Author Topic: Will Sting ever sign with the WWE?  (Read 8206 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Will Sting ever sign with the WWE?
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
It is rumor that Steve Borden, aka Sting, has not signed with TNA.  Do you think he will sign with the WWE and what is everyone's feelings about this since Sting is one of the last not to ever wrestle in the WWE?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Will Sting ever sign with the WWE?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:37:58 AM »
It is rumor that Steve Borden, aka Sting, has not signed with TNA.  Do you think he will sign with the WWE and what is everyone's feelings about this since Sting is one of the last not to ever wrestle in the WWE?
Money talks....and BS walks as they say.....

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:02:36 AM »
As Playboy said, I'm sure he'd take the money, but, I don't see what a 52 year old Sting brings to the table for the WWE. Is he gonna put asses in the seats or sell ppvs? The younger fans probably don't know who he is.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:47:18 AM »
As Playboy said, I'm sure he'd take the money, but, I don't see what a 52 year old Sting brings to the table for the WWE. Is he gonna put asses in the seats or sell ppvs? The younger fans probably don't know who he is.
I would imagine he would make the odd appearance when they are touring down south in the old WCW territories but he's probably be in a backstage role. A road agent like Ricky Steamboat or Arn Anderson.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »

Without steroids Sting looks like a guy you'd see at Target (not Walmart-I won't do that to Sting).  BUT could you imagine if he got back on the juice? 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 05:06:25 AM »

Without steroids Sting looks like a guy you'd see at Target (not Walmart-I won't do that to Sting).  BUT could you imagine if he got back on the juice? 
Same coulb be said for all wrestling talent.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 05:09:00 AM »

True.  And Sting never over-did it, as he had plenty of size and strength, remember when he would press slam guys all over the place?  But he maintained a very athletic and healthy look. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »
True.  And Sting never over-did it, as he had plenty of size and strength, remember when he would press slam guys all over the place?  But he maintained a very athletic and healthy look. 
Absolutely. He was definately a well built but very athletic athelete.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 03:52:16 PM »

JOE?

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
He always said he would never go to Vince.  Maybe after the Attitude Era, it would be okay with him. 

I think he should stick to his word, though.

Sho, you must have forgotten when he came back after a fairly long layoff and won the belt from Hogan.  He blew up big time for that one.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:09:43 PM »
back in the heyday

can anyone name the other guy?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »
Looks like Dutch Mantel.
Borden & Hellwig wrestled under a couple of different names in several territories.
I'm presuming they ran into Dirty Dutch down South, as I believe he mostly lingered around TN; had some high-profile feuds with Lawler.

On a side note: I read a while back that Mantel is/was working in a backstage capacity for TNA.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »
Sting looked good in the UWF when he was teamed with Rock as the Bladerunners.  Unfortunately, in his effort to keep up size wise with Hellwig, he got a really nasty case of gyno which was evident even when he tried wrestling with a cut off shirt on to hide it.  After having it removed, he never went back on the sauce heavy enough again like he did in the past.

Michael Hayes told me this one morning at Gold Gym on Buford Highway.  Used to see and chat with him all the time.  Had plenty of stories about the scene.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 04:45:50 AM »
The very latest on Sting:

There are still a ton of people believing that Sting is coming to WWE on 2/21/11. Here’s the deal guys – there have been absolutely zero talks between WWE and Sting. It’s that simple. Could things change? Of course but as of this writing there have been absolutely no talks. The Sting rumors started several weeks ago with a New York Daily News post stating he had signed a one-year deal with the company. I’m pretty sure that if that report never came out and we never posted it here, we wouldn’t be talking about Sting to WWE at all right now. Nonetheless, there are MANY fans who continue to believe that Sting is coming to WWE. That is simply not the case right now. Sorry to disappoint you guys. The return on 02/21/11 at the Elimination Chamber PPV could be The Undertaker, Jericho or even Triple H.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »
The very latest on Sting and the mystery return on 02/21/11:

By browsing the RAW clips section of Hulu, the video of the mystery figure for 2/21 is titled, “He’s Coming Back.” This all but confirms the return of The Undertaker since Sting has never “been there.” Note from Ryan Clark: I can’t stress this enough guys – there are no plans for Sting to debut with WWE and there have been absolutely NO TALKS whatsoever between the two sides as of Monday of this week. Sting has been in talks with Dixie Carter and numerous TNA sources expect him to re-sign with TNA in the very near future.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 03:08:04 AM »
As we all know he is the only WCW Wrestler to never compete in WWE. I am sure if this were to happen, Vince would give a huge contract/payday.

Sting is 51/52 and I am sure he is financially well but heck if Vince threw him a few million and he had some kind of creative control....it would be a no brainer.

As for those who think he will battle undertaker, it ain't happening!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »

This guy knows better. If he comes to the Federation he's gonna get chewed up and spat out. Know his name and face. Don't know his career. Just don't see him ending his career in the Federation.

::)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »
the following was posted by Justin LaBar on Wrestlezone.com:

After speaking with several sources, I can now confirm the plans for The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta.

The plan is for it to be The Undertaker versus Triple H. The match will be billed with the stipulation of “Streak vs Career.” The stipulation will play off of the career ending match at WrestleMania 26 match between The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. I have learned that the feud and match between The Undertaker and Triple H is all but official and should be revealed on WWE programming very soon.

So is this good or is this bad?

I admit, I loved the speculation and was a speculator for the possibility of the fantasy match between Sting and The Undertaker. When I watched the first 2-21-11 promo from inside the Dunkin Donuts center in Providence, the first thing I thought was “Has WWE done it? Did they get Sting for WrestleMania?” It seems as if they haven't.

Now I know if you were a good loyal viewer of mine, you may have seen on this weeks part 1 of the Chair Shot Reality, I question if the 2-21 promo is absolutely the return of The Undertaker. Well, the world of television/video, stuff is pre-recorded. At the time of filming I believed what I said on the show. Now after learning what I have learned, without a doubt it seems 2-21 is going to involved the deadman. 

If The Undertaker doesn't have Sting or the other intriguing match that would be a major draw in John Cena, than Triple H is the way to go. Returning after nearly a year to avenge the career ending match that retired his best friend.

How does it end? The streak can't be ended can it? I don't think so. Triple H has accomplished everything there is to accomplish as a wrestler. It has been no secret that he hasn't much more involved in the other side of things. He is being more involved in the behind the scenes aspect of things and hat he along with his wife Stephanie will be running the ship whenever Vince McMahon is no longer doing it. So I would have to think that WrestleMania 27 from an active wrestler stand point, its game over. Done playing the game, now its time to run the game.

It should be interesting to see play out. I will certainly be watching RAW this week so I can smell what Mr. McMahon is cooking when it comes to the WrestleMania guest host.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 12:12:30 PM »
Sting tells FT he was approached and offered a match with Undertaker, and a place in the Hall of Fame but he turned it down.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true!” laughs TNA’s champ. “It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW.

“I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Under- taker and Triple H.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 04:36:31 AM »
Sting tells FT he was approached and offered a match with Undertaker, and a place in the Hall of Fame but he turned it down.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true!” laughs TNA’s champ. “It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW.

“I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Under- taker and Triple H.”
I always said that Sting didn't need the WWE and the WWE certainly didn't need Sting. Sting made it perfectly clear many times in the past that he wants no part of WWE programming whatsoever.