Author Topic: Don't Let the BJJ/Wrestlers snow you  (Read 8243 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Re: Don't Let the BJJ/Wrestlers snow you
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »
 If he has friends, who are willing to gang up on you, they are going to gang up on you whether you are standing or on the ground.

And multiple people have a 99% chance of putting you on the ground anyway.

A group tackle is nearly impossible to stop.

Then what do you want to be good at?

Gracie Rules

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 02:08:12 AM »
If he has friends, who are willing to gang up on you, they are going to gang up on you whether you are standing or on the ground.

You live up to your name well, my friend.

Rorion, speaking on behalf of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and using it as a selling point, never said ALL fights go to the ground. He estimated maybe 90% of street fights end up on the ground. And against multiple attackers he was very specific in saying that you don't want to be on the ground but chances are you will end up there.

Ryan, an evil human being, was high as a kite when he was ganged up on after stealing someone's bike. He was found dead the next day in a jail cell.

The unrepentant rapist and possible murderer is now in his rightful place burning in hell.

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 06:09:46 AM »
When someone in Benny's homeless community tries to take his shopping cart full of cans or trash feast of banana peels and chewed gum, he is difficult to stop.

WTF??  :D

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:55 PM »
Fighting hinges a lot on intelligence, like when multiple guys charge you in a straight line lol Honestly there are a lot of factors besides style.
And your not going to really know what your dealing with till you already in it. Hence why I took up weight lifting/MMA/etc...
But all that means nothing cause you'll never know what you'll run into. That's why I stay street smart low key and I'm as nice as possable to every one I meet. And that's probably the most effective self defence methods of all ;)
P

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »
Dude, even in a street fight most people abide by some kind of unspoken rules i.e. no eye gouging, nut shots, etc.  Otherwise, fuck the fighting and start the shooting ::)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fantasy world does this guy live in?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fantasy world does this guy live in?
I don't see you on the G&O talking about Fedors second loss in a row.........are you gonna be OK?

;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:07:54 PM »
I don't see you on the G&O talking about Fedors second loss in a row.........are you gonna be OK?

;D

I posted. Can't say I'm too broken up about it as he'll still go down as the GOAT. And the HW division of MMA will continue to blow (much like most of the other divisions right now).

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
We have a bunch of tough guys thugs here ::) Please post videos of street fights where people are getting their eyes gouged out or bitten.

Real men dont run about taking videos of fights in the street asshole, they get stuck in and dont stand watching if their friend or family is gettin beat down. No one follows rules in a fight. There is no such thing.You need to stop thinking every fight is like a UFC match

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
Real men dont run about taking videos of fights in the street asshole, they get stuck in and dont stand watching if their friend or family is gettin beat down. No one follows rules in a fight. There is no such thing.You need to stop thinking every fight is like a UFC match

I don't think every fight is like a UFC match.  But, if during a fight someone tries to bite me or poke my eyes or some other coward move, trust me, I'm not going to just sit there and try to pull off an arm bar ::)  At that point, weapons of any kind will come into play.
w

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
I don't think every fight is like a UFC match.  But, if during a fight someone tries to bite me or poke my eyes or some other coward move, trust me, I'm not going to just sit there and try to pull off an arm bar ::)  At that point, weapons of any kind will come into play.

When all else fails -- just pull guard.

Trust me on this one.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »

I guess that first video was the "magical 1%" that BJJ guys talk about, eh my Kool-Aid gulping friend.  ;)

Logic dictates that if they are "going to gang up on you whether standing or on the ground", that you'd rather be standing, as then you at least will be able to see where the next attack is coming from and potentially neutralize it and/or run to a place where you can escape, or get to a place where the odds become more in your favor. You can't do that on your back or while singling out one attacker and mounting him.

With a screen name like yours, no doubt the Gracies make a statement and you just gobble that shit up by the spoonful, don't you.  :D
!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »
In that 1st video we see an obvious trained boxer, demolish two completely untrained fighters.  If one of those guys had just 2 months of wrestling or BJJ training, they would have shot in for a double and had the guy on his back in a matter of seconds. 
w

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »
I guess that first video was the "magical 1%" that BJJ guys talk about, eh my Kool-Aid gulping friend.  ;)

Logic dictates that if they are "going to gang up on you whether standing or on the ground", that you'd rather be standing, as then you at least will be able to see where the next attack is coming from and potentially neutralize it and/or run to a place where you can escape, or get to a place where the odds become more in your favor. You can't do that on your back or while singling out one attacker and mounting him.

With a screen name like yours, no doubt the Gracies make a statement and you just gobble that shit up by the spoonful, don't you.  :D

"If he has friends, who are willing to gang up on you, they are going to gang up on you whether you are standing or on the ground.

Then what do you want to be good at?"

I never said that people should  take multiple people to the ground.

Or letting them take you to the ground.

My point was... if you commit a mistake of letting the opponents taking you to the ground on a street fight  "and multiple people have 99% chance of putting you in the ground".

Worst case scenario... you're in the ground already. got it?

Well!! knowing BJJ will help you to get rid of the opponent/opponents ... and stand up fast.  ;)
Gracie Rules