then your next paragraph goes on to say that Kevin wasn't trying to win but just collect a cheque?  You are always full of excuses whenever a Black competitor does not win or places below someone you don't like such as Nasser.
look the black bodybuilders are better--Kev, Flex, Shawn, etc. Nasser lost to a 224 pound Flex, and flex never came in his best at the O except 93, when he was still off, and had Nasser competed in 1993, he would have lost then. In terms of looks and physique, you ask anybody on the street, Flex, Shawn, Kev would all have had the vote over the googely eyed George Castanza lookalike...

Furthermore your bias towards your man crush is unhidden

Face it, they were, are, and always will be better. And i just don't agree with it.

And Shawn was chastise by the judges, know your shit, it has been written. he had beef with the dead blonde female judge.

And yes, Kev, would come in out of shape for the Arnold, and finish behind Lee Priest---then come back and beast out at the O. Again, know your shit. Even Ronnie questioned Kev's methods...the small Kevin vs the Big Kevin.

Various bbers have their own method when it comes to contests. Flex's was to win big draw shows and to use the Ironman as a gauge for the Arnold.
Shawn's was to place in the top five. Kev's strategy was haphazard...plus he was going thru a lot of issues... 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 02:59:53 PM »
look the black bodybuilders are better--Kev, Flex, Shawn, etc. Nasser lost to a 224 pound Flex, and flex never came in his best at the O except 93, when he was still off, and had Nasser competed in 1993, he would have lost then. In terms of looks and physique, you ask anybody on the street, Flex, Shawn, Kev would all have had the vote over the googely eyed George Castanza lookalike...

Face it, they were, are, and always will be better. And i just don't agree with it.

And Shawn was chastise by the judges, know your shit, it has been written. he had beef with the dead blonde female judge.

And yes, Kev, would come in out of shape for the Arnold, and finish behind Lee Priest---then come back and beast out at the O. Again, know your shit. Even Ronnie questioned Kev's methods...the small Kevin vs the Big Kevin.

Various bbers have their own method when it comes to contests. Flex's was to win big draw shows and to use the Ironman as a gauge for the Arnold.
Shawn's was to place in the top five. Kev's strategy was haphazard...plus he was going thru a lot of issues... 

It's no coincidence these guys were all better , these guys just can't accept the fact that Nasser is no where near as great as they hyped him up to be , he simply wasn't in their league facts prove this and when they facts contradict what they say then the facts are suspect , you don't take these people seriously you just laugh at them.

Kevin has the second highest amount of pro wins in IFBB history this is astounding considering he really was a part-time bodybuilder who always crammed for the big exam come contest time , imagine what he could have done if he trained like Dorian 365 days a week? if he kept fastidious records and measured and weighed all his food? he really would have done damage , I remember Shawn Kevin a rockstar playing bodybuilder

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
It's no coincidence these guys were all better , these guys just can't accept the fact that Nasser is no where near as great as they hyped him up to be , he simply wasn't in their league facts prove this and when they facts contradict what they say then the facts are suspect , you don't take these people seriously you just laugh at them.

Kevin has the second highest amount of pro wins in IFBB history this is astounding considering he really was a part-time bodybuilder who always crammed for the big exam come contest time , imagine what he could have done if he trained like Dorian 365 days a week? if he kept fastidious records and measured and weighed all his food? he really would have done damage , I remember Shawn Kevin a rockstar playing bodybuilder

Didn't you say before that Shawn was not that great of a bodybuilder since he only won 2 pro shows?

Seems like your opinions change based on who you happen to be debating against ;)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

lol ONE judge ddin't like Shawn, Nasser mentioned several judges and IFBB officials that he did not get along with either. 

And you've already shown that you don't consider judging decisions to be the end-all so your example of Nasser losing to Flex is also void, otherwise you are simply picking and choosing when contest results are meaningful and when they are not.  And of course you only pick that they are meaningful when they favour your Black bodybuilders.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
Didn't you say before that Shawn was not that great of a bodybuilder since he only won 2 pro shows?

Seems like your opinions change based on who you happen to be debating against ;)

Absolutely I said that however , Shawn was consistently better than Nasser  :D and we're talking about hype , Nasser is NO WHERE near as great as you people hype him to be , and neither is Shawn

Great is a term reserved for the best ( and often way over used ) of the best and Nasser & Shawn aren't in that elite list

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 03:08:29 PM »
lol ONE judge ddin't like Shawn, Nasser mentioned several judges and IFBB officials that he did not get along with either. 

And you've already shown that you don't consider judging decisions to be the end-all so your example of Nasser losing to Flex is also void, otherwise you are simply picking and choosing when contest results are meaningful and when they are not.  And of course you only pick that they are meaningful when they favour your Black bodybuilders.

Don't be a hypocrite Mr ' Great Arab genetics ' and constantly push how great Arab bodybuilders are ( which I don't have a problem with ) but don't be the pot calling the kettle black

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2011, 03:25:12 PM »

It's not one judge, Shawn ruffled feathers, he called for the rotation of judges. Shawn was consistent in criticizing judges. He spoke when Nasser didn't...Nasser is a passive-aggresive dude who didn't like confrontation, as it shows now.... Shawn also was against the methods of Chad Nicholls, of which Nasser used the services of.

Again, Nasser was good, but you also push the Great Arab Genetics, which there are very few arab bbers, which I believe is part of your reason for shoving the half Egyptian (with African blood ) down our throats...he was not as good as Flex or Shawn, or Kev, and aesthetically he was not in their league as well, and hell, I would gather most women would like them more than Nasser

Let me give you personal perspective: Back when Nasser had his cover on Flex Magazine, when he was doing his most muscular, I was in Rite Aide, and a guy and a girl and clerk saw the cover--the guy commented on how Nasser looked like a nerd on steriods, the clerk (who was a female) and the girl had commented that he was a nerdy guy who wore glasses from the early 90's and had a bad comb over. i bought the magazine---at another time

When Kev Levrone had his cover, i bought the mag, and the same clerk who commented on Nasser was behind the counter, she talked about how hot Kev was, and how she saw him at Cancun Cantina and how kev was a ladies man...around my way, this rep tends to follow Kev (I am from Kev's area).

If the general public has this perception of of Nasser vs. Kev, it shows that the "beautiful man with glasses" is a Great man only in his mind and yours.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »
Oh brother you can't hide your bias and love towards the black even if you tried.  When Nasser fans say he was chastised by judges people cry "how could he have placed well in many shows then?!" yet now you're blatantly claiming that Shawn Ray was chastised by judges lol.  And then your next paragraph goes on to say that Kevin wasn't trying to win but just collect a cheque?  You are always full of excuses whenever a Black competitor does not win or places below someone you don't like such as Nasser.

x2

typical pumpkinhead jealousy of NAsser  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »
x2

typical pumpkinhead jealousy of NAsser  ::)

says the gimmick

no one is jealous of Nasser , he's a failure , if I did subscribe to jealously it would be of Arnold a real success unlike Nasser the bitter washed up ex carrying on about how he should have won the big one , it's all he has.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 04:41:22 PM »
Levrone was one of the most cocky, arrogant and rude BB's of his era

just have a look @ the BFO 2002
dvd where De Milia chastises Kevin for always being late to competitors meetings

btw, Kevin is also an alcoholic- might explain why he had to take long breaks from steroids as his ASt and ALT and GGT were already way up from his alcohol abuse

kevin was also a minimum 5 gram testosterone/week guy (not including anabolics)- this was told to me by an englsih pro who saw Levrone's dr who prescribed for him

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
Levrone was one of the most cocky, arrogant and rude BB's of his era

just have a look @ the BFO 2002
dvd where De Milia chastises Kevin for always being late to competitors meetings

btw, Kevin is also an alcoholic- might explain why he had to take long breaks from steroids as his ASt and ALT and GGT were already way up from his alcohol abuse

kevin was also a minimum 5 gram testosterone/week guy (not including anabolics)- this was told to me by an englsih pro who saw Levrone's dr who prescribed for him

And he still owned Nasser consistently so much for great Arab genetics  ;D

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »
says the gimmick

no one is jealous of Nasser , he's a failure , if I did subscribe to jealously it would be of Arnold a real success unlike Nasser the bitter washed up ex carrying on about how he should have won the big one , it's all he has.

what success have you achieved in your life?
you appear to spend so much time here- have you no friends, girlfriend, job, achievements, hobbies?

you do appear to love BB and dorian yates.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
what success have you achieved in your life?
you appear to spend so much time here- have you no friends, girlfriend, job, achievements, hobbies?

you do appear to love BB and dorian yates.

Oh shift the topic when you fall flat on your face  ;D diversionary tactic anyone?

You're the one suckling Nasser's teet and you have the balls to type anyone has no life? hahahahahaha

no one is jealous of washed-up Nasser , the guy is a has-bin bitching & complaining about how he was screwed over by the man , a two-faced liar who pretended to be a ' nice guy ' until he can't use anyone anymore

I loved the fact that Dorian kicked his ass throughout his entire career you got me there  ;D

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 04:55:06 PM »
Always interesting when individuals can not get "though" to people and Convince others that "there guy" was the best, and so out of Frustration they Resort to "insulting" the person in Question about what they think the person actually does do in his life out of Getbig, Fact is/was Nasser was a Very Very good BBer in his day...that much is Correct and true, the BEST he Never was, why this Debate continues is Bizarre @ best, Desperate @ worst.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 06:59:44 PM »
but what is your explanation that he beat shawn and kevin MANY TIMES when they were on?! :-X

Parker is obviously biased towards the black bodybuilder, which makes his opinion inadmissible. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
says the gimmick

Well, I have to defend Nasser here. He is certainly not a failure. He is one of the most successful pros ever. Just becoming a pro is a tremendous accomplishment and there are tons of great amateurs who never turn pro( think Edgar Fletcher). And most pros never qualify for the big shows(Olympia, Arnold, NY Pro, CPC, Ironman Pro Invitational or the European Grand Prix shows). Nasser not only turned pro and qualified for the big shows, but he also won the second biggest show in bodybuilding and placed second at the biggest one. Great achievements. Nasser is undoubtedly one of the greats. It's just that, when you compare him to true bodybuilding colossuses like Yates, Ronnie and Arnie he comes a little bit short. But yeah, I agree that he is being petty by dedicating his life to bitching about not winning the O over 13 years ago. And Dorian destroyed him not only as a bodybuilder but also as a Human Being by winning the Olympia in 97'. Poor Nasser didn't recover.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
  Well, I have to defend Nasser here. He is certainly not a failure. He is one of the most successful pros ever. Just becoming a pro is a tremendous accomplishment and there are tons of great amateurs who never turn pro( think Edgar Fletcher). And most pros never qualify for the big shows(Olympia, Arnold, NY Pro, CPC, Ironman Pro Invitational or the European Grand Prix shows). Nasser not only turned pro and qualified for the big shows, but he also won the second biggest show in bodybuilding and placed second at the biggest one. Great achievements. Nasser is undoubtedly one of the greats. It's just that, when you compare him to true bodybuilding colossuses like Yates, Ronnie and Arnie he comes a little bit short. But yeah, I agree that he is being petty by dedicating his life to bitching about not winning the O over 13 years ago. And Dorian destroyed him not only as a bodybuilder but also as a Human Being by winning the Olympia in 97'. Poor Nasser didn't recover.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Agreed. One of the best ever, despite him revealing the truth about everyones phony heros.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »
Always interesting when individuals can not get "though" to people and Convince others that "there guy" was the best, and so out of Frustration they Resort to "insulting" the person in Question about what they think the person actually does do in his life out of Getbig, Fact is/was Nasser was a Very Very good BBer in his day...that much is Correct and true, the BEST he Never was, why this Debate continues is Bizarre @ best, Desperate @ worst.

no johnny it was not that way at all.. i only mentioned that nasser beat kevin and shawn at more than one occasion when they were on and this is a fact but ND didn't agree with this.. then when i mentioned the shows i meant and he couldnt argue that shawn and kevin were really on in these shows he started to change the topic and make it comparisons between nasser and these guys in general and who beat who more ::)

dont tell me shawn was not on in 95, 97, and, 98.. the guy was always on and i respect him for that and nasser beat him in these years.. kevin too was on in 97 and 98 and was beaten by nasser so my claim was very true.. and i made this claim when paker mentioned that nasser NEVER beat any of the top guys when they were on!!..

sure nasser was one of the very best pros in his time and we are not trying to put him in a better position.. we just put him in the right place when these ppl try to change the reality to show that nasser was not among the best.. all of us who are in their 30s now know the 90s era very well and know who was nasser in it!!..

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
I was making Reference to what Swami was trading with ND on, i stand bye what i said However regarding Nasser in that he was Very Very good just never the Best @ what he Done.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
I was making Reference to what Swami was trading with ND on, i stand bye what i said However regarding Nasser in that he was Very Very good just never the Best @ what he Done.

same can be said about ray, kevin, and flex that they were very very good but not the best so nasser was among them as i mentioned.. and it's very strange from ppl like ND and paker to say the guy who won the NOC and the AC and was placed very well in the olympia not from the very best!!..

imo the only thing guys like ray and kevin have over nasser is that they ended their careers in better ways than nasser but when they were all in their best days sure they were all considered in the same level and not to add that nasser was the crowd favorites and he and dorian were the 2 most popular bbs in the mid 90s with no one close to their popularity.. also after 95 mr. olympia nasser was the only guy that made ppl think he could really beat dorian and be mr. olympia.. ray, kevin, and even flex were never taken seriously when it came to dethroning yates!!..

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 08:33:22 PM »
The same could be said about the above mentioned as None of that lot were THE BEST as in NUMBER 1 as well, the only way you could say going on statistics who was "better" of that lot is....well who won the Most pro shows out of them or who won the most A/C contests out of them........... or as some of said Going head to head as in Nasser v Kevin...Nasser v Flex etc....going on that basis it would be etheir Kevin or Flex or even Vince Taylor who if memory's serves right won a heap of Pro titles back in the day including the Masters O, im not sure where Nasser places among them as well i have no idea how many shows he won compared to that group as well............Bottom Line none of them won the MR OLYMPIA TITLE that Distinction as the Undisputed number 1 belongs to Haney, Yates, Coleman during their respective Eras

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
The same could be said about the above mentioned as None of that lot were THE BEST as in NUMBER 1 as well, the only way you could say going on statistics who was "better" of that lot is....well who won the Most pro shows out of them or who won the most A/C contests out of them........... or as some of said Going head to head as in Nasser v Kevin...Nasser v Flex etc....going on that basis it would be etheir Kevin or Flex or even Vince Taylor who if memory's serves right won a heap of Pro titles back in the day including the Masters O, im not sure where Nasser places among them as well i have no idea how many shows he won compared to that group as well............Bottom Line none of them won the MR OLYMPIA TITLE that Distinction as the Undisputed number 1 belongs to Haney, Yates, Coleman during their respective Eras

no doubt dorian's career is the best among all the 90s top pros and he was the man to beat!!.. at his best (93 and 95) no one can argue he was a great mr. olympia..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:21 AM »
no johnny it was not that way at all.. i only mentioned that nasser beat kevin and shawn at more than one occasion when they were on and this is a fact but ND didn't agree with this.. then when i mentioned the shows i meant and he couldnt argue that shawn and kevin were really on in these shows he started to change the topic and make it comparisons between nasser and these guys in general and who beat who more ::)

dont tell me shawn was not on in 95, 97, and, 98.. the guy was always on and i respect him for that and nasser beat him in these years.. kevin too was on in 97 and 98 and was beaten by nasser so my claim was very true.. and i made this claim when paker mentioned that nasser NEVER beat any of the top guys when they were on!!..

sure nasser was one of the very best pros in his time and we are not trying to put him in a better position.. we just put him in the right place when these ppl try to change the reality to show that nasser was not among the best.. all of us who are in their 30s now know the 90s era very well and know who was nasser in it!!..

I didn't change the topic I broadened it to show you the big picture and where Nasser fit in compared against two guys that were routinely better bodybuilders. I gave you a prime example 1996 Mr Olympia Nasser was on and so was Shawn Ray where did Nasser finish? behind Shawn because he wasn't good enough to beat a 205lb bodybuilder , same with Nasser and Kevin in 1995 who beat who when both were on? Kevin as usual.

If Kevin and Shawn were on and so was Nasser he was going to lose , period. why? he's not in their league period. the best of the 90s was Dorian bar none he was the top of the heap , then Flex. Flex if he was on ( and even if he wasn't ) could beat anyone , then Kevin and Shawn and then further down the rung is Nasser , this is a fact of life. You people always try and rewrite history and act like Nasser was something more than he was which was a B tier pro who even when he was at his best still would get beat by better guys.

As long as you guys keep trying to fluff up Nasser's accomplishments I'll keep beating you over the head with facts.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 01:50:32 AM »
same can be said about ray, kevin, and flex that they were very very good but not the best so nasser was among them as i mentioned.. and it's very strange from ppl like ND and paker to say the guy who won the NOC and the AC and was placed very well in the olympia not from the very best!!..

imo the only thing guys like ray and kevin have over nasser is that they ended their careers in better ways than nasser but when they were all in their best days sure they were all considered in the same level and not to add that nasser was the crowd favorites and he and dorian were the 2 most popular bbs in the mid 90s with no one close to their popularity.. also after 95 mr. olympia nasser was the only guy that made ppl think he could really beat dorian and be mr. olympia.. ray, kevin, and even flex were never taken seriously when it came to dethroning yates!!..

Nasser isn't in their league and ironic that the NOC and AC wasn't against Flex or Shawn , although the AC was and he barely beat a way off Levrone who still managed to walk away with the most muscular title against a 287 pound Nasser , what's that tell you?

So that's all Shawn and Kevin had on Nasser? they ended their careers on a high note? ::) how about the fact that they both routinely beat him?  or they both had better physiques? the one thing Nasser had on both of them was popularity and that's it he appealed to the base fan with lots of size and the act that was a ' nice guy '

and who was thinking after the 1995 Mr Olympia Nasser would be able to beat Dorian? LMFAO this is where you really start to believe your own B.S. if anything after that contest people realized NO ONE could beat him especially after that contest. people were excited someone could compete with Dorian on size and Nasser feel for it and tried to compete bigger & bigger and guess where it landed him? no where. Anyone with a clear head could see Nasser couldn't compare to Dorian , he was lucky to beat Shawn & Kevin nevermind Dorian.

There was only one legitimate threat to Dorian Yates and that was Flex Wheeler , Dorian always said he is the one guy that could give him ' trouble ' as we all know how that turned out. It's the constant need to make Nasser out to be more that what he was that makes me laugh , hey you're from Egypt he's half Egyptian both interested in an obscure sport it's only natural for you want him to be right there but in reality he wasn't , no matter how much hemming and hawing Team Nasser does it doesn't change the fact that he wasn't in Dorian's league which was the A tier or as much as in Kevin's or Flex which was B tier he was relegated to the 3rd tier but hey he did pretty good for himself with all things considered but lets not try and rewrite history.  ;)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »
I didn't change the topic I broadened it to show you the big picture and where Nasser fit in compared against two guys that were routinely better bodybuilders. I gave you a prime example 1996 Mr Olympia Nasser was on and so was Shawn Ray where did Nasser finish? behind Shawn because he wasn't good enough to beat a 205lb bodybuilder , same with Nasser and Kevin in 1995 who beat who when both were on? Kevin as usual.

If Kevin and Shawn were on and so was Nasser he was going to lose , period. why? he's not in their league period. the best of the 90s was Dorian bar none he was the top of the heap , then Flex. Flex if he was on ( and even if he wasn't ) could beat anyone , then Kevin and Shawn and then further down the rung is Nasser , this is a fact of life. You people always try and rewrite history and act like Nasser was something more than he was which was a B tier pro who even when he was at his best still would get beat by better guys.

As long as you guys keep trying to fluff up Nasser's accomplishments I'll keep beating you over the head with facts.

Not too surprising that Team gasser continues to get brutally owned whenever they try to "fluff" their mancrush on getbig. 
I guess facts and logic continue to elude them when they have their delusional noses stuck up Nasser's  asscrack.

The delusional man with glasses needs to get a new PR team because the current team can't even muster up a decent defense. 

Whatever happened to that Levrone vs Nasser thread? The poor fools got torn apart in that exchange and left to whimper in the darkness. Based on the direction of this thread is headed -  history is about to repeat itself.  :D