Author Topic: My Doctor (Pravin Mehta) was arrested today...Trying to Stay Positive!!!!!  (Read 13146 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Was walking up to my Dr's office today to get a script for bloodwork (Test FSH, LH, TSH, IGF-1) and notice four police officers with machine guns standing outside the door.  I said "is he closed?"  figuring one of the patients flipped out in there, which was an everyday occurrence, and the cop said "Oh yeah he's closed".  Then I see this a few hours later.  Holy Cow!!!!! (not just saying that because he's from India)  Man,  all I get is Test and Nexium from him.  I'm going to go back tommorow and see if I can get my script because I did call the anwering service and they said "The Good Doctor" (Not DR. FIST)  will be back tomorrow.  

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police-courts/police-blotter/article325299.ece

Watch the video, it's interesting (Not more that Mr. Falcon's though)

GODSPEED TO DR. PRAVIN MEHTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAYING POSITIVE IN AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Federal agents and Niagara Falls Police raided the office of a Niagara Falls doctor this morning in connection with a major investigation into the illegal distribution of prescription pain pills.

The raid at the office of Dr. Pravin V. Mehta on Main Street, followed a lengthy probe by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Attorney's office and other agencies, sources familiar with the case told The Buffalo News.

At about 9:10 a.m., a team of 15 agents from a DEA-led task force went into Mehta's office, which is in an older, run-down-looking three-story building at the corner of Main Street and Third Street in the Falls. The office is roughly a half-mile from the Rainbow Bridge to Canada.

About 9:35 a.m., police led him in handcuffs from the office and into a waiting car.

Three uniformed police officers with automatic weapons stood outside the building.

While agents who conducted the raid declined to comment, law enforcement officials with knowledge of the case told The News that criminal charges will be filed against Mehta, 72, and several other people connected with his medical practice.

Details of the charges are expected to be made public later today at federal court.

Known as Pravin Mehta and a resident of the Getzville section of Amherst, Mehta graduated from a medical school in England in 1965, and has been licensed to practice medicine in New York State since 1976.

The News learned that federal drug agents and Falls police have investigated Mehta for months, in part because of state Health Department statistics that show that the Niagara Falls doctor routinely prescribes far more painkiller drugs for his patients than almost any physician in the state.

The drugs involved are believed to be hydrocodone and oxycotin, prescription opiates classified as controlled substances. These medications -- addictive and potent -- have become the drugs-of-choice in the illegal drug market, and have been associated with several recent fatal overdoses in the Buffalo-Niagara area.

When prescribed by a doctor, as many as 90 pills are often purchased for the cost of a co-payment -- typically around $6.

But the drugs sell for much more on the street, as much as $80 for a single 80-mg. oxycotin pill.

Federal agents and Niagara Falls police believe some of the painkillers that Mehta prescribed wound up being illegally sold on the black market and used illegally by young people.

While not commenting on the Mehta probe, U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr. said last week that his office and the Buffalo DEA office consider the illegal trafficking of prescription painkillers one of the most serious and fastest-growing crime problems in the region.

As part of a nationwide DEA "Prescription Drug Take-Back" program last September, federal agents in Western New York recovered more than 1.5 tons of unneeded prescription drugs that were turned in by concerned citizens, said Dale M. Kasprzyk, special agent in charge of the Buffalo DEA office.

Last July, DEA agents arrested 34 people from Buffalo and its suburbs in what was called the biggest crackdown on prescription drug trafficking ever conducted in Western New York.

None of those charged in that case were doctors, and law enforcement officials said the arrest of a physician, such as Mehta, is unusual.

Those arrested today are expected to appear in federal court later today. Hochul's office will prosecute the cases.

Healthgrades.com, a service that rates and collects information about doctors and hospitals throughout the country, gave Mehta a rating of 2.5 stars out of a possible five.

He specializes in diabetes, metabolism, and endocrinology as part of his internal medicine practice, according to state health department records.

He is is currently affiliated with Mount St. Mary's Hospital & Health Center in Lewiston. There are no malpractice actions, sanctions or disciplinary actions against Mehta, according to the health department records.

Mehta graduated from the University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England, and has done residencies in England, Toronto and Buffalo, the ratings service said.

He did his residency in internal medicine at Erie County Medical Center in 1976, and became board certified in 1977. He then became board certified in endocrinolgy and metabolism in 1989.

Mehta is married to Malini Mehta, 73, also a medical doctor, who works at the Buffalo Psychiatric Center.

The couple lives in Amherst, in a house on Markley Drive in Getzville assessed at $330,000. They also own a home on Scamridge Court in Amherst, assessed at $158,400.

The Mehtas also own some properties in Buffalo and Niagara Falls.

In 1993, The News reported that Pravin Mehta was part of a team of American doctors who went to India to work in a temporary medical camp for 15 days. The team provided free medical treatment to about 20,000 patients.

Alex23

Re: My Dr. was arrested today-TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »
Was walking up to my Dr's office today to get a script for bloodwork (Test FSH, LH, TSH, IGF-1) and notice four police officers with machine guns standing outside the door.  I said "is he closed?"  figuring one of the patients flipped out in there, which was an everyday occurrence, and the cop said "Oh yeah he's closed".  Then I see this a few hours later.  Holy Cow!!!!! (not just saying that because he's from India)  Man,  all I get is Test and Nexium from him.  I'm going to go back tommorow and see if I can get my script because I did call the anwering service and they said "The Good Doctor" (Not DR. FIST)  will be back tomorrow. 

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police-courts/police-blotter/article325299.ece

Watch the video, it's interesting (Not more that Mr. Falcon's though)

GODSPEED TO DR. PRAVIN MEHTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAYING POSITIVE IN AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool voice "fallsview" ;D

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
Hey Alex, How did you like TO?  Hope you didn't waste any money on that strip club the "Brass Rail".  My wife and I went in there and even she said it was lame.LOL.  Best Strippers are in Niagara Falls CA.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: My Doctor (Pravin Mehta) was arrested today
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »
I see no problem in what the good doctor was doing.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:46:38 PM »
I see no problem in what the good doctor was doing.

Neither do I.  I am on Test and he has me go for a bloodtest every two months.  When I was last in there,  they were forcing a patient to take a urine test.  He waited an hour, called his friend and he went to the bathroom with him.  The nurses flipped out, started yelling at them and telling them, we're not taking that sample because it's not yours. His office is in an economically depressed area (ghetto)  I've been going to this Dr. since I was 14. As if there isn't enough crime, the police HAVE TO MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!

STAYING POSITIVE EVEN THOUGH BEATDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »
Can't see what you posted-I'm at the office and it just shows up as a blank space.  I leave for my weekly Albany trip in a few hours-thank God I'm not driving...Its been a stressful day

STAY POSITIVE BECAUSE THE GRIM SLEEPER IS BEHIND BARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »
15 armed feds raiding a 72-year old's office?

I mean, overkill much?
Deep Tissue Massage

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36:48 PM »

I mean, overkill much?

Sterons are serious business.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 11:35:52 PM »
What the hell am I going to do now?  Finding a good Endo is hard around here. 

STAYING POSITIVE EVEN WHEN FEARING THE UNKNOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 01:02:17 AM »

I mean, overkill much?

THIS.

Ironic, the number of crimes in progress they probably drove past with their SWAT van on the way to see the elderly man.

Hookers in trunks, etc.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 01:31:12 AM »
THIS.

Ironic, the number of crimes in progress they probably drove past with their SWAT van on the way to see the elderly man.

Hookers in trunks, etc.

You are right, since the doctors office is in a "bad" part of town.  I don't know when this started to happen but his patients became more and more "trashy".  People would be on their cell phone in the office, talking super loud and swearing right infront of children.  One guy even brought in a 40oz'er and was drinking it in the waiting room.  I remember back in the eighties going their and the patients were middle class, non-medicad people.  I guess it could be called a "Hood in downfall".

STAY POSITIVE....IT'S ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: My Doctor (Pravin Mehta) was arrested today...Trying to Stay Positive!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
Fallsview:  You live in Buffalo?

I'm from wny too. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
Hey Alex, How did you like TO?  Hope you didn't waste any money on that strip club the "Brass Rail".  My wife and I went in there and even she said it was lame.LOL.  Best Strippers are in Niagara Falls CA.

Love the brass.  BUT, nothing on the 'downer.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
Such bullshit bro. They needed 15 swat guys for a freaken doctors office. What a bunch of shit. We need to get rid of the dea, atf, all of those worthless organizations. What a waste of tax payer money. It's turning into a police state in this country. I'm gonna have a meltdown.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 08:33:15 AM »
Such bullshit bro. They needed 15 swat guys for a freaken doctors office. What a bunch of shit. We need to get rid of the dea, atf, all of those worthless organizations. What a waste of tax payer money. It's turning into a police state in this country. I'm gonna have a meltdown.

Credibility destroyed.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
why do we need all of these different organizations. The war on drugs is a huge failure.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
why do we need all of these different organizations. The war on drugs is a huge failure.

You have ZERO idea about what you speak of.  

The reason we have these orgs are plentyfold.  Obviously, the war on crime is the first.  Without these orgs, we have MUCH MUCH greater problems. 

Secondly, they provide jobs.  Not only for the agents, but for judges, lawyers, corrections officers etc.  Need I continue?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
You mean they create more goverement jobs with bloated pensions and salaries.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
You mean they create more goverement jobs with bloated pensions and salaries.

Good one.  Let's just abolish the DEA.  You MUST be retarded.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:31 AM »
stay positive fagview .. don't let this deter yu

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »
stay positive fagview .. don't let this deter yu

Sev:  why aren't you posting anymore pics of your latest conquests?  What gives?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
Good one.  Let's just abolish the DEA.  You MUST be retarded.

Whyn't we have enough regular cops. Why can't they do it. Why does the goverement need a million different branches and organizations? They need to get rid of half of them.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
Sev:  why aren't you posting anymore pics of your latest conquests?  What gives?
lack of conquests?  >:(

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
Whyn't we have enough regular cops. Why can't they do it. Why does the goverement need a million different branches and organizations? They need to get rid of half of them.

I can't believe i'm even responding to you.

You thing regular cop joe blow is gonna be able to do the job that the DEA agents do?

Enough already.