Author Topic: Beautiful Perfect Royal Wedding  (Read 35738 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Royal Wedding souvenirs
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »
Royal wedding gnomes expected to bring perfect bliss
Britain's biggest hardware chainstore predicts DIY boost from royal wedding bank holiday

B&Q is hoping for a royal wedding boost, if not from DIY enthusiasts using the extra bank holiday for jobs around the home, then from enthusiastic gardeners snapping up its special royal wedding gnomes.

It is not the first time the company has turned to celebratory gnomes to take advantage of major national events – it produced a special football gnome for last year's World Cup.

"We expect demand for the gnomes to be very high as royal items are always sought after as a collectible item," said Tom Kuhr, Garden Equipment Buyer at B&Q.

"While some people may turn their nose up at gnomes thinking they're a little kitsch we feel there is room for humour in everyone's lives, and the garden should be no exception. However, with the interest in the royal wedding and the number of collectors of royal memorabilia I wouldn't be surprised to see our gnomes popping up on Antiques Roadshow in the future."

B&Q-owner Kingfisher is hoping that it will sell more than just the gnomes – on sale from mid-April and priced at £12.98 each or £20 for the pair – over the royal wedding period. It is hoping the nation will knuckle down and get some big DIY jobs done. A bank holiday has been called for the day of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding on 29 April, giving a four-day weekend thanks to the May Day holiday

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, 10:04:41 AM »
I'm not getting one of these either:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
they're selling sick bags...

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 06:54:34 AM »
Olympic volunteers 'to help at royal wedding'
Matthew Beard, Sports News Correspondent

23 Feb 2011

Ads by Google

Buy Royal Wedding Flags
Royal Wedding flags & bunting buy online or call 01792 650044 now
www.MrFlag.com

Reiss - Kate Middleton
The Dress worn by Kate Middleton Find it at Reiss Online. Shop Now
www.reissonline.com/Nannette

Royal Wedding Memorabilia
Printed with Your Design. Mugs, Keyrings & More. Min Order 50 Units
www.igopost.co.uk/royalwedding

Commemorate William&Kate
Engagement commemorative £4.95 With 24ct Gold & genuine Sapphire
www.londonmintoffice.org/Prince

Olympic volunteers could be drafted into action early to act as tourist guides during the royal wedding.

Mayor Boris Johnson plans to ask Londoners who have signed up for 2012 duties to help out on April 29. About one million visitors are expected in the capital for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

A City Hall source said: "It is something we are looking into if time allows. It would be the best possible induction for the Olympics as the basic task of meeting, greeting and offering friendly advice will be the same."

Almost 34,000 people - against a target of 25,000 - have applied to become one of the 8,000 "London Ambassadors".

Among those hoping to be chosen are retired taxi driver Gerry Sheridan, 77, and his wife Jean, from Ilford. Mr Sheridan was 15 when he attended the last London Olympics in 1948 and saw two running legends, Dutch quadruple gold medallist Fanny Blankers-Koen and Czech Emil Zatopek, at Wembley. He said: "I got a free ticket and went with a few of my mates. We each took a bottle of pop and it rained all day but we had a wonderful time. The 1948 Games were so special because it gave a lift to the nation three years after the war.

"I'm hoping 2012 and the royal wedding will be similarly uplifting after difficult times we are coming through."

Mr Sheridan will attend a Redbridge council workshop this week. For those who have registered, Monday is the deadline for completing an application at www.londonambassadors.or g.uk. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed between April and July.

A further 70,000 people will volunteer their skills in a scheme run by the London Organising Committee of 2012.

Also on this topic
Boris Johnson and the man who slept rough with Prince William invited to wedding
Society photographer snaps up top job to take pictures of Kate and William's wedding
Kate Middleton's sister Pippa is maid for role of royal childminder
Royal wedding gets calf-skin certificate
MPs call for change to allow Kate’s daughter to be Queen

Ads by Google

Royal Wedding Souvenirs
Crystal, Enamel, Plates & More From UK's Leading Retailer, Free UK P&P.
goviers.co.uk/Royal_Wedding

Volunteer Through Writing
Write reviews of shops, events and more; earn charity donation points.
TrustedPlaces.Yell.com

Royal Wedding in London
Flight Prices rising fast. Compare & Save with Fly.com Now!
Fly.com/Royal_Wedding

Royal Engagaement latest
As William & Kate prepare Visit Heart for news & pictures!
www.heart.co.uk/showbiz

Reader views (1)  Add your view
Satirists must be in tears today, as reality outdoes anything they might imagine.
Be a serf for a day! Free forelocks issued with every smock!
Can someone explain what budget this is coming out of?

- mdj, london uk, 23/02/2011 14:46
Report abuse

Add your comment

Name:
Town and country:
Your comment:Terms and conditionsMake text area biggerYou have 1500 characters left.
We welcome your opinions. This is a public forum. Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules.
I agree to the House Rules.
Remember me - this will save your name and location for when you leave your next comment.
For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »
Ok, so you've forgiven Prince William for not proposing to you. You've also come around to the idea that Kate Middleton (while not you) is actually very pretty and stylish and down-to-earth-seeming. So you want to buy a little royal engagement souvenir to celebrate the big event, but crockery with unflattering images of the future King and Queen simply won't do. We think we've found the solution.

Knitter extraordinaire Donna Wilson has come up with a witty royal wedding souvenir: Kate and Wills gloves. The camel gloves are made of 100 percent lambswool and are emblazoned with the name "Kate" on the left hand and "Wills" on the right. A final adorable touch is a knitted blue engagement ring on the left hand (sadly, it's not a sapphire).

Not only will these winter warmers make a cute souvenir for yourself or a friend (they cost £35), but they can actually keep you cosy as well.

Passion for fashion? Follow us on Twitter and become our fan on Facebook
Tags: Fashion, Kate And Will, Royal Engagement, Shopping

Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
Reader comments (Page 1

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 05:23:58 AM »
Wel,, they look happy and good together. I wish William and Kate all the best.

I also heard on TV that the Dutches of York was banned from the wedding. True?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »
no, no, they don't do stuff as uncouth as ban people here.  Sarah is simply not invited.  After her divorce from Prince Andrew, she got diddly squat, no settlement, no pay off, nothing:  hence the jump to America to star on Oprah and Weightwatchers.  

I feel sorry for the poor daft woman.  There are awful jokes about her here, as in:  She'd sell you access to her ex-hubby and her two virgin daughters for a pack of ciggies and two bottles of cheap red plonk.  She has had a truly tough time and dreadful press.  She still lives in Andrew's castle though, when in England.  And she still probably moans.

She was never royalty, was never accepted.  And after the toe sucking photos with her financial advisor lover years ago, she was never again talked about or referred to by the Royals.  They've blanked her as if she doesn't exist.  And in my honest opinion, she's had to ungracefully accept that and bow out.  She will never be invited to another Royal do, she's lucky Andrew still has the common decency to house her and bail her out every once in a while.  She is the mother of two of Her Majesty's grandchildren, that's all she'll go down in history for.

The Obama's aren't invited either, although I suspect that's a conflict of schedules, either that or they're unable to have everyone important in the world all together in one place at one time?  

Your President is instead Royally invited for a private shindig red carpet and gala dinners visit here at Buck House shortly after the big wedding.

with love from London
Linda
xxx

here's the new "it's a 4-day bender full-on party we're planning" plate - which will hopefully get smashed by the 3rd day.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
I thought she'd been stripped of the Duchess title - but maybe she can still get away with it in America.

Tonight they're discussing whether or not to disentitle Prince Andrew The Duke of York of his "United Nations International Envoy" title due to his connections with Libya.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
Knitting patterns for royal wedding
(UKPA) – 3 days ago
Royal wedding fans who are keen knitters can now combine their two passions - by creating woollen figures to mark Prince William and Kate Middleton's nuptials.
Knitting patterns for 10 characters from the bride and groom to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are set out in a book published this week.
There is also a design for the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams - who will marry the couple on April 29 at Westminster Abbey - and for corgis, the monarch's favourite breed of dog.
The patterns can be found in the book Knit Your Own Royal Wedding by Fiona Goble.
Her detailed designs even include William's blue Garter sash and his Golden Jubilee medal and Kate's diamond and sapphire engagement ring and a tiny tiara.
And in a pointer to a possible design for the bride's dress, Mrs Goble has created a sleeveless gown.
Suggestions have been included for making customised guests so knitters can add famous faces or themselves to those taking part in the big day.
A backdrop of Westminster Abbey is also included and Buckingham Palace's famous balcony so the characters can be displayed in an authentic setting.
Mrs Goble told the Daily Mail: "Kate was the hardest for me to create because she is pretty. They're not supposed to be caricatures. Some of the others have more obvious features.
"Harry was the easiest - he has small eyes and a long face. And Rowan Williams because he has very distinctive wild hair and glasses."
Copyright © 2011 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 11:13:15 AM »
Royal Wedding: William and Kate Dress-up Dolly Book (Royal Wedding 2011) [Paperback]

3.0 out of 5 stars  See all reviews (1 customer review)
RRP:   £5.99
Price:   £4.19 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
You Save:   £1.80 (30%)
In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.
10 new from £2.06 1 used from £5.79

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
The Royal Event of the Decade:
Celebrate the Wedding of William and Kate!
The William and Kate Nuptials Commemorative

Yours for just £4.95
Celebrating the wedding of HRH Prince William and Catherine ('Kate') Middleton, the biggest Royal event of the decade, and be one of the first collectors worldwide to own the William & Kate Engagement commemorative!

Fully layered with 24 carat gold and inlaid with a genuine blue sapphire!
As one of the first customers you can now order the commemorative for £4.95 only (plus £1.95 P&P).

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »
or you can also now buy a fake ring for 99p

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 05:20:09 PM »
Royal Wedding Tat

Just how much tat is it possible to generate around the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton?

These are the future collectibles to be found in charity shops, landfills and dustbins worldwide. None of the content here is endorsed or paid for in any way, it is suggested you do not buy any of the items featured .

Keep up with submissions via Twitter @RoyalWeddingTat .
be part of the Tat Army, and submit any Royal Wedding tat you find via Twitter!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »
the Chinese have printed and imported and sold worldwide a mug with the face of the wrong (the bastard redhead) prince on it, which is now making news and will be highly collectable and worth megabucks...

guess we all look the same to them

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 05:47:39 PM »
there's a usb plug for only £24.99

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
Royal wedding:
The Prince of Wales’ official online shop is selling a jigsaw featuring Prince William and his fiancée, Kate Middleton.

The internet store for Highgrove, the heir to the throne's Gloucestershire home, is advertising a 250-piece jigsaw puzzle for £29.95.
The game is advertised as "a finely cut wooden jigsaw featuring unique Wentworth 'whimsy' pieces showing the engagement photograph of HRH Prince William and Catherine Middleton".
Miss Middleton's famous blue Issa dress and Princess Diana’s sapphire ring are clearly on show, while Prince William smiles proudly alongside her.
The 14in by 10in puzzle was made in Britain using wood from sustainable forests. Profits go to Charles' charitable foundation.
A spokesman for St James’s Palace said: "In response to customer demand, the Highgrove shop sells a variety of products for customers who wish to commemorate the royal wedding. All profits go to the Prince’s Charities fund."

Other Royal souvenirs for sale include Royal Collection porcelain, Highgrove champagne flutes and whisky tumblers.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
Prince Charlie, heir to the throne, is selling jigsaws on his website.  Now his future in-laws (Kate's parents) are selling lottery scratchcards on theirs...

By Harry Wallop, Consumer Affairs Editor 9:27PM GMT
Harry Wallop's Twitter
21 Comments
The scratch cards – designed to be used to play a game of trivia – are part of a Best of British range that has gone on sale at Party Pieces, the website owned and run by the Middleton family.
The cards risk further accusations that the website is taking advantage of the forthcoming wedding of Miss Middleton to Prince Wiliam.
Party Pieces, set up by Kate Middleton's parents Carole and Michael, has already been criticised for selling street party paraphernalia to coincide with the wedding.
And last year the website was forced to hurriedly take down an interview on the website with "Kate from Party Pieces", which saw Miss Middleton offering tips for hosting perfect parties next to a smiling, soft-focus photograph of herself. The interview, with details about Miss Middleton's childhood, was published by the website just a month after she won a controversial claim for alleged invasion of privacy after a photographer took pictures of her playing tennis during a private holiday in Cornwall.
The Britannia Scratch Trivia card costs £3.99 for a pack of ten. It is designed to be played by adults, allowing them to test their knowledge not just of British history and celebrities, but also the Royal Family. "Scratch away one crown to reveal the correct answer and impress your guests with your British knowledge," says the advertisement on the firm's website.
RELATED ARTICLES
Royal wedding souvenirs 16 Mar 2011
One question is: "What is the Royal Standard of England. A. Boat, B. Book, C. Flag"
There are three questions on each card. On the back of the card there is a humorous instruction, which is likely to raise eyebrows at Buckingham Palace.
It says: "Got three answers correct? Queen of England. Got two answers correct? Close to the throne. Got one correct? The Queen's corgi. Got none correct? To the Tower. Off with your head."
Party Pieces has become a very successful website, selling busy parents all the equipment they need to throw a children's birthday party – from plates and table cloths, to invitations and fancy dress outfits. It has branched out to adult parties, including hen nights.
The website is also offering the "Best of British" range with all the accessories to hold a traditional street party, with plates, cups, bunting, hats and a host of other items featuring the British "Union Jack" flag – a decision which has, according to some Palace insiders, led to concerns that the Middletons run the risk of being seen as too commercial and taking advantage of the wedding on April 29.
Mrs Middleton, 56, a former air hostess, set up Party Pieces in 1987. Her husband, a former British Airways flight dispatcher, helps to run it. Miss Middleton worked as a photographer and web designer for the firm for three years until Christmas.
Her sister Pippa runs Party Times, an online magazine for her parents' company which featured in a newspaper magazine two weeks before the engagement. And her brother James, 23, promotes his cake-making business on the website.
The finances of Party Pieces are unclear because it trades as a partnership rather than being registered as a company, which would entail lodging accounts with Companies House. But it is thought to have made millions of pounds for the family.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »
A Royal Romance CD Set

A beautiful collection of nostalgic and contemporary songs fit for a future king. 40 roamntic songs plus a 60 minute Bonus DVD featuring unseen footage of the Royal couple.

Songs include: Love at First Sight - Michael Buble, It Must Be Love - Madness, Eternal Flame - The Bangles, Love and Marriage - Frank Sinatra, Always & Foever - Heatwave, That's Amore - Dean Martin, Unforgettable - Nat King Cole, True Love - Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly, The Wind Beneath My Wings - Rachel Morrison, A Time For Love - Jamie Cullum, Mad About The Boy - Dinah Washington, Once In A While - Louis Armstrong, Angels - Paul Schofield, Here In My heart - Al Martino, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Mel Torme, Only You - The Platters, Embraceable You - Billie Holliday, Wonderful Tonight - Jeff Enfield, Dream A Little Dream - Ella Fitzgerald, All I Have To Do Is Dream - Everly Brothers, So Amazing - Luther Vandross, That Ol Devil Called Love - Alison Moyet, I Love You Because - Johnny Cash, When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole, Together We Are Beautiful - Fern Kinney, A Fine Romance - Fred Astaire, Love Changes Everything - John Barrowman, Rule The World - Nina Simone, I Can't Help Falling In Love - Andy Williams, Love Letters - Pat Boone, Warm & Tender Love - Reel & Soul Association, To Know Him Is To Love Him - The Teddy Bears, I Get A Kick Out Of You - Louis Armstrong, You're Beautiful - Sammy Orr, Let's Do It, Let's Fall In Love - Bing Crosby, Unchained Melody, Al Hibbler, My Baby Just Cares For Me - Nina Simone, The Look Of Love - Saskia, The Man I Love - Sarah Vaughan, The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
£9.00
I Hate Royal Weddings Classic Thong

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
Royal Wedding mobile phone at Carphone Warehouse
March 24, 2011
A special royal wedding mobile phone has been released in time for the April 29 marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton. As wedding fever gets underway, many companies are looking to cash in on memorabilia for the exciting occasion, with mobile phone Alcatel the latest to join the trend.
The handset, which sports the Union Jack flat and the initials C and W on the back, will also record the date of the wedding. The Alcatel Smartphone is just one of many items which have been given a royal treatment since the announcement at the start of this year.
Costing only £14.95 for the actual handset, the phone is available on a pay as you go basis from Carphone Warehouse. Additional features include a ring tone of Mendelssohn’s Wedding March and a special wallpaper of Kate and Wills.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2011, 08:30:16 AM »
Prince Harry throws William a 'top secret' stag do

Prince William enjoys low-key celebration with friends

Prince William's secret stag party is believed to have been a low-key affair on a sprawling Norfolk country estate with 22 of his friends.

Wills's brother and Best Man Harry, 26, changed plans for the event at the last minute as details of his original water-themed do in Devon were leaked.

'I can confirm that Prince William's stag party happened this weekend,' a source at St James's Palace tells the Daily Mail.

'It was an entirely private event and we don't intend to make any further comment.'

The stag party, which cost no more than £2,500, was held early because Prince William has a number of royal engagements in the run up to the Royal Wedding on 29 April.

The future King, 28, will marry Kate Middleton next month.  Her hen night, as well as her tiara and dress, remain a mystery...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:05 AM »
Greedy Kate Middleton and Prince William are having loads of wedding cakes, although we expect it’s because they’ve got lots of guests coming to their low-key day at the end of April.

Fiona Cairns has confirmed she’s making two cakes for the wedding – one multi-layered fruit cake for the wedding and then a McVities chocolate biscuit cake will be made for the reception.

Apparently, the biscuit cake will have ‘a few hundred slices’ and contain about 35 lbs. of chocolate and approximately 1,700 McVitie's Rich Tea biscuits.

Fiona, who’s made cakes for the royals (and unofficial royal Paul McCartney) before, met Kate at Clarence House six weeks ago to choose what she’d like and Kate was well prepared. “She knew very much what she wanted, and she brought us mood boards and told us what influences she would like us to use on each cake,” says Fiona.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
Re: Royal Wedding news
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »
April 2, 2011 Last updated at 02:56
Royal wedding: Tours follow in couple's footsteps
By Peter Jackson
BBC News

From trips to Kate Middleton's home village in Berkshire to a Kate and Wills walking tour of London, travel firms are unashamedly cashing in on the royal engagement. But what do the paying public think? We joined a tour to find out.

For many, the royal wedding in April amounts to little more than a welcome day off, but for a dedicated band of tourists and royalists, it is a golden opportunity to indulge their love of the monarchy.

A thriving industry in royal wedding tours is attracting a steady crowd for whom a tea towel or mug no longer cures their royal fever.

For the princely sum of £15 - about half the cost of a half-decent replica royal engagement plate - one such operator is offering a guided stroll around the London sites that "helped define the golden couple".

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2011, 03:56:23 AM »
 :-\

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:40 AM »