Author Topic: Obama - OWNED by Federal Judge using his own campaign rhetoric. Ha ha Ha!!!  (Read 1448 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
From the Washington Times

"Judge uses Obama’s words against him

In ruling against President Obama‘s health care law, federal Judge Roger Vinson used Mr. Obama‘s own position from the 2008 campaign against him, arguing that there are other ways to tackle health care short of requiring every American to purchase insurance.

“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’” Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/31/judge-uses-obamas-words-against-him/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Can't wait to see how Team Kneepad spins this.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Can't wait to see how Team Kneepad spins this.     

Sure thing, brother!

Sounds like this judge is applying for FOX news... I didn't know campaign speeches were admissable in court regarding legislation.  I guess every flip-flop/ position change in history will now enter the legislative arena.

That includes Palin... she'll now be unable to oppose any cap/trade legally, as she blamed man for climagte change and supported capping emissions.

That includes President Romney... he sure can't repeal obamacare after he supported his own version.

Should we go on?  Now that political speeches from years past can determine future law, the floodgates will open!  Unless of course, this judge was just politically posturing for his own personal gain - promotion, appointment, FOX news job ala Greta...

But yes, the judge "OWNED" him, and as we all know, federal judge ownings are never overturned.

Anyway, it's not like social security or medicare or other massive govt programs ever received legal challenges or setbacks, right?

(I disagree with the damn bill, I just like to shoot holes in your argument!)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Problem is MadoffCare mandate is to enrich private carriers at the risk of fine by the govt.   SS and Medicare are taxpayer funded programs.

Obama's, deception, desperation, arrogance, fecklessness and corruption led to this.   He has only himself to blame when this stinking pile of dung and trash goes down in flames.   

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The mandate is unconstitutional. Obamacare is unconstitutional. Take the trash out.

James

Sure thing, brother!

Sounds like this judge is applying for FOX news... I didn't know campaign speeches were admissable in court regarding legislation.  I guess every flip-flop/ position change in history will now enter the legislative arena. American Seniors Insurance

That includes Palin... she'll now be unable to oppose any cap/trade legally, as she blamed man for climagte change and supported capping emissions.

That includes President Romney... he sure can't repeal obamacare after he supported his own version.

Should we go on?  Now that political speeches from years past can determine future law, the floodgates will open!  Unless of course, this judge was just politically posturing for his own personal gain - promotion, appointment, FOX news job ala Greta...

But yes, the judge "OWNED" him, and as we all know, federal judge ownings are never overturned.

Anyway, it's not like social security or medicare or other massive govt programs ever received legal challenges or setbacks, right?

Another 240 post that includes Palin...........who would have thought?   ::)

You should seriously seek professional help.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Sure thing, brother!

Sounds like this judge is applying for FOX news... I didn't know campaign speeches were admissable in court regarding legislation.  I guess every flip-flop/ position change in history will now enter the legislative arena.

Should we go on?  Now that political speeches from years past can determine future law, the floodgates will open!  Unless of course, this judge was just politically posturing for his own personal gain - promotion, appointment, FOX news job ala Greta...

it seems you missed the point of the judges decision...he wasnt using obamas speech as a justification for his decision brain child only a demonstration of the reasoning behind it...

if you can regulate the inaction of people in health care then you can regulate the inaction of homeless ppl to force them to buy a house...

or for fat ppl to join a gym more directly to health care or ppl to eat better...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Don't want to say I TOLD YOU SO. But I (and 333) TOLD YOU SO.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama - OWNED by Federal Judge using his own campaign rhetoric. Ha ha Ha!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 09:30:58 AM »
The only reason I can see anyone defending a mandate is out of kneepadding for Dear Messiah.

Imagine had Bush tried something like that?       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 06:58:42 AM »
Obama to DeGeneres on Why He Opposed Individual Mandate: Forcing Uninsured to Buy Insurance Is Like Forcing Homeless to Buy Homes
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
By Eric Scheiner

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/federal-judge-cites-quotes-president-rul

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden react to cheers as they arrive in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Tuesday, March 23, 2010, for the signing ceremony for the health care bill. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

(CNSNews.com) - Long before his administration went into federal court to fight 27 states that are now challenging the constitutionality of the federal government forcing people to buy health insurance, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama told Ellen DeGeneres that—unlike his opponent Hillary Clinton—he opposed forcing the uninsured to buy  health insurance, saying that it would be like forcing the homeless to buy homes.

“Both of us want to provide health care to all Americans. There’s a slight difference, and her plan is a good one. But, she mandates that everybody buy health care. She’d have the government force every individual to buy insurance and I don’t have such a mandate because I don’t think the problem is that people don’t want health insurance, it’s that they can’t afford it,” Obama said in a Feb. 28, 2008 appearance on Ellen DeGeneres' television show. “So, I focus more on lowering costs. This is a modest difference. But, it’s one that she’s tried to elevate, arguing that because I don’t force people to buy health care that I’m not insuring everybody. Well, if things were that easy, I could mandate everybody to buy a house, and that would solve the problem of homelessness. It doesn’t."

In a ruling issued yesterday holding that the insurance mandate in Obamacare is unconstitutional, U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson pointed to a similar statement that Obama had made in a Feb. 4, 2008 interview with CNN. “Indeed,” wrote Vinson, “I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house.’”

Judge Vinson was the second federal judge to rule that the federal government does not have the constitutional power to force individuals to buy health insurance. Last month, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson also ruled that the mandate was unconstitutional. Vinson was ruling in a suit brought against the federal government by Florida and 25 other states. Hudson was ruling in a suit brought against the federal government by the state of Virginia.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »
Paging Straw Man!   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

(CNN) -- The debate over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act once more reached a fever pitch on Monday when U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson issued an order declaring the law unconstitutional.

In baseball terms, the game is now tied at two runs apiece, with a pair of trial court rulings in favor and a pair against. But Vinson's ruling was more forceful than the earlier court ruling that found a constitutional violation: Vinson's declared the act void in its entirety. And this has some people arguing it is a game-ending home run, requiring the Obama administration to halt implementation immediately.

In this view, Vinson's sweeping ruling means the law is, in the words of David Rivkin -- the attorney and former Justice Department official representing the 26 states challenging the law -- "dead" throughout much of the country.

That's not the case -- and Rivkin should know better. The fact that the court only "declared" the act unconstitutional is, legally speaking, highly relevant here. In entering judgment this way, Vinson expressly refused to enter an injunction -- that is, he declined to command the Obama administration to take any particular action.

And while Vinson vaguely suggested that the government should nonetheless heed his decision, his own choice of declaratory relief plainly deprives him of the ability to use his contempt power to punish the government, should it choose to ignore his ruling, pending review by higher courts. In the simplest terms, the court tied its own hands.

This is as it should be. The main constitutional harm alleged in the various lawsuits stems from the so-called individual mandate: the requirement that individuals either purchase health insurance under the law's "minimum coverage" provision or pay a fine to the government. But that mandate isn't slated to go into effect until 2014.

Absent some unforeseen procedural wrangling, the issue will reach the Supreme Court well before then, providing a definitive judicial ruling before any citizen writes a check to a health insurer or incurs a fine.

Part of health care law struck down

McConnell urges health care bill repeal

GOP 'confident Americans would opt out'