Author Topic: The Post Office is doing great!  (Read 16504 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: The Post Office is doing great!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »
LMFAO by total revenue do you mean during its history of existence straw?
hahahaha you have a weird twisted way of looking at a lot of shit broham.....

fact is the post office has been doing shit for years now and they do borrow money from the tax payers in addition to the money they get for free every year from the tax payers...

but hey "they are doing just fine" arent they?

what you are referring to specifically

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 08:10:04 AM »
LMFAO by total revenue do you mean during its history of existence straw?

hahahaha you have a weird twisted way of looking at a lot of shit broham.....

fact is the post office has been doing shit for years now and they do borrow money from the tax payers in addition to the money they get for free every year from the tax payers...but hey "they are doing just fine" arent they?

what money do you think they are getting for free?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »
what you are referring to specifically
I was referring to the edit you made to take it out...

lol nice though...you said something along the lines of the money they take(which is in the millinos) pales in comparison to their total revenue...

which is now wisely taken down LOL :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
I was referring to the edit you made to take it out...

lol nice though...you said something along the lines of the money they take(which is in the millinos) pales in comparison to their total revenue...

which is now wisely taken down LOL :)

you mean the 96 million from the postal service fund?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
you mean the 96 million from the postal service fund?
LOL ive played this game with you straw i answer yours you run away, side step and never answer mine....

answer mine first seeing as i asked first brain child ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
LOL ive played this game with you straw i answer yours you run away, side step and never answer mine....

answer mine first seeing as i asked first brain child ;)

yeah - I don't have much time today to play on your retarded merry go round so I'll try to get it all in one post

the 96 million they receive is not for free - go back and look at my post and you'll see what services they provide for that money
That money represents about 1 tenth of 1 % of their total revenue (96 000 000 / 68 000 000 000 = 0.00141176471)

One of the major financial challenges facing the postal service is the same one that is facing our cities, federal government and large business......namely defined benefit pensions.   There is no way to budget to pay retired employees 80% of their salary for the rest of their life.   

Finally, the post office is mandated to be revenue neutral.   I say let them make a profit and see how quickly some of their problems go away (the pension problem will still be there regardless)

feel free to respond to all or none ........makes no difference to me either way

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »
yeah - I don't have much time today to play on your retarded merry go round so I'll try to get it all in one post

the 96 million they receive is not for free - go back and look at my post and you'll see what services they provide for that money
That money represents about 1 tenth of 1 % of their total revenue (96 000 000 / 68 000 000 000 = 0.00141176471)

One of the major financial challenges facing the postal service is the same one that is facing our cities, federal government and large business......namely defined benefit pensions.   There is no way to budget to pay retired employees 80% of their salary for the rest of their life.   

Finally, the post office is mandated to be revenue neutral.   I say let them make a profit and see how quickly some of their problems go away (the pension problem will still be there regardless)

feel free to respond to all or none ........makes no difference to me either way
lol the 96 million is free no where in your post does it say they have to pay it back...

so they make 68 billion a year? please quote that in your post...

of course they are supposed to be revenue nuetral you ignorant bastard otherwise the government would be able to drive private business out...you do understand that right?

the fact of the matter is though that they have lost money for years and years now

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »
lol the 96 million is free no where in your post does it say they have to pay it back...
so they make 68 billion a year? please quote that in your post...

of course they are supposed to be revenue nuetral you ignorant bastard otherwise the government would be able to drive private business out...you do understand that right?

the fact of the matter is though that they have lost money for years and years now

you must have a different defintion of free than the rest of the word

they receive those funds and provide a service

The USPS does get some taxpayer support. Around $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies, and for keeping some rural posts offices in operation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
you must have a different defintion of free than the rest of the word

they receive those funds and provide a service

The USPS does get some taxpayer support. Around $96 million is budgeted annually by Congress for the "Postal Service Fund." These funds are used to compensate USPS for postage-free mailing for all legally blind persons and for mail-in election ballots sent from US citizens living overseas. A portion of the funds also pays USPS for providing address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies, and for keeping some rural posts offices in operation.
LMAO those are part of their operations brain child...

does UPS or FEDEX get free money from the govt to help cover part of their operations expenses?

LOL does the USPS pay the money back? well then its free isnt it?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »
LMAO those are part of their operations brain child...

does UPS or FEDEX get free money from the govt to help cover part of their operations expenses?

LOL does the USPS pay the money back? well then its free isnt it?

are you seriously this dumb

I know you don't understand the definition of the word "free" but how about the definition of the word "compensate"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
are you seriously this dumb

I know you don't understand the definition of the word "free" but how about the definition of the word "compensate"
do you know what operation expenses are?

that is part of the operations of the USPS...

does UPS or FEDEX get money to help cover their operations expenses?

LOL

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
do you know what operation expenses are?

that is part of the operations of the USPS...

does UPS or FEDEX get money to help cover their operations expenses?

LOL

let's make a deal

you can continue to believe they are getting something for free (i.e. providing no service) and I will continue to not give a shit if you think that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »
let's make a deal

you can continue to believe they are getting something for free (i.e. providing no service) and I will continue to not give a shit if you think that
LOL sure bro, youre in finance and dont understand operation expenses...that is part of what they are supposed to do in the line of their business...

does FEDEX and UPS get money to help cover part of what they are supposed to do in the line of their business?

the USPS also gets to borrow money against the tax payer at discounted rates...this is one of the only reasons they are able to stay solvent despite the year after year of million dollar loses...

LOL sorry hoss

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »
LOL sure bro, youre in finance and dont understand operation expenses...that is part of what they are supposed to do in the line of their business...

does FEDEX and UPS get money to help cover part of what they are supposed to do in the line of their business?

the USPS also gets to borrow money against the tax payer at discounted rates...this is one of the only reasons they are able to stay solvent despite the year after year of million dollar loses...

LOL sorry hoss

the truly miniscule amount of money provided by postal servcie funds is compensation for service rendered

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
the truly miniscule amount of money provided by postal servcie funds is compensation for service rendered
yes in return for a service that is part of their business...

does FedEx or UPS get money from the govt for doing something that they are supposed to do in line with part of their business?

does FedEx or UPS get to borrow money against the tax payer at discounted rates to help prop them up in the face of year after year of million dollar loses?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 11:30:18 AM »
yes in return for a service that is part of their business...
does FedEx or UPS get money from the govt for doing something that they are supposed to do in line with part of their business?

does FedEx or UPS get to borrow money against the tax payer at discounted rates to help prop them up in the face of year after year of million dollar loses?

why do you keep saying this

how is it "part of their business" to provide a service for free?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
why do you keep saying this

how is it "part of their business" to provide a service for free?
LOL b/c its part of their BUSINESS!!!!!!

so anytime a business does something for free in the line of their duties they get money from the govt?

LOL just b/c they do it for free doesnt mean its not in line with their BUSINESSS!!!!!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
LOL b/c its part of their BUSINESS!!!!!!
so anytime a business does something for free in the line of their duties they get money from the govt?

LOL just b/c they do it for free doesnt mean its not in line with their BUSINESSS!!!!!!!!

you've said that many times

how do you arrive at the conclusion that it's part of therir business to provide a free service?

why should they provide free postage to legally blind people as "part of their business" or why should they free postage for mail in ballots from people living abroad?

Are they a charity organization?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »
you've said that many times

how do you arrive at the conclusion that it's part of therir business to provide a free service?

why should they provide free postage to legally blind people as "part of their business" or why should they free postage for mail in ballots from people living abroad?

Are they a charity organization?
LOL b/c like any business those who control it deem it part of their business...

do any private businesses get money to compensate them for the things they do for free?

do any private businesses get to borrow money from the tax payers at discount rates to make up for year after year of running in the red?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
LOL b/c like any business those who control it deem it part of their business...

I have no idea why you're still arguing this point or what point you're even trying to make.
The Federal goverenment provides a tiny amount of money to compensate the post office for providing specific services.

do any private businesses get money to compensate them for the things they do for free?
you tell me.  I don't even know what "issue" you're trying to argue at this point

do any private businesses get to borrow money from the tax payers at discount rates to make up for year after year of running in the red?

banks, auto companies, are two examples that come to mind

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
Ha ha - I have never run in the red once.  I guess I have to pay the rip off rate instead of the discount rate if I want to borrow money.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 11:13:51 AM »
Postal Service to Begin Closing Plants This Summer
Thursday, 17 May 2012

The nearly bankrupt U.S. Postal Service is moving ahead with plans to close dozens of mail processing centers, saying it can no longer wait for Congress to decide how to cut postal costs.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe says postal operations are simply too big given declining mail volume. The agency will consolidate 140 mail processing centers within the next year, including 48 this August. Most will occur next January and February, after the busy election and holiday mail season.

Another 89 closings would occur in 2014.

The Postal Service had previously planned to close 252 mail processing centers beginning this summer but was awaiting congressional action.

With Congress stalled over a bill, the mail agency say it is moving forward, but now over a longer timeframe.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Posta-service-closing-centers/2012/05/17/id/439415

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »
LOL!!

That is a disaster.

Yeah, lets trust the government with the responsibility of handling health care insurance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »
Postal Service offers buyouts, with $15K incentive in latest cost-cutting plan
Published May 26, 2012
FoxNews.com

The U.S. Postal Service announced late Friday it would offer thousands of mail-handlers a $15,000 incentive to retire early, the most recent attempt by the financially-strapped agency to cut costs and stay open for business.

The voluntary offer was extended to roughly 45,000 full-time union employees. It is part of the agency’s larger plan to cut its workforce by 150,000 over the next three years and close hundreds of mail-procession centers.

Postal officials said such changes are necessary as a result of the recession and because Americans continue to pay bills and perform other, similar tasks online, instead of doing them through the mail.

Officials said 60 percent of Americans now pay their bills online, compared to just 5 percent in 2000. They also said mail volume peaked at 213 billion in 2006, but has since plummeted by more than 25 percent.

Official also have said the congressional mandate to pre-fund retirement health care benefits has contributed to financial problems.

The agency reportedly lost more than $6 billion in the first two quarters of fiscal 2012.

Eligible employees must decide by July and leave in August. Those who accept the offer will receive the money in two installments – December 2012 and December 2013.

A similar, pro-rated deal is being offered to many part-time employees. Handlers perform such tasks as sorting mail in processing centers as well as loading and unloading trucks.

The National Postal Mail Handlers Union said the deal is "intended to provide a financial cushion and added peace of mind for mail handlers who might be prepared to move on to the next chapter of their lives."

The agency also wanted to close some low-volume rural post offices to save money, but announced earlier this month, amid public outcry, to instead reduce hours of operation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/26/postal-service-offers-buyouts-with-15k-incentive-in-latest-cost-cutting-plan/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
Why do blind people get free postage?

???