Author Topic: Superman and Spartacus have been replaced  (Read 6803 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Superman and Spartacus have been replaced
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
Superman and Spartacus have been recast. No Getbiggers auditioned so not GetBiggers were considered although there was some interest in discovering someone who had the muscle to fit the roles

During a recent visit to Hollywood, California one of the major topics of conversation was who's going to be the next Hollywood movie actor to wear the Supe-Suit and who will fit into Spartacus' Roman sandals in the second season of this well received TV series .... Spartacus: Blood and Sand?

The new Clark Kent/Supe character is an actor who appeared in the Tudors TV series by the name of Henry Calvill......  and Andy Whitfield who played the role of Spartacus had to be replaced recently due to illness and an anticipated and hopeful recovery.

I'm definitely not a TV fan but I was asked to offer an unprofessional and informal opinion regarding the 1st season of Spartacus and now that I've watched it all on video in its entirety, I think that it will be very difficult for ay actor to fill Andy's shoes. I thought that he did a spectacular job in that role.

Get well, Andy!

But with Andy gone, Liam McIntyre will take the role of Spartacus.

This is GetBig related due to the fact that the actors who played the gladiator parts in Spartacus trained very hard to look the part. And a couple of them in NZ check this Board out frequently.

But I have a feeling that Liam McIntyre never stepped inside a gym.

I hope I'm wrong, but he should be a GetBigger at least!

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Superman and Spartacus have been replaced
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:43 PM »
I have to to take issue with the idea of Superman being "replaced". This is a new version of the character not based on Christopher Reeves, but rather on the comic book hero Superman.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
I replace your supermom

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »
But I have a feeling that Liam McIntyre never stepped inside a gym.

I hope I'm wrong, but he should be a GetBigger at least!

Part of Liam's appearance in "The Pacific" was full frontal nude. He is in shape. He would not have been cast for Spartacus if he wasn't.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »
Part of Liam's appearance in "The Pacific" was full frontal nude. He is in shape. He would not have been cast for Spartacus if he wasn't.
andy whitfield wasnt in shape either before the gladiator school they did before filming...

bench

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
dude got non-Hodgkin lymphomas? Damn man.
A

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:16 PM »
dude got non-Hodgkin lymphomas? Damn man.
cured...then came back..they werent going to make new seasons after gods of the arena...but whitfield insisted..

bench

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »
superman is a pussy

bring it - pat benetar will kick the shit from is ass

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:42 AM »
shit, they need a better story  for the next superman. so far, the batman franchise has been the ultimate winner in remakes. Hopefully, the next superman can do what batman has been doing for two straight movies.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Master Blaster, I was under the impression that all the Superman movies were based on the comic book character and that Brian Singer would once again direct this forthcoming film.

Can you be more specific about your comment regarding this new one as 'being based on the comic book'?

And I think Liam is going to be Superman and not Spartacus. Could be wrong though as this replacement discussion occured over coffee at Starbuck's where Hollywood wanna-bees gather and where forthcoming movie part confusion reigns.

In my day, you just showed up, someone slapped some makeup or fake blood on ya, and you laid on the street while the motorcycles did a fly-bye and the camera rolled. (I was usually the dead guy laying face down in an effort to save the blood money expenses.)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
Stunt,

Please post information on how to break into Hollywood or film/tv.  I've done alot of theater work in the past and am now ready to move on and try commercials/tv/film.  Being in Las Vegas is not the best place to do this and if need be, I'd consider a move elsewhere.  I know you should get a S.A.G. card first but you have to have a part to get a S.A.G. card...Any help would be appreciated.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »
andy whitfield wasnt in shape either before the gladiator school they did before filming...

bench
Andy Whitfield owns Spartacus, just like Christoper reeves owns the role of Supes, they are one and the same...

Andy beasted out in that role...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »

And I think Liam is going to be Superman and not Spartacus. Could be wrong though as this replacement discussion occured over coffee at Starbuck's where Hollywood wanna-bees gather and where forthcoming movie part confusion reigns.

Zack Snyder will be directing the new Superman movie.
You haven't been keeping up with the threads or the entertainment news:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b223279_henry_cavill_cast_new_superman.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

Metropolis, you have your new Superman.
Warners Bros. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Henry Cavill has been cast as the man of steel in the new Superman movie.
Cavill, 27, is best known for his role as of Charles Brandon on the Showtime series The Tudors. His latest film—aptly titled for the budding superhero—is Immortals, slated for release this fall.
Zack Snyder, who will be directing the Super reboot, says in a statement: "In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield."
Also rumored to be on the consideration list for the role of Clark Kent was Mad Men's Jon Hamm and True Blood's Joe Manganiello. Superman: Man of Steel is slated for release in December 2012.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
Outed  :D

Yeah, yeah...

Stunt, please answer my questions.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
Thats it? You're getting softer with age old man  :D

I have a 4 day old headache.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »
Wiggs, Your question requires a long response and a clarification.

The Ckarification: I am not associated with any Hollywood agency but I do have family members and good friends who are in the movie making business and can only offer advice based on my own (vast) experience and limited active participation in the field of movie making.

I was once advised to write an article or even a book  about those experiences but have yet to do so.

The Long Response will follow when I get some free time.

Gregzs .... Thanks for the Supe update.

When Superman Returns was filmed in Australia, I was under the impression that a 2nd story was being shot at the same time, so I error-oneously thought that Bryan Singer would be helming this forthcoming production as well.

It wouuld be interesting to hear the 'back story' if there is one and also why Brandon Routh was not invited back.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
;D ;D I'm sure you miss mary jane?  :P

It would be nice but 123 days clean.... 8)

Thanks Stunt, I'm looking forward to it.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »
PARKER, I totally agree with you 100% regarding Whitfield's portrayal of Spartacus!

In my opinion he fit that role better than Kirk Douglas in the original 1960 movie version of the story which was a very great movie back then.

I think the reason I thought Whitfield fit that role  better is due to the fact that I've never seen him in any movie or TV show before watching Blood and Sand.

Whereas, Kirk Douglas had  been in 100's of movies before his 1960 role and I have a habit of picturing actors as the same actor I've seen in his previous films/roles.

In my mind John Wayne has always portrayed 'John Wayne' in every movie he ever made except one. And that one single exception was "Rooster Cogburn'.

But since I'd never seen Andy Whitfield act before, I actually left reality and believed him to be Spartacus on that tiny TV screen.

And I gotta say that a couple of his scenes were memorial .....

Most noteworthy in my mind was the scene where he is shackeled in his cell and "Galadicus" informs him that his wife was sold into slavery.

That simple cut where Whitfield pleads,,,,"Nooooooo!" grabbed me hard.

It would be interesting to see how he got worked up for that short scene.

It's also gonna be interesting to see how this new actor fills his sandals but I understand that the episodes for Season 2 are about the beginning of the Gladiator School pre Spartacus.

Is that correct?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
PARKER, I totally agree with you 100% regarding Whitfield's portrayal of Spartacus!

In my opinion he fit that role better than Kirk Douglas in the original 1960 movie version of the story which was a very great movie back then.

I think the reason I thought Whitfield fit that role  better is due to the fact that I've never seen him in any movie or TV show before watching Blood and Sand.

Whereas, Kirk Douglas had  been in 100's of movies before his 1960 role and I have a habit of picturing actors as the same actor I've seen in his previous films/roles.

In my mind John Wayne has always portrayed 'John Wayne' in every movie he ever made except one. And that one single exception was "Rooster Cogburn'.

But since I'd never seen Andy Whitfield act before, I actually left reality and believed him to be Spartacus
on that tiny TV screen.

And I gotta say that a couple of his scenes were memorial .....

Most noteworthy in my mind was the scene where he is shackeled in his cell and "Galadicus" informs him that his wife was sold into slavery.

That simple cut where Whitfield pleads,,,,"Nooooooo!" grabbed me hard.

It would be interesting to see how he got worked up for that short scene.

It's also gonna be interesting to see how this new actor fills his sandals but I understand that the episodes
for Season 2 are about the beginning of the Gladiator School pre Spartacus.

Is that correct?

Correct, on all accounts.

Although, the way they keep panning shots of The current star gladiator and that other guy's wife, I wonder if there is something between them. Or a implication of such.

Andy's acting was great for the role, and because I have never seen him, he got a fresh start with the role. Only time will tell, but he is "Spartacus".

magicuser

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 02:44:48 AM »
general zod ftw

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 03:14:11 AM »
And the other guy that played the last superman? I think that the actor that will feature in THOR could probably play superman...
S

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
I think that Thor will be a major flop but that's only based on the prevue footage that I've been seeing lately.

We saw The Green Hornet and in my opinion it was terrible.

The Green Lantern looks promising though and Sucker Punch from Legendary Pictures might be a blockbuster.

My opinions are solely based on the prevues though.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
Relativity has announced that the film Immortals will be represented at Wondercon in San Francisco from April 1-3 with appearances by Henry Cavill, Luke Evans, Kellan Lutz, Isabel Lucas, director Tarsem Singh and producers Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton.

OFFICIAL SUMMARY:

Visionary director Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall) and producers Gianni Nunnari (300), Mark Canton (300) and Ryan Kavanaugh (The Fighter) unleash an epic tale of treachery, vengeance and destiny in Immortals, a stylish and spectacular 3-D adventure. As a power-mad king razes ancient Greece in search of a legendary weapon, a heroic young villager rises up against him in a thrilling quest as timeless as it is powerful.

The brutal and bloodthirsty King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) and his murderous Heraklion army are rampaging across Greece in search of the long lost Bow of Epirus. With the invincible Bow, the king will be able to overthrow the Gods of Olympus and become the undisputed master of his world. With ruthless efficiency, Hyperion and his legions destroy everything in their wake, and it seems nothing will stop the evil king’s mission.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/VoicesFromKrypton/news/?a=32150

As village after village is obliterated, a stonemason named Theseus (Henry Cavill) vows to avenge the death of his mother in one of Hyperion’s raids. When Theseus meets the Sybelline Oracle, Phaedra (Freida Pinto), her disturbing visions of the young man’s future convince her that he is the key to stopping the destruction. With her help, Theseus assembles a small band of followers and embraces his destiny in a final desperate battle for the future of humanity.

sandestin

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »
how about some pics

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 07:38:27 PM »
"One place we know we'll see Batwoman is in this year's massive Arrowverse crossover. And it looks like it's going to be quite a crowd. The "Crisis on Infinite Earths" event will also include not one, but two versions of the Man of Steel. Both Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh will play Superman in the upcoming CW confab, which is inspired by the iconic comic book miniseries that reshaped the DC Universe in 1985-86.

According to Deadline, which broke the news, the two actors "will both portray him in different time frames" in the five-part event, which will span Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman in episodes airing in December and January.

Hoechlin has appeared as Superman and Clark Kent on Supergirl since 2016 and was a key part of "Elseworlds" last year. But for Routh, the gig is a bit of a surprise. In the Arrowverse he plays Ray Palmer (aka the Atom) on Legends of Tomorrow, but he had his breakout role as the star of the 2006 film Superman Returns. "Honored, humbled, grateful, and still pinching myself," the actor tweeted of the news."

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ruby-rose-batwoman-sdcc-superman-crisis?__source=Blastr_Vayner_syfy_Facebook&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sdccbatwomanrubyrose&utm_term=organic&utm_content=link_ad&fbclid=IwAR3tV5zmuzildWhZqYY5PJWAL8JU4SejJt6Wfe4N24gni_NjWUJU9fC5nXw