Author Topic: Beautiful Perfect Royal Wedding  (Read 35748 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Beautiful Perfect Royal Wedding
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
Crown Jewels Condoms of Distinction is delighted to announce the
launch of their Royal Wedding Collector’s Edition, celebrating the union of Prince
William of Wales to Ms Catherine Elizabeth Middleton.

Combining the strength of a Prince with the yielding sensitivity of a
Princess-to-Be, Crown Jewels Condoms of Distinction promises a
royal union of pleasure and style. They are truly a King among
Condoms.  

Crown Jewels is England’s only supplier of heritage prophylactics
and is committed to supplying discerning gentlemen and ladies with
the finest latex love sheaths.  

This is a unique and unmissable Royal Wedding memento.
♣ Presented in a timeless souvenir heirloom collector’s box
♣ Contains three condoms, individually wrapped for added convenience
♣ Each condom lavishly anointed with lube and ribbed for enhanced lovemakng
♣ Inside each packet is a collectable portrait of the Royal Couple as they might appear on their
wedding day – exclusively commissioned by Crown Jewels

Hugh Pomfret, a spokesman from Crown Jewels Condoms of Distinction, said of the launch:
“Crown Jewels Royal Wedding Souvenir prophylactics are a unique way to remember this great British
occasion. All at Crown Jewels have worked tirelessly to craft these heirloom quality love sheaths. In years to come, they will be a timeless memento of a magical wedding day.”

Crown Jewels Condoms of Distinction cost £5.00 for a packet of three and can be purchased from its website,
www.crownjewelscondoms.c om.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Royal Wedding souvenirs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
I wonder how much that will cost?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
the condoms are 3 for £5

the wedding will cost hundreds of millions, and that's just for the security...

I'm thinking of leaving town, it'll be a circus.
xL

PS: Royal Wedding teatowels banned:
The Lord Chamberlain, Earl Peel – who works as the senior official in the Royal household – is believed to have issued a formal memorandum outlining which items are deemed appropriate for the wedding.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman admitted unofficial items were likely to be made in the build up to the ceremony on April 29, but added:  ‘We want items that are permanent and significant.’
Official souvenirs of the Royal wedding will have to carry the official photograph of William and Kate taken by celebrity photographer Mario Testino.

Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry on April 29, with the British public being granted an extra Bank Holiday to celebrate the wedding.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/849793-royal-wedding-prince-william-and-kate-middleton-tea-towels-banned#ixzz1Cq1eFpNA

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
the condoms are 3 for £5

the wedding will cost hundreds of millions, and that's just for the security...

I'm thinking of leaving town, it'll be a circus.
xL

PS: Royal Wedding teatowels banned:
The Lord Chamberlain, Earl Peel – who works as the senior official in the Royal household – is believed to have issued a formal memorandum outlining which items are deemed appropriate for the wedding.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman admitted unofficial items were likely to be made in the build up to the ceremony on April 29, but added:  ‘We want items that are permanent and significant.’
Official souvenirs of the Royal wedding will have to carry the official photograph of William and Kate taken by celebrity photographer Mario Testino.
Official merchandise is also only allowed to be produced up to October this year.
Prince William and Kate Middleton will marry on April 29, with the British public being granted an extra Bank Holiday to celebrate the wedding.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/849793-royal-wedding-prince-william-and-kate-middleton-tea-towels-banned#ixzz1Cq1eFpNA
Well, William seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Kate will have some serious shoes to fill in Diana's name but she's made it clear that no one will ever be or do what good Diana has done. She was definately a one of a kind.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »

Diana was a virgin and Charles had a mistress.  Bad history.  But Di gave us two lovey young princes.  The second one, Harry, is by James Hewitt, not Charles - and next time he gets drunk and rolls out of a nightclub at 5am in a daft fancy dress outfit, Charles will threaten him with the DNA test.  Rumours were that Di was also preggers by Al-Fayed when she died, that wouldn't have been nice.

But Kate might be Queen, which Diana always knew she never would be.

Here's a pic of the commemorative mug they're selling on Amazon for £12.99... I must be able to find a better one though.

xxxL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 07:33:10 AM »
Currently Viewing And Reading
digg
Royal Wedding Bonanza For London Homeowners (AP) Posted by admin in February 5th 2011   Don't forget to leave your ratings
 (No Ratings Yet)

LONDON – They may not get chocolate on the pillow a but at least they’ll have a pillow.

Tourists eager to soak up the pomp of this spring’s royal wedding will be hard pressed to find a hotel room, as an estimated half-million others will be here with the same idea. But for those willing to pay a premium (and do without amenities) there’s a solution: their very own London flat.

[Related: Royal wedding: Who's on the guest list?]

"Hotels are going to be very full," says Jane Ingram, head of Savills Plc’s rentals unit. "People are going to need to look at private apartments as an alternative."

London’s roughly 120,000 hotel rooms are nowhere near enough to accommodate the hordes of royalty buffs expected for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. That means many Londoners plan to do what they always do whenever a big event hits town a rent out their homes for a huge profit.

[Related: Royal engagement photographer reveals all]

Homeowners have been known to rake in up to 50 percent more than normal rental rates during big ticket occasions such as Wimbledon, but around the April 29 wedding date, apartments are expected to go for three to four times normal.

But that won’t put off die-hard royal watchers eager to hear wedding bells chime.

"It’s not every day that a royal gets married," says Kim Bourke, who booked her ticket from Melbourne, Australia as soon as the wedding date was announced.

She opted for a "guerrilla approach" to accommodation hunting by posting an ad on the UK’s Gumtree website in hopes of finding a nice, cozy apartment to rent to witness the latest chapter of a "real life fairytale."

What she found was a sobering reality a offers from homeowners asking sky-high rents. "I don’t want to pay for someone’s holiday," she complains. Still, after surveying the market, she’s resigned to having to pay a royal wedding premium.

[Related: A commoner monarchy in the making]

"It’s a special occasion," Bourke says. "I have to be realistic because it’s going to cost a little bit more."

Some property websites are specifically geared to connecting homeowners with people looking for housing during major London events. Matthew Parker’s londonrentmyhouse.com started as such a matchmaker for the London 2012 Olympics, but expanded once inquiries about the wedding streamed in from owners looking to cash in.

"People love the royal family," said Parker. "So a lot of people are willing to pay top dollar to actually be near them."

After seeing friends pocket sizable sums for renting their apartments during Wimbledon, Jonathan Thornton decided to try his luck for April.

"Its a way of getting a bit of extra cash," says Thornton, a 27-year-old bass-guitarist. The spare room in his apartment near London’s Tower Bridge normally rents for about 150 pounds a week ($237) but Thornton has put it on Gumtree at 500 pounds ($792) a week for the royal wedding.

He’s hoping that staying in an apartment will appeal to travelers looking for a home away from home. The rental boasts a double-room with a TV, wardrobe, chest of drawers, private bathroom, free subway card and the city smarts of Thornton, who has lived in London for six years.

That will help a as Tower Bridge is several miles (kilometers) away from the likely wedding route.

One rental website, HomeAway.co.uk, has already had 300 inquiries about holiday rentals in the Westminster area a two or three times its typical volume for this time of year. That’s the neighborhood where William and Kate will exchange vows a a prime location for royal watchers looking to bask in the wedding hubbub.

To some Londoners like Andrew Shillam, getting out of town is as appealing as some extra income. The 52-year-old property developer is hoping to rent out his four-bedroom home right "in the thick of it" near Westminster Abbey.

"It doesn’t interest me whatsoever," he says.

Ed Thornton, no relation to Jonathan Thornton, and his wife already had a holiday booked when the prince and Middleton set a date. They had paid about 1,500 pounds for two roundtrip tickets to attend a friend’s wedding in Australia and hope that they can break even on the trip by renting out their Victorian home.

Thornton had no qualms about leaving Britain during the historic moment.

"We’d much rather be at the wedding of a close friend," he says, "than at a wedding of people we don’t know."

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

I'm leaving town and my flat'll be empty.  No way I'm renting it out, I trust noone.  Pity is, it'll be great here, all the helicopters and flybys...  Guns and all. (Will they be doing the 21 gun salute, I love that, the ground rocks.

My lesbian friends have planned their wedding for the same weekend.  I'm going to Cambridge, we'll tape the other wedding and watch it and laugh later.  We're also doing Easter bonnets and chicks.

madly xL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »
What are your feelings on "royals" Linda?  What do you perceive your general public's feelings are regarding them?

I think it's something Americans can't really relate to because we don't have them.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
Our Queen is fantastic, never put a foot wrong.  Her hubby Phillip is scathingly funny.  He's nearly 90?

Don't know really, I'm British but moved to Canada when I was 14.  And Canada is more British and multicultural and quirky than the USofA, so as a Brit, I've always appreciated our Royal Family.  It's history after all.

the world has changed enormously, and many non-capitalists denounce the waste of space and money our Royal Family represent...  William didn't choose to be born King, but he's coping well with his reality.

I grew up in Canada as a child and came back, grown up, to our UK many years ago.  I adore my heritage and our royal family.

The jokes though are magnificent.  He's marrying a commoner?  She's not a virgin?

About all anyone wants to know now is whether she'll wear her hair up or down.  They're taking odds at the betting shop.  I reckon it'll go up in pinned-in ringlets about a foot high with a massive tiara.  (there's a news item someplace I googled explaining all the choices of tiaras she has.

I just dislike tourists when they take over town.

God help us next year with the Olympics.  A Royal Wedding we can do well, but...

madly
xxxLinda

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
Our Queen is fantastic, never put a foot wrong.  Her hubby Phillip is scathingly funny.  He's nearly 90?

Don't know really, I'm British but moved to Canada when I was 14.  And Canada is more British and multicultural and quirky than the USofA, so as a Brit, I've always appreciated our Royal Family.  It's history after all.

the world has changed enormously, and many non-capitalists denounce the waste of space and money our Royal Family represent...  William didn't choose to be born King, but he's coping well with his reality.

I grew up in Canada as a child and came back, grown up, to our UK many years ago.  I adore my heritage and our royal family.

The jokes though are magnificent.  He's marrying a commoner?

About all anyone wants to know now is whether she'll wear her hair up or down.  They're taking odds at the betting shop.  I reckon it'll go up in pinned-in ringlets about a foot high with a massive tiara.  (there's a news item someplace I googled explaining all the choices of tiaras she has.

I just dislike tourists when they take over town.

God help us next year with the Olympics.  A Royal Wedding we can do well, but...

madly
xxxLinda

Interesting...thanks.

We were in France during the Tour de France one year.  We found out the race was supposed to end near our hotel, we got the heck out of there.   We're not really crowd people either...then we went to London for a couple days before coming home.  Couldn't see too much in 2 days but it was beautiful.
R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 07:56:23 AM »
Top Stories Kate Middleton will be offered Princess Diana's tiara to wear on her Wedding day

Kate Middleton will be offered Princess Diana's priceless pearl and diamond tiara to wear on her Wedding day.
PHOTOS: Kate Middleton in pictures
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara, originally made for Queen Mary in 1913, was passed down to Diana by the Queen.
VIDEOS: Kate Middleton in videos
It has been kept in a Buckingham Palace safe since her death in 1997. Search Mirror.co.uk

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 09:47:23 AM »
Her Royal Majesty the Queen's Norman Hartnell dress (1953) next to Prince Phillip's Naval Uniform

courtesy of Royal Museum...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
The Queen's Norman Hartnell dress (1953) next to Prince Phillip's Naval Uniform

courtesy of Royal Museum...
For shits and giggles I would love to know how much that dress and tux fetches for.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »
For shits and giggles I would love to know how much that dress and tux fetches for.

It's not a tux, it's his Royal Navy Uniform and obviously both garments are priceless.

I'd like to know how much the tiaras are worth, according to the Royalist websites there are more than 10 of them which she may take her pick from.  

xxx
Linda

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:34 AM »

It's not a tux, it's his Royal Navy Uniform and obviously both garments are priceless.

I'd like to know how much the tiaras are worth, there are more than 10 of them.  But like the wedding dresses, they're historic and are not for sale.

xxx
Linda

attached: Queen Mary's "Girls of Great Britain & Ireland" tiara
Yes, I meant to say uniform. The wedding dress itself must be easy six figures or more?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Elizabeth & David Emanuel designed Diana's wedding dress. Ivory silk pure taffeta, it was made of old lace and included 10,000 pearls & sequins. It had a 25 ft train!

Read more http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/who-made-dianas-wedding-dress-what-was-it-made-of-and-how-long-was-the-train-x/2388112#ixzz1Dg8o2IPn

Kate's dress, train, veil and tiara will remain secret until the day she marries.  It will cost millions (as I said above), just for security.

madly
xxx
Linda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
I'm hoping Kate will wake up that morning and get smart and run off with the tiara, take it as a souvenir and just forget about the wedding...

this is rather a wonderful one, I'm loving this one, can't decide.  I really really liked that Burmese Ruby one...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 01:46:22 PM »
The media sure is making a big deal of it.  Diana's wedding too.  Everyone stopped what they were doing to watch.  I sure hope the dress is better than Diana's; that was hideous. 
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
I've found another tiara :

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 02:31:26 PM »
What are your feelings on "royals" Linda?  What do you perceive your general public's feelings are regarding them?

I think it's something Americans can't really relate to because we don't have them.

Undecided.  Over here, most think they're rather wonderful and they only cost the British taxpayer 76p per person per annum, so for the tourism and prestige, I reckon they're worth every penny.

Unfortunately you only get exLady Sarah Ferguson over there?  She does weightwatchers and QVC and Oprah?

The ex duchess ex wife of the ex 2nd-in-line to the throne?  I feel sorry for her, she got no divorce settlement whatsoever, but thankfully she's still allowed to live in Andrew's castle.

There's an old joke here about Fergy:  she'll sell you her two virgin daughters, plus access to her ex husband and all his mates for a bottle of cheap red plonk and two packs of ciggys?

I always felt sorry for her.
xL

She was given rather a nice tiara.  Wonder whether she still has it or has she had to pawn it yet?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:45:04 PM »
Princess Margaret's tiara:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
Princess Anne, the Queen's Daughter's tiara:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
I never realized (paid attention) there were so many different styles.

:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
no offense but the new chick is a step up in looks from the previous princesses.

the brunette is pretty good looking imho

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 08:43:40 AM »
USA Today:  73 days remain until the royal wedding of Prince William of Wales and Catherine "Kate" Middleton on April 29, and shiploads of souvenirs are starting to pour into online marketplaces.

Diverse offerings: The Royal Worcester group of royal wedding commemorative items made of fine-bone china. The items range in price from about $20 to $525.
Ads by Google
Royal Wedding Memorabilia
Printed with Your Design. Mugs,
Keyrings & More. Min Order 50 Units
www.igopost.co.uk/royalwedding
Royal Wedding Commemorate
William & Kate Wedding Medal £4.95
With 24ct gold & blue sapphire
www.londonmintoffice.org/wedding
The Engagement Ring
Beautifully Designed and Made in UK
Be A Princess For Only £29
www.martinewesterlondon. co.uk

The palace banned the use of the couple's faces on the official Royal Collection memorabilia (royalcollection.org.uk), but luxury purveyors and knockoff artists alike are slapping pictures of the couple on everything from a brass commemorative coin (about $12) to a limited-edition Royal Wedding Lion Head Vase of fine china by Royal Worcester (about $525).
"There were mugs in supermarkets the day after the engagement," says Stephen Church, managing director of Church's China, a china-and-glass shop north of London. "Hundreds of thousands of products are going to be available online. The goods are only starting to come out of the factories. Loads and loads (of cheaper items) will be coming from China."
In the USA, you can go to leading collectibles maker The Franklin Mint's website (franklinmint.com) to reserve a Kate Middleton Portrait of a Princess Doll ($195) and a Kate Middleton Royal Wedding Doll ($295), to be produced after the wedding when her dress is finally revealed.
On Church's site (www.TheUKGiftCompany.co. uk ), Aynsley China's line of four fine-bone china pieces, adorned with the couple's picture and ranging in price from $13 to $53, has been selling briskly since late last year. Halcyon Days produced one of its signature enamel boxes for the engagement (about $232) and it sold out, so a second one ($152) is now on sale.

And that's not all. This first royal wedding of the Internet age is expected to bring forth an avalanche of items spanning the silly to the sublime. To wit: royal wedding condoms. A British company already has sold about 1,000 packs of souvenir Crown Jewels condoms at about $6.50 for three, available in a royal-purple box decorated with a picture of the couple and the date of the wedding.

In March, a British cosmetic company will be selling a blue-gray nail polish named after Middleton's former tabloid nickname, "No More Waity Katie" (about $22). And a British alcohol distributor plans to release a limited-edition Prince William Champagne to commemorate the wedding (about $33).
Americans are among the most enthusiastic consumers of royal collectibles, Church says. He says 50% of the firm's total online sales of Royal Collection items so far have come from the USA, and he expects his U.S. sales will be in seven figures by the wedding.

"We believe (Americans buy) because it enables them to feel they are part of the celebration," Church says. "Americans see them as a spectacle, and they buy into the fairy story. They're more excited than the British are."

Gwynne Gorr, marketing director for The Franklin Mint, says she expects the 5,000 Middleton engagement dolls to sell out before the wedding.

"It's not a stretch to think that people watching will go online and very easily place an order for a product without getting out of their easy chairs," Gorr says. "In the week surrounding the wedding, you will see a huge jump in sales because of press coverage and the emotion tied to the event."

They've put the price of the condoms up from £5 to $6.50 already !

xL

funny isn't it, that Diana was a virgin when she was marched into marriage with Charles.  And she never bothered with condoms, got pregnant by 3 different men (if you believe the rumours and theories...

whereas Kate and Wills will be gagging to do away with the condoms, they've been so very careful for so very long.  So I reckon she'll be expecting like immediately and due perhaps 9 months after her wedding, like around next Christmas...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »
I never realized (paid attention) there were so many different styles.

I have recently taken an interest in and have been researching tiaras, but I've not seen this one before.  

All of them are historic and handed down.  

& I've got my facts wrong:  Kate won't have her 'choice' of British Royal Tiara's, she'll be given one by the Queen.

I also noticed that the punchline under your pic of Di says"  Kate won't be wearing this one...

xxxL