Author Topic: Super Bowl Snacks 2010  (Read 8641 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Super Bowl Snacks 2010
« on: January 28, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Might try these

Maple-Bacon Potato Skins
Directions
Toppings: Apple butter, crisp bacon and maple syrup on cheesy skins

Pierce 4 large russet potatoes with a fork. Bake directly on the oven rack at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then quarter lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Brush both sides with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake, skin-side up, at 450 degrees until crisp, about 15 minutes. Add your favorite team toppings. (For cheesy skins, flip the baked shells over before topping, sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese and bake an extra 5 minutes.)

(a review said to put the cheese on top of everything)

And this was good...thanks shannon

Oh everyone this is a must try superbowl chip dip. It is absolutly fantastic and all the guys here go crazy for it.  Take a few pieces of chicken breast boil till done. Then in a glass pan any size of your choice spread some low fat cream cheese on the bottom. Then there's this amazing buffalo chicken sauce called texas petes buffalo hot sauce. Pour some of that ontop of the cream cheese. Then take your chicken and shred it into pieces. Put the shredded chicken into a frying pan and saute it with a small amount of butter and somemore of the buffalo sauce. Then put the shredded chicken ontop of the cream chesse and ontop of that add ranch [or blue cheese] dressing. Just kind of drap the dressing on top of it. But not too much. You just kinda have to eyeball it. This is absolutly the best dip ever. As far as the hot sauce Texas Pete is not too spicy but just perfect. Then grap some torrtiila chips and enjoy watching the Patriots Kick some Butt!

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Super Bowl Snacks 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »
I never snack, just eat 1 or 2 healthy proper meals per day... also I haven't a clue what your superbowel is.

xL
London England

ps: it's 2011 now.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 01:23:49 PM »
lolol

Actually I adored stuffed up potato skins and the way you do them there when I was there, so carry on !

xL

who's playing and when is it?  We don't get it here...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »
lolol

Actually I adored stuffed up potato skins and the way you do them there when I was there, so carry on !

xL

who's playing and when is it?  We don't get it here...

It's Feb 6. 

Green Bay vs Steelers
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
BBQ sauced and hot sauced chicken wings with beef nachos on the side and a 24 of Corona.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
thread worthless without pics...

bench

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »
I lied, you know that.  Well no, I don't lie I just exaggerate.  I actually know more about American Football and touchdowns and hockey than I do about cricket.  They just don't show American Football or Ice Hockey here.

with mad love
xL

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 02:26:51 PM »
I lied, you know that.  Well no, I don't lie I just exaggerate.  I actually know more about American Football and touchdowns and hockey than I do about cricket.  They just don't show American Football or Ice Hockey here.

with mad love
xL
i dont know shit about football...other than its played in quarters, and the quarterback throws the ball...

bench

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
football is soccer to you and I'll teach you the offside rule anytime, my grandad played for Liverpool FC for a few years before he signed up again and went off to the trenches to fight in WW2.

xL

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
football is soccer to you and I'll teach you the offside rule anytime, my grandad played for Liverpool FC for a few years before he signed up again and went off to the trenches to fight in WW2.

xL
Love the Premeir league and follow it along with Serie A religiously.  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »
Here's a couple of old cakes, maybe from 2010:

madly
Linda
xxx

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »
What is the best type of cracker/pita chip/etc to serve w/hot crab dip?

Saw on a cooking show nachos made w/pulled pork and bbq sauce and nacho melted cheese (queso-like) on them.  I don't know if this sounds good or gross.    Migs?
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »
pita chips are good, escpecially if warmed/toasted.  Crackers I prefer a very crisp and thicker water craker or table cracker.  the pulled pork nachos sound good, excpet to me they seem like they would look kinda gross.  also the queso-like chhese and the pulled pork would seem to have a strange texture combo.  Kinda seems like it would be slimey.  Not sure but it could work. it would be a messy nacho, which is always good.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
pita chips are good, escpecially if warmed/toasted.  Crackers I prefer a very crisp and thicker water craker or table cracker.  the pulled pork nachos sound good, excpet to me they seem like they would look kinda gross.  also the queso-like chhese and the pulled pork would seem to have a strange texture combo.  Kinda seems like it would be slimey.  Not sure but it could work. it would be a messy nacho, which is always good.

They did look gross...but I do like all the ingredients.  Will review if I try.
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 08:45:21 AM »
got invited to a superbowl party...was told later that its a pot luck(married ppl  ::))

any easy ideas? is it bad manners to just go buy something?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
is it bad manners to just go buy something?

not at all.  I'd take a 24-pack of the best beer you can afford.  

If you can't cook, you can't cook, so don't even try.  You could offer to buy pizzas for everyone if there's no food when you get there and you've still got any money left...

Reckon they invited you so you could fetch the beer?
xL

Please don't put $all your money$ betting on the losing team beforehand, save enough for sufficient beers.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
got invited to a superbowl party...was told later that its a pot luck(married ppl  ::))

No.  Just might want to make sure it's something "decent."  A friend if mine's family invited a guy to Christmas dinner and it wasn't a prerequisite that he bring anything and it was the thought that counted but he brought 2 bags of chips.

If you don't want to make anything you might think about taking a platter of sushi over there...if you want to make something easy, you could take BBQ pulled pork (just take it in the crockpot you made it in so you can plug it in and keep warm) and rolls (croissant rolls are good).

And def. take a bottle of wine or some beer or whatever also.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
We've got the 6-nations rugby starting tonight.  Think your American Football devolved from our Rugby?

I only watch American Football (yawn) when it's touchdown and you've a few minutes to discuss snacks and who brought what and where's the beer, or better still when rapt, watching them bend over with their padded bums.  

Your Cheerleaders are entertaining too, we don't have them...

xxxLinda

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
What is the best type of cracker/pita chip/etc to serve w/hot crab dip?

Saw on a cooking show nachos made w/pulled pork and bbq sauce and nacho melted cheese (queso-like) on them.  I don't know if this sounds good or gross.    Migs?

Have you already committed to to the crab?  Check your label.  Where's it from   :-X

I think I'd like a buttery cracker, like a Townhouse (low salt) or even a Triscuit (low salt).
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »

Depends on the crowd and what you bring.  Do you have a Sams or Costco membership?
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »
I wouldn't bother attempting to carry in a tray of sushi either...

If they've invited you, they'll provide snacks.  Just fetch beer and hope your team wins !

xxx
Linda

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »
Crackers I prefer a very crisp and thicker water craker or table cracker. 

I find those very bland and boring except for stronger cheeses.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
No.  Just might want to make sure it's something "decent."  A friend if mine's family invited a guy to Christmas dinner and it wasn't a prerequisite that he bring anything and it was the thought that counted but he brought 2 bags of chips.

Some people are so obtuse  ::)
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
I wouldn't bother attempting to carry in a tray of sushi either...

If they've invited you, they'll provide snacks.  Just fetch beer and hope your team wins !

xxx
Linda

It's a pot luck.  That means everyone brings something.
: