Author Topic: Victor training back with oscar ardon video (are gurus overrated)  (Read 2249 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/pro-training/vic-martinez-mhp/3664-victor-martinez-week-day-four-back-training-with-oscar-arden.html

Ok so i watched this video victor training back with Ardon watching every rep and set, and i started to think does victor who has been training for 20+ years maybe need this guy to watch every set and rep???
Ive seen oscar benching with kai  and he looked like he was dancing while on his back no form .. technique
charles glass i can see as being useful as he invents and modifies exercises....

I wont comment on the diet aspect but Oscar Ardon overrated for the training "guru" aspect.
what do you guys thinks?

choice is an illusion

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Victor training back with oscar ardon video (are gurus overrated)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:48:56 PM »
From what I've seen Oscar is more of a "life" coach to Kai. But, maybe not the healthy version of a life coach.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 03:03:09 PM »
fair enough him and kai are friends... or whatever .
but in the case of victor a guy with 20 yrs training under his belt, i cant see why he needs someone to coach him to do barbell rows
and from what ive seen of oscar training it makes me really questionn the mindset of these new pros its llike the need someone to baby them
choice is an illusion

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
Any pro bodybuilder that needs someone telling him how many sets to do and what exercises to do is PATHETIC !!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
Any pro bodybuilder that needs someone telling him how many sets to do and what exercises to do is PATHETIC !!

i agree .... its like they cant make it without these gurus...
choice is an illusion

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:32:17 PM »
A quote from Dorian.

"I never had a "guru", because I wanted to be the one that knew how my body worked. I couldn't see how anyone else could know my body better."

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
It's a load of bollocks - it's all to do with drugs - Oscar has probably got excellent contacts to get gear, GH, insulin etc and the guys all go to him - they just have him "training" them because it looks good to all the dumbfuck fanboys who think this is what goes on in professional bodybuilding.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
It's a load of bollocks - it's all to do with drugs - Oscar has probably got excellent contacts to get gear, GH, insulin etc and the guys all go to him - they just have him "training" them because it looks good to all the dumbfuck fanboys who think this is what goes on in professional bodybuilding.

So you think someone like Victor doesn't have the same sources as Oscar? lol

It's not that Victor doesn't know how to train . . . It's just that most people aren't like Dorian who can push themselves to the limit without someone holding their hand. That's all it is.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

It's not that Victor doesn't know how to train . . . It's just that most people aren't like Dorian who can push themselves to the limit without someone holding their hand. That's all it is.
I have Victor's first vid, from Muscletime, and before he does back (Capriese Murray and Jason Arntz make a cameo) he shows the cover of MD, in which it showed his back---he needs no one to tell him how to train back...as he has one of the most complete backs out there...he should be showing Jay Cutler how to train back.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »

thats why i love onnie in that hot texas gym tearing it up .. no training guru
choice is an illusion

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
never trained with a guru. but, paying someone money for stuff you, as a pro, should know. doesn't make sense.
A

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »

you should post more often bro  8)

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »
thats why i love onnie in that hot texas gym tearing it up .. no training guru

This