Author Topic: Henry Cavill will play new Superman  (Read 14324 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Henry Cavill will play new Superman
« on: January 30, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
"Tudors" regular Henry Cavill has been chosen as the next man of steel, playing the dual roles of Superman and his mortal alter-ego Clark Kent in the upcoming Warner/Legendary co-production of "Superman.

The British actor is best known for playing Henry VIII in Showtime's acclaimed period-drama series "The Tudors," but already seemed poised for a feature-film breakout with a starring role in Summit's upcoming action film "The Cold Light of Day," which also features Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver.

He's also set to star in Relativity's fantasy-drama "Immortals" alongside Mickey Rourke later this year.
Cavill has tried to step into a big iconic studio role before, unsuccessfully auditioning for the "Batman" role won by Christian Bale in 2005, and the 007 spot that went to Daniel Craig.

Warner has targeted a Decembrer 2012 release date for its "Superman" reboot. (The studio needs to get moving, since the heirs to Siegel and Shuster's Jerome Siegel begin sharing the the copyright to "Superman" with DC Comics and Warner starting in 2013.)

David S. Goyer is writing the script, based on a story by Goyer and Christopher Nolan, who will produce with Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder. Legendary's Thomas Tull will exec produce the project, which is being targeted for a holiday 2012 release.

Despite grossing $391 million worldwide, Warner's 2006 "Superman Returns," directed by Bryan Singer, was deemed a disappointment -- beyond the fact that the studio spent a whopping $270 million to make the movie.

Simply put, the franchise's core male demographic (aka fanboys) didn't widely accept the casting of Brandon Routh in the lead role.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Henry Cavill will play new Superman
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
Never seen anything he's been in before.

Tom Welling would've been great and I'd have no problem with Brandon Routh.

All the fans want is tons of action and a couple of good villains, like Doomsday or Darkseid, with maybe Lex Luthor and Brainiac.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »
I'm not seeing it ??? :-\

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »
You pasted the head on the wrong way Kiwiol.

That article is a little wrong: he didn't play Henry VIII in the Tudors. He played the best friend, Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0147147/

I can see him playing Bond but he was too young for it when he auditioned. 8 to 10 years from now will work.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
You pasted the head on the wrong way Kiwiol.

Wasn't me, I just got that pic off Google.

I suppose he will look better when he's more groomed and clean cut. Don't see why they had to drop Brandon Routh, who did a decent job and looked the part in Superman Returns.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »
They should just get dude from Smallvill to do it...he is a dead ringer...

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 11:47:13 PM »
im surprised they didt go black.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 12:22:04 AM »
im surprised they didt go black.
They already did..Shaq was Steel

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 12:40:30 AM »
So Superman's flying over Metropolis, doing patrol, when he spots (X ray vision) Wonder Woman stark naked and spread eagled, lying on her back and looking all horny, in her bed. Supes thinks to himself, "Hmmm, I could zip in and out of there and have a quickie at super speed. She wouldn't even see me", and proceeds to do it, before flying away at top speed.

A second later, Wonder Woman says, "What the fvck was that?" and Invisible man, who's on top of her says, "Don't know, but my ass is sore as HELL."

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
They already did..Shaq was Steel

??? Steel is black. He was never white.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:02:43 AM »
Wow, he will be playing Superman AND Clark Kent!!

Awesome.  :o :o

::) ::) ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 02:19:40 AM »
I'm not seeing it ??? :-\
Its ok I got some Kryptonite on order we'll take him out quickly upon arrival.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 02:35:33 AM »
So Superman's flying over Metropolis, doing patrol, when he spots (X ray vision) Wonder Woman stark naked and spread eagled, lying on her back and looking all horny, in her bed. Supes thinks to himself, "Hmmm, I could zip in and out of there and have a quickie at super speed. She wouldn't even see me", and proceeds to do it, before flying away at top speed.

A second later, Wonder Woman says, "What the fvck was that?" and Invisible man, who's on top of her says, "Don't know, but my ass is sore as HELL."

hahah lool

actually sittin here havin a chuckle drinkin my tea!

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 06:41:45 AM »
I can see him as superman without the beard and with a hair cut, died hair...

Tom Welling would have been a good choice but I don't know why I would not see him in the suit...

he would have to gain some muscle too but we all know that is not a problem with $$$

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:16 AM »
so they get a Brit to play Superman? Great... Another iconic figure down demeaned by Hollywood. Leave it to Hollywood to re-write history.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 07:00:50 AM »

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 07:07:06 AM »

just puit kyrptonite in your boots and lee priest will be rendered weak and his lies will destroy him from inside out

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
I hope he puts on some serious muscle before donning the cape - he looks like a skinny twig right now.

No Superman will ever be better than Christopher Reeve.

Stavios

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 07:25:55 AM »
I hope he puts on some serious muscle before donning the cape - he looks like a skinny twig right now.

Never say never bro, they said the sme about Jack Nicholson being the greatest Joker ever and nobody would come close and Heath Ledger was way better

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 07:30:48 AM »
Never say never bro, they said the sme about Jack Nicholson being the greatest Joker ever and nobody would come close and Heath Ledger was way better

and who woulda thought beetlejuice wouldnt of been the best batman EVER 8)

i did

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »
Tom Welling would've been a much better cast to play Superman, even Routh again would've been ok.
I just don't see it with this guy.

And saying Ledger was better than Nicholson as joker is a joke in itself

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 07:34:47 AM »

SuperTwink.
Team MEL

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »
It is interesting to notice most "superheroes" worshipped by millions of teens and adults are all hyper sensitive, caring, bodybuilded and barely clothed highly educated "do gooders" that appeal to both men and women. They represent the perfect pederastic father and husband for women. Most single moms subconsciously raise their sons to become like these superheroes.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
either up the special effects to the level of the animated movies...or it will be a flop again.  they just dont get it.  it doesnt matter who plays the role.  if he fights darkside or dooms day in a city....the hole city has MUST fall, every single building.  it has to look like a nuclear warhead hit the city. 

batman and his villians are a different can of worms.  it's about good writing, creative thinking and darkness for his storylines which they are doing very well.

anyway...it will be some xmen or fantastic 4 BS.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »

batman and his villians are a different can of worms.  it's about good writing, creative thinking and darkness for his storylines which they are doing very well.

anyway...it will be some xmen or fantastic 4 BS.

Batman has no super powers, just fancy equipment and a suit, nice cars, a cool ass (according to adonis, ghey)bat cave but is still able to have such a great influence across the DCU is what makes him special. Add to the fact that Batman took one of the greatest tragedies any man or woman could endure and used that darkness to convey hope instead of drowning his pain on drugs or canceling it out on suicide or genocide proves that a knight's greatest strength is from within.