Author Topic: PHIL HEATH Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Listen Now)  (Read 30129 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PHIL HEATH Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Listen Now)
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:47:23 AM »
Announcement - Episode #211

Phil Heath Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Replay Now Available)

Bonus Report: Chad & Phil Discuss 2011 "Prep" Strategy!  

Its been more than 4 months since Phil Heath assumed the position of "World's Second Best" and it appeared he was ready to conquer Columbus next month.  This week on PBW, Heath discusses a variety of topics, including his surprising decision to pass up an opportunity for his first Arnold title...and it now appears that his singular target is Jay Cutler! - As part of this week's show, "The Gift" also chats with Chad Nicholls about his preparation strategy to defeat the reigning 4-time champion.  Presented by MuscleTech, the 2011 season of bodybuilding talk radio airs LIVE on Mondays at 8pm ET.

Catch the replay at www.BodybuildingRadio.com
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, Six Star Muscle, MAP, and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC' USA Championships

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PHIL HEATH Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
When Cutler was Phil's age would HE have skipped the Arnold?  

;)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »
gunning is a stupid thing to say; figures you'd say it   lol  what a retart

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
there's gotta be some reason why he's so young and won't compete there. 

Maybe he's fearing he'll be seen as the next Cormier... he was runner up like SIX times... Phil's nearly halfway there already. 

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:07 AM »
If Phil wins the olympia, people won't be asking these questions.  If he gets 3rd or 4th, what will they say about him? 
Team MEL

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:31:54 AM »
If Phil wins the olympia, people won't be asking these questions.  If he gets 3rd or 4th, what will they say about him? 

jay's brand is at its' peak.  do you think the ifbb will pull the rug on him?  phil had him beat in pre-judging last yr and finished 2nd to him. 

phil is a fool. 

i wouldnt give him shit until he wins a damn arnold first.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
phil came in phenomenal and lost.  jay came in (having seen better days) and won.

until jay retires, there's not much phil can do.

Still, 2nd or 3rd at the O every year ain't the worst thing in the world.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 10:06:57 PM »
phil is 31 ...... Young my arse

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:44 AM »
 Too much synthol, and soft blow up muscle all over. Weird looking physique.

Someone grab him by his thong and throw him in the dumpster. He's garbage.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
phil came in phenomenal and lost.  jay came in (having seen better days) and won.

until jay retires, there's not much phil can do.

Still, 2nd or 3rd at the O every year ain't the worst thing in the world.

Chad is saying that Phil can't do anything to beat Jay (other than Jay beating himself), which I agree with.  When the #2 guy in the world is powerless to take the title, it brings in the real possibility of Jay becoming the most decorated Mr. Olympia ever.  Jay could go on to win 3 or 4 more Olympias along with his 5 runner-ups, which would be an unbelievable Olympia career. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 08:37:21 AM »
phil is 31 ...... Young my arse

Barely legal middle ager.

trey brewer was 23 and 24, they were still calling him that.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
Chad is saying that Phil can't do anything to beat Jay (other than Jay beating himself), which I agree with.  When the #2 guy in the world is powerless to take the title, it brings in the real possibility of Jay becoming the most decorated Mr. Olympia ever.  Jay could go on to win 3 or 4 more Olympias along with his 5 runner-ups, which would be an unbelievable Olympia career. 
Most decorated Mr. O? Whatever?! Most over-rated Mr. O. Jay is the most "gifted" bber in Pro history...

Shitty shape, shitty aesthetics, shitty back, most of the time shitty conditioning, he lacks the "oh shit!" factor. Shitty personality, and shitty training...all multiple Mr. O's have that persona about them that they are untouchable, and have a certain charisma about them---in various forms...Jay lacks that as well.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
Very good job, Chad! You asked Phil the tough questions. Nicely done.
A

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 01:13:42 AM »
Barely legal middle ager.

trey brewer was 23 and 24, they were still calling him that.
hahah i forgot about that.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 07:02:29 AM »
Most decorated Mr. O? Whatever?! Most over-rated Mr. O. Jay is the most "gifted" bber in Pro history...

Shitty shape, shitty aesthetics, shitty back, most of the time shitty conditioning, he lacks the "oh shit!" factor. Shitty personality, and shitty training...all multiple Mr. O's have that persona about them that they are untouchable, and have a certain charisma about them---in various forms...Jay lacks that as well.

If Jay wins 8 Olympias with 5 runner-ups, he'd be the most decorated.  It doesn't mean that he'd be the best Mr. O ever, just that he beat the competition of his time.  I agree that Arnold, Haney, Yates, and Coleman would still rank above him. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »

yep...parker thinks the world of jay. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
yep...parker thinks the world of jay. 
;D

I said before, that often times the one who you think would be Mr. O, never is. Flex, nope. Shawn, nope. Kevin, nope. And in this era of mediocre Pros, Phil is the best one, but Phil of today at his best so far, has been knocking and can't even win the Arnold...hmmmm.

epic_alien

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »
;D

I said before, that often times the one who you think would be Mr. O, never is. Flex, nope. Shawn, nope. Kevin, nope. And in this era of mediocre Pros, Phil is the best one, but Phil of today at his best so far, has been knocking and can't even win the Arnold...hmmmm.

all the guys you mention are black. funny enough.

all of them had the same problem. not enough size to defeat yates, or coleman who were on par conditioning wise and had greater size.

and now we have phil, who does not have enough size, to beat cutler, or kia, when they are in similar conditioning.

what about this dont you understand?

i asked why you like bodybuilding so much having not done it yourself.
 and you said, "why does it matter"
well this is why buddy,

cause your criticism of it is absolutely ignorant.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 04:14:40 PM »
all the guys you mention are black. funny enough.

all of them had the same problem. not enough size to defeat yates, or coleman who were on par conditioning wise and had greater size.

and now we have phil, who does not have enough size, to beat cutler, or kia, when they are in similar conditioning.

what about this dont you understand?

i asked why you like bodybuilding so much having not done it yourself.
 and you said, "why does it matter"
well this is why buddy,

cause your criticism of it is absolutely ignorant.

Are you talking about competitive bbing? i haven't competed... If I decide to, are you willing to donate a kidney? If not, then what's the deal.

The majority of people on here do think that Phil won, but that doesn't matter. If judged on size alone, Jay wins, but  when you go bodypart, Jay has some glaring weaknesses that the other have as strengths. Jay has been gifted win after win, especially his Arnold wins...it shows that they WANT him there...

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
;D

parker youre a nice guy but you must let go of the racist crap, come on

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
parker youre a nice guy but you must let go of the racist crap, come on
What's racist...
Look, we have no Dennis Newman's, no Mike Francois. And I think Ben Pakulski will do damge in the future...I've stated that consistently.
I've never been a fan of Cutler, ever since he won his Pro card. But, "they" want him there, "they" have pushed him....and "they" have made excuses for him.

Now, blacks rep a small minority of bbing, yet have won their Pro cards, and are at the top of most Mr. Os and contests, is that racist? I think it's prejudice for many of you to keep making excuses for Jay, because he is white...yet come with the calling of others as racist..ya'll don't know what racism is...And the word is too overly used, by black and white...

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: PHIL HEATH Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Listen Now)
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
It's not that Jay is being gifted his wins, he doesn't have any competition.  Phil is as narrow as a stick.  Kai and Victor can't seem to pull it together on gameday.  Branch is too short.  Wolf is stuck in neutral.  It will take new blood to beat Jay because the current crop can't catch him. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: PHIL HEATH Visits PBW - "Gunning for Cutler" (Listen Now)
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
"If Jay wins 8 Olympias with 5 runner-ups"

Probably true... it comes down to the fact he most closely matches the judging standards of the day. Other guys have prettier physiques... he's the biggest... They give the trophy to the biggest guy now.  If it was 1978, Jay would probably be losing to swimmer zane.  if it was 1975, he'd look like a while next to a graceful Arnold.  It's 2011... 270+ without pretty lines is what is winning right now.

The real Q is, would Jay win the arnold over Kai?  I doubt it...