Author Topic: Henry Cavill will play new Superman  (Read 14294 times)

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Henry Cavill will play new Superman
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
if that movie took 270million then they are simply overpaying graphics people.

And the movie sucked.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 12:21:11 AM »
My 2 cents:

1.  Routh was ok looks wise, but was too skinny and young looking.  The costume looked too pansy on him, the way they streamlined it.  I think that's why a lot of people didn't like his casting in general.  But let's get real-- director Bryan Singer (who is openly gay) supposedly had the hots for Brandon, thus the casting.

2.  They want a Dec. 2012 release date....hmmmm...the "end of the world" is Dec. 21st, 2012.  Could this be a set-up to introduce the bad guy Doomsday?  ;)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 12:29:33 AM »
My 2 cents:

1.  Routh was ok looks wise, but was too skinny and young looking.  The costume looked too pansy on him, the way they streamlined it.  I think that's why a lot of people didn't like his casting in general.  But let's get real-- director Bryan Singer (who is openly gay) supposedly had the hots for Brandon, thus the casting.

2.  They want a Dec. 2012 release date....hmmmm...the "end of the world" is Dec. 21st, 2012.  Could this be a set-up to introduce the bad guy Doomsday?  ;)

Any chance DC make a movie length feature using animation like this?

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 04:46:38 AM »
Any chance DC make a movie length feature using animation like this?

I don't have any insider info, but it wouldn't surprise me.  that style looks awesome.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
Who is Superman?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/pollmaster/news/?a=33915

According to that link, Tom Welling's going to be Superman in the last episode of Smallville. Cool, although I've never read that anywhere else.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
According to that link, Tom Welling's going to be Superman in the last episode of Smallville. Cool, although I've never read that anywhere else.
It seems like the only time Clark has "flown" was when he "levitated" in his bed during the first season..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
It seems like the only time Clark has "flown" was when he "levitated" in his bed during the first season..

He also flies in the first episode of Season IV, when he breaks into Lex's jet mid-air and "steals" one of the FOS crystals. One of the best scenes in the series.

Although technically, he's Kal-El when he does, not Clark.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
He also flies in the first episode of Season IV, when he breaks into Lex's jet mid-air and "steals" one of the FOS crystals. One of the best scenes in the series.

Ha! FatPanda is totally in full flop-sweat with his cursor over the 'Post' button. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

Yep, I remember that...and that incident has led to Lex obsessing over him...collected all that shit about Clark, and secretly playing "the friend"...creepy bald headed rich fvck...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 11:34:14 AM »
Ha! FatPanda is totally in full flop-sweat with his cursor over the 'Post' button. 

Only if someone takes the Hulk's name in vain, lol

Yep, I remember that...and that incident has led to Lex obsessing over him...collected all that shit about Clark, and secretly playing "the friend"...creepy bald headed rich fvck...

Michael Rosenbaum is hands down the best Lex, at least so far. Blows Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey out of the water.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
Only if someone takes the Hulk's name in vain, lol

Michael Rosenbaum is hands down the best Lex, at least so far. Blows Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey out of the water.
I really didn't like him as Lex. Everybody loves Spacey but I've always thought he's kind of one dimensional. He plays the sarcastic, straight forward dry humored character well as in American Beauty.

I always feel like I'm watching Kevin Spacey, rather than watching a believable movie character

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
I really didn't like him as Lex. Everybody loves Spacey but I've always thought he's kind of one dimensional. He plays the sarcastic, straight forward dry humored character well as in American Beauty.

I always feel like I'm watching Kevin Spacey, rather than watching a believable movie character

Check out "The life of David Gale" if you haven't seen it - a pretty good flick.

And personally, I liked Spacey's Lex a bit more than Hackman, since he was believable as a crazy guy. Hackman made Lex look like a bumbling idiot, when he's supposed to be a genius.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2011, 04:07:47 PM »
I'm waiting on a a sequel to Bullwinkle and Rocky.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »
Another short interview with Cavill

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/watch-henry-cavill-talks-about-his-first-time-in-the-superman-suit

He could be a Getbigger with that "your mom" line, lol

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
'Superman': Michael Shannon set as General Zod

The Man of Steel now has an enemy: Warner Bros. announced Sunday that they’ve locked in the Oscar-nominated Michael Shannon to play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill’s Superman  in the reboot. Director Zack Snyder said in a release from the studio: “Zod is not only one of Superman’s most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman  others don’t. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role.”

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni9468896/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »
Immortals trailer