Author Topic: Fisher leaves the Titans!!!  (Read 1149 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Fisher leaves the Titans!!!
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
WTF???

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2011/01/28/Jeff-Fisher-Time-to-move-on/UPI-63901296266975/

citing differences since the whole vince young thing and being tired and needing rest...

does this mean vince comes back to the titans?

do the titans slip in performace next season

fisher is undoubtedly a good coach and i think the franchises betting on vince really cost them over the last 2 seasons and now basically having no qb and no head coach.

good news for the Texans though  ;D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Fisher leaves the Titans!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »
gay mustache

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 06:10:58 AM »
Unbelievable that he was there for 16 complete seasons. That's an awful lot of job security for a team that didn't win a whole lot after 2003.

They blew the #1 seed in 2008 by losing to the #6 seeded Ravens at home. Probably should have been fired after that loss.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:16:16 AM »
Unbelievable that he was there for 16 complete seasons. That's an awful lot of job security for a team that didn't win a whole lot after 2003.

They blew the #1 seed in 2008 by losing to the #6 seeded Ravens at home. Probably should have been fired after that loss.

yea they havent had any real success in a while but they are always right there in the running for the playoffs

just crazy that they let vince go which i totally understand and agree with and then fisher leaves...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »
yea they havent had any real success in a while but they are always right there in the running for the playoffs

just crazy that they let vince go which i totally understand and agree with and then fisher leaves...

Yeah...keeping Young and firing Fisher is what should have happened. Young is going to be starting for another NFL team in the future. He could go to the Vikings or the Raiders. The Raiders would be a good choice because of Hue Jackson running the offense there.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »
Yeah...keeping Young and firing Fisher is what should have happened. Young is going to be starting for another NFL team in the future. He could go to the Vikings or the Raiders. The Raiders would be a good choice because of Hue Jackson running the offense there.
i dont think vince will ever be successful he just doesnt have it mentally man...gets upset and frustrated and doesnt know how to deal with it

id like to see him start somewhere though just for the drams  ;D

wonder where fisher ends up?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »
Too bad.  I think he was one of the best coaches in the NFL.  He did quite a lot without the greatest talent across the board.  His teams were well coached. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »
i dont think vince will ever be successful he just doesnt have it mentally man...gets upset and frustrated and doesnt know how to deal with it

id like to see him start somewhere though just for the drams  ;D

wonder where fisher ends up?

Yes but he has a winning record as a starter. Give him a fresh environment and it may do him so good. If he's willing to put in the work in the film room and do all of the little things necessary to take the next level, he's got a chance to start somewhere else.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:26 AM »
Mike Munchak is now the New Coach for the Titans.