Author Topic: Who is the most over-rated rock band of all-time?  (Read 25726 times)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Who is the most over-rated rock band of all-time?
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
A band I really like that gets very little love is TOOL.  They have a great sound.....

puscifer and perfect circle as well

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
RATM.. Best band of all time..

i really do like some of their stuff, too.  Their politics?  Not so much.....  ;D

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
I did not know that, I really thought he was joking :-X

He was diagnosed when he was very young and it was unbelievable to hear the rasp in his voice.  8) $$$$ Could not cure the pain from his stomach.  :-\ :-\
D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »
u2

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:14 AM »
He was diagnosed when he was very young and it was unbelievable to hear the rasp in his voice.  8) $$$$ Could not cure the pain from his stomach.  :-\ :-\

He found a cure.... 

was that going too far?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
I'll throw up Primus. They opened for U2 and they just noodled; I couldn't discern a single song. Just a sonic wall of garbage for 45 minutes.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
I'll throw up Primus. They opened for U2 and they just noodled; I couldn't discern a single song. Just a sonic wall of garbage for 45 minutes.

haha...... "My name is mud" for 45 minutes....

where does Loverboy fit into this discussion?  no homo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »
i really do like some of their stuff, too.  Their politics?  Not so much.....  ;D
Im the same.. but the innovative sound is what i like most.. no one else sounds like that right

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »
The Offspring.
D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:45 AM »
A band I really like that gets very little love is TOOL.  They have a great sound.....

Very little love? Nah, they are very popular from what I can see. Tool is amazing, Aenima is a masterpiece... one of the few instances when quality breaks into the mainstream, the pop charts.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
haha...... "My name is mud" for 45 minutes....

where does Loverboy fit into this discussion?  no homo
Oh Brother. Loverboy still gets airplay only because of CanCon. And, speaking of, if I hear 'Love is a Highway' one more time, I'm gonna go postal.   >:(

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »

hahaha

I saw them in concert ONCE at some festival - dave amtthew to me was same way - I had to walk ovr hippies dancing on their backs in mudd puddles - bunch of yodelings and guitar riffs, saxphone blow it out ur ass peace bullshit

I saw tenacious D - jack blacks band but it was just him and kyle gas - FCKN hilarious - saw them off 6th street in austin when I was 20
slipknot was cool in concert - they all threw up in a busket and then passed it around and drank it  - that guy ;clown; kept beatin this huge fckn drum - they are a percussion band really so cory is a btch but joey the drummer I met and he's like 9th in the world, guys was cool, played for manson and shit, they play charlotte alot

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2011, 09:52:24 AM »
Im the same.. but the innovative sound is what i like most.. no one else sounds like that right

For sure a unique sound....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
hahaha

I saw them in concert ONCE at some festival - dave amtthew to me was same way - I had to walk ovr hippies dancing on their backs in mudd puddles - bunch of yodelings and guitar riffs, saxphone blow it out ur ass peace bullshit

I saw tenacious D - jack blacks band but it was just him and kyle gas - FCKN hilarious - saw them off 6th street in austin when I was 20
slipknot was cool in concert - they all threw up in a busket and then passed it around and drank it  - that guy ;clown; kept beatin this huge fckn drum - they are a percussion band really so cory is a btch but joey the drummer I met and he's like 9th in the world, guys was cool, played for manson and shit, they play charlotte alot

I want a plane to fall on them at there next concert.  :D I had a roommate that played a song called, "Satellite" and i thought about killing him while he was sleeping.  ;D ;D
D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Very little love? Nah, they are very popular from what I can see. Tool is amazing, Aenima is a masterpiece... one of the few instances when quality breaks into the mainstream, the pop charts.

I'm talking about to the general public.  I bet 75% of the people on the street wouldn't have a clue who they were, or if they knew the name, couldn't name a song.  Not many others on this list that fall into that category.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
hahaha

Good call. Agree. All that atonal shit and saxophone honking. I get it, you're so hip it hurts. Now play something with rhythm/melody. Oh brother.

Bad News Brown

• Getbig II
  • How bout 5 cross yo lip?
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »
Metallica from 1991 to present....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
Good call. Agree. All that atonal shit and saxophone honking. I get it, you're so hip it hurts. Now play something with rhythm/melody. Oh brother.

I just wanna kick Dave Matthews in the face with a pair of Birks on.  :D Fucking Hippies are always pissing me off.

:D
D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »
Marci's Playground

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »
Marci's Playground

haha, i remember they played that song to DEATH for about 6 months....

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2011, 10:29:49 AM »
haha, i remember they played that song to DEATH for about 6 months....
[/quote

Was that the band that sang, "Sex and Candy"?  ??? ???

I might also put Everclear up on here too.
D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
I just wanna kick Dave Matthews in the face with a pair of Birks on.  :D Fucking Hippies are always pissing me off.

:D

I bartended in BOONE this weekend - its whre appalacian state is up in the mountains

fckn hippies all nite in that bitch - drank the shit outta the PBR then wanted somethg cheap so the fcks were drink $1.25 cans of Genesee Cream Ale

they were playin this shtty music, one kid had a space hemet on dancing around, one fck had a purple cape on with a collar n shit, girls with shitdredlocks, everyone smelled like gddamn hemp oil, stealin shit, eatin leaft ovr pizza crusts, there was coke all in the bathroom the next mornin, hippies are diff breed brah

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »
I gots to go wit metallica
aerosmith =the poor man's rolling stones, good group but vastly overrated.
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
I bartended in BOONE this weekend - its whre appalacian state is up in the mountains

fckn hippies all nite in that bitch - drank the shit outta the PBR then wanted somethg cheap so the fcks were drink $1.25 cans of Genesee Cream Ale

they were playin this shtty music, one kid had a space hemet on dancing around, one fck had a purple cape on with a collar n shit, girls with shitdredlocks, everyone smelled like gddamn hemp oil, stealin shit, eatin leaft ovr pizza crusts, there was coke all in the bathroom the next mornin, hippies are diff breed brah

haha, Spike I went to WCU and we used to laugh at all the hippies at App.  Bunch of wanna be toolbags..... Cartman on Southpark is my idol in regards to hippies....  ;D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
haha, Spike I went to WCU and we used to laugh at all the hippies at App.  Bunch of wanna be toolbags..... Cartman on Southpark is my idol in regards to hippies....  ;D

he was spot on

I swear that place scares me, if it werent for the cabbage i'd bounce but I got a job in char I start thurs nite so we'll see how this boone shit drops