Author Topic: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....  (Read 12709 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:16 AM »
Nah....I followed Austin in his Stunning Steve days with Pillman and he always had "it" WCW was just too dumb to use him.  The VKM saddled him with a shit gimmick and as soon as he got the chance he ran with it.
Rock....he was thrown into a spot and it was the fans who really created all the heat that eventually was used to......again......let him be himself....funny, cocky, etc...

HHH.... I never saw much in him, but he proved to be a damn hard worker.....who also benefited from being in DX when it was hot.

Like I said, maybe some of this current crop has something...I don't see it, but maybe they do....only way to find out is if creative allows them to, which I don't see happening in the near future.  All of these contrived gimmicks are shit.....like Arn said, keep your gimmick as close to who you are as possible.
Bullseye. "You wanna talk about your bibles, John 3:16, Ausin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!" That right there is what made Austin. The fued with Hart help it more and the rest is history.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2011, 07:01:29 AM »
Bullseye. "You wanna talk about your bibles, John 3:16, Ausin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!" That right there is what made Austin. The fued with Hart help it more and the rest is history.

That's what I was saying earlier. Austin's "RingMaster" gimmick didn't exactly spell superstar. But, initially he was more like the "Rattlesnake" then. See the RingMaster's debut on the Brother Love show that I posted earlier.

When the nickname was changed, Austin was not only "Stone Cold" but he was stone SILENT; DiBiase did all his talking for him. Austin broke out that old "Stone Cold" gimmick, once he lost that strap match which sent DiBiase packing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2011, 07:15:33 AM »
Back to the 2011 Royal Rumble (and the WrestleMania implications), Alberto Del Rio's win was a great one. Smackdown, again, is in DIRE need of main-event heels. Every time they get one, he gets jacked and sent to RAW.

Edge was the alpha heel for years. But, now he's a face. Jericho is still gone (they moved him to RAW, first by putting the tag titles on him, so he could be on both shows).

Since 'Taker won't be in the main event and there's no scintilating beef among the non-champions, one of the world title matches should be the main event

With the likelihood of a heel winning the main event being low, I'd say the WWE title match will be the feature bout. Miz will lose the title at 'Mania, likely to Cena but PERHAPS to Morrison.

That is, UNLESS they let Edge beat Del Rio. I'm sure Edge is tired of losing at Wrestlemania (he's dropped three straight title matches).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2011, 08:23:37 AM »
Are they not doing a MITB match this year?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »
Are they not doing a MITB match this year?

They usually start the qualifiers for that after Elimination Chamber/No Way Out.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
I was there..
Legit sellout...maybe 25 empty seats by the entrance

Booker, Diesel, and Cena got the biggest pops of the night. Booker was the loudest, but Nash got a bigger overall reaction

CM Punk was very over. Cool dueling Punk-Bryan chants to start the Rumble, Regal got a loud chant as well.

Biggest heat was probably Vicky, the boos were so loud you literally couldn't hear what she was saying

Edge-Ziggler was a good match. A few Ziggler chants, Edge was really over. Very fun match

Orton-Miz was boring. Orton didn't get much of a pop, Miz had good heat with some cheers mixed in.

Divas match was ok..the second the WWE title match ended, a lot of people went to the bathroom, concessions etc..When the match was made a fatal four way, about half the arena starting chanting "Kong"...then Eve came out and sucked the life out of the place. It was so quiet you could hear a church mouse fart.

Half the arena forgot about Santino until he came back in the ring. The Morrison spot was insane. Overall, I thought it was a fun show. It had something for everyone and a lot of memorable moments.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 05:03:38 AM »
I was there..
Legit sellout...maybe 25 empty seats by the entrance

Booker, Diesel, and Cena got the biggest pops of the night. Booker was the loudest, but Nash got a bigger overall reaction

CM Punk was very over. Cool dueling Punk-Bryan chants to start the Rumble, Regal got a loud chant as well.

Biggest heat was probably Vicky, the boos were so loud you literally couldn't hear what she was saying

Edge-Ziggler was a good match. A few Ziggler chants, Edge was really over. Very fun match

Orton-Miz was boring. Orton didn't get much of a pop, Miz had good heat with some cheers mixed in.

Divas match was ok..the second the WWE title match ended, a lot of people went to the bathroom, concessions etc..When the match was made a fatal four way, about half the arena starting chanting "Kong"...then Eve came out and sucked the life out of the place. It was so quiet you could hear a church mouse fart.

Half the arena forgot about Santino until he came back in the ring. The Morrison spot was insane. Overall, I thought it was a fun show. It had something for everyone and a lot of memorable moments.
Nice!

Anyone here going to Wrestlemania out of curiosity?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
I had this discussion with one of my friends I went with. Do you guys think that huge reaction he got was for Nash or the Diesel character? If he came out as regular Kevin Nash with NWO wolfpac music, would he gotten as big a reaction?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2011, 09:36:47 AM »
I had this discussion with one of my friends I went with. Do you guys think that huge reaction he got was for Nash or the Diesel character? If he came out as regular Kevin Nash with NWO wolfpac music, would he gotten as big a reaction?

i think the reaction would have been at least, if not bigger for the nWo music.  Most fans in attendance probably barely remember, if at all, the Diesel gimmick.  they know Nash as an nWo member more than anything else.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
i think the reaction would have been at least, if not bigger for the nWo music.  Most fans in attendance probably barely remember, if at all, the Diesel gimmick.  they know Nash as an nWo member more than anything else.
I agree...he was saying that Diesel hadn't been in the WWE for almost 15 years so it was more of a novelty than just Nash. I was honestly suprised how old most of the crowd was.. I hadn't been to a live show in a while so I was expecting all kids. It was one of the biggest sustained reactions I've heard live, probably only Austin winning at WM, Hogan at Summerslam were bigger.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
I agree...he was saying that Diesel hadn't been in the WWE for almost 15 years so it was more of a novelty than just Nash. I was honestly suprised how old most of the crowd was.. I hadn't been to a live show in a while so I was expecting all kids. It was one of the biggest sustained reactions I've heard live, probably only Austin winning at WM, Hogan at Summerslam were bigger.

That could be good news with a little older crowd.  They might adjust the product, more mature story lines, more time to develop things as older crowds have a bit more patience to let things build, etc... 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
I think so. Kevin Nash is Deisel so yes I think he would have. I would have LOVED to have scene him come out as NWO "Lone Wolf" Kevin Nash with the Wolfpac track. But we all know Jealous Vince wouldn't want that now would he.  ;)