Author Topic: Who is the most over-rated rock band of all-time?  (Read 25859 times)

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Who is the most over-rated rock band of all-time?
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 03:11:22 AM »
Metallica, best band ever. I'm sorry, this is unbeatable.

Here's two really cool clips

Can you imagine being in a band, getting on stage, and being able to rock the fuck out of a sea of people like that?  That takes balls of steel, lot's of good material, and a band that is amazing to watch live........yep, Metallica sucks alright.  OP is a dumbass!

I didn't watch the whole creeping death clip, but there is one out there from that Moscow show that talks about how like 10 people or so were trampled to death as that song played.  Sad but True.......sorry, couldn't resist. lol

Nickelback is the hands down winner of most overrated band ever by a mile.  They write some catchy pop rock hooks but everything they do sounds the same.  It's like everything is written with the goal of it being played in a strip bar.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »
Bruce Springsteen
ACDC
Kings of Leon
ColdPlay
Iggy Pop
Scorpions

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2011, 03:21:11 AM »
Tough call but my votes would be:

Kiss,
Limp Bizkit,
Creed
Korn

First three are definitely overrated.  Korn is awesome, and they get shit on and hardly any respect at all so not sure how they'd be overrated.  What they have is a rabid fan base becuase the lyrics Jonathon puts out there are so personal and hit home to people.  They also do more fan interaction than any band I can think of.  The one thing I will say about Korn was when they got locked into their contract they were unhappy because they always had pressure on them to make a hit......hence "Y'all Want a Single".  They are back to being Korn on the last cd and it kicks ass.  Korn, Metallica, and Godsmack put on the best live shows out there.  Say what you want, but all three have a lot of material that keeps the crowd waiting for "that song", they all give 100% everytime they play, and they all give back/ interact with their fans.  

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2011, 03:21:13 AM »
Bruce Springsteen
ACDC
Kings of Leon
ColdPlay
Iggy Pop
Scorpions

Band can't be overrated if no-one can even write it's name properly.  ::) Come on you fuckers. The band was established in 1974. You've had time...

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2011, 03:22:01 AM »
Band can't be overrated if no-one can even write it's name properly.  ::) Come on you fuckers. The band was established in 1974. You've had time...

is there a little lightning bolt symbol on a keyboard though? lol

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
is there a little lightning bolt symbol on a keyboard though? lol

No, but there's this / thing... I know I sound like a prick but imagine if people wrote Led Zeppelin as Lead Zeppelin or The Beatles as The Beetles. People just wouldn't accept it, because it's not the right way.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »
Suprised dat no one has mentioned Rush yet.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 03:47:18 AM »
guns n roses and the beatles should be no where near any of these lists... appetite for destruction and most of the later beatles albums were classics with out a doubt......

nickelback and  green day get my pick as garbage!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2011, 03:56:44 AM »
Speaking of The Beatles, da whole second side of Abbey Road is pure fucking genius 8)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 05:06:57 AM »
I'm old and the beatles are legendary. 

agreed

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2011, 05:09:03 AM »
I'm old too and they suck, I cringe everytime I hear one of their songs.

you're crazy

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:20 AM »
fulblown - kevin levrones band

:D

Superfunny!!!! ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2011, 05:12:41 AM »
Sorry-ass fuckin' Nirvana is #1 overrated band of all time......shit music, shit lyrics, shit singer.....  cobain probably listened to some of his own music and drove himself over the edge.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:10 AM »
WARRANT

ACDC

Lynard Skynard

Oasis

maybe even Elvis Costello

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2011, 05:18:25 AM »
Sorry-ass fuckin' Nirvana is #1 overrated band of all time......shit music, shit lyrics, shit singer.....  cobain probably listened to some of his own music and drove himself over the edge.
[/quote)]

agreed..forgot about Nirvana...add KISS too..I never got them

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »

Hmmm.....When i play Nirvana or listen to their records, i hear a child's song which makes it even more astonishing. I mean, they came out of no where to take out Michael Jackson off the charts. I grew up listening to them and even saw them live in Columbus, Ohio (Sigh) in 1992.....I was ten fucking years old and got my ass kicked in the pit. I guess everyone just listens to "Nevermind" which is a so-so album but Bleach and In Utero was was much better then Nevermind in my opinion.

Green Day is a great band too. Tre, Billy Joe and Mike just seem to be simple guys and that is what you love about bands like Bush, Blink -182, Red Hot Chili Pepper and Weezer. They will take the time to talk to you, sign shit for you and ask you, "did you enjoy the show?" If you do not like bands, do not listen to other people's shit and find some other music that you do like.  ;) I wonder how some bands keep putting out records but bands like Guns and Roses.....shaking my head......I mean, hell, people hate Thin Lizzy and how the fuck do you hate Thin Lizzy??  ??? ???
D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:20 AM »
grateful dead

and widespread panic type jam bands

only thg good for is finding good schrooms and lsd in the parkin lot b4 show - if not on psycs music sux

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2011, 06:55:22 AM »
My Chemical Romance

Three Doors Down

Kid Rock

D

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »
End of the day this is all opinion and its pointless.So many different types of music people like.Alot of people say a band is over rated when they havent probably listened to all there albums to justify the opinion.Its like in school people would say your music taste was shit or whatever and youd ask them if theyve heard any of said bands songs and theyd say ' no, but theyre shit'  ::)
Anyone who thinks the Beatles are over rated needs slapped.Any other bands who released 2 albums per year and still have so many good songs? Nope, didnt think so ;D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2011, 06:58:26 AM »
I know this has been said but I hate nickleback and some of puddle of shits songs

I want to punch chad kroger in his huge nose sometimes screamin and bitchin on the mic how in love he is

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2011, 07:00:10 AM »
End of the day this is all opinion and its pointless.So many different types of music people like.Alot of people say a band is over rated when they havent probably listened to all there albums to justify the opinion.Its like in school people would say your music taste was shit or whatever and youd ask them if theyve heard any of said bands songs and theyd say ' no, but theyre shit'  ::)
Anyone who thinks the Beatles are over rated needs slapped.Any other bands who released 2 albums per year and still have so many good songs? Nope, didnt think so ;D

somebodys is made cause avatar got dissed

but its like asking people what type of food sux or are haitains or west afikkans darker?? endless discussions but getbig needs good dialogue nonethe less

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2011, 07:01:59 AM »
I know this has been said but I hate nickleback and some of puddle of shits songs

I want to punch chad kroger in his huge nose sometimes screamin and bitchin on the mic how in love he is

THIS!!

Throw Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains on there too.  8)
D

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2011, 07:03:04 AM »
somebodys is made cause avatar got dissed

but its like asking people what type of food sux or are haitains or west afikkans darker?? endless discussions but getbig needs good dialogue nonethe less

LOL Nirvana are good man, but again thats just an opinion.I could totally understand if someone said they sucked though, cos of the music style

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
First three are definitely overrated.  Korn is awesome, and they get shit on and hardly any respect at all so not sure how they'd be overrated.  What they have is a rabid fan base becuase the lyrics Jonathon puts out there are so personal and hit home to people.  They also do more fan interaction than any band I can think of.  The one thing I will say about Korn was when they got locked into their contract they were unhappy because they always had pressure on them to make a hit......hence "Y'all Want a Single".  They are back to being Korn on the last cd and it kicks ass.  Korn, Metallica, and Godsmack put on the best live shows out there.  Say what you want, but all three have a lot of material that keeps the crowd waiting for "that song", they all give 100% everytime they play, and they all give back/ interact with their fans.  

I have tried in vain to like Korn but I just don't get their music. Just one of these things I guess.

I'm not sure why people are saying Guns n Roses and Metallica. Appetite for Destruction is one of the single greatest rock albums of all time and the Use Your Illusion albums are alright too. Only The Spaghetti Incident was shit.

Metallica too are good - I didn't like St Anger but Death Magnetic was fine. The Black album was awesome and their stuff before that was good too.

And as for the people saying AC/DC are overrated need their heads examined.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2011, 07:08:54 AM »
LOL Nirvana are good man, but again thats just an opinion.I could totally understand if someone said they sucked though, cos of the music style

I read his biography and had alot of his personal notes from his journal - he was an artists and I like nirvana

he really had like chroons disease or stomach ulcers BAD, he'd only eat mac n cheese from specific band

he was cool tho cause he talked in his juornal about meeting eddie van halen backstage and eddie was all coked out and drunk askin kurt for his autograph...I thk he became disinfranchised with whole 'music/band' thng after that, self-medicating, he'd still hang out in shitty parts of washington state after his plat albums (to get H tho but still) - shotgun was somethg else tho